InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Making Things Right ❯ Congratulations ( Chapter 23 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
(**) a dream/vision
(~~) a note/letter
(*****) a scene/time change

A/N: There is both a lemon and a lime in this chapter. All you hentai out there enjoy and all non hentai I hope you enjoy it too…

Oh and for those who are impatient to know I am anticipating that chapter 25 or 26 will have the Kag/Inu lemon... That will be a very citrus chapter. I couldn't resist...
_____________________________________________________________ ________


Kagome knocked on the tall, carved doors of the large house Sesshomaru and Kagura shared. She stepped back beside InuYasha who was scowling and growling softly. Kagome took his hand. The growling ceased but the scowl remained. The door opened.

Kagura stepped back to let them enter. “Please, come in.”

Kagome smiled. “Thank you.”

Kagura shut the door behind them. “Dinner won’t be for a few minutes. Would either of you like a drink?”

Kagome shook her head.

“Not from you, bitch,” InuYasha growled.

Kagome’s smile fell.

“InuYasha!” she said, then directed her attention back to Kagura. “I’m sorry.” Kagome felt her face heating. I can’t believe he said that.


InuYasha noted Kagome’s embarrassment and regretted his rudeness but he wasn’t about to apologize.

“Sesshomaru informed me of our past. I would say his reaction is understandable, if not expected,” Kagura told her. “Why don’t we go into the dining room? It shouldn’t be much longer.”

They followed Kagura into the dining room and found Sesshomaru already waiting. He pulled out the chair to the right of the table for Kagura. Though his face remained as impassive as ever, Kagome noticed that Sesshomaru gave a small nod at his mate’s smile.

InuYasha, she noticed, had already slumped down into a chair. She looked back toward the head of the table and she thought she might have actually seen a bit of sympathy in Sesshomaru’s eyes – that, or pity. She forced herself not to sigh and sat down.

Thankfully, the food was served and there was no need for conversation. Kagome saw, to her great embarrassment, that InuYasha was sniffing everything he was presented to eat, as if he was sure that it would be poisoned. Thankfully neither Sesshomaru of Kagura commented on it. She silently prayed for a quick end to the evening and that InuYasha would just stay quiet.

When the last dishes were cleared Sesshomaru spoke. “Now, for why have asked you here this evening.”

“’Bout fucking time,” InuYasha mumbled.

Kagome gave an apologetic look to both of their hosts.

Sesshomaru ignored his brother’s rudeness.

“We thought it only fitting since you are family, as well as the fact that, without you, it would not have been possible, that you should be the first to know… Kagura has conceived my heir,” he said choosing to speak directly to Kagome.

“Congratulations!” Kagome said sincerely. She looked at Kagura who was giving her a soft, thankful smile. “I really am happy for you both and honored that you invited us here to share in this moment.”

Both Sesshomaru and Kagura gave a nod of acknowledgement.

“Can we get the hell out of here now?” InuYasha asked.

Kagome couldn’t keep from sighing this time.

“Yes, I think we should go,” she said coming to her feet. “Thank you, again. Dinner was wonderful.”

Kagura got up to show them out and Kagome didn’t even look back to see if InuYasha was behind her.

*****

Sango came through the door.

“Kagome, I-” she started. She looked around the room. The lights were low and the table was set for two. She could smell the delicious aroma of her favorite meal. Seemingly out of nowhere, Miroku appeared and took the bottle of wine she had purchased. “Miroku, what-”

He smiled. “My beautiful Sango, would you join me for dinner?”

She could only nod as he took her hand and led her across the room to the table and pulled out her chair. She watched him retrieve a serving dish from the oven and he served them both before sitting down. He didn’t attempt to say anything as they ate, but Sango caught him staring at her several times with a strange look in his eyes.

When they finished eating, Miroku cleared the plates and brought two crystal goblets of chocolate mousse.

“Miroku, why?” she asked.

“Are you not enjoying your meal, my love?” he questioned.

“No, everything is wonderful,” she replied. “It’s just obvious you went to a lot of trouble. I’m surprised as all.” Sango didn’t miss the flash of emotion in his eyes, but couldn’t place it.


Miroku quickly masked his regret that Sango would not expect him to do something special for her for no apparent reason. I really haven’t been very good to her. I don’t deserve such an amazing woman, but if she accepts me I will spend the rest of our days together making it up to her.

Once again, when their dishes were empty, Miroku removed them, but this time he did not return to his seat.

Sango heard her own gasp - but somehow felt completely detached from the body that had made it - when Miroku kneeled before her. He isn’t… He can’t be. Not to me.

“Miroku-”

“Please, Sango,” he interrupted. “There are many things I wish to say to if you will allow me.” He paused and Sango nodded. Taking a deep breath, he spoke to her from his heart as Kagome instructed and then accept her decision without question.

“My darling Sango, I have not treated you as you deserve. I have made many mistakes and done much that I regret. I have no right to expect you to accept me after all the times my actions have hurt you, but I swear to you, if only you would consent to become my wife, I will love you and only you for the rest of my days and spend every one of those days trying to make it up to you. Please, Sango, will you marry me?” He opened the small box holding her ring and held it out to her.

She looked from the box into hopeful, deep blue eyes. Moments passed before she could find her voice and he waited unmoving to hear what he response would be. “Yes,” she whispered as tears formed in her eyes.


Miroku blinked once and then again. Did she say yes? “Did you say yes?”

She smiled through her tears. “Yes, I said yes,” she replied. “Now are you going to put that ring on my finger, or not?”

Miroku fumbled with the box and nearly dropped it before managing to remove the ring.

Sango noticed as he slipped it on her finger that his hands were trembling. Could he have really been afraid that I would say no? Does he not realize how much I love him? Once the ring was on her finger she stood up and pulled him to his feet.

“You may be a hentai, but I love you,” she whispered and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

“Only for you, my love,” he replied as he brushed his lips against her own.

She pulled back and looked into his eyes. Her face heated. “Show me,” she said softly.

“Sango… I did not ask so that you would offer yourself-” he started.

Sango cut him off with a demanding kiss. “I know,” she told him. “I want to be with you.”

Sango walked ahead of him into the bedroom. She stood with her back to him and did not turn when he shut the door. He watched enrapt as she pulled her shirt off over her head and slid down her jeans. She stepped out of them and walked toward him.

His own breathing was harsh and ragged as she unbuttoned his shirt and pushed it off his shoulders. She was comforted that he seemed as nervous as she felt in spite of her bold actions.


Miroku was no innocent, but he had never waited so long for a woman or wanted one so much. He and Sango had, of course, been involved with each other in intimate ways, but she had always objected to taking the last step. As she stood before him removing his clothes, he knew that this night would be different than any other.


Sango forced her hands to steady as she unbuttoned his pants and slid them off his hips. Once they fell, he stepped out of them and took her in his arms. His lips fell over hers roughly and she moaned into his mouth. She barely noticed as his skilled hands deftly unhooked her bra, or when he backed them over to the bed.

Miroku urged her onto the bed with his body and lay partially over her. He trailed soft, wet kisses along her jaw, skipping over her neck and settling on her breasts. He teased them until she was moaning with pleasure. He raised himself off of her and slowly removed her underwear. He took a moment to admire her.

“Such beauty should not exist outside of the heavens,” he whispered as he ran his hand along the curve of her breast and across her stomach. Before he returned his body to hers, he removed his own under garments.


Miroku returned to worshiping her body with his lips and tongue. Sango reached for him and pulled the tie out of his hair. When he settled himself between her legs and ran his tongue along her, she cried out and grabbed his head. He pleasured her until she was panting and cried out his name. He moved up to placed a kiss on her lips.

“Are you certain, my love?” he asked.

“Yes. I want to be with you,” she replied. She felt him begin to press into her and did her best to relax.


Miroku felt her tense under him. He leaned down and began to kiss her neck softly. Slowly, he felt the tension leaving her and he continued. He let out a ragged groan when he was fully inside her.

“Kami, Sango,” he breathed.


Sango smiled at his exhalation. Her fears that she would not be as pleasing to him as some of the other women he had tried had been erased. She felt a sense of rightness - of completion - now that they were one. It was as she remembered and as she had hoped it would be. She wrapped her arms around him and pulled him to her in hope of urging him to continue.


Miroku had to struggle to maintain his control. For a brief moment, he felt guilt that he had not saved himself for her, because as soon as he was inside her, he knew that he was where he was meant to be. She was the one woman made just for him. None of his other experiences could compete with what he felt in her arms. He moved slowly, tenderly, trying to let her feel the depth of his love.


Her body responded to him. As his paced increased, she rose to meet him with equal fervor. Every time he rasped out her name it sent a shock through her body and soon she came to her release and exhaled his name. Miroku joined her as his name fell from her lips.

He rolled off of her and pulled her to his chest, planting a soft kiss on her forehead. “Sango, my love, you are an amazing woman.”

She smiled. “Yes, you are very lucky to have me,” she teased.

Miroku looked at her. “I know,” he replied seriously. “Now, how long before you will be ready again?”

Sango laughed softly. “Ready when you are my hentai, houshi,” she replied.

*****

Kagome walked ahead of InuYasha as they left Sesshomaru’s house. She couldn’t believe the way he had acted. She had trusted that he would at least be civil. She heard him hurrying to catch up with her.

“Oi, wench, wait for me,” he called.

She didn’t slow because she knew he could catch her easily. She was pulled to a stop when he grabbed her arm. “Let me go,” she said.

“No,” he replied. “Not until you tell me what the hell your problem is.”

Kagome gaped at InuYasha. She couldn’t believe him.

“You know what my problem is,” she said. “You didn’t even try not to be rude. It would have been better if you didn’t say anything at all. They invited us to be part of something very special. Like it or not, their baby will be your niece of nephew. Are you going to hate their baby too because of who its parents are?”

“I did try, damn it,” he said softly. “It’s just, I get around him and… let’s just say there are some things you can’t forget, some things you can’t let go. And just so you know, I wouldn‘t do that to the kid. It can‘t help who its parents are. I know that, even if he don‘t.”

A long moment passed. Kagome considered his words and the tone behind them. She had seen all his memories, but most were just a blur of pain. He had never told her much about his life in the past. She wondered what things he was talking about, but she knew he was talking about himself when he said he knew a kid couldn’t help who its parents were. She stepped closer to him her anger all but gone. She took his hand and sighed.

“Well, you didn’t start a fight,” she said at last. “And if you say you tried, I believe you. Maybe one day you’ll talk to me about some of the things you can’t forget, and until then, I’ll try and help you by giving you better memories recall.”

She was a little surprised when his arms came around her.


Not for the first time, InuYasha wished he could talk more openly to the girl in his arms, but it just didn’t seem to be in him. He had hid himself away for so long and was only starting to let some of those barriers, the barriers that allowed him to survive, down.

“Kagome, I… Thank you,” he said.

She smiled up at him.

He released her and took her hand and they walked back to the house together.

“Great,” he mumbled wrinkling his nose.

“What?” Kagome asked.

“The bouzo and Sango…” he started. “Do they have to live here?”

“You mean they’re…” she trailed off and he nodded. “This is so wonderful! He must have really done it and she said yes. I am so happy for them. It seems like everyone really is getting to be happy this time…”

Everyone except me. No. You have InuYasha. Things could be much worse he could have died. She wiped away the few tears that escaped at the thought.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“Nothing’s wrong. I told you I’m happy for them, and for Sesshomaru and Kagura,” she replied.

*****

InuYasha changed while Kagome was in the bathroom. She came out wearing a long shirt reaching to her mid thighs and he was sure it was one of his. She lay down.

“It’s me, ain’t it?” he asked. “Why you were really crying.”

“Yes,” she admitted. “But probably not the way you think. At first I was thinking about how everyone was getting the happiness they deserve, but not me. Then I reminded myself that it could have been so much worse. You could have died and I...” she started to cry again. “But you didn’t. I still have you, and that is what I should be happy about.”

She looked up at him. “I do still have you, right?”

InuYasha couldn’t bear the pleading look in her damp eyes. He knew a single word from him had the power to heal her or the power to destroy her.

“You have me, wench,” he said. “Even if I never understand why you want me.”

She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“I want you because I love you,” she whispered. “You know, maybe hearing Miroku and Sango wouldn’t bother you so much if…” She pulled away and put a hand on his chest. “Will you let me show you how much I want you - how much I love you - please?”

“Kagome, I-” he started.

“Please, InuYasha,” she interrupted. “Let me love you. I promise to stop if you ask. Please?” She slid her hand down to the waistband of his pants and looked into his eyes.

How could he say no her when she was looking at him like that, asking him to let her show him that she loved him, especially when he didn’t want to decline? His beautiful, loving, Kagome was practically begging him to allow her to touch him. He swallowed the lump in his throat but found he still couldn’t speck, so he managed a small nod. The way she smiled at him pulled at his heart, that she would be so happy to be given permission to touch a vile, tainted being like himself.


At his nod, Kagome slipped her hand into his pants and gripped him firmly. He growled softly but gave no objection so she continued. She stroked him slowly and planted soft kissed along his neck. He groaned and she smiled knowing that he wasn’t going to stop her; that he was enjoying what she was doing. She freed him from his pants completely, and moving lower, took him in her mouth.


To say he was enjoying having her hand around him, stroking him would have been an understatement. Nothing had ever felt so good, that was until something hot and wet engulfed him.

“Fuck… Kagome…” he groaned. “Ahh…” He managed to open his eyes and looked down to see Kagome taking him over and over again into her mouth, a smile evident at the corners of her lips. It was too much. “Shit… Kagome, I can’t…ahhh!”


Kagome kept going as he released into her mouth. She loved the way he had called her name. She loved knowing that it was her whom he allowed to give him pleasure, that she was the one he trusted above all others. She moved up his body and kissed him softly on the lips.

“Goodnight, InuYasha,” she whispered. She pulled his arm across her as she rolled over to go to sleep.


As InuYasha lay there panting to catch his breath, he started to feel a little guilty. A feeling which was compounded by the voice of his demon blood, in his head, insisting that he offer to give her a pleasurable experience of her own - demanding it. He knew he should, but the only problem was he didn’t know exactly how to go about it.

He heard her sigh as he pulled her more tightly against him. He brushed the mark on her neck with is lips and she moaned.

“Kagome…” he started. “I don’t… I want to…” He slid one hand up under her shirt and rested it against the edge of her underwear. “Show me.”

He let her guild his hand until it rested between her legs. With her hand over his own, she began moving it in small circles. She turned on to her back and opened her legs wider. When InuYasha pulled his hand away and slipped it under her clothes to touch her directly she whispered his name.

“More,” she pleaded softly.

InuYasha loved the way his name sounded coming from her lips. He couldn’t get over her complete trust in him, allowing him to touch her in such a delicate area with clawed hands that could easily tear her apart. He marveled at the way she arched her back bucking against his hand, how she seemed to crave his touch. As she reached her release, she cried out his name again, and as he watched her was glad that he would be the only man ever to see her like this, so beautiful, so alive.

He removed his hand not quite sure what to do. He didn’t know what she would think if he gave into desire and licked his fingers, so he wiped them on his pants. She turned to face him and kissed him.

“Thank you, koibito,” she said, snuggling into his chest and closing her eyes.

He wrapped his arms around her and stroked her hair until she fell asleep.

*****

InuYasha looked at the girl sleeping soundly in his arms. He hoped that when she woke there wouldn’t be any awkwardness between them, but if there was, he had no doubt that it would be his fault. When she started to stir he closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep.


Kagome was used to InuYasha being awake before her. She wondered if he was regretting the previous night’s activities and was only pretending to sleep so he didn’t have to face her. She reached up and ran her hand along his cheek.

“Are you awake?” she asked.

He opened his eyes scowled at her. “I am now, wench.”

“Were you before?” she questioned.

He blushed. “Keh, of course I was.” he told her. “I’m not a pathetic human. I don’t sleep as long as you.”

“Well, then if you were pretending to sleep, it must mean you like laying here with me.”

He blushed again. “So what if I do? You got a problem with that?”

She smiled and gave him a quick kiss. “Of course not,” she replied. “I like it too, but I have to get up.”


While Kagome was in the bathroom he got up and changed clothes. He headed out into the living room. He was glad that Miroku and Sango seemed to be sleeping in.

Why wouldn’t they? They kept me up half the night. We really need to get rid of this demon so they don’t have to live here anymore. Knowing the bouzo I’ll never get a full nights sleep again.

*****

InuYasha was disappointed to find out he had been right about the bouzo and Sango. Every day for the last week, he had been forced to endure the two of them enjoying each other’s company. The only good part was Kagome continued to suggest that he might not mind so much if they were engaging in similar activities. He did feel a little like he was doing something wrong, indulging himself with Kagome, but he forced himself to remember that she was his mate and what they were doing was less than most mates did with each other. If only he could remember.

He was waiting for Kagome to come cook him breakfast when the phone rang. He hated the damn thing and all the noise it made, but he answered it.

“Hello,” he said.

“InuYasha, I may have some information that will lead us to our enemy,” Sesshomaru said. “Come to my office and bring your mate as well as the monk and the exterminator. They will know where to bring you.”

“I-” InuYasha started, but was met with dial tone. “Arrogant bastard.”

“So, InuYasha, what did Sesshomaru want?” Miroku asked, stepping out of the bedroom he shared with Sango.

“Bastard said he wants us to come to his office; that he has some information for us,” InuYasha replied. “He hung up before I tell him to go to hell.”

“Perhaps that is for the best,” Miroku offered. “You do want to find this demon that is responsible for sending the demons that injured both you and Sango, do you not?”

“Keh, I guess,” InuYasha grudgingly admitted.

“Then we should use all the help we can get, even if it is from Sesshomaru,” Miroku told him. “I will go inform Sango and you can tell Kagome. Sesshomaru will no doubt be expecting us soon.”