InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Making Things Right ❯ Finally Mine ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
(**) a dream/vision
(~~) a note/letter
(*****) a scene/time change

This is a lemon chapter... The clean version on fanfiction.net
________________________________________________________ _____________


InuYasha took off his shirt and was surprised to turn and find her standing right in front of him. “Kagome?”

“I talked to Mama and she made me realize some things.” Kagome started gathering her courage. “For a long time now
, I’ve been too worried about what other people think, and because of it, denying what is in my heart.”

He was staring intently into her eyes, and the caring look he was giving her calmed her fears.

She untied the belt of her robe and it fell open. “I want to be with you.” She shrugged off the robe, trying not to be embarrassed. Kagome was sure her entire body was covered in a blush, but she forced herself not to look away.

InuYasha swallowed hard, as his eyes left hers. What was she doing?

Could she really mean it? Is she agreeing to be mine forever?


Kagome’s discomfort grew when he didn’t say anything. Maybe she had made a terrible mistake.

She moved her arms to cover herself, but a pair of clawed hands on her wrists stopped her. He pulled her against his chest and kissed her, and she relaxed against him.

He pulled away and looked into her eyes. “You really mean it?” he asked. “You know this is forever?”

She nodded.

InuYasha picked her up and carried her over to the bed, standing over her only long enough to finish removing his clothes. He leaned over her and kissed her.

He pressed his lips to her ear. “Kami, you’re beautiful,” he said softly.

His warm breath scent a chill down her spine.

A small moan escaped her.

InuYasha growled softly at her response. He took his time kissing her, exploring her body with his lips and hands.

It was wonderful torture. Kagome was content to let him do with her what he would. Every touch, every flick of his tongue, or soft scrape of his fangs across her skin, sent waves of pleasure through her, but he avoided touching her in the one spot her body craved.


InuYasha had been waiting so long to find her, and then to be with her. He wasn’t about to rush this. It took all his control to shower her body with the love and affection that she deserved. Her soft sounds of pleasure excited him to no end.

“Please,” she whispered.

He moved his lips to hers and kissed her. “Soon, my koibito,” he replied. “Let me love you.”

He trailed kisses down her body She didn’t resist as he gently spread her legs with his hands.


Kagome cried out when she felt his rough tongue against the place where the heat within her culminated, his hands firmly holding her hips to the bed. Over and over, his tongue teased her bringing her closer to her release and she cried out his name.

InuYasha delved his tongue inside her one last time to taste her completely. He crawled up to her face and nipped her neck.

“You taste better than I imagined,” he growled and then kissed her deeply.

“Please,” she moaned again as he began caressing her breast. “Make me yours.”


Her plea was too much to ignore.

He was shocked to feel his youki surge to the surface, and he could do nothing to prevent it. “Mine,” came a low, visceral growl.


Kagome’s eyes snapped open locking onto his. Instead of finding herself looking into the amber orbs she was accustomed to, his eyes were red, and he had a purple slash across each cheek. She felt him pressing against her opening. “InuYasha?” she asked softly.


In his mind, it registered that she was afraid, that she didn’t understand. He leaned down and nuzzled her neck. His mate should not be afraid of him.


For some reason, Kagome knew that the gesture was meant to reassure her to relax her. He looked different, but it was still InuYasha. She let her fear slip away as he began to enter her. He was growling softly, and just as it had after her nightmares, it soothed her.

When he met the point of resistance, he pressed his fangs to her neck and sank them in before completely joining with her.

She moaned loudly; any pain she might have felt was masked by the pleasure that washed over her when he bit down.


InuYasha used a claw to draw his own blood and let a few drops fall on her shoulder, between the marks left from his fangs. He lightly made his crest with his blood, barely piercing her skin. When it was done, he bit down on his own lip and pressed his lips to hers.


Kagome was surprised to taste blood in her mouth. She felt his youki urging her to accept it, so she did.

He pulled back.

Kagome couldn’t suppress the urge that came over her to lean up and lick the blood off his chin.

He growled.

She recognized it as a sound of approval.

He began to move within her, his touch rougher than before, more wild. She reached out to him with her own aura hoping to soothe him, to calm the demon within.


InuYasha felt his demon blood receding and was a little surprised to find that he had already claimed her. He knew he must have transformed.

“Kagome?” he said softly.


Kagome looked into his eyes, relieved to see them once again amber and gold. She put a hand to his cheek. “You’re back, I see,” she said softly.

“I didn’t hurt you?” he asked. She shook her head, and he smiled.


He was glad his demon blood had accepted her. I guess my demon side didn’t want to give me the chance to mess this up.

He nuzzled her neck and gently licked his mark, and she shuddered beneath him. “I love you koibito,” he whispered.

“I love you, too,” she replied.

InuYahsa once again started to move within her. He pressed his lips to her ear. “Please touch me.”


Kagome hadn’t noticed before, but her hands were gripping the sheets tightly at her sides. She responded to his request by wrapping her arms around him, earning another approving growl.

As he made love to her, she felt a shift in her aura as well as his own. No longer where they two separate beings, but one, tightly wrapped together.

Neither noticed as the room fell dark, but they wouldn’t have cared if they had. Kagome lost track of the number of times he had brought her over the edge and left her body quaking. She found herself wanting to stay with him like this forever.


InuYasha was amazed how perfectly they seemed to fit together, like they were made only for each other. He couldn’t imagine how he had lived before her now that she was really his. She was what he had been searching for all his life. It was almost too much to take in. He was afraid it wasn’t real.

*****

It was well into the night when he finished and moved to lay beside her.

InuYasha pulled her to him and kissed her forehead. He soon felt a dampness on his chest and looked at her.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, praying that she wouldn’t say that she was sorry about what happened and that she thought it was a mistake.

“Nothing,” she replied. “I just never expected to feel so complete. I was thinking back to how I was before and wondering how I managed to live with part of myself missing. You probably think I’m crazy.”

He shook his head. “I don’t think you’re crazy, because that’s exactly how I feel.”

Kagome smiled at him. “So, are you going to live up to your reputation?”

“What do you mean?” he replied.

“I seemed to have heard something about Inu youkai having great- what was it they said... stamina, I believe,” she teased.

InuYasha looked at her, a shocked expression on his face.

“What? Not up to it?”

He growled, and showed her that he was, in fact, more than up to it.

*****

Kagome woke up and looked at the clock. It was only ten. They hadn’t actually gotten to sleep until after four.

She cursed herself for not being able to sleep longer, but her body was so used to getting up about this time. She looked at InuYasha who was already awake beside her.

He leaned over and kissed her. “Tired?” he teased.

Kagome made a sound suspiciously like a growl and got out of bed, heading for the bathroom. The slight soreness she felt made her consider the fact that maybe it hadn’t been the greatest idea to tease him, but then she remembered how she felt during the retribution, and decided that it had been a good idea after all.

A smile played on her lips.


InuYasha heard the shower come on. He decided that now would be a good time for him to get in a shower as well.


At first, Kagome was surprised when the shower door opened. She jumped and covered herself.

InuYasha laughed. “Believe me, you don’t have anything I haven’t seen.”

She scowled at him. “You didn’t have to scare me like that.”

He stepped in the shower, wrapped his arms around her, and kissed her neck. “Forgive me?” he asked. She didn’t try to get away, so he took that as a yes.

As fun as it could have been to have a repeat of the previous night, he restrained himself. He did actually want to get some things done today - outside of the bedroom.

*****

Kagome left the shower first and was getting dressed when she heard InuYasha yelling.

“What the hell?” he cried.

“What is it?” she asked returning to the bathroom.

“What do you mean?” he asked. “Look at my face. You don’t notice anything different?”

“Oh you mean those stripes,” she said. “I though it might have had something to do with youkai mating. I didn’t know I was supposed to tell you. Besides, I kind of like them. Are they not supposed to be there?”

“Kagome, only full youkai have markings like these. In fact, these are exactly like my father’s,” he told her, and then growled. “I’ll have to go see Sesshomaru.”

They got dressed.

*****

InuYasha led her out the front door, which surprised Kagome.

They walked down a long path and came out in a driveway in front of a huge mansion.

“Where are we?” she asked.

“My brother’s house,” he said. “I live in the guest house. It’s mine, even though it’s on his property.”

He knocked on the front door, and as usual, Kagura answered.

She didn’t take much of a look at him, which wasn’t surprising, since she never did. “Can’t you beg for scraps at the back door, mutt?” she asked coldly.

Kagome felt her anger rising in a way she hadn’t experienced before. This woman, demon, was talking down to her mate, and it infuriated her.

“Save it,” he growled. “I need to see him.”

“Make it quick, so I can have the maids come and clean up after you,” Kagura said.

Kagome pulled away from him and walked up to Kagura. “Listen bitch, I don’t care who you are, but if you talk to my mate like that again, I’ll purify you,” Kagome told her, and a burst of miko energy hit Kagura in the chest.

Kagura fell to the floor.

Kagome looked at the fallen demon in horror as her anger abated. What had she done?

InuYasha took her hand.

“I don’t know what came over me,” she said softly. “I never- I don’t understand.”

“It’s all right,” he assured her. “It’s about time someone taught her a lesson. I guess I should have warned you that after we became mates we’d become more protective of each other.”

InuYasha was going to barge into the office, but Kagome stopped him and knocked.

“Enter,” came Sesshomaru’s voice. He looked up when they came in, and his normally impassive countenance showed a trace of shock. “Father?”

“Not quite, asshole,” InuYasha said snapping Sesshomaru out of his daze.

“What is the meaning of this, half-breed?”

“I was hoping you could tell me,” InuYasha replied.

Just then, a small man entered the room and cowered before the demon lord. “My Lord, your mate has been injured, by that miko,” he said softly.

Sesshomaru came to his feet and approached Kagome. He grabbed throat. “Is this true, miko?” he asked, his voice deadly calm.

Kagome heard a low growl and felt both the comforting youki of InuYasha and the angry one of his brother. InuYasha’s should have been weaker, but it was the same.

“Let her go,” InuYasha bit out.

“Yes, but it was an accident. She was saying bad things about InuYasha and I couldn’t help it,” she told him, without fear.

Sesshomaru released her. “Why do you not fear me?”

“InuYasha wouldn’t let you hurt me,” she replied.

“As if a pathetic half-breed could stop this Sesshomaru.”

Kagome glared at him. “But that’s not exactly true anymore, is it?”

Sesshomaru’s face betrayed nothing, but his eyes did.

“He’s not a pathetic half breed anymore, at least, not as far as strength is concerned. His youki rivals your own,” she stated.

“Kagome, what are you talking about?” InuYasha asked.

“Silence, half-breed. Be careful in how you speak to me
, miko,” Sesshomaru warned. “You will show me the respect I deserve.”

InuYasha growled.

“I will be more than happy to show the respect your position deserves when you maintain, with InuYasha, the civility that it accords,” Kagome said

“Very well,” Sesshomaru agreed. “Perhaps it is for the best that we put aside our dislike for each other.”


“Will somebody please tell me what the hell is going on?” InuYasha yelled.

“Your mate is correct when she said your youki is as strong as my own. It would seem her miko powers allow your demon blood to come fully to the surface without destroying your soul,” Sesshomaru told him. “As for the other, I have learned that there is a real threat to the peace that we have shared with the humans for so long. Our dislike for one another is well know. If we were to put on a unified front, it might give those considering opposing us pause.”

InuYasha couldn’t disagree with his brother’s assessment, and the truth was, he never really wanted to fight with Sesshomaru in the first place. He only acted the way he did because Sesshomaru hated him. “What do you mean?” InuYasha asked.

“You will come to the semi-formal dinner I am having here tomorrow night,” he replied. “Many important youkai leaders will be there to discuss the possibility of allying themselves with us.”

“Fine,” InuYasha said. “Come on, let’s get out of here.”

At the door, Kagome stopped and turned to Sesshomaru. “Please extend my apologies to your mate. It was not my intention to dishonor you in your own home. I am sorry.”


Sesshomaru took in the miko and could tell she was sincere. He gave a slight nod to note his acceptance. This human was a puzzle to him. She had honor and strength he doubted even she was aware of. “InuYasha,” he said. “I grant my approval of your mate.”


“Come on,” the hanyou said.

“Where are we going?” she asked.

“It’s a surprise,” InuYasha replied. He was going to take her to where he had planned before the change in his appearance had
caused this little detour.


Sesshomaru left his office and went to his mate.

Kagura was lying in bed. Her youki was so diminished it was nearly non existent. His mate was strong, and to think that the miko could have done this unintentionally showed her true power. He was now certain that she would prove a useful ally.

He reached out to his mate with his own youki to boost her own and give her strength.

“The miko wanted me to send her apologies,” Sesshomaru said, “and you will accept it. Is that clear?”

Kagura nodded.

“I have arranged for a truce of sorts with my half brother, and you will honor that, as well.”

She nodded again.

“Good. Now rest, my mate. I will stay with you.”

*****

Thus far, Kagome had enjoyed InuYasha’s surprise, so she followed him to the car.

She was content to sit quietly as he drove. It wasn’t like he’d tell her where they were going if she asked.

*****

InuYasha parked and then led Kagome a short distance down the street. She looked up and noticed that he had stopped in front of a jewelry store.

He held the door open, but she just stood there. “Are you coming?” he asked.

“What are we doing here?” she questioned.

“I can’t marry you and not get you a ring, can I?” he replied. “Now, come on.”

Kagome watched the sales person run to the back of the store at their entrance. He didn’t return, but in his place, another man approached. He was a youkai, but she didn’t know what kind.

“Mr. Tashio, I am Mr. Sato, the store manager, how can we help you today?” he said with slight bow. The youkai looked at Kagome for a moment. “A ring perhaps?”

InuYasha nodded.

“Come with me and I will have a selection brought to you.”

They were led to a small room with a table and three chairs. InuYasha and Kagome sat down, and soon, Mr. Sato returned carrying a tray of rings for them to look at.

“Pick one,” InuYasha said.

Kagome looked at him, and he just nodded for her to go ahead.

She just stared at them for a moment. He couldn’t really be serious.

Her eyes settled on a ring with a large round diamond that had a small pear-shaped diamond on either side. She reached for it, but stopped.

The sales man picked it up for her and held it out to them, and InuYasha took it, looking at it.

“We’ll take it and a set of matching bands, while we’re here,” He said.

“Of course,” Mr. Sato replied. He signaled to an associate to bring in some bands. Once they were selected and the needed sizes were noted, InuYasha went to handle the paperwork and pay. “I will have these ready for you in a few hours. “

InuYasha nodded and he led Kagome outside.

They walked down the street holding hands. Kagome stopped at a window and looked inside.

“Go in, if you want,” he told her. “I’ll be in there,” he pointed to an electronics store a short distance away.

She went inside. It was an antique store and it had a lot of unusual and interesting items. Many had small cards beside them detailing their history and origin. She had always like hearing her grandfather’s stories - well she liked them the first time he told them, anyway – and they made her enjoy learning about the history of things.

Inside one of the cases, she saw a rosary. It looked really old. The beads were dark-blue, and every so often, it looked like a fang was placed. They were worn, but looked like they had been cared for. The shopkeeper noticed her interest.

“They say that served to subdue a violent half demon over five hundred years ago,” he told her.

Kagome was going to dismiss the man’s story, wondering exactly who ‘they’ were, but then a vision flashed in her head.

**

“You aren’t going, wench!” InuYasha yelled. He was wearing those odd clothes again.

“I have to,” she said. “I have a test.”

“I said you ain’t going, and that’s final!” he yelled.

“Am, too,” she said

“Are not,” he told her.

Osuwari!” she yelled.

InuYasha fell face first into the ground and struggled to get up.

**

“Are you all right?” the man asked.

Kagome shook her head. “Fine,” she replied. “How much is it?”

“It’s quite a bargain at 10,000 yen.”

Who did this old man think he was kidding? “Do you have any proof about the history of this rosary?” she asked.


The old man shook his head. Kagome took it as his answer, but she didn’t know that it was because he was disappointed by her unwillingness to pay his price.

Pretty and smart. Too bad. “No. I acquired it at a shrine auction many years ago. They had no record of it,” he admitted.

In truth, he had only paid 1,000 yen for it.


“Would you be willing to take any less?” she asked. “I’m afraid that without proof, the price is more than I am willing to pay.”

Kagome thought about how much money she had with her.

“Since you seem to be so interested in it, I would be willing to part with it for 5,000 yen,” he said.

Just as I thought. Kagome opened her purse and got out all her money. She handed it to the man who, in return, gave her the rosary. “Thank you,” she said.

5,000 yen still seemed high, but she was willing to pay it for something that seemed to be a part of her past. Once she had it in her hand, she could feel what she hadn’t noticed before. The rosary did indeed have a spell on it, and the energy felt remarkably like her own.

She went outside putting her new acquisition in her purse, and a man bumped into her. “Excuse me,” she said.

“There’s nothing to excuse,” a man’s voice said.

Kagome didn’t like something about his tone.

“You sure are a fine, young thing. You should come out with me.”

“I’m sorry, but I’m not interested,” she said trying to get past him.

He grabbed her arm. “You should reconsider or you will be sorry,” he whispered.

She looked around hoping to see InuYasha, but he was no where to be found. Then she felt it. There was a knife pressed into her side.

“Come on.” He dragged her around the side of the building. “Now, have you changed your mind?”


InuYasha stepped out of the store he was in and looked for Kagome. Surely she would be done by now. Making his way back to where he had left her, he was halfway there when a feeling a dread washed over him. He felt fear, but not his own.


“If you know what’s good for you, you’ll let me go,” Kagome said.

“What’s a girl like you going to do about it?” the thug asked, pressing the knife against her.

A small yelp escaped her, though she didn’t know what had caused her to make such a sound.


InuYasha made his way through the people on the street and then he heard it.

Kagome was in trouble. She had called for him.

He noticed a few youkai turn and look at a place between the buildings, recognizing the call for what it was.

He heard the man’s taunting question to Kagome.

“Not her,” InuYasha growled in response. “Me.”

Kagome looked at InuYasha, relief in her eyes.

The man looked at InuYasha. “Mind your own business, boy.”

“She is my business,” InuYasha said, keeping an eye on the knife. He didn’t notice the youkai that were nearby moving to shield what was happening from people on the street.

“So this is your bitch, then?” the man asked with a laugh. “You don’t deserve a girl as fine as this one. Why don’t yet let a real man-”

Before the man could finish, InuYasha was on him. He grabbed the hand holding the knife and bent it back until he heard bones snap. The man fell
to the ground clutching his wrist and screaming.

InuYasha pulled Kagome to him.

“Are you all right?” he asked.

She nodded.

“Excuse me,” a man said. “What is going on here?” A policeman stepped through the crowd. “What has happened here?”

“That psycho attacked me,” Kagome’s abductor said.

“That bastard attacked my fiancé,” InuYasha growled.

“Who else saw what happened?” the policeman asked.

Several youkai stepped forward and assured the officer that the injured man had attacked Kagome and that InuYasha had only been protecting her.

The officer took down the information from InuYasha, Kagome, and the witnesses, and then took the man away.


InuYasha approached the youkai. “Thank you.”

They all bowed slightly.

“It was our pleasure to assist the brother of the Inu no Tashio,” a neko youkai, holding the hand of what must be his daughter, offered. Kagome could tell that she was a hanyou.

“What’s wrong?” Kagome asked abruptly, sensing an overwhelming sadness from both, and that the father’s youki was diminished.

“It is nothing you should concern yourself with,” he said respectfully.

“Please,” Kagome insisted. “Maybe we can help. It is only right for what you have done.”

“Mommy’s sick,” the little girl spoke up.

Kagome looked at the man and realization dawned on her. His youki was diminished because his mate was dying. She shot a pleading glance to InuYasha.

He sighed and stepped closer to the man. “What is wrong with your mate?”

The neko youkai looked, and seeing that Kagome was distracting his daughter, he spoke, “She’s dying. It won’t be long, and then...” He didn’t finish.

Kagome stood up. “Please, let me see her,” she said. “I really think I ‘m supposed to help you.”

“How can you?” he asked. “She has seen the best doctors. Nothing can be done.”

“Daddy, please?” the little girl said.

The man looked at his daughter, then nodded.

*****

They arrived a short while later at a fairly large house. The man led them inside.

InuYasha had to resist the urge to put his hand over his face. The house smelled only of death. It touched everything inside.

The man went to tell his wife that they had visitors.


“What is it?” Kagome asked, seeing InuYasha’s distress.

“I don’t know what you can do. This whole place smells of death and sickness,” InuYasha told her softly.

“I don’t know either, but were supposed to be here.”

He nodded, trusting her in this.


The neko youkai came back and led them to his mate, who was sitting up in bed.

“Can I speak to her alone, please?” Kagome asked.

The woman nodded, and the men left them.

“What’s your name?”

“Kimi,” the woman said.

“I’m Kagome. I think I can help you, but first, I must know what
troubles your heart,” she told her.

“Taka is dying with me,” she replied, tears in her eyes. “I can feel it. Our daughter will be alone. I fear for her. There are those who will hurt her for what she is and we won’t be there for her. I fear if my husband dies, the rest of his family will cast her out.”

Kagome held her hand. “I swear to you that she will be taken care of, but I hope that will not be necessary.” Kagome reached out to the woman’s aura, trying, but she wasn’t sure what she was doing. She was simply letting her heart guild her, giving in to her natural ability. “I can help you, but it will be painful for us both.”

“How?” she asked.

“I don’t really know, but I know I can,” she told her. “Please, let me try.”


Kimi considered her words. She had nothing to lose and everything to gain by allowing the woman before her to try to help. “All right,” she said at last.


Kagome smiled. “I must speak to them first,” she said, indicating those who were outside.

The woman nodded.

When Kagome came out, InuYasha went to her.

“I know I can help her, but I’m going to need your help, too.”

“What do you need?” he asked.

“You have to keep him from coming in no matter what you hear,” she said. “And you have to promise to stay out too, until I call for you.”

“Kagome-”

“Please, this is important to me,” she told him.

He reluctantly agreed.

Kagome went back into the room, and she placed her hands across the dying woman’s stomach, closing her eyes.

It was only a moment before the pain hit.

Both women screamed.