InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Machine 2 ❯ And it's me, I know I know my Name ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Thank you all, so much for reviewing.

I’m sorry, my computer’s been down, so I haven’t had a chance to update.

But the good news is this isn’t a note telling you that I’m not updating! Ya!!!!!

So here’s the next Chapter in Midnight Machine, enjoy!


Midnight Machine

Chapter 7

As you remember Kagome was having one **** of a day. Crazy agents, crazy principles, crazy teachers…

Maybe she was crazy.

The good news was for her, was that it was finally lunch. And no, this isn’t going to be like one of those fairy tales, where the girl forgets her lunch money and then the guy comes and pays for her lunch out of the goodness of their hearts…

Because honestly, I’m pretty sure that DOESN’T happen in real life. I actually forgot my lunch money the other day, and NO ONE cared in the least bit, I mean, seriously, I didn’t have time to eat my breakfast so I grabbed a banana, and as I as walki-

You don’t really care, do you?

Anyways, our young Kagome was walking down the halls with her new study buddy Inuyasha…


Uh huh!

This my ****beep*****!

All the girls stomp your feet like this!

Inuyasha led her to the cafeteria, and she clung to the back of his backpack like it was a safety float and she was lost at sea.

Once they had safely navigated through the crowd he led her over to the line to get some food, and guess who was waiting for them!

She has long straight black hair that would make a crow jealous,

And she can’t spell.

Three guesses who.

If you guessed Kikyo, you won absolutely nothing. But yes, she was there with all of her little friends.

“Inu Sweetie-Pie-Muffin-Cakes! Come here!” She called over to him, while quickly turning to one of her friends for a breath mint.

Kagome suppressed the urge to mention that she’d probably need more than one.

Kikyo noticed Kagome’s smirk and spat at her feet, “What’s funny Higarashi, look at your face again.” Oh yes, Kikyo’s so original.

“Nope, just got a long hard look at yours.” She retorted, while trying to keep her voice as calm as possible, she could have sworn she heard Inuyasha snort, but the next moment she heard him in a coughing fit.

“Com’ on. Line’s down here.” He said while tugging at her arm, trying to get away from the Spelling Bee Queen.

“So… I’m guessing, by your shoes, shirt, backwards hat, and the fact that your holding a Scateboard on your backpack, that you hang with the Skaters?” Kagome asked him, trying to strike up a conversation.

“Wow. Nothing gets by you does it?” He said sarcastically, keeping his eyes locked on the people in front f him.

“Look, like I said before. If you want to be a butt, then I’ll find my way around, by myself.”

“Like you would last.” He said smirking while still looking ahead.

She scoffed, “I’d last longer than you.”

“Girl, I GO here. I’ve been GOING here for the past 2 o 3 years.”

“Well, I KNOW I can find my way around without your sarcastic help thank you very much!”

“Oh yeah?”

“YEAH!” She shouted back at him. He had now turned to face her at the two were starting to make.. A scene.

“You’re so stubborn little girl, you couldn’t even make it with someone like me anyways!” He shouted at her.

“Oh yeah!”

“YEAH!” He yelled back.

“I bet I CAN! AND I WILL!’

“Fine! For a week. I stick with you, YOU STICK WITH ME!”

“FINE!

“FINE!”

They both let out a huge long breath, and crossed their arms, and looked away.

Wait.

Wait.

What?

Kagome couldn’t speak. She couldn’t move.

What?

How did the tables turn like that?

What did she agree to?

I mean, first they were yelling how she couldn’t make it by herself, so how did she end up yelling that she would stick with him for a week?

How could she? She had work to do, labels to sign, songs to sing!

She couldn’t sit there and stick with a.. a Inuyasha!

She stole a quik glance to the side, and considered for a fleeting moment of calling it off. But when their gazes locked, she knew she was going no where.

She looked around the cafeteria to the hoards of people. All talking, all laughing, all yelling, and so on.

The thunderous roar made it hard to think clearly. The tables were packed. It didn’t seem like there was a place for them to sit, but Inuyasha made a quick gesture with his hand signaling her to follow.

He lead her through the crowds of people, and they seemed to part for him.

He lad her all the way to the middle of the Cafeteria, to a table that was obviously full of skaters.

“Look, I don’t know who you usually sit with, but the Preps are over there.” He casually pointed to a couple tabled down where a bunch of Cheerleaders and Jocks were sitting around talking and giggling and flirting.

She stared in disgust (no offi.!) “Excuse you!” She said whipping her head in his direction. “You couldn’t PAY me to sit over there! I think Ill take my chances here.” She said, while setting her tray down right next to Inuyasha.

Before he could say anything she took a large bite of her sandwhich and started to talk to the other Skaters.

‘How could this girl be fitting in with this crew? I just.. Doesn’t make any sense.’

Poor, poor Inuyasha…

So confused… so blind.

******************************************

I am sooooo sorry!

Our house was under reconstruction, and the computer was down.

And ythank you so much to those of you who kept reviewing, I hope this chapter provided justice1

As for my other one, I am having a huge writer’s block, but I’ll try to get another chapter up soon!