InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Loving You ❯ Explanation ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Loving You*

Chapter 7: Explanation

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



"What do you mean he's gone?" A voice growled from the shadows in the back of the office.

The demon cringed at the voice.

"Well, sir, uh-"

"Fucking spit it out!"

"His mother, the witch, came."

"You mean to tell me that your friends couldn't handle one little witch?"

"She's a lot more powerful than you said she was."

"What do you mean?"

"She blew up Tarken without a potion. She used her hands, like you said she would do to freeze. And she wasn't alone."

"What?"

"There was a man with her. I think he was a demon, he had the power to throw energy balls."

"Ah, so he now knows. This could work towards my favor." He paused. "Leave now, until I call for you."

"Yes, my lord," the demon said, bowing before he shimmered out.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

"Hey, Rin," Kagome called when she walked into the house.

"Yeah," Rin answered from the sunroom.

Kagome laid Wyatt down on the couch in the sitting room. He was exhausted and fell asleep on the way home. She walked into the room and plopped down next to Rin. "Are you busy tonight? After six?"

"Yeah, I'm going out with Sesshomaru. Why?"

"Crap. I need someone to baby-sit Wyatt for a few hours."

"Why?"

Kagome was a little reluctant to tell Rin because of how she reacted earlier. "I'm going to dinner with Inuyasha," she told her.

Rin's head whipped around from the television to her sister. "Really?" She was about to bombard Kagome with questions, then remembered the promise she had made not to pry.

"Yeah, to talk," Kagome said slowly, eyeing Rin.

"Oh, well, that's good."

"Yeah. Well, since your busy, I guess I could ask Sango and Miroku, but I don't want to stress Sango out anymore than she is."

"No, I'll watch him," Rin told her.

"No, you have plans with Sesshomaru."

"That's okay, we go out all the time. We'll just stay here with Wyatt."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." Rin looked around the room. "By the way, where is my sweet nephew?"

"He's sleeping on the couch," Kagome told her. "Now, are you sure your sure?"

"Positive." Rin assured her. "I'll order some take out and rent some movies. It'll be fun."

"Will Sess go for it?"

"Of course he will. Do you need to use my car?"

"No, Inuyasha's picking me up."

"Oh, okay."

Kagome stood up. "Since that's settled, I'm gonna take Wyatt upstairs and take a little nap before I leave."

"Still jet lagged?"

"Yeah, I can never shake it until a few days after I've landed." Kagome yawned.

"Sweet dreams."

"Mmhmm."

Kagome got Wyatt and went upstairs. Before she laid down, she set the alarm on her phone to go off at five.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

A few hours later, Kagome jumped awake when her phone went off. She turned it off and got up. She brushed her hair and re-did her make-up. Grabbing a red dress from her closet, she changed her clothes. She picked up her purse and a pair of black stiletto heels. Kagome kissed her son on the forehead and quietly walked out of the room. Turning the corner in the hallway, she started walking down the stairs just as Rin was halfway up.

"I was on my up to see if you were awake," Rin said turning around to walk back down the stairs. "Is Wyatt still sleeping?"

"Yeah, " Kagome said as they descended the stairs. "But you're gonna have to wake him up in about a half hour or else he'll stay up all night." She sat down on the seat near the door and put on her shoes.

"When are you gonna be back?"
"I don't know." Kagome stood up. "Dinner will probably be about an hour and a half. I don't know where we're going, so I don't know how long it's gonna take to get there. I say about two and half hours. Three tops. I'll call you if I'm gonna be later."

"Alright. When is Yash going to-" Rin was interrupted by the doorbell. "-get here."

"His timing is just like I remember, impeccable," Kagome said laughing a bit.

Kagome stepped over to the door and opened it to reveal a very sexy looking Inuyasha. He was wearing black slacks, black shoes and a black short sleeve dress shirt. His silver hair concealed by a ring his father gave him. When he's wearing the ring, his hair is a short black style, his ears were normal human ears, his fangs were short, and the last change in his appearance is his eyes. Instead of being amber colored, they're a dark violet, almost black color.

"Hello, Inuyasha," Kagome said.

"Hey," Inuyasha replied. Damn she still looks good. He cleared his throat (and his head) before speaking again. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah."

"Have a good night," Rin said. She gave her sister a hug and whispered in her ear, "Remember, no sex without safe sex."

Kagome gasped and pulled back. "Rin!"

Rin winked and walked further into the house. "Have fun!" She called over her shoulder.

Kagome shook her head. "Let's go."

Inuyasha grinned at Kagome, then turned around and walked down the steps.

"What are you grinning at?" Kagome asked.

"My concealment conceals my looks, not my powers. You know that."

Kagome blushed as she got in the car. She cleared her throat after Inuyasha got in. "So, uh, where are we going?"

Inuyasha turned to her and smiled. "You'll see."

Kagome sighed as Inuyasha pulled away from the manor.

"What's up?" Inuyasha asked after hearing her sigh.

"Nothing," Kagome said, staring out the window.

"Kagome, I know you. Even though we haven't seen each other in five years, you're still the same."

"Oh, really?" Kagome asked, turning toward him.

"Yeah."

"You think so?"

"Yeah. Now tell me what's the matter."

Kagome hesitated for a second before she spoke. "Well, it's just that I'm leaving my son with my sister, who he just met, in a strange house, in a strange country. I think I'm just having some severe separation issues."

Inuyasha smiled. This was a side of Kagome he's never seen before. He liked seeing her being motherly. "He'll be fine."

"I'm sure your right."

They rode in silence for a minute before Inuyasha reached over and turned on the radio. He had a cd in the player. Once he turned it on, Walkie Talkie Man by Steriogram blared through the speakers.

Kagome laughed. "Oh my god, I haven't heard this song in years."

"You're serious?" Inuyasha asked, shocked. "We used to listen to this song all the time. You loved it."

"I know, I still do. It's just that when I moved to New York...I don't know. I guess I just needed to sever everything in my life that reminded me of, well, you." Kagome stopped for a second, not sure if she should continue, but a glance at Inuyasha told her she should. "So, when I got there, I mostly listened to my show tunes, because I was to start dancing in the chorus for my aunt and uncle's production company."

"Oh," Inuyasha said, not expecting an explanation like that. "So, do you still know the words?"

Kagome blinked. She was surprised that Inuyasha didn't pursue the issue further. "Uh, yeah. Of course I still know the words."

"Ok, then. Prove it." Inuyasha started the song over and glanced at Kagome.

The music came through the speakers and once the lyrics started both of them started singing along.

"When I'm walkin and a talkin and a movin and a groovin..." they sang.

After the song ended, they looked at each other and busted out laughing.

"That was fun!" Kagome exclaimed as Inuyasha turned into a parking lot.

"We're here," he announced.

Kagome looked at the building and gasped. "Inuyasha, you didn't have to take me here."

"I know. But I wanted to."

Inuyasha parked and they got out and headed into the restaurant.

"Welcome to The Kitakata. Do you have a reservation?" The hostess asked right when they walked in.

"Tashio," Inuyasha answered."Right this way," she said. She took them to a table in a secluded corner. "Here are your menus. Your waiter will be right with you."

"Thank you," Kagome said.

Inuyasha just nodded.

"Really, Inuyasha," Kagome said after the hostess walked away. "This is a very expensive restaurant. We could have gone somewhere else."

"We could have. But I couldn't help remember this one time where you said you wanted to come to this restaurant at least once. You asked me to take you and I never got the chance to because of, uh...what happened. So, I figured I would take you since you're back."

"Thank you," Kagome said.

Just then the waiter showed up. "Hello," he greeted. "My name is Mikio and I'll be your server tonight. Can I start you off with something to drink?"

Both being from very prominent families, they were used to this whole upper class style of things. What wine to order, what food to order, how to act.

"We'll have your finest red wine," Inuyasha asked.

"Alright," the waiter said. "Are you ready to order or do you still need a few moments?"

"Few moments," Inuyasha said.

They looked over their menus in silence until the waiter came back.

The waiter came back with the wine. "A very fine choice, sir," the waiter complimented on the wine. He poured them each a glass and put the bottle in an ice bucket. "Are you ready to order?"

"You ready?" Inuyasha asked Kagome.
"Yes."

They both ordered their food.

"Alright. Enjoy the wine and your salads will be out shortly."

They sat in silence for a minute before Kagome spoke.

"I guess now is the time to explain everything, huh?"

"Now's as good a time as any," Inuyasha replied.

Kagome took a deep breath. "Okay...I first suspected that I was pregnant when I skipped my period in November. Then when I didn't have one in December, I went to a clinic an hour away. And, obviously, the nurse told me I was." Kagome paused when the waiter came back with their salads.

"Thank you," Kagome said to the waiter.

"Continue," Inuyasha told her after the waiter walked away.

She took a bite of her salad before continuing. "The nurse did an ultrasound and printed a picture for me. After that, I took my time going home. I knew once my parents found out all hell would break loose. I went home and went straight to my room and to bed." Kagome ate more of her salad. "The next morning I got sick in the bathroom and Akira heard me and told me to come downstairs. I tried to play it off like I was sick, but then he showed me the ultrasound picture he found and I knew it was over. Then he told me I had to get an abortion. I told him no and that's when I decided to leave." She watched as Inuyasha absorbed it all in.

"Akira..." Inuyasha paused. Anger building up in him. "He tried to make you kill our baby?" He asked through gritted teeth.

Kagome nodded.

They didn't have a chance to say anything else because the waiter came back with their food. "I hope everything meets your expectations," he said to them.

Inuyasha and Kagome said their thanks. Once the waiter left, they started eating.

"How is it?" Inuyasha asked.

"Oh, very good," Kagome replied.

They ate a few more bites before talking again.

"Inuyasha, what happened after I left?"

Inuyasha hesitated before answering. "Rin brought over your letter New Years Day. When I read your letter I thought it was a joke until I saw that Rin had tears in her eyes. Then she hugged me and told me to let you go. For awhile I was depressed. So depressed, that the first month after You left, I never left my room. I just sat, staring at the wall. Miroku finally convinced me to come out. Then after a few months, I got angry. No one said your name in front of me. I guess for fear of making me upset or something. It was like that for over a year. But then I started to accept that you were gone for good."

"Inuyasha, I never meant to hurt you," Kagome said, her voice full regret.

By this time, they were halfway done with their meal.

Inuyasha looked Kagome in the eyes before asking her something that he's been waiting to ask her for a long time. "Why?"

Kagome looked away, not able to stand seeing the hurt in his eyes any longer. "I thought that it would be best-"

"To take my son away from me?" Inuyasha said a little loudly. Just loud enough to get a few looks from the people at the tables near them. "Sorry," he grumbled. He was a for a moment. "You thought it would be best taking our child away from me?" he asked more quietly than before.

"I didn't want to ruin your life, Inuyasha."

"Kagome, you were only sixteen! Why would you think that it would ruin my life, but not yours?"

"You were leaving to go to college the next year. I couldn't let you not go to college and drop out of high school to get a job to support us. And I know you would," she added when he opened his mouth to object. I wasn't planning to go to college, I wanted to perform...dance. And I did that. If I had stayed, Akira would have made me get an abortion."

"I wouldn't have let him," Inuyasha said.

"The point is, Inuyasha, is that I thought I was doing the right thing, but I realize now that I shouldn't have run away. I should have told you. I'm sorry."

Inuyasha sighed. "Kagome, I was very angry at you. Still am, in a way." He paused. "But, I think we can work something out."

"Okay," Kagome said.

They went back to their dinner and were just about done when the waiter came back.

"How is everything?"

"Good," Inuyasha said.

"Would you care for any dessert tonight?"

Inuyasha looked at Kagome, who shook her head. "No, thank you."

The waiter smiled. "Alright. Here's your bill," he said before walking away.

Inuyasha took out his credit card and put it in the little folder with the bill. The waiter came back a few minutes later and took it away.

"Okay, now that we got all that out of the way," Kagome said. "How about I tell you everything that has happened to me since I left?"

"Sounds good to me. We could go to the park near the pond."

Kagome smiled. "Sure."

When they were young, they used to go swimming in the pond all the time.

After the waiter came back with the receipt, they left.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

When they arrived at the park, they walked the few minutes to the pond in silence. They sat down on the bench and stared at the water.

"Obviously you know that I wasn't attending a dance school in the States," Kagome started. "I moved to New York to live with my aunt and uncle."

"Candence and Luke?"

"Yeah. I lived with them through out my pregnancy and six months after Wyatt was born."

"What did they say about you being pregnant at sixteen?" Inuyasha asked quietly.

"My uncle said nothing negative about it. He never questioned me about it. But I could tell he wasn't happy about it." Kagome paused and took a deep breath. "My aunt on the other hand, she yelled at me. She was all nice to me at the airport, but when we got to their house, she really laid into me. Asking me how this could have happened? Why it happened? And why did I let this happen? I told her everything."

"Everything?" Inuyasha asked, unbelievingly.

"Yes, every..." Kagome trailed off. "No! Inuyasha, god no! Just what led up to that and the months following that."

"Oh." Inuyasha breathed a sigh of relief.

"Then I told her about the day my mom and Akira found out. Aunt Cadence was so mad at Akira, she almost flew here to yell at him. But, thankfully, I talked her out of it. Then after she was done yelling, she told me really wasn't that angry, she just wanted to know if I understood the gravity of the situation. We talked about how I was gonna take care of the baby. She also told me that she and Uncle Luke was gonna help me anyway they could. My uncle told me I was to live with them for awhile. I asked about helping out, giving them money, but they said no. They did give me job at the theater, so I was happy that I didn't have to go out and find a job. Then my aunt found me a doctor and started planning my baby shower." Kagome paused to laugh. "It was funny seeing my aunt running around getting stuff for it." She glanced at Inuyasha. "Am I boring you with all this?" She asked softly.

Inuyasha smiled. "No. I just wish that I was a part of it, that's all. Go on."

"So, the baby shower was way over the top. You know my aunt, she always over does everything. Anyway, it was held at the Hilton hotel, in the ballroom. Tons of guests I didn't know. All of them, it seemed, my aunt knew them personally. Got lots of presents. Then the next big thing that happened was when I went into labor. I was more calm then my aunt and uncle. They were rushing around getting everything, waking up my cousin."

"Wait," Inuyasha interrupted. "Waking up you cousin? What time was it?"

"I remember looking at the clock the moment I woke up because of the pain. It was three twenty six. So, they rushed me to the hospital. I had my own suite there. And I had the best doctor and nurses." Kagome smiled at the memory. "My cousin brought her camera and took hundreds of pictures. Before, during and after birth. And the days following. And at every birthday. I also have tons of home videos."

"Really?" Inuyasha asked. "Can I see them?"

"Sure, but they're at home."

"Well, then lets head back."

Kagome shook her head. "No, at home, as in my penthouse in New York."

"Oh," Inuyasha said, a bit sadly.

Kagome hesitated, not sure if she really wanted to say what she was about to say. "We could, uh, go there tomorrow, if you want? Me, you and Wyatt."

"I could try to get the day off again," Inuyasha said.

"Did you ask for today off?"

"Yeah."

"You shouldn't ask for two days off in a row," Kagome said. "We could wait till you have a day off."

"No, it's okay. I have a lot of vacation days waiting to use."

"No, Inuyasha. I don't want to keep you from your job."

Inuyasha sighed, remembering how stubborn she could be. "Alright, I'll make you a deal."

"Okay," Kagome said slowly.

"What if I work a half day, get off at noon, and we can to then?"

"Sounds good, I guess."

"So, you and Wyatt can meet-"

"Wait a sec," Kagome said, holding up her hand. "If your about to say anything about Wyatt meeting your parents, then no. I will not do that unless your there."

"That's not what I was gonna say."

"Oh. Sorry. What were you going to say?"

"That you and Wyatt can meet me at my house, because no one's gonna be there. My dad and brother will be at work. And my mom has some luncheon with the ladies of the city society or something like that."

Kagome groaned. "Which means my mom is going to be there. Which also means that they're gonna be talking about me and then their friends will know. Then when I go out people will stop me and-"

"Kagome! Stop rambling," Inuyasha sighed. "God, that's so annoying."

"Sorry. What were we talking about?"

"You meeting me at my house tomorrow at twelve."

"Oh, right. We'll be there." Kagome looked at her cell phone to check to see if her sister called her at all. She gasped when she saw it was almost eleven. "We gotta go. Rin is probably wondering where we are."

They got up and walked back to the car. Kagome called Rin when Inuyasha started driving down the road.

"Hello?"

"Rin, it's Kagome. I'm on my way."

"Okay."

"Is Wyatt still up?"

"No, he's asleep.""For how long?"

"About a half hour."

"Oh, okay. We'll be back soon."

"Don't rush back on my account."

"I'm not. It's late and I'm tired."

"Excuses, excuses. See ya."

Kagome closed her phone and laughed quietly for a second.

"What?" Inuyasha asked curiously.

"Rin." Kagome just said her name and Inuyasha knew what she meant. He knew all too well how dramatic Rin could be.

The ride back to the manor was quiet except for the radio. When they got back, Inuyasha walked Kagome in. They stepped into the living room and found Rin sitting on Sesshomaru's lap in the arm chair, watching a movie.

"Hey, guys," Kagome said, as she sat down on the couch. Inuyasha plopped down next to her.

"So, how was dinner?" Rin asked.

"Good," Inuyasha answered.

"We did a lot of talking and we're good," Kagome said.

"Good enough to behave at my wedding? Especially when you have to dance?"

"Yes," Kagome said through gritted teeth, eyeing Rin, knowing the meaning behind that statement. "Was Wyatt good for you?" She asked, changing the subject.

"Yeah, he was real good. We got some pizza and watched two Disney movies, The Lion King, and Toy Story."

"His favorite movies." Kagome informed Inuyasha. "Is he upstairs?"

"No, he's in the sitting room, on the couch." Kagome looked into the room and saw Wyatt laying there underneath a blanket, as Rin continued talking. "We didn't want him to be left alone after what happened yesterday."

"Thanks, you two, for watching him," Kagome said, standing up. "I'm gonna take him upstairs and go to bed. Good night."

"Night," Rin said.

Sesshomaru just nodded.

"I'll carry him up for you," Inuyasha said.

"Thanks."

Rin watched Kagome and Inuyasha take Wyatt upstairs. "When are they gonna realize that they are meant to be together?" She wondered out loud.

"Rin," Sesshomaru warned.

"I'm just thinking out loud. There's no harm in that."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

Inuyasha laid Wyatt down on the bed and sat next to him. Kagome sat on the opposite side of the bed.

"I do this a lot," Kagome said softly. "I just sit here and watch him sleep. And think, how could we have made something so wonderful? I don't know what I would do if I lost him. My whole life is centered around him."

Inuyasha nodded. He stared at Wyatt for a little bit longer before standing up. "I guess I better get going."

"Yeah," Kagome whispered. "I'll walk you to the door."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow," Kagome said as she opened the door.

"Don't forget."

"I won't." She paused. "Thank you for dinner, Inuyasha."

"No problem."

"Well, good night."

"Night."



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*


A/N: Theres chapter 7 for ya. Sorry it took so long to update. So I hope you liked the long awaited talk between Inuyasha and Kagome, and the little bit of the bad guys. Sorry again :(


PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or anything I borrow from Charmed.