InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Loving You ❯ chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Loving You

Chapter 9




“Inuyasha, what the hell is going on?” Kikyo shouted after him. She watched as he just ignored her and walked outside.

Once he was outside, Kikyo smirked. She knew all along who the kid was… knew that Kagome Higurashi was back. She just needed to play it like she didn’t know anything.

“Damn, what a good actress I am,” she whispered.

“Indeed,” a voice from behind her said.

Kikyo jumped at first, but relaxed when she recognized the voice. “Hello, Naraku,” she said as she turned to face him.

“Hello to you, my pet.”

Kikyo walked up to him and put her arms around his neck. Naraku’s hands automatically went to her bottom and pulled her to himself. He bent his head down and kissed her roughly while grinding himself against her. The kiss lasted for about ten seconds before he pulled away.

“You are doing very well,” he said. “Keep it up.”

Kikyo giggled. “I will, it’s fun. I’ve always wanted to be with Inuyasha, but that bitch, Kagome, always stood in my way.”

“You can have him, so long as I get what I want.” He let his hands drop to his sides. “Now on with your act and play the pissed off, confused girlfriend.” He turned her around and slapped her on the butt to move her forward.

Kikyo walked a couple steps before looking back to find that Naraku had smoked out, leaving behind a faint scent of sulfur, undetected by any human but a demon would be able to smell it, but just faintly.

Kikyo went to the front door and opened it. “Inuyasha! Get in here, we need to talk!” When she saw Kagome glace back, she glared at her.

After Inuyasha walked in the house, Kikyo slammed the door shut behind him.

“I’m only gonna ask you one more time - what the hell is going on? I come here to spend time with you and I find your ex-girlfriend here. And to top it all off, a kid calls you ‘daddy’?” Kikyo stopped yelling and looked at Inuyasha with innocent eyes and whispered. “Please tell me it’s not true.”

Inuyasha sighed. “I can’t.”

“So, you’re telling me that you had a child with her? How do you even know she’s telling the truth?”

“Kagome wouldn’t lie about that,” Inuyasha snapped.

“How do you know for sure that he is yours? Is there proof?”

“Yes,” he growled.

“What is it?”

“Why does it matter to you?”

Kikyo paused to think for a split second. Should she continue acting pissed off? Or should she act worried about him. She choose the latter.

Stepping up to Inuyasha, she put her arms around his waist, laying her head on his chest. “I’m just worried about you…about us,” she said softly.

Inuyasha hugged her back. “Well, you don’t have to worry. Nothing is going to change between us.”

“How come you never told me?”

Inuyasha led her into the living room and sat down on the couch, pulling her down to sit next to him. “Honestly, I didn’t know until two days ago.”

“You’ve known for two days?! Were you planning on telling me?”

“I was gonna tell you. I was just so freaked out by the whole thing. Shit, it’s not everyday you find out you have a kid.”

Kikyo nodded. “I’m sorry that I got mad at you, baby, and yelled. It just freaked me out, too.” She sighed. “But we’re together now, so if you know for sure he’s yours, then I will stand by you.”

Inuyasha nodded his thanks.

Kikyo continued. “I think given time, I will get used to the idea of being a stepmother.”

Inuyasha stiffened when she said that. Stepmom to Wyatt? Kikyo? He hadn’t even thought of it. But when he did, he had a weird feeling about it.

Kikyo looked up at him when he didn’t respond. “Inuyasha?”

Inuyasha blinked and looked down at her. “Uh, yeah, sure.”

Kikyo inwardly smirked. He doesn’t seem to like that idea. This could be my way to get in between them. “Do you want to hang out all day today?” She asked. “Since you have the rest of the day off?”

Inuyasha sighed inwardly. He really wanted to spend the day with Wyatt. Damn it. Why did Kikyo have to show up? “Yeah, of course.” He stood up. “Let me change out of my uniform and we can have Etsu make us some lunch and watch some T.V.” He was already halfway up the stairs when he finished talking. He walked into his room and went straight to his window that was facing the front of the house. When he looked out he saw Kagome and Wyatt pull away with her sister.

Inuyasha growled angrily, not wanting them to leave. He hated having to stand there and watch his son and mate leave him. He stopped growling when he realized what he just thought.

“Why the hell did I think that?” He muttered to himself as he changed. “She’s not even my girlfriend anymore.”

Shaking the thoughts out of his head, Inuyasha went back downstairs.

*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~** ~*~**~*~**~*~*

Kagome turned away from the glare that Kikyo was giving her to watch her son as he picked up a frog he found near the pond.

“Look, Mommy!” he shouted, holding up the frog in his tiny hands.

Kagome smiled at him. “That’s nice sweetie.”

She leaned on her knees, smiling as her son ran around chasing the frog he just had, but she was frowning on the inside. How could Inuyasha be dating a self centered, prissy bitch like Kikyo? Never in her wildest dreams would she ever have thought that they would be together. I guess a lot more things have changed than I thought. She stopped smiling and sighed. “I should have never come back,” she thought aloud.

A few minutes later, an SUV pulled up in the driveway. Kagome walked toward it, recognizing the vehicle as Sango’s, not Rin’s. And when the window rolled down she saw that it was Sango picking her up.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” Kagome asked. “Wyatt, come on, we’re leaving.”

“Rin got caught up at the hospital and couldn’t leave, so she called and asked me if I could do it,” Sango explained.

“Oh, okay.” Kagome helped Wyatt into the vehicle, then got in herself.

They drove for a few minutes, just listening to the radio.

“So, what happened?” Sango finally asked.

Kagome sighed. “Kikyo showed up.”

Sango grimaced. “You didn’t know?”

“Uh, no. No one told me.”

“Not even Inuyasha?”

“He could have at least told me last night at dinner, but did he? No,” Kagome said, drawing out the last word.

“What happened between you two?”

“We were, obviously, both surprised to see each other. Then she started talking about how him and her are dating and have been for almost a year now. And that I have no chance of getting back together with him.”

Sango gave Kagome a questionable look at that.

Kagome shook her head. “Not that I want to. She brought that up, not me.”

Sango snorted. “Of course she would.”

“Yeah, and…” Kagome went on and told Sango what happened after that. They pulled onto their street just as Kagome finished.

Once they reached their house, they saw someone leaning against a car in front of the manor. With his back toward them, they didn’t know who it was.

Sango turned her car into the driveway, put the car in park and shut it off.

When they got out, the mystery man turned around and Kagome groaned.

Hearing her sister, Sango hit her on the arm. “Please try to be civil. If not for my sake, cause lord knows I don’t need the stress, than for your sons. He doesn’t need to see you argue with him.”

Kagome sighed. “Fine, I’ll try to be civil, but I don’t promise anything,” she whispered as Akira walked up the steps to meet them.

“Hi Dad. Is that a company car?” Sango asked.

“Hi, honey, yeah, it is,” he replied. “Shouldn’t you be in bed? What has you up and about?”

Sango answered as she unlocked the doors, “Kagome needed a ride back.”

Akira finally acknowledged that Kagome was standing there by giving her a sneer. One that Kagome has made fun of many times when she was younger.

The four of them made their way into the house.

“You do know that they have taxis here, right?”

Kagome and Wyatt followed her sister and step dad into the living room. She rolled her eyes behind her step dads back. “Yes, I know. But I didn’t call Sango, I called Rin. But she was busy, so she called Sango.”

“You still could have taken a taxi. It’s not like you can’t afford it with all that money your son of a bitch father left you.”

Kagome’s eyes narrowed at what he said. “Wyatt, go upstairs to our room.”

“Okay,” Wyatt said in his ever cheerful voice.

After he went upstairs, Kagome lost it. “I’m sorry Sango. I know I said I would try to be nice, but it’s hard to be anything even resembling nice to this piece of shit!”

Akira jumped off the couch and pointed at Kagome, looking down at her. “You have no right to speak to me that way”

“With the way you treated me, and the way you still treat me, I have every right to speak to you how I please. I am so sick of you constantly putting me down and bullying me. I never did anything to you. I just wish my dad had full custody of me when I was younger, so I would never have had to put up with your bullshit, you bastard!” She yelled.

“You ungrateful little brat. After all I did for you. I put a roof over your head, clothes on your back and food on the table. I even paid for your damn dance and singing lessons. So I deserve your respect.”

“Don’t pretend you did any that for me. You only did that because you know mom would have taken all of us to live with my dad.”

“Your dad.” Akira chuckled darkly. “It’s all his fault any of this happened. If he would have never come back, none of this would have ever happened.”

“What? Me being born and supposedly ruining your life?”

“Yeah, exactly.”

“Huh…well, I always thought that if maybe you treated my mom half as good as my dad did, she would have never cheated on you.”

Akira’s eyes widened with shock that she said that, then narrowed with anger at what she said. Then without warning he reached forward and backhanded Kagome in the face. He hit her so hard, she was knocked to the floor.

Kagome sat on the floor for a few seconds, feeling a bruise forming on her cheek. She was stunned that he actually hit her. He’s never been angry enough to hit her that hard before. She must have really pissed him off. She smiled at the thought, even though it hurt to do so.

Sango watched Kagome smile and knew that her dad had made a mistake by hitting her. She got up from her spot on the chair and walked to the doorway connecting the living room and sitting room, putting space between her and the pissed off witch.

Once Kagome stood up, she looked at Akira with hatred shining in her eyes. “You’re gonna regret that.”

Akira was suddenly knocked off his feet by Kagome, who used her telekinesis through her hand, and was thrown into the mirror above the fireplace. He landed hard, facedown. Akira could feel the broken glass cut his face and hands.

Kagome watched as her step dad stood up and lunged for her. She then levitated and kicked him right in the face as hard as she could, sending him flying backwards into the fireplace.

She went to do more damage but Sango came up next to her and took her arm. “Kagome, what the hell? Don’t you think he’s had enough?” She asked forcefully. She turned to her dad. “Are you okay, Dad?”

Kagome turned and stalked upstairs. She walked into her room, locking the door behind her, and saw Wyatt sitting on the loveseat watching TV. He looked up at her with as much concern a four year old can have written on his face.

“Are you okay, Mommy?”

Kagome’s eyes watered at her son’s simple question. “Yes, baby, I’m fine. I’m just gonna get cleaned up, then you and I will go get some lunch, alright?”

“Okay,” he said, turning back to the TV.

Kagome went into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. She stepped over to the sink and turned on the water. When she looked up, she was startled by the image in the mirror. Her face was red from anger and frustration, but her eyes were full of sadness. She stared at herself for a few seconds before turning away. She sat down on the toilet and burst into tears. She put her legs on the edge of the bathtub and put her head down on her knees, laying her hands on her head, sobbing.

How could I do that? Kagome thought. She has always wanted to do that to her step father, but she never did. She knew that she would be taking advantage of her powers, so she always held back…until now. He’s hit her before, when she was younger. So, why did it make her lose control now?

Then Kagome realized why she acted the way she did. She’s not a little girl anymore, hasn’t been for years. For the past four years, she’s been responsible for not only herself, but for a child, her child, too. When Akira hit her, she felt disrespected. No one has hit her since she became a mother and she didn’t like it at all. He needed to realize that she won’t take being treated like that ever again.

A knock on the door roused her from her thoughts.

“Mommy, I’m hungry.”

Kagome’s head shot up when she heard him. She cleared her throat before responding. “Uh, ok, give me a minute, sweetie.

Kagome got up and washed her face and brushed her hair.

Opening the door, she walked out and sat down to see what Wyatt was watching.

“Oh, my gosh,” Kagome muttered, “Sailor Moon. I used to watch this when I was little.” She looked at Wyatt. “You ready?”

“Uh huh,” he answered, turning off the TV.

Kagome and Wyatt quietly made their way downstairs. Not seeing anybody, they quickly ran into the kitchen to use the back door.

“Kagome!”

Stopping, Kagome turned and faced Rin, who was still in her work clothes. “Rin! You’re home already?” She asked, inching her way towards the door.

“Yeah. Sango called me and told me I needed to come home. Do you have an idea as to why I had to come home early?” Rin asked, crossing her arms.

Kagome sighed, letting her chin fall to her chest. “It was an accident, Rin. I didn’t mean for it to happen. I-I just snapped.”

“You snapped?”

“Yeah.”

“What happened?”

“You mean they didn’t tell you?” Kagome sneered, her head shooting up.

Rin overlooked her little sister’s attitude. “Yes, they told me. But I wanna hear it from you.”

“Akira and I got into an argument, as usual, then he hit me hard…hard enough to knock me down.”

“And that’s when you snapped?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh, Kagome.” Rin sighed deeply in frustration. “How many times have you told me how important it was for you not to use your powers on mortals? How your powers are meant to save and to protect, not for revenge?”

“I know!” Kagome shouted. “I know, okay? I just don’t know what happened.”

“Well, I do. You broke his nose and a couple of ribs! And who knows how much damage you would have done if Sango didn’t stop you,” Rin whispered fiercely. “He could press charges!”

“Oh, my god.” Kagome sank down onto one the kitchen chairs. “Is he really gonna do that?”

Rin knelt down in front of her. “I don’t know,” she said, gently. “Why don’t you go out with Wyatt and cool down, okay? You can take my car.” She got up and handed Kagome her car keys that were on the counter. “And while you’re gone, I’ll talk to my dad.” Rin paused and hugged her. “Don’t worry…everything will be fine.”

Kagome pulled back. “Thanks, Rin. And for what it’s worth, I truly am sorry.”

“It’s worth a lot.” Rin smiled at her before stepping out of the kitchen.

*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~ **~*~**~*~*

“Alexia, I…I just don’t know if I can handle being here anymore,” Kagome said to her cousin as she watched her son play on the playscape. “ I should have never come.”

“Oh, Kagome, I’m so sorry about how things are going over there. If you don’t wanna be there any longer, why don’t you come home? I’m sure Rin wouldn’t mind.”

Kagome sighed, switching her cell phone to the other hand. “That’s the one thing I would mind if I left. I can’t do that to Rin. She has never done anything to hurt me…ever. And I know that if I leave now, she’ll be devastated.”

“Well,” Alexia started, “if you’re staying, then you have to steer clear from your step dad. Just so you don’t end up losing it again.”

“You’re right. I’ll be lucky enough if he doesn’t press charges against me this time, but if it happens again…” she trailed off.

“Don’t sweat it, sweetie, you’ll be fine. But it’s real late, actually, real early, so I’m gonna go back to bed.”

“Alright, sorry about waking you up.”

“It’s fine. I’ll talk to you later. Night.”

“Yeah…night.” Kagome closed her phone and sighed. One week ago, life was great. No family problems, no ex-boyfriend problems. She should have never come back. But now that she was here, she couldn’t leave now. She had to be at Rin’s wedding. She knew how much Rin wanted her to be there. But that was only a small part of her problem with being here. The bigger problems were: one, someone had taken her son and she didn’t know who; two, now that Inuyasha knew about Wyatt, is he gonna take some kind of legal action against her? These are the two things Kagome had to worry about. Her fight with Akira and Rin’s wedding were just minor. For now, she’ll deal with the wedding. And while that was going on, she’ll try and figure out who tried to take Wyatt. She’ll deal with Inuyasha when the time comes.

*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~** ~*~**~*~*

Naraku was sitting at his desk, trying to think of a new plan to get the kid. He underestimated Kagome before, he wouldn’t do that again. But what to do about that damn mutt, Inuyasha? How did they find the boy? He had to know.

“Shina,” he called.

His secretary walked in his office, stopping just inside the door. “Yes, sir?”

Naraku leaned back in his chair. “Get me Miss Makioka on the phone.”

“Actually, she just arrived. I was on my way in when you called for me.”

“Send her in.”

“Yes, sir.”

He watched as she walked out of his office and as Kikyo walked in. “Shut the door,” he commanded.

Kikyo did as she was told. She walked up to his desk and sat in one of the leather chairs in front of it. “How’s the next plan coming along?” she asked as she crossed her legs.

Naraku grunted. “It’s not. Now that the witch and mutt are working together…it’s just gonna be that much more difficult. Any ideas?”

Kikyo smiled. “Maybe…”

*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~** ~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~*

Kagome pulled into the driveway and parked the car. Getting out, she saw that the car Akira drove wasn’t there anymore. Good. At least I won’t have to deal with him again today. But on the other hand, she’ll have the rest of her family to deal with.

“Come on, Wy,” she said, after she opened the back door to let out her son. “Let’s get this over with,” she mumbled under her breath.

They walked into the kitchen and was greeted with silence. Cautiously, they made their way into the dining room. “Where is everybody?” she wondered out loud.

“They went out,” replied an unexpected voice.

“What are you doing here?” Kagome asked Inuyasha as he stepped out of the living room.

“I wanted to apologize for today,” he said. “Hey, little man,” he said as Wyatt ran up to him.

Kagome sighed, tossing her purse onto the couch. “Go on.”

“I forgot that I had plans with Kikyo. I should have cancelled with her, but I forgot. I’m sorry.”

Kagome crossed her arms. “That’s it?”

“What do you mean, that’s it?” Inuyasha snapped.

“How about for not telling me that your dating Kikyo?”

“Why would I do that?”

“You should have told me.”

“You should have told me you were pregnant.”

Kagome was taken aback for a second before nodding. “You’re right, I’m sorry. I really didn’t expect you to tell me anything about your life, I was just surprised.”

“It’s fine. I guess you would have found out sooner or later anyway.”

“Yeah.” Kagome paused. “ Now that I know, I have one question: why Kikyo?”
Inuyasha glared. “Don’t start, Kagome.”
“Ok,” Kagome said.

“You have no right to ask me that.”“I know. I’m sorry…again.”

Inuyasha nodded grimly.

“I would like to talk to you later, when someone is taking a n-a-p.”

“Talk about what?”
“Later.”

“Alright.” Inuyasha looked down at Wyatt. “Is it okay if I stay and spend some time with him before his na-, I mean n-a-p?”

“Sure. Do you know where everybody is?”“Yeah, they went to you mom and step dads place.”

Kagome groaned.

“Something wrong?”

“No,” Kagome said quickly. “Any idea when they’ll be back?”

“They didn’t say.”

“Oh, okay.” Kagome glanced at the clock. “He has about an hour before he goes down so…”

Inuyasha nodded. “Okay…” He crouched down to look at Wyatt. “What do you wanna do before I leave?”

Wyatt thought for a second before answering. “I wanna watch ‘Toy Story‘.”

“Sounds good.”

“Let’s go upstairs and watch it,” Kagome said.

“Why, Mommy?”

“Just in case you fall asleep,” she said as she took his hand and led him upstairs with Inuyasha following them.

“I’m not gonna fall asleep, Mommy. I’m not tired,” Wyatt said with a small yawn.

“Okay…” Kagome said as Inuyasha smiled.

Once in their room, Kagome positioned the TV so they could watch it from the bed. She put in the movie and sat down on the couch with a folder.

“Aren’t you gonna watch the movie with us?” Inuyasha asked.

“No,” Kagome replied. “I’ve got a script I gotta read through.”

“What for?”

“Shhh.”

They both looked at Wyatt, then back to each other. Both of them suppressing their laughter.

While the boys watched the movie, Kagome tried to read, but she kept thinking about what she was gonna ask Inuyasha to do. She was afraid he would say no, because it was reckless and dangerous, but she had to figure out who tried taking her baby.