InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Made 4 U ❯ Kagome's Reason to Stay ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Made 4 U
Chapter 5: Kagome's Reason to Stay

After saying goodbye to Inuyasha, Kagome made her way to the house. Souta had interrupted her moment with Inuyasha to tell her something.

"Kagome, grandpa wants to talk to you"

"Coming Souta"

Kagome went into the house to find her grandfather. /Wonder what grandpa has to say that's so important/

"Ah Kagome, there you are. Come here"

Kagome sat in front of her grandfather facing him. Judging from the look on his face, it seems that what he has to say is important.

"Kagome I know that during your travels in the feudal era you have come across many challenges but there is something that needs to be taken care of here"

"What is it grandpa?"

"Kagome, I won't be here forever and-"

"Oh my gosh! Grandpa, you're dying! This can't be happen-"

"No Kagome! What I'm trying to say is that when I pass away, no one is going to take over the shrine. I know you are young and your mother might disapprove but I think you need to find a suitor, a husband, somebody-"

"I get it grandpa, you want me to get married. But I... I don't want to"

"I understand but Kagome, you finding a husband is vital to the shrine"

"But grandpa! I'm only 18! I can't get married!"

"You are old enough Kagome. You need to think about this because one day when you have children, your children will take over the shrine and so will your grandchildren"

Just as Kagome was going to say something. Her mother stepped in.

"I agree with your grandfather Kagome. I think that you should start thinking about your love life and the shrine. Besides, don't you have experience from the feudal era about being a priestess?"

Kagome began thinking /My love life! Huh! My love life is ruined! How can I have a love life when I'm travelling between eras! Not to mention that the love of my life is in love with someone else.../

"Mom, grandpa I... I don't know I..."

"You don't have to answer us now Kagome. Come tell us when you're ready"

"Okay, I will"

Kagome got up and left the room. When went up to her room, gather some clothes and took a bath.

Kagome studied her surroundings. She stared at the wall and started thinking about what her mother and grandfather has put upon her shoulders. /Argh! How'd I get myself into this mess? I think I need to go out for a walk/

Kagome got out of the tub, dried herself off and got dressed.

"Mom I'm going out for a walk! I'll be back soon"

"Okay honey, and watch out for any cute boys! If you find one that's nice bring him home!"

Kagome just sweatdropped and made her way out the door.

It was a warm afternoon and the wind made it all the better. The sun was on the base of the sky and was ready to set. She walked through the park and admired the beauty of her time. Still, the feudal era was much better. /The feudal era, beautiful skies, the smell of fresh air, the scenery, her friends, Inuyasha.../

That name. /Inuyasha... I love you so much/

Kagome could feel her eyes watering. /Why does he have to do this to me? Why do I love him so much when he's in love with someone else! Why? /

Kagome found a bench a sat down. She studied her surroundings, which she was doing a lot of lately and found a couple sitting two benches away from her.

The girl was resting her head on the boy's shoulder. His arms where around her and they looked content, like they've found their place.

Kagome looked around the park and found that everybody seemed happy... everyone but her.

She started walking again. She was heading for the swings in the playground thinking that hopefully that nobody was there. She was right. She really felt that she needed some time to think.

She thought a lot about what has been happening in her life so far. After everything that had happened, it all led her to this. Her, feeling alone and heartbroken. She knew that she needed to mend her wounded heart and to move on but...

Everytime she would think about piecing her heart together, everytime she would think about moving on, her heart and her mind would confuse her.

Her mind is telling her that she's doing the right thing. Forget about him, forget about Inuyasha and move on. But her heart... she'd always follow her heart no matter what but what her heart is telling her is what lead her to this pain in the first place.

Her heart is telling her not to let go. Telling her that he's the one, the one she was meant to love. Everytime she sees him, her heartaches for him longs for him but... how can that happen when his heart longs for someone else? How can she show her love for him if his head over heels for someone else?

"Oh Inuyasha, I love you so much..."

But maybe this is what she needs to mend her heart. A distraction. Maybe if she focus more on the shrine's future. Now if only she could find a cute boy...

~ Feudal Japan, At the Well ~

Inuyasha sat by the well wait for Kagome to return. It's been about three hours and she still didn't come through the well. Inuyasha began to worry.

"What's taking her so long? I hope she's alright" /What am I saying! She's probably doing this on purpose! I'll show her/

And just like that, Inuyasha jumped into the well and ready to drag her back.

"I wonder if this has to do with what her grandfather had to tell her or why she was so bummed out earlier. Like I said Kagome, whatever it is, I'm here for you whatever is hurting you, I'll make it go away" /I love you Kagome/