InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Till Death Do Us Part ( Chapter 88 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Blanket Disclaimer:

Inuyasha, and the characters therein, are the property of Rumiko Takahashi. I am in no way affiliated with Takahashi, or VIZ Productions.


========================



A uthor’s Note:

For a reference point on ages, Rin is fifteen and Shippo is fourteen, but I don’t want to hear anybody complaining about “under age sex.” First of all, they are both young, so it’s not as though anyone is a pedophile here. Second, despite the Americanized details I put in this story regarding Kagome’s coming of age at eighteen, the actual age of sexual consent in Japan, depending on region, is as young as thirteen. Third, this is the sengoku jidai we’re talking about, and both Rin and Shippo are adults by that time period’s standards.

Now, on with the show…




Chapter 88 - Till Death Do Us Part




He didn’t know how long he stood outside her chamber door, the simple paper shoji suddenly acting very much the powerful barrier. Was Rin already asleep for the night? It had gotten rather late, after all. If only he could calm the frantic fluttering of his heart, then perhaps he could hear if the girl’s breaths were evenly spaced. He knew for a fact that he hadn’t made a sound, so it was needless to say that it only rattled his nerves even more so, when just as he finally found the courage to raise his fist in preparation to knock, the screen suddenly slid open of its own accord.

“I thought that was you…” Rin said lazily upon greeting her friend in the doorway.

Yes, Shippo had forgotten, Rin could sense his demonic aura. Not only sense it, but recognize it, as well. Rin still did not, in all honesty, have every aura of every youkai within the castle walls memorized, most of the servants and guards blending together under the “generic” category. She would be able to sense the presence of youki, and know that somebody was there, but that would be it. She naturally had her father’s signature memorized, as well as Jaken, and Wenying, and as of more recently, she had also made sure to add Kagura’s youki to that list, as well as her two younger siblings, but with Shippo…it was as if Rin had never even needed to try. She didn’t have to study his youki, as she found, recognizing him simply came naturally right off the back, as though his aura was somehow especially unique, different from everyone else’s in her mind.

“Did I wake you?” Shippo decided upon asking rather than comment on the girls’ obvious gift, as he took note of her white cotton sleeping yukata. Perhaps she had in fact been in bed, because the robe’s placement seemed to have shifted slightly, remaining wrapped a tiny bit looser than what one would normally see. Shippo found himself forced to repeat the silent mantra Look into her eyes…Look into her eyes… to keep his gaze from lowering.

Rin yawned sleepily, and then replied “I couldn’t sleep.” more or less admitting that she had at least been in bed.

“I…” Shippo gulped, “I can come back tomorrow if-”

“You do not wish to come in for a while?” Rin asked in surprise, interrupting her companion’s attempt at leaving the girl in peace until morning. Even though Wenying had politely prohibited the youths from sharing the same bedding after Rin had matured into a woman, Shippo often still called upon her for an hour or two before bed, to visit, and talk, before he would retire to the empty chamber beside hers for sleep. Suddenly, though, the kitsune realized such an action wouldn’t be necessary any longer, the thought making him both anxious and nervous, as well as giddy and excited, all at the same time.

“If…if you want me to.” he managed to uttered under his breath, quickly stepping inside when she moved to allow him room to do so.

Why was he so nervous? And what had all that “talk” he’d had with her father been about? Although she couldn’t hear it for herself, Jaken had informed her earlier that evening, when she had asked where the two of them were, that Lord Sesshoumaru and “that kitsune” were still engaged in spar. They were sparing? Whatever for? Suddenly though, something the kappa had said those hours ago seemed to make more sense, now. He had said something along the lines of “That brat had better prove his worth for you, girl, or Inuyasha will hear it next…” Jaken had then gone on to complain about something along the lines of ‘waisting Lord Sesshoumaru’s invaluable time’ or something of the sort, but she had stopped paying attention by that point. At first she hadn’t understood. Why would Shippo need to prove himself worthy of her? He was her very dearest friend, more than a friend in her heart, and he had risked his own life to save hers. That incident with the bear youkai had happened quite a while ago, now, but still, she would never forget it. His desire to protect her was also linked directly to the sensations he felt which triggered the continual growing spurts he even still experienced to that day, as though her very presence by his side had been the catalyst needed to thrust him into adulthood. It was that last thought of hers that suddenly made Rin think that she actually did understand what was going on. Something Nekobi-sensei had said, regarding her own training, and her being worthy of him. It had been said merely to get under her skin, and prompt her best possible counterattack, but it was still true nonetheless that they were thoughts shared by over half of the kingdom’s population. Nearly everyone around the castle grounds had been whispering for quite some time now, often grossly underestimating the strength of her human hearing, as she was certain she was supposed to have remained in the dark regarding their words. Often that was the part she played, feigned innocence, in order to save embarrassment on everyone’s part should those in the halls suddenly realize their words had been heard after all. She also could not help but to notice that her father, who obviously could hear the words that were spoken, did little, if anything, to stave off the continuation of such rumors. The only discouraging thing she had ever heard in regard to what Lord Sesshoumaru’s opinion was on the matter, though she had heard this “through the grapevine” and not from her father’s own lips, was that the kitsune was still required to prove himself before the official decision would be made. Thinking again about what Jaken had told her, then, it suddenly became crystal clear, Shippo had been battling her father, in order to prove his strength, in order to…

“Rin…” his soft voice called, pulling her from her thoughts, though the change in her scent already tipped the kitsune off to the fact that she may already be aware of what it was he had come there to say.

“Yes?” she asked, unconsciously licking her lips.

How had they ended up sitting upon her futon? Regardless, they were each sitting upon the edge of her futon, facing each other. Shippo could see perfectly well, but Rin’s vision was somewhat impaired, the only light in the room being that of the moon, and a single flickering oil lamp.

“You know why I’m here, don’t you?” he asked, daring to lower his gaze even momentarily, grateful that the mortal girl’s eyes didn’t catch the maneuver.

“I…I think I may.” she confessed, asking next “What everybody always says, with regarding you and I?”

He nodded, explaining “I knew you were aware of the rumors here. Hell, my parents don’t even try to hide their opinion on the matter all that much any more, but I didn’t want to just come out and say anything directly until your father-”

“Does he approve?” she asked hesitantly, interrupting him once more.

“I would not be here otherwise.” he answered. “My…my feelings for you have grown so much…as I have.” he continued next, “And I know…at least I hope, that you…” That time, he was not interrupted by the mortal girl who was so desperately clinging to every word spoken. But when she finally realized that he had stopped short, due to his own nervousness, she quickly assured his unstated worry by swiftly placing a chaste kiss upon his lips.

Pulling back after a moment, Shippo met his beloved’s eyes once more, and that time, he did not have to fight his male instinct to do so. Finding himself lost in her warm, velvety stare, he swallowed the unexplainable lump in his throat, and decided to do things by the books, rumors be damned. What the hell did he have to be so nervous about, anyway? They had pretty much already come right out and admitted to one another that they each knew precisely what it was they were talking about, and if that kiss had meant anything at all…

But still…

“Rin…” he asked, clasping one of her delicate hands within his own clawed ones. “Will you be my mate?”

She was taken aback, not by the meaning behind his question, but merely the bluntness of how he’d just come right out and said it. Didn’t they have some sort of unspoken agreement going on about how they were merely dancing around such a topic, without commenting on it directly? Well, apparently the time for timid innocence was over… Not that that was a bad thing, though.

“Yes.” she answered with a smile, barely finding time to capture an intake of breath afterwards, before she found her lips bombarded by those of her kitsune friend. Though perhaps ‘friend’ was no longer the accurate term?

At first the kiss had been the same as their others, save for the fact that there was much greater passion fueled behind it, but soon enough, the kiss began to grow, just as their own bodies had grown over the last three years. Apprehensively, Shippo started edging the seal of her lips with his tongue, begging for entry, which was swiftly granted. Rin had no idea what to make of the sensation of her companion’s tongue dancing within her mouth, but soon enough found that it was in fact quite pleasurable, and growing bolder, she quickly decided to mimic his actions with her own tongue, as well. When Shippo realized that the increased passion he had started behind their kiss was returned by the human girl in his arms, his heart soared anew, as he raised his hands up to cup the back of her neck and head.

It wasn’t long before Rin started feeling a new, yet familiar tingling within her stomach. A sensation that traveled downward, until she noticed a distinctive feeling of wetness within the confines of her fundoshi. She was not as innocent as most people believed. Yes, she was a virgin. Yes, she had never even been kissed until Shippo. But that did not mean she was ignorant to what was happening, or the meaning behind the feelings she felt growing within her body. Youkai did not hide the ways of nature from their young, and having been treated as a youkai child growing up, Rin had learned, quite long ago in fact, where “babies come from” as had been the way she’d then phrased the question. Then later, after the guilt Wenying had felt at having failed to prepare the human girl for the concept of her monthly cycle, a phenomenon native only to humans, the panda had put forth a great deal of effort to learn all there was to know regarding the species, and then pass that information along to young Rin, along with answering any and all questions the teenager may have had on her own. The girl was, as a result, about as well versed on the subject of sex as Kagome had been, and considering that the miko came from modern Tokyo, that was really saying something.

Shippo was surprised, but also delighted, to sense how quickly and easily Rin was complying with the concept of what was to come, though a nagging little voice in the back of his head refused to let him continue until he and his chosen had a brief talk. He would never forgive himself if he forced Rin into a commitment she hadn’t fully comprehended at the time. Regrettably pulling back, then, both teenagers took a few moments to catch their breath. Shippo’s stomach did a small flip when a panting Rin leaned herself forward, resting her forehead against his own. Her eyes were closed, and her mouth was gasping, but he could still feel the smile radiating from the girl.

“Rin…” he managed to rasp out, his voice much huskier than it had been moments prior.

She didn’t respond verbally, but she did open her eyes to suddenly find herself staring directly into his own, as chocolate met wild evergreen. Such a color, his eyes, as though they contained the life force of nature itself.

“Rin,” he started again, “I have to…explain a few things…first.” he said between breaths.

She pulled back enough to look at him then, doing nothing to straighten the mess that had become her of once perfectly combed hair.

“You do understand that mating is forever, right?” he asked her point blank. He knew the girl was familiar with youkai customs, as opposed to human ones, so the concept of divorce had probably never even entered her mind, but he still wanted to be certain, just in case.

Nodding, she answered in her own thicker voice, “Yes, I know.” Seeing the look he gave her then, as though he was unsure if she was merely speaking from her arousal, Rin took a few steadying breaths to clear her head, and then elaborated with her answer. “I know canine youkai mate for life, which includes kitsune. Growing up in the West, I knew without a doubt that I never wanted to return to my own kind. Humans had been nothing but cruel to me, while Lord Sesshoumaru…Otousan…he rescued me. Everyone here accepts me, despite the fact that I am human, and I think of these youkai as my friends and family now. I do not hate humans, of course, and I love the humans in your family, but they are like me, accepting of and living amongst youkai.” Taking another few breaths, she continued. “I never thought I would ever have a mate, as I knew no youkai would want me, while at the same time I knew it was I who did not want a human husband. But I have grown to care for you so much, Shippo, I…” Pausing, she saw the look in his eyes, and knew she needed to say what he needed to hear. “I love you.”

Grinning broadly, he instantly replied with an “I love you too, Rin.” before leaning forward and delicately kissing her swollen lips once more. The girl was confused, however, when the kiss remained simple, before he pulled back once more, and again met her eyes while clasping her hands in his own.

“More than just mating for life,” he began, “I have the power to bond you to me for eternity, the same as Inuyasha bonded with Kagome, and even as Sesshoumaru bonded with Kagura. Even though Kagura already possessed a youkai’s lifespan, she gained inu instincts through the bond. If you permit me to perform the blood bonding, not only would you gain the ability to communicate with our future children, just as you’ve seen your parents do with your siblings, but you would also gain my lifespan, staying by my side for centuries to come. You would also gain my heightened senses, and you’d never get sick, remaining healthy, as well as healing faster from injuries. The only thing is…”

Rin’s smiling face quickly turned into one of confusion at the way Shippo paused at the end of his speech, as though there were a price to be paid in return for receiving such a wondrous gift, and he feared she may be unable, or unwilling, to meet the necessary requirements.

“What is it?” she asked, unable to hide the worry in her voice.

“You would no longer be fully human.” he confessed, eyes downcast as he stared at their clasped hands. “Others would smell my blood within you. Truly, you would be part youkai.”

Rin relaxed tremendously at his words. “And this is a bad thing?” she asked in a teasing manner, quickly earning the raising of his eyes to once again meet her own.

“It is to most humans.” Shippo explained, surprised, but also ecstatic.

“Now you insult me.” she continued to tease. “If there is one thing that I am most certainly not like, it is other humans.”

His grin reappeared once more, as she continued.

“You think I would prefer to remain mortal, growing old and dying while everyone I know and love remains the same around me? The one thing I’ve hated the most about being human is the fact that I would die while everyone else remained youthful. If you are telling me now, that you can make it so that you are a part of me, and as such, I shall age as you do for all time, then that is a gift so wonderful, that I will undoubtedly need the increased centuries of my life in order to fully repay you.”

Shaking his head in amazement of the girl sitting before him, the young kitsune was rendered speechless for a time, until he finally found his voice. “All you have to do to repay me…” he answered, brushing the back of a clawed finger against her delicate cheek, “…is be my mate.”

“I already am.” she countered, before leaning herself forward, and capturing his lips with her own.

Shippo was momentarily startled that she had been the one to initiate their latest kiss, but he quickly got over his surprise, as he joined her in her enthusiasm. Deciding enough words had been spoken between them, as Rin had made it perfectly clear that she was aware of, and actually longed for, the terms and conditions associated with becoming the mate of a kitsune, Shippo did not pull away after a few moments that time, deciding, instead to actually increase the burning passion behind their actions. He was admittedly hesitant, but his longing to touch her ran so deeply within him, that he knew he couldn’t hold back even if he had wanted to. Bringing his arms back up and around her head and neck, then, he held her firmly in place, just as she did him in turn, as they continued to taste one another, until swiftly, with more bravado than he actually felt, Shippo permitted his seemingly innocent hands to begin wandering about her body.

At first, under the semblance of running his hand through her hair, Shippo stroked Rin’s shoulders and back, proud to feel how well toned the muscles were that rested just below the surface of her skin. His Rin was truly quite strong, as was he. Permitting his hand to drift lower then, it came to rest upon the small of her back, while his other hand continued to cup the back of her neck from where he’d maneuvered it underneath the flowing locks of her raven hair, granting the most wonderful sensation of skin on skin contact.

Rin, meanwhile, was not ignorant to what her partner was doing, but allowed him his explorations unhindered. How she had longed for this, even when she’d believed that what she longed for was beyond reach. Several times throughout recent years did she feel an indescribable desire within her being, and several times throughout recent years did she relieve herself of her pent-up frustrations. She had known what it was her maturing body had craved, but at the same time, the notion of her heart ever belonging to anyone in such a fashion had seemed inconceivable, at last back then. Only after she first started hearing the rumors regarding herself and Shippo becoming mates did the notion actually enter her brain, but once it did, Rin found she could not have altered the images of her fantasy even if she had wanted to. It was as though for quite some time, she had been working on an immense puzzle, the last piece forever remaining a mystery to her, until someone had finally pointed it out, saying bluntly ‘Here already, this is the piece you have been missing all this time, you foolish girl.’ She was quite certain it would be most embarrassing, indeed, if Shippo ever learned of the number of times that she had imagined her own hands to be his, but at the same time, she could not help but to wonder if Shippo had actually engaged in similar fantasies regarding herself.

Had he ever.

Several times had Shippo imagined running his hands along her body, the sensations of his fantasy proving to be nothing compared to the genuine act, now that the moment had finally come to be. Concentrating then on the here and now, Shippo pulled Rin more tightly against himself, as he closed the distance between their bodies, practically placing the girl in his lap as he longed to absorb every inch of her. Rin retaliated by permitting her own hands to wander, as well, as they made their way to his gathered auburn locks, tugging free the tie used to hold his ponytail in place. Along with the rest of his body, his hair had also continued to grow longer over the years, and releasing it from its binding allowed the titian curtain to cascade down passed his shoulders, an image Rin quickly realized she found most stimulating, indeed. As though she had single-handedly unleashed his primal lust along with his hair, Shippo suddenly yanked back on hers, exposing her neck, as his mouth left the confines of her own, traveling downward to suckle on her pulse point, before settling on the junction where her throat met her shoulder. The human girl in question offered no form of protest, mewling her pleasure instead.

Unable to hold back any longer, Shippo boldly reached within the beckoning folds of her loosely wrapped yukata, momentarily surprised to realize she wore no chest wrappings, until he reminded himself that the girl had been preparing for slumber. Instantly cupping bare breast, he kneaded the delicate flesh carefully, paranoid of injuring her with his claws, while at the same time, he continued to nip and tease her throat with his fangs, also being just as careful. The scent of her arousal was a heavy perfume that thoroughly blanketed the air, and he knew, had he been worried before about receiving unjust interruptions, they most certainly would not be interrupted by that point. The girls’ scent was, for youkai noses, the same as placing a giant “Do Not Disturb” sign outside her door. He was sure that everyone knew why he had been battling against Lord Sesshoumaru, especially if the few bows he had received on his way to Rin’s chamber were any telltale regarding how quickly word truly spread in the castle. His worth had been proven, permission had been granted, and not Wenying, not anybody, was going to tell him that he had to leave his mate’s chambers. Grinning at the thought, he hungrily captured her lips once more.

Rin moaned into his mouth, arching her back to press herself more firmly against his callused palm. When she felt a sudden drop in room temperature, it took her only moments to realize the sensation was due to the fact that Shippo had pulled her robe free from her shoulders, the garment now hanging low on her elbows, resting around her waist. Taking a moment only to struggle her arms free from the massive sleeves of her station, Rin then wrapped her bare arms around her soon-to-be mate’s back, pressing his clothed body flush against her own bare chest, as she tangled her hands into his loosely flowing auburn hair. Shippo would never complain about the girl’s gusto, ecstatic to have found a mate filled with as much passion as he himself felt. Quickly shrugging off his kataginu (vest), Shippo made quick work of evening the score with regards to their current level of dress. Breaking free from the girl only momentarily, Rin took advantage of the opportunity herself to work the remains of her yukata out from under herself, discarding the garment upon the floor, while Shippo, as had been his plan for himself regarding the maneuver, made quick work of tugging free the tucked ends of his kimono out from the waist of his hakama. Discarding his own short robe upon the floor, a now bare-chested Shippo gazed longingly and lovingly at the blushing, fundoshi clad girl sitting before him. Rin did not blush because of her own lack of attire, but rather, merely at seeing her long-time friend and companion in his state of half dress. Bulky robes always did manage to hide so much from view, after all, so she’d had no idea exactly what Shippo had been hiding from her all that time. Finely toned, well-defined muscles greeted her eyes, as two flawlessly sculpted arms sprouted from his perfectly chiseled chest. It was true he stood about a head shorter than her, but height was the farthest thing from her mind, especially considering they were both sitting down, and as such, appeared more evenly leveled with one another. No, perhaps she was too tall, but there was nothing wrong with her Shippo, he was perfect.

She let him know it, too, by quickly thrusting herself back against him, once again being the instigator of their kisses, as she relished in the contact of flesh on flesh, chest against chest. Shifting her legs ever so slightly, she unintentionally bombarded her partner with her hypnotizing odor, causing a fierce growl to escape the kitsune’s throat. Pulling back, Rin meant to question if she had perhaps done something incorrectly, but the blazing red glare of his glowing eyes caught her off guard, as he struggled not to lose control. Never before had he lost himself to his beast, and he wouldn’t do so now. Cooling his blood, Rin stared in wonder as Shippo’s eyes shifted back to their usual green, and the kitsune was relieved to discover that no fear had crept its way within her scent. She was confused perhaps, startled even, but not scared.

“Did I do something wrong?” she managed to ask.

“Hell no.” he panted in response, pulling her down to the futon below them.

Rin gasped in surprise at the feel of his obvious stiffness pressing firmly against her fundoshi clad womanhood, as he continued to growl in her ear, grinding himself passionately against her core. Instantly, she understood, when she happened to recognize the most recent growl to escape him. It was the same phrase she had learned to speak to her brother. At least, it sure as heck sounded the same. So that previous growl had not been one of anger or discomfort, but rather, of love, and of passion. He was driven by an inner animal instinct, she knew, as no matter how much she saw him as merely a person, he was canine. Growing even bolder still, Rin did something next that she couldn’t even believe she had done, even after the fact. She reached down between the two of their bodies, and firmly grasped his stiffness through the loose fabric of his hakama. That got his attention rather instantly. Jerking in reaction to her touch, Shippo growled once more, his eyes flashing red for the second time, as he struggled to take his time with the woman below him. He thanked every kami he could think of that it was currently autumn, granting him more control over himself than he would ever have been able to exercise had it been spring.

“You’re killing me, woman.” he managed to rasp out, while Rin, vixen that she was, merely giggled in response.

I’ll show her, he thought, in true kitsune fashion. Tease him, and he’ll tease you right back.

Carefully hooking his clawed fingers within the edges of her fundoshi, Rin barely had time to register what it was he planned on doing, before the deed was already done. Shifting himself towards the foot of the futon, he brought the fragrant piece of fabric down with him, sliding it down her toned, yet creamy thighs, passed her knees, calves, feet, until finally the garment was off entirely, to be discarded upon the floor along with their other clothing. Gazing hungrily at the goddess laid out before him, Shippo took a moment to greedily lick his lips in anticipation, before he dove in. Poor Rin barely had enough time to register the fact that she was bare to his gaze, before she was bombarded with the most wonderful, indescribable…

“Kami-sama…”

No comparison. None whatsoever. Not that she had had enough time to truly think on the matter of being exposed before hand, but now that she was perfectly aware of her state of undress, she instantly found that she also didn’t care. No way was she going to have him stop what he was doing. Having already been as excited as she was, it didn’t take long at all for her to feel that all too familiar winding within her tummy. She was close…so close…but every time she thought she was about to fall over the edge, he would pull back, or shift maneuvers, preventing her from taking that final, wonderful dive.

“Please…” she begged. She even tried whimpering, though she didn’t know, word for word, what it was she was saying.

“Hmmmmmm” he voiced, as though he were considering her pleas, the vibration of his vocalization sending chutes of pleasure through her spine.

Finally, once he knew the girl could truly take it no longer, he granted her request, staying the course in a manner he instinctively knew would bring her to completion without delay. Only seconds later did it happen, as Rin, either unaware or uncaring of how loudly her voice truly traveled to those with demonic hearing, shouted his name at the top of her human lungs.

Grinning like a total idiot, Shippo climbed to his feet, fiddling with the ties of his hakama, while Rin lay basking in the afterglow of the most powerful orgasm she had ever experienced. You couldn’t grow up with a couple of hentai parents, like he did, without picking up a few pointers from time to time. No, he never peaked, but he was youkai, and some things you just can’t keep hidden, especially when dwelling under the same roof. Dropping his pants to his ankles, and kicking them away to join the aforementioned mentioned pile of clothing, Shippo suddenly found himself experiencing what he had come to call in his life, an “Inuyasha Moment.” What if he didn’t measure up? What if he was too…weird?
Realizing after a moment that she was still alone on the bed, Rin lazily, happily, shifted her gaze off to the side, to see where Shippo was standing after he had backed away from her. Her eyes bugged out at the sight before her. She had imagined he wouldn’t look entirely human, after all, he did have paws for feet…and two tails…but she had never imagined that he would be quite so…flawless. His legs were perhaps a little harrier than other people’s, his furry fox-like feet making way for more human looking knees and thighs, covered only with very mild fuzz. Twin bushy tails sprouted over a very human-like buttock, finely tuned from years of walking and physical training. Like a fawn from Greek mythology, not that she was familiar with such a creature, any trace of animal fur ceased quite abruptly at his hips, leaving his body, waist up, completely that of a man, save for the demonic features of his claws, fangs, and ears. But one very important part of Shippo’s anatomy did not resemble that of a fox below the waist. Standing at full attention due to his previous excitement, a perfectly normal (albeit large) human-looking member was happily making its presence known amongst a nest of thickly woven titian curls.

Misinterpreting the feelings behind her stare, Shippo only continued to grow more nervous, cursing himself for not having thought to mimic a more human-like appearance. He was a shape-shifter, after all. “I can…I can transform…if you-”

“No!” she interrupted, instantly realizing he must think her disturbed with his animal-like characteristics. “I’ve just never seen a man naked before.” she explained behind a blush, hoping to excuse her staring as normal curiosity. At seeing his disbelieving look, she sighed, and said “Haven’t I already told you that I did not want a human mate?” Smiling at his slow nod, Rin continued with “You are perfect. You are my Shippo, and I love you.” Besides, she added in her mind, His tails are actually kind of cute…

Suddenly realizing that the girl before him really, truly, fully accepted him, Shippo had another “Inuyasha Moment” when he wondered what on Earth he had ever done to be worthy of such a pure, caring soul. “Are you ready?” he asked her, instantly deciding that his concerns had been unwarranted, and concluding that he would think of them no longer.

Rin answered his question by starting to push herself up upon her hands and knees, but she was surprised when a gentle “No.” suddenly came from his direction, followed shortly by “Lay back down.” Turning to glance at him questioningly, Shippo smiled as he approached the confused girl, explaining simply “Some other time, perhaps, but tonight…I want to see your face.”

Smiling herself at his words, Rin laid herself back down upon her back in the middle of the futon, awaiting her lover to join her. Shippo didn’t leave her waiting for long. Slowly closing the distance between them, the kitsune was committing every second of this night to memory, not out of fear that he would ever one day lose her, but merely because he knew that their first night would be the greatest night of his life for all time, and he wished to remember it always, in every detail. Climbing on top of her, then, Shippo had to wonder if he had perhaps been living amongst humans for too long, because even while he could admit to a certain appeal his canine instinct found with regard to taking her from behind, he also knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that this would be his favorite position. He cherished having the ability to gaze into her eyes at the precise moment their bodies became one.

Positioning himself at her entrance, Shippo remained silent, but asked his soon-to-be mate with his emerald gaze once more if she was certain. Seeing and understanding the unasked question in his eyes, Rin answered by growling low in her human throat that he was loved. Surprised and delighted, knowing full well the girl must have truly worked hard to learn such a thing, Shippo felt the last of his lingering uncertainties flutter right out the window, to be dissolved in the moonlight.

Entering her slowly, he could feel her walls stretching around him, and frantically searched her eyes for any signs of pain. It was clear she was in discomfort, but she nodded for him to continue nonetheless. Slowly, bit by bit, inch by inch, Shippo closed the ultimate gap between them, tearing through the thin membrane of flesh that marked her virginity in the process, until finally, he rested fully sheathed within her, his hips resting flush against her own. Nothing in his life had ever been harder than it was for him to remain still in that moment. None of the times he had over exerted himself with his fox-fire even came close to the amount of strain he was feeling right then. Not holding back the blast from Toukijin. Not holding back the bear youkai. Those times were a cakewalk compared to resisting the urge to pound into his new mate.

Rin didn’t remember when she had pinched her eyes shut, but she opened them after a moment of realizing that nothing was happening. Focusing her vision, she saw that her companion also had his eyes pinched shut, a thin sheen of sweat causing his visage to glisten in the flickering light of the oil lamp that rested behind her head on the floor. His auburn hair hung loosely around them, like a curtain that shielded them away from the rest of the world. Deep, heavy pants, indicated that his body was currently under more physical stress than he had ever before experienced in his life. “Shippo?” she whispered uncertainly, only to be met once again with the piercing gaze of a youkai’s glowing red eyes, when his instantly snapped open upon hearing her voice. “Rin.” he responded, his voice sounding more strained than she had ever heard before, “Are you all right?” he managed to ask. I was going to ask you that… she thought to herself, but merely nodded her response to his question nonetheless.

Slowly, he pulled back, only to once again shove himself fully within her. Gradually, a rhythm was found, as he prayed to every kami he could think of that he wasn’t hurting the girl below him. Rin, on the other hand, was momentarily too mesmerized by his crimson gaze to acknowledge the discomfort she felt in their actions. She recalled what Inuyasha had explained at one time, how he had gained the ability to transform during…well…but still keep his mind mostly intact during the process. The situation with the inu-hanyou was understandably a little different, since Shippo already was a pure youkai, but she had seen her father’s transformed state in battle, and she knew that when fueled by incredible passion, apparently be it of blood lust…or simply lust…it became harder for a youkai to maintain their humanoid appearance. This was Shippo’s first time mating, this would be when he created the bonds that would last between them for all time, so it was no wonder why the adolescent boy was having such a tough time controlling his passion.

“Gods Rin…” he moaned out, as his thrusts became even quicker.

“Mmmmmm” was all she was able to say in response.

Yes, it partially did still hurt, but while the burning pain was slowly dulling, a new, wonderful feeling was quickly growing in its place. Shippo had gripped her hips, careful of his claws, tilting her lower body upward to meet his own, and that new angle enabled him to hit something buried very deeply within her. She could tell enough from the sensation that once the act of mating was no longer quite as new and uncomfortable, she would find it most enjoyable, indeed. Wrapping her arms around his back, Rin relished in the feeling of running her fingers along his bare flesh. Down, down her fingers went, until she found the objects of her desire, hooking each hand around the base of a tail, gripping them like handles while she held on for the ride. Shippo chuckled at the antics of the enthusiastic girl below him, permitting her to grip his tails as firmly as she needed.

“Rin…Ahh Ahh Rin…prepare…..prepare yourself…” he managed to rasp out in warning, feeling his climax on the approach.

She nodded her understanding then pinched her eyes shut once more, gripping his tails so tightly that the sensation was almost painful for him. But he ignored that, knowing she was still feeling mild pain, as well, and dreading that the worst was yet to come. He wanted to get it over with as quickly as possible. Still, Shippo could not help but to smile at the image of the girl below him, especially when she turned her head to the side, exposing her neck and shoulder for him.

“Ahhhhhhhhh!” he shouted, just before clamping down, piercing her delicate flesh with his elongated fangs. Rin whimpered in response to the bite, but did not cry out otherwise. She had been expecting it, after all.

There they stayed for several moments, locked together in more ways than one, as neither wished to move from their positions. Finally, Shippo pulled his fangs from her flesh, before pulling himself the rest of the way out and off of her. Rin sat up herself, then, and instinctively ran her hand along the bite mark at her throat, surprised to find that it had already stopped bleeding. It was quickly healing, becoming the iridescent mark of Shippo’s claim. They sat like that in comfortable silence for several minutes, each catching their breath, neither feeling ashamed of their current nakedness, nor making any move to attempt concealing their bodies from each other’s view. Shippo was finally the first one pulled from his thoughts when he registered the sensation of someone petting his foot, only to glance down and find Rin absentmindedly toying with the soft fur surrounding the paw. He couldn’t help but to chuckle mildly, the sound of which finally brought Rin back to the here and now, and upon realizing what it was she had been doing, the girl picked that moment to blush a cute sakura pink.

“You can pet me if you want to, Rin.” he said aloud, his voice husky, his tone teasing. She responded by slapping him playfully in the chest, earning a fake whimper of pain from her mate, as he fell over backward as if her playful swing held more force than his inhuman strength could reflect. Laughing outright at the scene before her, Rin followed suit, flopping herself on top of him, her sticky womanhood resting mere inches away from his softening shaft. “Hmmm…” he contemplated, while absently running his own hand through her silky raven locks, “We’ll have to try it this way sometime, too.” It was still so easy to make her blush…he loved it.

Sitting up and suddenly appearing rather serious, Shippo assisted Rin into finding a comfortable position right before him on the futon, as he gently grabbed her right hand in his, and said “We need to complete the blood-bond, now.”

Nodding her understanding, Rin barely flinched at the feel of Shippo’s razor sharp talons cutting into her flesh. Most things in life required hardships before the rewards could be earned. An expression as old as time, no pain, no gain, rang in her head. Training in the dojo was painful, after all, but she wouldn’t give up those lessons for the world. This moment in time was no different. Yes it hurt, of course it hurt, to have your flesh cut into in such a fashion, but as she then quickly registered the sensation of Shippo placing his own gaping wound against her crying flesh, the most wonderful sensations began rocketing through her, and she knew…it had been worth it. She had no idea how long the two of them sat like that, stone still, as though each were in their own private meditative trance, but one thing she did know was that she hadn’t always been able to smell the ocean from there…