InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Machine 2 ❯ The Queen Bee, and the riches ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
This one goes out to twinsnake1604! thank you so much for reviwing! I hope you guys enjoy!

Midnight Machine

Chapter 5

“New Girl. Pssst! Hello, I’m talking to you!”

Kagome heard a voice calling out to hear in a hushed whisper. She turned her head slightly to see the girl beside her leaning close to her.

“I want you to get something perfectly clear, I am the queen of this school, which means I rule.”

“I know what the defenition of Queen is, though I never expected to see you be one.”

“I’ll ignore that because you’re new. Anyways, since I am the head cheerleading Captain, the most money in the shool,” Kagome had to supress a snort.

‘I highly doubt that.’ She thought to herself.

“AND I’m going out with the hottest guy here, I guess that makes me the supreme ruler, and as such, I will expect you to follow my rules while here. First off, my guys are OFF LIMITS,”

‘She talking about people like they’re little possessions that can be owned… But I suppose when you have money, and lots of it, people are willing to give up their freedom…’ Kagome thought while slightly shaking her head as a response to the girls comment.

“Also, I expect you to be poilite to me, and my friends,”

‘Only if you are.’

“And last, I must warn you not to get in my way. And if you play your cards right, maybe you can be one of my apprentices.” The girl finished with a proud smile on her face.

Kagome started coughing violently trying to hide her laughter.

‘APPRENTICE???’

“And as first order of business, I want you to hand this note over to the boy next to you. No communication is needed, just give it to him.” She hadn’t even bothered to fold the note for privacy, so Kagome got a good look at when she took it from the girl’s hands.

The teacher seemed totally oblivious to the conversations and note passing in the back of the classroom. Kagome was about to refuse, but thought better of it.

‘Best not make mortal enemies on the first day of school. Maybe the second, but not the first.’

She regretfully took the note and looked at, while slowly turning in her chair to hand it to Inuyasha.

Dear Inu baby,

Pleez join me at lunch at the kool table. My friends and me willl be waiting for yoo. Maybe we can do some stuff after skool to, if yoo want too.

*wink, kiss*

Loove,

Your won and onlee Kikyo

Kagome just snickered at placed the note on Inuyasha’s desk, at lighting speed before turning back to the chalkboard. It seemed that spelling and grammar had not been one of “Kikyo’s” top priorities in school.

The teacher had already started on something completely different then what they had been working on five minutes ago. She tried as hard as she could to understand what he was talking about, but it seemed that Kikyo had successfully taken her attention away from the board long enough for her to be utterly confused.

She felt a tug on her left shoulder, and turned to see Inuyasha giving back the note from Kikyo.

She glanced at it and smiled, for a response had been written on it just beneath her writing,.

Not even in your wildest fantasies… but good luck in finding someone else, cause you’ll need a whole lot of it.

She pleasantly handed the not back to Kikyo, and she heard Kikyo’s loud “Hmph!” and mutterings of “he’s just playing hard to get, he really wants me, but is afraid to show it.”

But not another word was said until the bell rang, 15 minutes later.

Kagome stood up, straightened her outfit, and started putting all of her books and pencils back.
She started to leave until a voice called out to her.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Inuyasha asked roughly.

“Away from you. It’s obvious that you don’t want to help me, so I’ll ask somebody else for help.”

“Look here girly, if I don’t help you, I’LL get in trouble.”

“Not my problem. Maybe you should have thought of that before treating me like scum.”

With that she started to once again, and when she reached the door she added, “How about this, I’ll ask somebody else for help, and then get this, you can take the credit! How bout that?” She said cheerfully, as if she was talking to a three year old, before storming out of the classroom.

For a while, she was lost amidst a sea of students, all rushing and talking and yelling. Books that had unfortunately fallen out of people’s bags, were being kicked around, and poor Kagome, seemed to be in the middle of it all.

“Comere.” A voice said as her arm was yanked towards an opening in he mass of people.

Once outside it, she realized it was once again Inuyasha who had come to her aid.

“What were you thinking?”

“I was thinking I was going to my next class.” She said in a smart tone.

“And how did you plan to do that? Magically appear in the next classroom? You don’t even know where it is!” He retorted angrily.

“And that would be were the supposed guide would come in, but since I’m being such a pain, I think I’ll just wander around aimlessly until I find it. Kay? Anything else?”

Inuyasha couldn’t think of anything to say. A couple of times he tried, but nothing came out. Just a couple of gargle noises that sounded like someone spiting out water cause it tasted bad.

Fortunately, and unfortunately, she spotted Kikyo.

‘Hmm… which is better, Queen of the _____, or Inuyasha, Prince of Ego’s? Hmm.. I think I’ll take…’ She desperately thought, trying to decide before Kikyo disappeared in the crowd.

Coincedentially, she didn’t have to decide.
“Come on.” And with a pull of her arm, she was once again pulled through the crowd by Inuyasha.

“Next is Science, with Mrs. Seawater… try not to zone out a lot… she tends to pick on those who do. And whatever you do, DON’T try to…”

She never got to hear the rest because a thundering noise made it’s way to their ears.

“HOW COULD YOU!!!!!!! I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY BOYFRIEND!!!!! WHY WEREN’T YOU HERE YESTERDAY!!!! WHY WERE YOU TALKING TO THAT GIRL!!! YOU LIKE HER BETTER THAN ME DON’T YOU!!!!! DON’T YOU!!!!! WHY AREN’T YOU ANSWERING ME????!!!!!”

“And that would be Kagura. She’s actually not that bad once you get to know her, she’s just a little… possessive.” Inuyasha explained.

‘Why’s he talking all of a sudden?’ Kagome asked her self, trying to figure out why he made this transformation all of a sudden.

“MAYBE IF YOU WEREN’T ALWAYS TALKING TO ME, ALWAYS CALLING ME, ALWAYS IN MY FACE, NEVER GIVING ME MY PRIVACY, I WOULDN’T AHEV TO IGNORE YOU! BESIDES, AYAME IS JUST MY FRIEND1 THAT’S IT! NOTHING MORE! JEEZ!!!! GET A GRIP!!!! BESIDES, I CAN GO OUT WITH WHOEVER I WANT TO! I’M KOUGA!”

“And, as you have probably already guessed, that’s Kouga. Kikng of the Jerks. Jock, rich, popular, playboy. I would advise you NOT to talk to him.”

Kagome, for the first time that day, started to feel comfortable as she let out a laugh.

Inuyasha turned to look at her when she laughed, and showed her one of his rare smile, which she decided to return.

_____________________________________________________
*()*()*()*()*()*()*
I hope you liked it!

Tell me what ya think!