InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Machine 2 ❯ Seawater ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Midnight Machine

Chapter 6

So sorry you guys! I didn’t even realize I downloaded the same chapter twice…

Anyways, here’s the real 6th Chapter!


“Well… here we are. Room 906. Mrs. Seawater.” He opened the door for Kagome as she looked at him suspiciously.

He raised an eyebrow, “What? Can’t a person be polite?”

“Ya. A person can. You, I don’t think so… not unless there’s something for you in it.”

He couldn’t understand it. She just kept surprising him. Here she was, in her frilly little outfit, with this attitude. It was so…

Her.

Let’s just say, right now, she looked anything BUT the part.

And she kept snapping back at him. And every time he mocked her, or insulted her, she almost looked surprised. Like no one had done that to her before.

Strange.

“Thanks for the encouragement.” He managed to sputter out.

“Your very welcome.” She walked through the door to come into contact with a very, unusual scene.

The room was painted an aqua blue color, and fish and ocean critters lined the walls.

Then there was Mrs. Seawater herself. Her attire consisted of a very loose, fun outfit, a blue beaded top, and a green skirt with beads admonishing that as well. It seemed her outfit matched the walls almost perfectly. She wore big glasses, with a beaded string a attached to them.

She seemed to give off the impression of “I’m nice, until you make me mad.”

But she gave Kagome a warm smile and immediately walked over to her, “Why hello there. You must be… Kikome? Am I right?” Kagome answered with q nod of the head while she continued, “Well, I am delighted that you are in my class, and I hope you don’t think I’ve lost all of my marbles.”

Kagome looked up at her, and let out a laugh.

“Well, I believe Inuyasha will show you to your seat.” The woman gestured to the silver headed boy behind Ka- Kikome.

“This way.” He said in a monotone voice pushing past her.

“Such enthusiasm. It’s a wonder why he still isn’t in the second grade.” She muttered to herself.

“Here’s you seat,” He whispered, pointing to the empty desk next to, what she presumed to be his desk.

“And I heard that.” He hissed at her while she took her seat. She stuck out her tongue at him, and turned her attention back to the teacher.

“Today class,” She began in a mysterious tone, “We will be studying the legend of Harachi.”

The lights in her classroom began to dim.

“I thought you said this was science class!” Kagome murmured to Inuyasha.

“It is.” He replied back.

Kagome was lost. What was this? Some kind of sick joke? Wasn’t Science calss supposed to be about… Science?

Not about legend and myths!

What the heck was going on!

“There was a ring made… the ring was meant to devistate the World of the Free people. But with the ring, came another, a jewel. The Harachi… or in our language the Shikon No Tama.” She explained with a heavy French accent when she said the name of the jewel.

“Both the ring, and the Harachi were lost though, in a Battle that know one can seem to recall… And now, you can by replicas of both for 5.95.”

She ended her tale with a sigh.

“Now, as you know, there probably was no ACTUAL guy who wanted to take over the Free People, or anything like that. But you take that story, and take out the facts.

First, there probably were two leaders or separate peoples, one of which called themselves the ‘Free Peoples.’ And they both probably owned a ring and jewel that held great personal importance to them. And thirdly, there probably was a battle, and by the story, you can hopefully already guess who won. Ms. Kagome, would you like to tell us?” The teacher gave her a smile and a wink.

“The ‘Free Peoples’ ‘Mam, because of the point of view the story was told at. The way they said that the ring would cause destruction, and how the Ring leader wanted to take over, when it was most likely a battle from both sides, and I’m guessing that the Ring Peoples thought pretty much the same way about the ‘Free Peoples’.” Kagome finished, and took in a deep breath.

“Very good, very good indeed! Yes, well, you’re probably wondering what that has to do with Science,”

‘It’ like she read my mind.’ Thought Kagome, glancing at the teacher with a look of suspicion. Hey! Who knows what kind of Out-of-This-World powers teachers have…

Maybe they can shoot laser beams out of their eyes.

“Well, I would tell you, but unfortunately, we seem to be out of time.” Mrs. Seawater explained, and sure enough, only moments after she said that, the bell rang.

‘Jeez, she didn’t even look at the clock. Creepy.’ Once again, thoughts filled Kagome’s head.


*()*()*()*()*()*()*()*()*()*

Well, I hope you enjoyed1

I would really appreciate reviews, and I need your suggestions on this:

Should I have Kagome sing at lunch?

(not blow her cover, but sing.)

Yes or No?

So sorry about Hostage Situation.. I'm having this writters block, so plz review and suggestions are welcome!

Sobao