InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Many Thoughts ❯ Inu Yasha ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, here's chapter 2 of the three part series. I'll have chapter three up pretty quick! Promise! Let me know what you think! I love to hear from people!!! Thanks to all who have responded so far!!! ^^_v

Many Thoughts

Chapter 2: Inu Yasha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Feh."

Miroku raised an eyebrow and glanced at Sango. Sango stifled a giggle and busied herself with putting more logs on the campfire.

Shippo appeared over Inu Yasha's head and pulled on her ears, "You should go apologize to Kagome!"

Inu Yasha growled and batted the little kitsune from his head. "Me!? She's the one who yelled! I didn't do nothin'!"

Miroku sat in front of the fire watching their dinner. Without looking up, he calmly replied, "I believe he is referring to your recent behavior concerning Kikyo."

Inu Yasha growled louder, "What are you talking about?!?"

"Just how it seems you always run off and abandon Kagome to chase after a dead girl." Miroku continued to calmly stir their dinner, not looking toward the now very pissed hanyou.

"I don't abandon Kagome!"

The monk merely smiled and shrugged, "Very well, you do not abandon her."

Inu Yasha clenched his hands and felt his claws digging into his palms. "I don't have to stay and listen to this." He quickly suited action to words and bounded off into the growing shadows.

He came to a stop at the edge of the clearing where the event which was the cause of the argument had occurred and blinked, `How did I end up here?'

His eyes swept the clearing and came to rest on the girl sitting on a rock oblivious to everything around her. He watched her shoulders shudder, with tears or cold he couldn't tell. He leaned back against the trunk of the tree he was in and tried to force his muscles to relax a little. `What are they talking about? I may go after Kikyo once in a while, but I always come back. And besides, I'm responsible for her being here. I … I couldn't protect her then, I couldn't protect her remains, and if I hadn't said her name that day in the cave … If I had just stayed quiet, Kagome's soul wouldn't have been ripped from her and Kikyo wouldn't have been brought back. Kikyo would still be resting in peace. It's my fault. My responsibility.'

His half-lidded eyes still rested on the girl, even as his chaotic thoughts moved through his head. `Kagome … Kikyo … It's so weird. One is supposed to be the others reincarnation and yet … they're so different. Even in life Kikyo was different from Kagome. I see how much it hurts Kagome to kill anything and anyone, even the demons we fight. She struggles so hard to save every soul she can. She loves everyone unconditionally. Even Kikyo … she knows and yet, Kagome helped save Kikyo. Why? I … she saved Kikyo. In spite of everything.

Kikyo, she loved yes, but … there was always a closed off feel to it. A distant feeling. When she was with me, I had someone who cared for me, but somehow, I still felt alone. I was so young I didn't understand the difference, so eager and happy to have someone care about me again.' Inu Yasha blinked, `I don't remember ever laughing with Kikyo. We smiled, we talked, but …'

`Kagome is so open with her feelings, her smile … her … laughter … it's like being bathed in sunlight when she laughs. She's filled with joy. It just overflows onto everything. Kikyo was so serene and calm. She made you feel at peace. So different.' Inu Yasha smiled, `Kagome is such a fighter. She doesn't stand down no matter the danger. I can't count the number of times she's come back even after I've told her to get away to somewhere safe. If she thinks I deserve it, she'll scream at me no matter where we are. She gets that spark in her eye and her face flushes and …' Inu Yasha growled low, `Knock it off boy-o. You're getting thoughts in your head you have no business having. You need to see Kikyo rest in peace. It's the least you can do for her. Kagome is strong, she's a survivor.'

He watched as the girl shifted on the rock below. He didn't miss a thing, not a breath, not a movement, he watched the breeze play with her black hair and his expression softened. `Kagome, how do you do this to me? There are times when I just want to forget everything, forget Kikyo, forget the shards. And …' he took a deep breath, `that terrifies me. I feel like if I don't push myself, if I don't force myself to look for the shards, to go with Kikyo when she's near, I'll forget. If I don't yell at you or argue with you or … I'll just throw it all away and drag you off somewhere and never let you leave me. Make sure you never want to leave me.' His claws bit into the bark of the tree, `I can't say what I want to say to you, can't make promises I don't know if I'll be able to keep. I won't do that to you.' Inu Yasha laughed bitterly. `It's so ironic. I finally feel like I have a future and yet, I can't take that future and make something with it.'

A movement caught his eye; the girl below him was hugging her legs and shivering slightly in the cold. Inu Yasha growled, she needs to wear more clothing. He watched as she shivered again, "Kagome …"

Inu Yasha leapt out of the tree and quietly approached her; he gently tossed his fire rat cloak over her shoulders then moved and sat down in front of her rock, watching her cautiously. `Is she still mad? I … was it really me? Does she hate me?' Inu Yasha shifted uncomfortably as he felt something uncomfortably tight in his chest.

His thoughts stopped as Kagome's eyes lifted and gazed right into his. Her eyes were shimmering with tears and he could read the pain and hurt hidden in their depths. He licked his lips nervously and peered up at her. "Are you still mad?"

Kagome blinked at him and gave him a small smile. `I like her full smiles better, but that's a good sign … I hope.'

Kagome shook her head, "No. I'm not mad."

Relief and a curious joy flooded Inu Yasha and the emotions pushed him toward her, "Then, take it back!"

He watched as Kagome tilted her head at him and he could see she was fighting off a smile, he crept toward her, drawn to her, `She looks so cute.' She turned away from him then and he almost growled at not being able to see her eyes. If it wasn't for his hearing he would never have heard her whisper, "Take what back?"

Inu Yasha's eyes went wide and his fingers clenched the ground, "You said you hated me!"

Kagome looked up and smiled at the stars. Inu Yasha almost forgot why he was angry; she looked so beautiful with the moon shining down on her and starlight reflecting in her eyes. She whispered to the stars, "Did I?"

Inu Yasha growled, shaking himself out of his admiration of her, "Yes! So … take it back!"

For a moment he didn't think she was going to answer him, she just kept looking up into the sky, he took a step toward her his hand outstretched to touch her. He didn't know what he'd do once he got to her but …

"Sit."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, let me know what you think! 3rd and final chapter will be up soon!

E-mail: Soulsearcher_1219@hotmail.com