InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ EndNotes

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Blanket Disclaimer:

Inuyasha, and the characters therein, are the property of Rumiko Takahashi. I am in no way affiliated with Takahashi, or VIZ Productions.


========================








This is not an extension of the story. No extra super special epilogues or side-plots here. Sorry. What this is, is the text version of the family tree that I promised you guys in my final Author’s Note. A genealogical account of the main characters and their offspring, and their offspring’s offspring, and so on. Ages and/or birth dates are not included here; just names, gender, and youkai-to-human blood ratio calculations. I also do not go beyond identifying only those individuals who were already named and introduced at some point within the story itself. The purpose here is to merely help straighten out who is who, not to introduce any new characters.

We’ll start with the most popular couple, Inuyasha and Kagome. Because of Inuyasha’s ability to increase the presence of the youkai blood within his body, all of their children are also true hanyou, 50/50 in the inu/human blood department. They are as follows…

Kazuki - Male
Minako & Miyako - Identical Twins, Both Female
Kenta - Male
Katsuo - Male
Tarou - Male
Michiko - Female
Manami - Female
Susumu - Male

Sango and Miroku had the following children, obviously all human.

Emi - Female
Kichiro - Male
Aiko - Female
Megumi - Female

A side-branch of the Taijiya family tree is mentioned briefly in that Sango’s brother Kohaku also found himself a wife, Kaori. Kaori’s mother was listed as Kumiko, though the name of her late father was never given. Kohaku and Kaori had two children.

Yuudai - Male
Satomi - Female

Sesshoumaru and Kagura’s children are half inu-youkai, and half wind-youkai.

Suishoukaze - Female
Daichi - Male

We are also reminded a few times of Kouga and Ayame, both of whom are wolf, or “ookami” youkai. Their pure blooded wolf youkai children are as follows.

Akiaka - Female
Kenichi - Male
Kenji - Male

Then of course we come to Shippo and Rin, both of whom are sort of considered Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru’s first-borns, respectively, although they are not listed as such above as these lists are solely for biological offspring. With Shippo being kitsune, and Rin being human, all of their children are kitsune-hanyou, and from an adoptive point of view, their eldest were Inu/Kag’s and Sess/Kagu’s first grandchildren.

Hikaru and Noboru - Fraternal Twins, Both Male
Hinata - Female
Kotone - Female
Sora - Male

Now onto biological grandchildren and great-grandchildren…

Here’s where it gets a little more complicated. I’ll list each child in order as they appeared in their individual family lists above, continuing along their family lines to recap whatever additional generations were briefly mentioned in the story, before continuing on to the next child. Once again, I’ll start with Inuyasha and Kagome’s children first.

Kazuki mated/married Emi, making their children uniquely the grandchildren of both Inuyasha and Kagome, as well as Miroku and Sango. Because Kazuki lacked the ability of his father to become fully youkai, he and Emi produced one-quarter inu, three-quarters human offspring. They are as follows.

Izumi - Female
Mayu - Female
Riku - Male
Shin - Male

We learn in the latest chapters of the story that all four siblings eventually found mates. Izumi mated a fellow quarter-inu of a different breed, Mayu mated a fire-hanyou, and both Riku and Shin mated/married human women. Names are not given, and specifics regarding children are not listed, although I did hint in the last chapter that at least some of their children are already mated with children of their own, as Kazuki is mentioned as having great-grandchildren.

Now back to Inuyasha and Kagome’s second-born twin daughters. Where the story leaves off, it’s revealed that Minako may have finally met her match. The woman I listed as “Amrita Patel” is a full-blooded hedgehog youkai from India. Even though her name is not Japanese, I still did some mild research, and “Patel” is a fairly common surname in India, while the name “Amrita” means “immortal”. It was mentioned briefly throughout the story that Minako loved to travel, so in the last chapter I made quick reference to how she met Amrita while in India. However, she and Amrita are obviously not mated, in the official sense, nor will she and her partner be producing any offspring. Minako’s twin sister Miyako, on the other hand, was once mated and married to a human man by the name of Yoshi. Yoshi’s parents’ names were never given. Once again, because Miyako is hanyou, she and her human mate/husband produced one-quarter inu, three-quarters human children. They are as follows.

Sachiko - Female
Hideyoshi - Male
Daisuke - Male

Once again, I made sure to at least mention in passing how these three children eventually found love, though I didn’t go into specifics. Sachiko mated/married a human man, Hideyoshi mated a full-blooded panther youkai, and Daisuke was also listed as having a “partner”, this time human, though like his aunt, he too remained officially unmated.

Kenta, as we’ve seen very recently, finally acquired his own mate, as well, having mated/married the human woman he met in semi-modern-day Los Angeles, named Aki. Aki’s mother’s name was listed as Kiku, and later, her late father’s name was revealed as having been Takashi, hence the name of her third child and (so far) only son. Where the story leaves off, Kenta and Aki had the following children.

Misaki - Female
Mizuki - Female
Takashi - Male

Where the story leaves off, none of these three-quarters human, one-quarter inu pups had found any mates of their own yet, but they are all still fairly young, the eldest being only approx. half a century old, so there’s plenty of time for them to eventually meet their life-mates.

Katsuo mated a full-blooded inu-youkai of a different blood-clan, that lived under Sesshoumaru’s employment in the West. Her name was listed as Kasumi, though no other records regarding her family line were revealed. They have so far produced a single child, who is three-quarters inu, one-quarter human.

Masaru - Male

Not yet mated.

Tarou also mated a full-blooded inu-youkai of a different blood-clan, that had been living under Sesshoumaru’s employment in the West. Her name was listed as Mai, and while I never previously stated one way or the other, Kasumi and Mai are of no relation to one another. Their single child to date is also three-quarters inu, one-quarter human.

Haruto - Male

Not yet mated.

Michiko mated a full-blooded neko-youkai named Nekorou, who was revealed as being the older brother to the female neko Nekobi, who first appeared as an extra during the battle against Daikomaru, before she became slightly more regular in her role as Sensei for Rin.
So far, where the story leaves off, Michiko and Nekorou also have only one child, who is one-half neko, one-quarter inu, one-quarter human.

Mami - Female

Not yet mated.

As for Inuyasha and Kagome’s last daughter, and last ‘adult’ child, Manami is briefly mentioned in passing as having mated/married a human man by the name of Haru. We’re never fully introduced to this character or his origins, nor are we properly introduced to their single child, who is yet again three-quarters human, one-quarter inu.

Junrou - Male

Specifics on Junrou’s love-life are never mentioned one way or the other.

As for Inuyasha and Kagome’s last child, their youngest son Susumu, he is still only a small child where the story leaves off, so his future remains optimistic, but unknown.

Moving on to Miroku and Sango’s grandchildren, we can skip Emi as she is already listed above as being Kazuki’s mate. Next in line is their only son, Kichiro.

Kichiro mated/married a butterfly-hanyou named Chouko, who was born in their village. Her parents were listed as a human father named Hideki, and a butterfly-youkai mother named Etsuko. It’s mentioned in passing that Kichiro “wasted no time with fathering his share of little quarter-butterfly angels”, and references to their children are tossed out in other chapters as well, but we are never directly introduced to any of them, and none of their names are ever listed.

Both Aiko and Megumi are only mentioned in passing as having married human husbands, keeping up the tradition of the Taijiya with their children. Quantities of children and grandchildren remain unspecified, and no names, including the husbands, were ever listed.

As for Kohaku and Kaori’s two children, Yuudai and Satomi, once again specifics were not given, but both children eventually married human partners, and also kept up the family traditions of the Taijiya.

Now onto Sesshoumaru and Kagura’s biological children. Where the story leaves off, Suishoukaze and Daichi are both still courting their chosen, pure-blooded inu future mates. There is no hurry, after all. So eventually, Sesshoumaru and Kagura will be blessed with some quarter wind, three-quarters inu grandchildren, but not quite yet.

Shippo and Rin, on the other hand, are listed as having some grand-kits and great-grand-kits, courtesy of their eldest, mated children.

Hikaru mated a fellow kitsune hanyou by the name of Hoshi. Hoshi is briefly introduced to us as being born from a kitsune mother named Aina, and a human father named Gorou. She and Hikaru have two children, who are also kitsune-hanyou.

Natsuko and Natsuki - Identical Twins, Both Female

Both girls are also briefly mentioned as having mated pure-blooded kitsune, producing quite a few great-grand-kits for Shippo and Rin. Specifics on the various three-quarters kitsune, one-quarter human kits are never mentioned, but it’s implied that there are a lot of them.

Hikaru’s twin brother Noboru is revealed as having developed feelings for Akiaka, Kouga and Ayame’s first born and only daughter. These feelings are shown to be returned, and the two are listed as having “finally” mated. So far, it’s confirmed that they have produced at least one child, Kouga and Ayame’s “first granddaughter”…(really their first grandchild altogether) who is never named in the story. Her blood ratio is one-half ookami, one-quarter kitsune, and one-quarter human. I hinted in the last chapter that she has siblings, as I make mention of Noboru and Akiaka’s “eldest daughter”, but the details regarding possible siblings are never posted.

Shippo and Rin’s eldest daughter, Hinata, was originally in love for a time with a human man by the name of Ryou, although he was never made aware of Hinata’s hanyou status, and as a result the two were never mated. A new love is revealed for Hinata in the second to final chapter, although the pair are not yet mated when the story ends. A more positive outlook can be presumed for their future, however, as Yori is aware of youkai, and accepts Hinata as a hanyou.

Neither Kotone nor Sora had found their life partners by the time the story ended, although the two are both still fairly young, from a youkai’s perspective. They have plenty of time to find their chosen ones, whomever they may be.

Of Kouga and Ayame’s children, their eldest, Akiaka, as mentioned above, eventually mated Shippo’s second born, Noboru. Their two son’s, Kenichi and Kenji, on the other hand, are not yet mated by the end of the story. Though, there again, they are both still extremely young, especially being pure youkai. It’s safe to assume that their lives will not remain loveless forever.

Well, I believe that covers everyone, but if I did somehow manage to forget somebody, please let me know, and I’ll be sure to make the correction ASAP.

For a visual cross-reference to the names listed above, don’t forget to check out the JPG of the Family Tree I have attached to this story.

Note: If your browser compacts the image, which makes it nearly impossible to read, your cursor should appear as a magnifying glass in order to enlarge it to its full-screen size for proper viewing.