InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Making Things Right ❯ Learning ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
(**) a dream/vision
(~~) a note/letter
(*****) a scene/time change

This chapter comes with a few warnings. There is a LEMON and an abundance of WAFF or fluff. Blame it on the unbalanced hormones or the frustration that comes just after pregnancy… Either way here it is and I hope you enjoy. This chapter isn’t much in the way of plot but there are a few advances and the action is just around the corner I promise…
________________________________________________________ _____________


Kagome stood in the doorway, nibbling nervously on her lower lip. She had one arm wrapped around her stomach and the other behind her back, where she was winding one of her fingers around the string that tied her red lace corset bra closed. It wasn’t that she thought he wouldn’t like it. She bought it because she was sure that he would, but she had never worn anything like this before.

Her nerves eased when she was the expression on his face. He was looking at her with both awe and lust. She smiled when she realized that this definitely meant
she wasn’t going to be in trouble anymore. “So, am still in trouble?”


InuYasha swallowed hard. He didn’t know what was sexier- what she was wearing or the innocent pose that she had taken. It really was the perfect mix of who she was and how he saw her.

“Only if you don’t get over here right now,” he said. He stood up and took off his shirt.

Kagome giggled softly and crossed the room. She put her arms around his now bare shoulders as he circled his own arms around her waist. “I guess you like it then?”

He growled softly slid his hands down pulling her against him. She moaned as he pressed against her.

“Did you doubt that I would?” he replied.

She smiled and shook her head.

“Now, I believe you said that this was only the beginning of your apology?”

“So I did,” she agreed.

She stepped back, unbuttoned his pants and pushed them off his hips. While they were still around his ankles, she pushed him back onto the bed. Before he had a chance to figure out what her intentions were, he found himself bound by his hands to the bed.

“You can’t break the beads,” she said softly. “But remember, it won’t be any fun if you break the bed.” She straddled his hips and ran her tongue along the edge of his ear. He growled low in response.

“Have fun now,” he replied, “ because next time, it will be my turn.”

“I hope so,” she said.

Kagome began to explore his body with her lips and tongue. She trailed soft kisses and nips down his body. When she reached his hips, she slid down his underwear and pulled them off. With deliberate slowness, she ran her tongue along his shaft and he groaned loudly.

She avoided taking him completely into her mouth, and instead, teased him until he was bucking his hips off the bed, trying to get her to give him some measure of satisfaction. She shook her head and moved up his body until she was once again straddling him. She shook her head.

“You’ve been a bad dog,” she teased, moving off him completely.

He bared his fangs at her and growled.

Kagome only smiled as she took off her panties and ran one hand down between her legs. She moaned softly at her own touch, and her moans grew louder as she brought herself closer to her own climax. She could hear InuYasha panting with desire. Finally, she reached her release. She moved back over him and rubbed her wetness all over him. She reached down
between them and grabbed him. Kagome began to stroke him gently as she rubbed the tip of his member against her opening.

His growls grew louder and more insistent as she let the tip of him enter her. He bucked his hips off the bed trying to force her to take him, but she raised herself up with him. She leaned down and bit him on the neck.

He bared his fangs at her and growled again.

She looked at him and was met with a pair of glowing red eyes. Kagome knew that if she teased him anymore, he would probably disregard her earlier statement about breaking the bed, so with that, she slammed herself down onto him, taking him into her fully.

He let out a howl and she began to move atop him. It didn’t take her long to find her release. He followed soon after and she freed his hands. She thought it would be enough to calm his youkai blood, but he had other plans. His hanyou self might have been content to be dominated with the promise hat he would get his chance, but his youkai blood wanted to remind her just who she belonged to.

He flipped them over so that he was on top of her and growled.

Kagome was surprised by his actions but she knew she didn’t have to be afraid. She actually found herself excited by his actions. She loved it when he was gentle and tender with her, but she found herself enjoying the idea of being taken by his rougher demon half as he urged he onto her stomach.

InuYasha grabbed her hips and she pushed herself up onto her knees and elbows. He gave an approving growl as she opened herself to him, and as he pushed into her, she couldn’t hold back
her cry of pleasure.

“InuYasha!”

“Good ,” he growled.

“Oh Kami, InuYasha. Harder, faster,” she moaned.


He was more than happy to oblige. As he took her, he grabbed her hair and pulled her head up, and she moaned in pleasure. His youkai blood was pleased that his mate liked a rougher touch. “Who do you belong to?”

“You, InuYasha,” she replied. “Only you.”

He reached around and began to rub her as he moved within her. His bitch had earned her release and he was going to give it to her. Soon, she was crying out his name as he filled her. He pulled out of her and lay down, cradling her to him.


When she looked at him, his eyes had returned to their normal golden hue. She kissed him. “Mmm… InuYasha, that was amazing,” she purred.

“I’m glad you thought so, koibito,” he said. “I was worried I might have been a little too rough.”

She shook her head. “I like it when you go all dominant dog on me.”

“I’ll have to remember that,” he replied.

Kagome snuggled more deeply into his embrace and was soon asleep.

*****

**
As always, he found himself in total darkness, and, as always, he tried to sit up only to find himself bound so tightly and completely that he couldn’t move. More than that, it was a struggle just to keep breathing. He knew that even if he hadn’t been tied down, sitting up would be impossible since he was currently shut in what amounted to nothing more than a cell roughly the size of a coffin, and that was what it was supposed to be if you really thought about it.

He wasn’t surprised when the door above his head swung open as it had every morning since he had first awoken to find himself in this position. The familiar face of his tormentor hovered over his own, and by the smile his captor was wearing, he knew it was going to be one of the bad days for him, but a supposed good day for research.

The true purveyor of evil in the white lab coat offered a pleasant good morning and smiled as he received the usual glare in reply, expecting no other answer since he made sure his subject was unable to give one by the sutras that more often than not prevented his speech. It was probably best that way since had he been able to speak, a hearty ‘fuck you’ would have been his reply.

“Well K47, I am pleased to see that you have fully recovered from your last enhancement. I must admit, you had us worried for a few days,” he said with a laugh. “It is fortunate that you are so strong. You should be proud. You have come further than any previous experiment. It is quite an accomplishment.”

He wanted to rip the smile off the smug doctor’s face. He wanted to use his claws and watch, with a smile of his own, as the white lab coat turned red with the blood of its wearer. Instead, he could only issue a barely audible growl.

One day he would escape, and when he did, he would kill them all and that would only be the beginning. It was that thought that sustained him in the darkness and that thought that would give him the strength to break free when the time came. That, and the glorious image of covering the pristine white walls of his prison with their blood. Yes, one day he would bathe in the blood of his enemies and laugh to the sounds of their tortured screams.

“I sense a little hostility from you,” the good doctor said. “You should be honored. When we have finished with you, you will be far more powerful and lethal than you ever imagined. You will undoubtedly be quite useful as the government’s new killing machine, and I will undoubtedly be quite wealthy.”

He stared at the ceiling as he was wheeled down the hall to one of the sterile rooms. He tried, as he always did, to prepare himself for what he knew was coming on the others side of those doors, even though he knew that once they started it would do no good.

Inside the room, he watched as they prepared the various instruments for his torture. All the faces were familiar to him though he knew none of their names. Two male hanyou stood guard by the doors in the unlikely chance that he might manage to free any part of himself. A female hanyou handled the sterilization of the torture devices, as well as helping the three human doctors into their surgical gloves. They couldn’t have their star victim getting an infection, after all. It would be a shame to lose all the work they had done over something so trivial.

He refused to let himself fear the pain that was coming. It did no good to fear the inevitable, and fear was for the weak. He, instead, spent his last few minutes of peace wondering how any hanyou could be part of something that was a crime against their very nature. After all, it could be one of their parents on the table before them. His musing was cut short as they began.

He clenched his teeth and locked his jaw, but it was no use. The pain only got worse and his mouth opened. A scream tore from him.

**

The scream ripped him from his nightmare.

He lifted his head from his desk, panting and wiping the sweat from his brow and the tears from his face. He cursed himself for succumbing to the darkness. As a youkai, he needed little sleep, and after his ‘alterations,’ he needed even less, but it seemed that every time he closed his eyes he was to be plagued with his nightmares. Nightmares he thought would end when he had killed those who tormented him.

*****

Kagome woke suddenly a torrent of pain crashed down upon her, and her scream joined the one that tore through her head.


InuYasha sprang to his feet brought instantly awake by Kagome’s scream. He looked at her. She was sitting up in their bed; knees pulled to her chest. She was trembling and a few tears coursed down her cheeks.

He moved to sit beside her and took her in his arms. A low rumbling growl meant to soothe her spilled forth without thought.

He once again jumped up and took a defensive stance in front of Kagome as their door flew open. Sango and Miroku blanched and stepped back at the warning growl that InuYasha had begun to issue. It died out when he realized who had come barging into the room. He returned to his place beside Kagome.

“Shh,” he said softly. “It’s all right now, koibito.”

“Is she all right?” Sango asked. “We heard her screaming.”

“I’m fine,” Kagome said softly.

“What happened?” Miroku asked looking at InuYasha.

InuYasha shrugged. He was still completely focused on Kagome. He didn’t like the smell of fear and pain on her. It was obvious that something had upset her and that she wasn’t really fine as she had said.

“It was a dream, I think.” Kagome replied. “I don’t remember dreaming anything though. The only thing I remember is feeling pain; like I was bring turned inside out, and I could hear someone screaming along with me.” She shuddered, remembering.

“Do you think it was someone trying to curse you like they did Kagura?” Sango asked.

Kagome shook her head. “It wasn’t like it was me being hurt,” she replied. “It was more like I was feeling someone else’s pain.”

“Kagome, if you like, I could work with you practicing meditation and learning to control your powers,” Miroku offered. “It might help you control your dreams to separate yourself from them. A monk’s power is different from that of a miko, but the basic training is the same.”

Kagome smiled at him. “Thank you. I think that would be a good idea.”

Miroku waved off her thanks. “Anything I can do to help.” he told her.

“I guess we’ll go back to bed if you’re sure you’re all right,” Sango said. “Just don’t hesitate to come get us if you need anything.”

Kagome nodded and Sango and Miroku left shutting the door behind them.

“Are you really all right?” InuYasha asked softly.

Kagome nodded reassuringly.

“Are you ready to go back to bed?”

“I think I‘d rather stay up for a while,” she replied. “Something about my dream left me feeling like I really need a bath. It will help me relax, too. You can go back to sleep though.”

“Keh, not likely,” he told her. “Now about that bath. Do you want some company?”


Kagome could tell by his smile that he was only joking, trying to make her feel better. She leaned forward and kissed him.

“Next time, koibito,” she whispered.

“Promise?” he asked, raising one of his eyebrows.

“Promise,” she replied.


InuYasha lay back on the bed as Kagome closed the bathroom door. He had noticed that Kagome still wasn’t entirely herself. He would stay up and wait for her to finish her bath
so that he could make sure she was feeling better.


Kagome settled herself into the hot water that she had filled the tub with. She was more disturbed by what had happened than she had let on, though she thought InuYasha probably suspected that already. Maybe if she knew more, if she had been able to tell why she had felt the pain, or whose pain it was she had shared it would not have been so upsetting. At least that way she would have some means of discerning why it had happened to her, and perhaps a way to make sure it didn’t happen again.

*****

Kagome hadn’t realized how long she had been in the bath until there was a soft knock at the door. It brought her out of her thoughts and she realized that the water had cooled noticeably. She stepped out of the tub and grabbed her towel.

“Come in,” she called.

InuYasha opened the door. “Are you all right?”

“I’m much better now,” she replied. “I was thinking and didn’t realize how long I had been in here.”


He looked at her for a moment as if he was trying to see if she was being completely truthful, and decided to accept her explanation. “I was just worried, is all.”

She smiled and hugged him. “I was a little shaken up, but I really am fine now,” she said. She raised up on her toes and kissed him. “But I am hungry. I don’t suppose I could convince you to cook for me - and not ramen, either.”

“I don’t know,” he replied. “I might be willing, that is if you would be willing to give me another kiss.”

“I can do that,” she assured him.

This time when she went to kiss him, he met her half way. He wrapped one arm around her waist and the other tangled itself in her damp hair. She sighed softly as his lips met hers. He nibbled gently on her lower lip before entreating entrance with his tongue, and growled softly when she granted him access.

Though the kiss had all the potential to lead to something more, InuYasha reluctantly pulled away. He nuzzled her cheek for a moment and stepped back.


Kagome watched InuYasha as he left their room bound for the kitchen. She smiled to herself as she took a seat in front of the mirror to dry her hair. How is it that he can make everything else go away just by kissing me? He’s so different this time around, but I love him just as much. I guess it’s because it doesn’t matter that he acts different, he’s still my InuYasha, only now, he doesn’t hide himself away. I hope he knows how happy I am to have him, and how much he means to me. Kagome finished getting dressed and went out to the kitchen to find that her breakfast was almost ready.

He set her plate on the table and pulled out her chair. Instead of sitting down though, she circled her arms around his waist and rested her head on his chest.

“You know how much I love you right?” she asked.


InuYasha was puzzled by her actions; not that he minded her telling him that she loved him. He raised her head and looked into her eyes. They were so open to him, so full of emotion. She bared her soul to him. He knew they had always been this way, but in the past he had been too stubborn to see it and too stupid. He gave her a soft kiss.

“I know,” he told her. “Do you?”

She nodded.

“Good. Now, you asked me to cook you breakfast, so sit down and eat it before it gets cold, wench.”

Kagome looked at him. She saw the teasing glint in his eyes. “Back to wench, are we?” she teased back. “You know, in a strange way I have actually missed you calling me that.”

*****

Behind the main house in one of the smaller gardens, Kagome sat with her legs crossed and her eyes closed facing Miroku who was in the same position. They had been outside practicing meditation for a little over an hour.

Kagome was surprised how much more open to her power she felt. She could feel the familar tingle of Miroku’s own spiritual energy as he guided her. She could also feel the youki of several demons. A few she recognized and several she didn’t, but none felt threatening. The most recognizable, of course, was that of InuYasha. Kagome tried to reach out to him. She was so caught up in the feel of his youki and trying to touch him with her aura that at first she didn’t hear Miroku calling her.

“Kagome,” he said for the third time, and she opened her eyes. “I think we’ve practiced enough for today. So, tell me, what you were able to sense during your meditation?”

“Well, I felt four unfamiliar, non-threatening youki, and three that I recognized,” she told him. “The strongest was InuYasha, but I also felt Kagura and Sesshomaru.”

Miroku nodded. “I’m impressed. I hadn’t expected you to do so well, even if it was with my guidance,” he told her. “I guess I shouldn’t be surprised since you always have been remarkable.”

Kagome blushed at his compliment.

“Now, I was hoping I could ask your advice about something not related to demons or meditation.”

“Of course you can,” Kagome replied with a smile. “It wouldn’t happen to be about Sango, would
it?”

“You know me too well,” Miroku said. “Do you think Sango would say yes if I asked her to marry me?”

Kagome laughed out loud. “Are you kidding?” she asked. “And here I thought you were going to ask me something difficult. Of course she’ll say yes. This is so great. Are you going to ask her soon? Do you have a ring? Does InuYasha know?”

Miroku held up his hands. “Slow down,” he laughed. “I can only answer so many questions at once, though it is comforting to know that you are sure that I won’t be rejected. I do have the ring and InuYasha knows because he was there when I picked it out, but I haven’t decided yet when I am going to ask her.”

“She is going to be so happy,” Kagome told him. “I probably shouldn’t tell you, but her biggest fear is that she is only another girl for you, that you aren’t serious about her.”

“I guess I can’t blame her for that,” he admitted. “Even if it couldn’t be further from the truth. You won’t tell her about any of this, will you?”

“Of course not,” Kagome assured him. “She deserves to be surprised.”

Miroku got to his feet and offered Kagome a hand up.

They walked side by side back through the garden and around the paths to the house they all shared, and went inside to find that Sango had been called to see Sesshomaru.

The taiyoukai had finally finished acquiring what she would need to construct her exterminator weapon. She had been waiting for Miroku to return so he could go with her, since Sesshomaru had informed her that the demon bones still needed to be blessed.

*****

When the door closed behind Miroku and Sango, Kagome went to where InuYasha was sitting on the couch and sat on his lap. She reached up and rubbed his ears.

“Hey,” she said softly.

“I felt you, you know,” he replied.

“You did?” she asked.

He nodded.

“I wondered if you would. I could sense you and I wanted to reach out to you. What was it like?”

“It was like feeling you wrap your arms around me,” he told her.

Kagome stopped rubbing his ears and wrapped her arms around his neck. “Like this?”

He nodded. “I think you should practice reaching out to me like you did today in case something happens and I’m not already there.”

“If I agree to do that will you stop talking and start kissing me?” she asked, moving so that one of her knees was on either side of him.

InuYasha was a little surprised but not at all disappointed with her forwardness. He grabbed her bottom and pulled her closer to him. He smirked when she gasped. Leaving on hand where it was, he used the other to cup the side of her face and guide her lips to his own. After several minutes her broke their kiss.

“Be careful what you ask for,” he teased.

Kagome was breathing heavily. Kissing him always left her feeling light headed and exhilarated. “Take me to bed InuYasha,” she breathed.

InuYasha didn’t need to be asked twice. He stood up, gripping her legs, and carried her into their room, kicking the door closed behind him.

*****

Miroku watched Sango as she set to work shaping and sharpening the edges of the bone that would be her new Hiraikotsu. Her hair was pulled up into a high ponytail reminiscent of the way she wore it when she was slaying demons in the past. She had tucked the sleeves of her T-shirt up so that the whole of her arms was bare. A sheen of sweat covered her body as she hammered and filed the bone before her. To him she had never looked more beautiful.

In both this life and the last, it had been more than her physical beauty that Miroku had been attracted to. Of course at first glance, it had been that she was beautiful that drew his notice, but once he had spoken to her, he sensed a deeper inner beauty as well. As he had gotten to know her what had truly captured his heart had been her strength. She was strong physically, but more than that, she processed and inner strength that could not be ignored. She was no ordinary woman.

He also had fallen in love with her fiery spirit. He had made inappropriate advances toward more then his share of women and never had one reacted as strongly as Sango, both times he had met her. Not one had ever put him in his place as effectively as her, and that, as much as anything else told him she was the one. She was someone who could keep him in line, and if she had half as much passion to direct toward their love as she did when she was angry, well, he was looking forward to that.


Sango raised her head briefly as she used her arm to wipe the sweat from her brow. Miroku was staring at her with a look she didn’t quite recognize, but one that stirred something within her none the less.

When she first met the former and once again houshi, she had laid him out with a single punch. She had cursed him for presuming to touch her without her permission and swore that next time she would break his jaw. She was shocked when he got up smiling and admitted that he deserved that, after which he asked for her phone number. To her own surprise, she found herself giving it to him and their relationship had grown from there. She knew that she loved him and the only doubt she harbored came from the fear that she was nothing special to him, just another girl.

Miroku winked at Sango as their eyes met. He couldn’t help but smile when she blushed. I have to marry her soon, he thought, before she realizes she could do so much better than a pervert like me.

*****

Sango sighed as she walked with Miroku back to the house. She had finished her Hiraikotsu. Thankfully, Sesshomaru hadn’t wanted to see a demonstration immediately.

They entered the house and heard soft laughter coming from Kagome and InuYasha’s room.

“That lucky dog,” Miroku commented. “I don’t suppose you and I-”

“Don’t even think about it,” Sango interrupted.

*****

The next day, they all went with Sango when she met with Sesshomaru to demonstrate her proficiency with her newly forged weapon. Although she hadn’t truly wielded her Hiraikotsu in over 500 years, she was still every bit as proficient with it as always.

Kagome watched Sesshomaru closely and thought that for a moment he actually seemed a little impressed.

After nearly and hour, Sesshomaru raised his hand. “That will be enough,” he announced. “Exterminator, I am willing to offer you a position working for me, on the same basis as the houshi. Your work will be assigned to you as your services are required. Do you accept?”

Sango nodded.

“Very well. I will have a contract drawn up with the specifics. At that time, I will provide you with a number and a location where you will be able to attain proper attire. Now, I have other matters to attend. I trust all of you can find your own way out of the gardens.”

Sesshomaru left them.

“I’m glad to see you haven’t lost your touch with that thing,” InuYasha offered. “You always were the one I could count on to have my back in a fight.”

“Hey…” Kagome and Miroku said together.

“What?” InuYasha asked.

“Insensitive baka,” Kagome replied. “I can recall plenty of times where Miroku and I saved your butt.”

InuYasha started laughing. “Not nearly as many as I saved yours.”

Kagome glared at him. “Come on, Miroku,” she called. “Let’s go. We don’t need to stand around and let this baka undervalue our skills. I only hope he wasn’t planning on having anything to do with my butt or any other part of me for a very, very long time.”


Miroku started laughing as he followed Kagome away, thinking that it served InuYasha right, even if he was only trying to compliment Sango on her skills.


“You really stepped in it this time,” Sango offered. “She was pretty mad.”

InuYasha sighed. “Yeah. Do you think she would forgive me if I tell her that she was more important than any of our fighting abilities because she was the one who held us all together; that she was the one who made me strong and gave me the will to keep fighting; that without her, none of the rest would have mattered?”

Sango smiled. “I think it would be a good place to start,” she offered. “Besides, you know Kagome never could stay mad at you for long.”

InuYasha smiled at the thought. It was true that she never did stay mad at him long, even when he had said or done things much worse than he had today. He walked with Sango back to the house. He would just have to let her know how important she really was to him and he was sure all would be forgiven.