InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Making Things Right ❯ Decisions ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
(** ) a dream/vision
(~~) a note/letter
(*****) a scene/time change

This chapter is a lime chapter...clean version on fanfiction.net
________________________________________________________ _____________


Kagome was strangely quiet when InuYasha picked her up. He wondered what to make of it. She didn’t seem to be distressed, just overly pensive.

“Something wrong?” he asked.

The sound of InuYasha’s voice snapped her out of her thoughts. “Wrong? No,” she replied. “I was just thinking.”

“About what?”

He couldn’t help but notice the blush that spread across Kagome’s face. “Nothing,” she stammered.

He wondered what she could have been thinking that embarrassed her like that. As cute as she was when she was embarrassed he decided not to press her about it, yet. They drove the rest of the way home in silence.

She continued to act strangely most of the night, and he often detected the faint and all together too enticing scent of her arousal. Now he had to know what she was thinking about. Once they were alone, he decided to ask her, but she beat him to it.

“Do you think I’m attractive?” she asked.

InuYasha looked at her in mild disbelief. “I think you’re beautiful.”

“And do you want to be with me?” she asked.

“Of course I do,” he told her. “Where is this coming from?”

“It’s just... Oh, never mind,” she said turning away from him.

He grabbed her and pushed her on to her back. “Oh, hell no,” he said. “You aren’t getting off that easy. What is it?”

She reached up and rubbed his ear. “Kiss me goodnight,” she said softly.

He gladly complied. He was surprised to find that when he tried to pull back, she gripped him more tightly to her. Then he understood what she wanted. She wanted him. He was powerless to deny her even though he was sure that he was going to regret it later.

InuYasha’s hand settled just under Kagome’s breast. She whined softly and he took his cues from her. He moved his hand up and gently squeezed and she moaned loudly and it pressed him onward.


Kagome couldn’t quell the heat that was burning with in her. She needed his assurance that he thought she was desirable and he was giving it to her. It spurned something inside her that she had never felt before.

With gentle hands and wet lips, he explored her body. She stiffened slightly as he slid one hand along the inside of her thigh.

He raised his eyes to meet hers. “Do you want me to stop?”

She could only shake her head in response.

As soon as he touched the place where the fire culminated within her, she felt and involuntary shudder course through her. Her body screamed for release. She pressed herself harder against his hand; her breath coming in short pants. At last, the release she longed for came, and she cried out.


InuYasha reached up and cupped her face in his hand. He kissed her softly and moved to lie on his back and pulled her head onto his chest.

He fought back the urge to groan. He wouldn’t ask her to return the favor.

Sliding his hand into his boxers and rubbed himself softly, he tried to ease the ache, careful not to make known to her what he was doing
.

Soon, however, he couldn’t help it and his movements became more obvious. The smell of the pleasure he had given her permeated the air and filled his mind with visions of her.


At first, Kagome wondered what he was doing, but not for long. Realizing that she had left him in what was probably an unpleasant situation, she slid a hand across his chest and kissed him softly where her head rested.


Kagome’s movement snapped InuYasha back to reality and he stopped his hand. Shit, baka, you forget she was here?

“Kagome?” he started.

She ignored him, and instead, leaned up so that she could press his lips to his. “InuYasha, can I... can I touch you?” she asked in a whisper.

Yes, Kami yes, please. He took her hand and moved it to the area that so desperately craved her attentions. Kagome’s hesitance only made him want her more, but he forced himself to lay still. Soon he felt her close her hand around him and he was unable to keep himself from groaning loudly.

“Is this all right?” she asked.

“Harder,” he managed to say.

She complied and her grip tightened; it was almost more than he could take.

It had been a long time since someone had touched him like this. He knew it wouldn’t be long before he was finished.


Soon, Kagome felt the muscle in InuYasha’s leg twitch involuntarily, and right after, a warm liquid coursed over her hand. He grabbed her wrist, stilling her movements, and exhaled loudly. He pulled her to his lips and kissed her.

*****

InuYasha woke in the morning happier than he could ever remember being. It wasn’t so much the night’s activities, though they were part of the reason, but more what it had meant. He was now one step closer to having Kagome as his mate.

He watched her sleep for a few minutes, and at last, he got up and headed out to the kitchen. Shippou, as usual, was already gone.

InuYasha didn’t like to make it known, but he wasn’t actually a bad cook. He decided to make breakfast for Kagome and himself. She didn’t have to work that day and he had something special planned. After last night, he had stayed up for a while thinking and had decided that he
wanted to share something with her. He was sure she would like it.

*****

Kagome was surprised to wake to the smell of food. She was even more surprised to find that it was InuYasha cooking it, though she wasn’t sure who else she thought it could have been.

He turned at her approach and smiled. Dishing out the food he had prepared, he set it before her at the table.

Kagome started to eat. “This is really good,” she commented. “You should cook more often.”

“Why cook, when you can do it, or better yet, I can have ramen?” InuYasha replied.

Kagome rolled her eyes.

“You didn’t have any plans today did you?”

“No, why?” she asked.

“I have a surprise for you,” he told her.

Kagome wondered what it could be.

When she went to dress, he told her to wear something comfortable. He himself had on jeans and a red T-shirt. She took her cue from him and found a pair of jeans and green tank top.

He was waiting for her by the door. They got in his car and left.

Kagome noticed before too long that they were heading out of the city.

“Where are we going?” she asked at last, her curiosity getting the best of her.

He just shrugged.

Oh well, I guess I’ll see soon enough.

*****

The trip took just under an hour.

InuYasha pulled the car into a parking lot at the entrance to an area with hiking trails and campsites, and took Kagome’s hand once they were outside the vehicle.

She had to admit that she enjoyed walking with him under the trees. It felt like they belonged there, together. “This is nice,” she said, not sure if this was all he had planned.

Once they were a good distance away from the car, he pulled her off the trail and into the woods.

“Do you trust me?” he asked.

“Yes,” she replied, unsure where this was going.

“I want to show you something, so get on,” he told her. He bent down and waited for her to climb on his back.

She just looked at him. “InuYasha, I–”

“Please?”

She did as he asked.

“Hold on.”

She tightened her grip, and with that he started to run.

Kagome was amazed by how fast they were going. Then, without warning, he jumped into the air. She couldn’t hold back the small scream that escaped her, but it was followed by a laugh.

It was amazing.

She had always wondered what it would be like to fly and she supposed this was about as close as she would ever get. She felt so comfortable; like she had done this with him a hundred times. As soon as she thought that, everything around her changed.

**

She was still on InuYasha’s back and he was running, but he was now wearing the red clothing she had seen him in twice before in her dreams. There was a sword at his hip bumping against her leg.

She looked to the right, only to see Miroku and Sango, along with a much younger Shippou, riding what looked like a giant cat with fire at its feet and two tails.

“Do you sense it yet, wench?” came InuYasha’s voice.

“Yes,” she replied. “It’s there.” She found herself pointing straight ahead.

One hand free, she started to slip
.

**
“Hold on,” said InuYasha, snapping her out of her vision, or whatever it was.

Kagome felt his hands tighten around her legs. She noticed he was slowing down, and finally, InuYasha came to a stop. He set her on the ground and turned to face her, looking at her expectantly.

Kagome pushed the unexpected vision out of her mind for a moment, and smiled. “That was amazing!”

“I knew you’d like it,” he replied, looking quite pleased with himself. “I come out here when I need to get away from the city. I wanted to share it with you.”

Kagome saw the slight blush that crept into his cheeks.

“Thank you,” she said, wrapping her arms around his waist. She felt his arms circle around her, as well. “I had another one of those visions.”

He pushed her back a little without letting her go. “What was it?”

“You were carrying me the same as you were just now, only you were wearing some sort of red kariginu and hakama and you had a sword. Miroku and Sango were riding on a giant cat and we were searching for something,” she told him. “You called me a wench.”

InuYasha pulled her back to him. “At least it wasn’t something bad this time,” he said.

He found it curious that he had referred to her as a wench in her dream or vision, especially since he had unintentionally called her that on one of their dates. He didn’t want to let it bother him. They were obviously meant to be together.

“Are you ready to go back?”

“Let’s stay a little longer,” she replied.

He put a hand to her chin and lifted her head.

She smiled softly at him.

InuYasha captured her lips in his own and kissed her. She parted her lips wanting him to deepen the kiss and he gladly complied with her unspoken request.

For the longest time they allowed themselves to indulge in their desire to remain exactly as they were. When they stopped InuYasha was surprised to find how long they had actually been like that, together outside of time.

“We should get back,” he told her.

She nodded and returned to her place on his back.

*****

They got back into the city and picked up Shippou so that they could all go out to dinner.

InuYasha noticed that Kagome had been quiet since they had left the woods. He didn’t want to press her about it.

*****

Most of dinner was spent listening to Shippou talk about school. Kagome really tried to pay attention to the conversation, but she was too busy thinking about how drastically her life was changing and what it could mean.

Knowing that InuYasha wanted to be with her brought a smile to her face, but was she really ready for the kind of commitment he wanted from her. She didn’t question her own desire to be with him. It just seemed to be so fast. How could all these feelings she had for him be developing so quickly, and how exactly did she feel?


InuYasha looked at Kagome and noticed that she wasn’t really paying attention. She seemed to be distressed about something, so he reached over and took her hand squeezing it gently with his own.


When Kagome felt his hand in hers, it snapped her out of her own thoughts.

He looked at her.

She could tell he was trying to see if she was all right. She returned the gentle squeeze and focused her attention back on them and the meal.

*****

When Kagome got ready for bed, her thoughts returned to those she had at dinner. She couldn’t understand why it was so hard for her to figure things out. She felt comfortable enough with him to sleep in his bed, after all.

She felt InuYasha lay down beside her and drape his arm across her stomach. He nuzzled her neck softly and kissed her.

“Goodnight,” he said.

“Goodnight,” she replied.

She forced herself to think about her own feelings. What does InuYasha make me feel? Deciding to make a list in her mind, she made of things she associated with him. Safe... protected... wanted... desired... happy... connected... loved-

Loved? Do I really feel like he loves me? Yes, I suppose I do. I guess the real question is, do I love him.
Kagome thought about it a long time. In her dreams, she knew that she loved him in a way that she never knew love could be.

She sighed.

“Why aren’t you asleep?” InuYasha asked softly, his voice clearly showing he had been sleeping. “Is something wrong?”

“I’m sorry I woke you,” she replied. “I was just thinking.”

“Is it something I can help you with?” he asked.

She smiled. “No I’m fine, really,” she told him.

He buried his face deeper against her shoulder and she could tell he was going back to sleep.

Just admit it you do. You know you do.

How can I, it hasn’t been long enough?
she argued with herself.

Damn it, Kagome, stop being so rational all the time. Since when has love been rational? You can accept demons, sleep in the same bed as one, but you can’t accept that you love InuYasha when every part of you except your head is all but screaming it.

She shook her head. It isn’t good to argue with yourself. But, what will Mama say - and everyone else?

Kagome decided to put her thoughts aside, needing to get some sleep. She had to work in the morning.

*****

The next morning, Kagome woke up alone.

She got dressed and went into the living room to find InuYasha on the couch eating ramen. She shook her head, not knowing why she had been surprised, and he looked at her.

“Are you sure you should go to work today?” he asked. “You look tired.”

As if on cue, she yawned. “I am tired, but I’ll be fine.”

*****

After breakfast, they got in his car and he took her to work. She started to get out and he grabbed her hand.

He had a bad feeling.

“Do you want me to walk you?” he asked.

“No, I’m fine,” she replied.

He held out her phone. “Don’t forget this,” he said. “Remember, press and hold one and it will call me.”

She took it, putting it in her pocket and nodded.

“Be careful.”

Why is he so worried? “I will,” she told him. “I’ll see you this afternoon.”


He watched her walk away.

InuYasha could tell that his paranoia was getting to her, but he had let her go, despite the fact that everything in him was telling him to make her stay with him - where she would be safe.

When he couldn’t see her anymore, he left.


Kagome was walking to the daycare when she ran into Eri. She hadn’t seen the girl for a while since they were now taking different specialized classes for their degrees. They talked for a few minutes and Kagome gave Eri her new number so they could talk more when she wasn’t going to be late for work.

The further she got away from Eri, the more Kagome felt like someone was following her. She pulled out her phone to call InuYasha, hoping the sound of his voice would drive away the unreasonable fear that she was experiencing. She dialed and waited.


InuYasha looked at the ringing phone on his console, and pressed the speaker phone button.

“Hello,” he said.


Just as she heard InuYasha, she felt the presence of a youki that she recognized and feared. “Inu-” she started.

A clawed hand on her throat cut her off. She struggled not to drop the phone as she was pulled back into a narrow walkway between buildings.


“Hello?” InuYasha said again. He knew he had heard Kagome’s voice, and he waited - until he heard a muffled cry.

InuYasha didn’t hesitate.

Spinning his car around in the middle of the street, the hanyou headed back to the university. He ignored the squealing tires behind him, and when the sirens joined, he ignored those too.


Kouga didn’t need to cover her mouth because it was all she could do to breathe, as his hand put pressure against her windpipe. He knocked the phone out of her hand.

“Your dog won’t be able to save you this time,” he said.

She felt the grip on her throat loosen enough for her to speak. “Kouga, why are you doing this?” she asked. “Let me go.”

“You’re my woman, Kagome,” he said. “You belong to me. We’ll just see if that half-breed wants you once I’m through with you.”

Kouga’s free hand grabbed her arm tightly and she whimpered as his claws pierced her skin. He pressed his mouth over hers and kissed her. The hand on her arm made its way under her shirt and he roughly grabbed her breast.


InuYasha was having a hard time staying in control.

He pulled his car into the parking lot and jumped out, leaving it running.


Kagome tried to bite Kouga and he tightened his grip on her throat, clouding her vision. It was hard for her to breathe. She could feel his other hand tugging at the button on the front of her pants, growling as he worked.

It finally came free.


InuYasha had her scent in no time, and raced in her direction, seeing red for an instant as he watched Kouga tugged at her pants. He threw himself at the wolf demon, snarling and clawing at him.


Kagome had been on the verge of losing consciousness. She had fought hard knowing what Kouga would do if she stopped resisting. The sudden a flash of silver crossed her vision, and air rushed back into her lungs.

She leaned against the wall, gasping, and looked beside her.

InuYasha was on top of Kouga.

The hanyou turned his head toward her. “Run!” he yelled. “I’ll take care of him.”

She just stood there.

He growled at her. “Go!”

She turned and started away, but she didn’t want to leave him.

While his attention was on Kagome, Kouga saw his opening and slashed at InuYasha’s ribs. He cried out in pain and frustration, and then Kouga threw him into the wall.

Kagome turned at InuYasha’s cry, only to see Kouga headed for her.

Faster than she thought possible, InuYasha was standing in front of her, knees slightly bent, hands out at his sides. He was growling low in his throat, and had it not been coming from him, the sound would have frightened her.

Then she noticed that they weren’t alone.

“Nobody move!” a man yelled.

Kagome’s eyes opened wide.

There were no less than ten police officers - all with guns drawn - standing a short distance away. All the weapons were aimed at InuYasha and Kouga.

She was horrified.

What if they went after each other? What if someone got overly excited and shot InuYasha?

The police didn’t seem to think she was a threat, so she ran to InuYasha and put her arms around him.

He hugged her to him, letting the anger at Kouga fade, so he wouldn’t do anything stupid.

“Let the girl go,” an officer called.

InuYasha took her shoulders and looked at her. “I’ll be all right,” he said.

She looked at him and started to protest.

“Go on.”

Kagome walked over to the officers who were motioning for her to come to them. The police yelled instructions at both Kouga and InuYasha, who complied, and were cuffed and then taken to separate cars.

Kagome was led to an ambulance that had just arrived, but she refused to let the paramedics touch her.


InuYasha sat in the back of a police car and waited. He had no doubt that a special detective was being called in.

Soon, the door beside him opened and a neko youkai was standing before him.

“I am Special Inspector Ito,” he said. “What is your name?”

“Tashio InuYasha,” he said.


The Inspector did a double take.

What was the brother to the Lord of the Western Lands doing in a fight with the leader of the wolf demon tribe, and in public at that? He would have questioned his identity if the resemblance wasn’t so obvious.

“What happened?” Ito asked.

“That bastard wolf went after my mate,” he growled.

The inspector looked at him skeptically. “I may not have your nose, but you don’t smell mated to me, and there has been no announcement in youkai circles attesting to that fact.”

“What do I care about youkai circles?” InuYasha growled. “She’s marked as mine and that bastard went after her.”

If that was truly the case, then it changed everything. His right to defend her could not be questioned.

“I’ll have to talk to the girl and confirm your story,” Inspector Ito told him.

“Fine, but don’t scare her,” InuYasha said. “She can see what you are.”

Inspector Ito made his way toward the ambulance.

He didn’t have to get closer than 15 feet to know that this girl belonged to an Inu hanyou. He was surprised that the girl couldn’t smell it, even as a human.

Leave it to an Inu to be possessive, Inspector Ito mused.


Kagome stiffened at the approach of the neko youkai. He didn’t feel threatening, but Kouga hadn’t at first, either.

He stopped a few feet away. “I am Inspector Ito. I need you to tell me exactly what happened today.”

Kagome relaxed. He was a police officer. Now was her chance to help InuYasha.

She told the Inspector everything about how Kouga had been coming after her, how she had called InuYasha, and what Kouga had been trying to do when InuYasha showed up to save her
.

“I see,” he said. “I have one last thing I must ask so that I can document it for my report. Did you willingly consent to be marked by either Mr. Taisho, or Mr. Ookami at any time?”

She nodded. “Only InuYasha.”

“Very well,” he told her. “Thank you.”

“Wait,” Kagome called after the retreating Neko. “What about InuYasha?”

“Don’t worry,” he said. He pulled out his phone and began making the necessary calls.


By the time the inspector reached the car holding InuYasha, it was all taken care of. Ito opened the door and let him out.

“You’re free to go. You will have to come to the station at some point, but since no one was injured and you didn’t even cause any traffic accidents, you have not broken any youkai laws. In light of the situation, your traffic violations will be excused.”

“And the wolf?” InuYasha asked.

“You know the law,” the inspector said. “He won’t be coming near you or your mate again, but his fate has yet to be decided. I suggest you go to your mate. She won’t let the paramedics treat her.”

InuYasha nodded and set off to find Kagome.


Kagome looked up when she felt the comforting youki of InuYasha coming. She jumped up and ran to him, wrapping her arms around him, and he groaned.

Leaping back, she saw the blood on his shirt.

“You’re hurt,” she said.

“It’s nothing; just some scratches,” he told her. “Did he hurt you?”

“I’ll be fine,” she said, burying her face in his chest. “I was worried about you.”

“Let’s get out of here,” he said.

She nodded and he took her hand, leading her to his car.

Neither said anything on the ride home.

*****

He led her straight to his room and set her on the bed. Taking off his bloody shirt, he went to the bathroom to wash off the blood.

Kagome heard the water running in the bathroom.

InuYasha came out, and she was surprise to see that the only trace of injury on him was four light claw marks that were no longer bleeding.

He put on a clean shirt.

“Go take a bath,” he said. “You‘ll feel better.”

She nodded, and he went into the living room and picked up the phone.


“Hello,” a woman’s voice said.

“Hello, Ms. Higurashi,” he replied.

“Yes, who is this?”

“It’s InuYasha,” he told her. “I think you should come over to my place. Kagome is pretty upset, and I think she’d like it if you were here.”

“What happened?” Asami asked.

“Kouga attacked her. She’s not hurt, just upset,” he replied.

“I’ll come right over,” she told him. “How do I get there?”

InuYasha gave her directions and hung up the phone. He waited on the couch for Kagome’s mother to arrive.

When Mrs. Higurashi knocked on the front door, he let her in and showed her to his room.


Kagome got out of the bath when the water started to cool. She looked at her arm in the mirror. It wasn’t as bad as last time. She took InuYasha’s robe and put it on. She was sure he wouldn’t care. She stepped out and was surprised to see her mother sitting on the bed waiting. She fell into her arms and cried.

Asami did what she could to sooth her daughter. When Kagome stopped crying, she let her pull away.

“So, when were you going to tell me you were living here?” her mother asked.

Kagome’s cheeks turned red. “Mama, I... I mean... It’s not like that,” she stammered.

“Relax,” Asami said gently. “I’m not upset. A certain young man told me all about what happened. I’m glad that InuYasha has been taking care of you. I just wish you would have told me these things.”

“I’m sorry,” Kagome said. “I didn’t want to worry you.”

“I understand. Why don’t you tell me now?” her mother asked.

Kagome told her mother about Kouga, and what happened earlier that day. She was relieved not to be hiding things from her mother anymore. She also told her about her dreams and about how InuYasha had taken care of her then, too.

“Kagome, it is your life, but I would like to share something with you that might help you understand things more clearly.”

“Please, Mama,” she said, “I could use some advice.”

“I’m not sure you understand exactly how much InuYasha must care about you,” Asami started. “
Perhaps you have wondered why I was so accepting of you dating a half-demon, besides the prospect of fuzzy-eared grandchildren?”

Kagome blushed but nodded.

“Before I met your father, I was approached by a demon who wanted to get to know me better. He had told me that he was interested in courting me. Naturally, I was shocked, but I did go out with him on a couple of occasions.

“Before we both decided that it wasn’t right, I had a chance to learn a little of demon customs. I know that you agreed to let InuYasha mark you sometime ago, but that you have not consented to be his mate.”

“Mama,” Kagome groaned, blushing again.

Asami ignored her daughter. “For him to have you so near all the time and to have his mark on you, and still not pressure you, is remarkable. He must have enormous control and love you very much. Kagome how do you feel about him?”

“I’m not sure, I guess,” she said.

“Kagome, do you love him?” Asami asked.

“I think I do. It just seems to be too soon to feel this way… to care so much,” Kagome replied.

“Kagome, do you know how many times I went out with your father before I realized that I wanted only him?” she asked.

Kagome shook her head.

“Three dates.”

“Three dates?” Kagome asked in shock.

Asami nodded. “Kagome, love doesn’t go by a timetable. It happens when it happens, and you have to be willing to accept it when it does. Not everyone gets the chance to be with someone that they truly love and that the other loves him or her in return. Don’t let you head keep you from realizing what is in your heart.”

Kagome didn’t know what to make of her mother’s advice. Is she telling me to mate with InuYasha? This is too weird.

As true as that may be, you know she’s right. You’ve been too worried about what everyone else will think, when the only thing that really matters is how you feel.

“Thank you, Mama. I feel much better now,” she said

Asami hugged her daughter. “That’s what mothers are for,” she replied. “Why don’t I go make some oden?”

“Oden?” Kagome asked, perking up at the mention of her favorite food.


Asami went out into the living room and found InuYasha in the kitchen. Going over to him, she hugged him. “Thank you for protecting her,” she said.

He just nodded.

“I am going to make something for you both to eat, and then I’ll go pick up Shippou for you, so you and Kagome can spend sometime alone.”


Kagome came out of the bedroom still in InuYasha’s robe, but her hair was dry. She smiled as her mother set a bowl of oden in front of her. “Thank you,” she said.

“You’re welcome, dear,” Asami replied. “I am going to leave now.”

She turned to InuYasha as she headed out the door. “Just call me sometime Sunday about picking up Shippou.”

She winked at her daughter, and Kagome blushed furiously.

*****

When they finished eating, Kagome started clearing the table.

“Leave it,” InuYasha said. “You should rest.”

He was surprised when she didn’t argue.

She turned to him, but didn’t raise her eyes to meet his. “Would you come lay with me?” she asked softly.

Instead of answering, he put his arm around her and led her to the bedroom.