InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Machine 2 ❯ getting used to things. ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Midnight Machine

Chapter 4

This chapter goes out to Inus Girl, because she reviewed and gave me the suggestion of using Inuyasha as her guide.

SO, thank you thank you thank you…

I was actually giving up on this one…


Kagome was getting lost in her thoughts about what the new school would be like when a shadow loomed over her,

“Kikome?” An annoyed voice said.

She looked to her over to the empty seats next to her.

“Are you Kikome?”

“What are you talking about?” She looked up to find stunning amber eyes right in front of her face.

“Says here I’m supposed to escort a ‘Kikome’” He said in a bored tone while pulling out a sheet. Honestly, she was so caught up in staring at his eyes, she idn’t even pay attention to what he was saying…

Until he stuck a sheet of paper in her face that said “INUYASHA, PLEASE ESCORT NEW STUDENT KIKOME TO ALL OF HER CLASSES.”

“I’m sorry, I-” She saw Keade waving in the background franticly while pointing at her, her mind finally connecting the dots, “know exactly what your talking about. Hi. Sorry, I’m uh, Kikome, and uh…” She looked pat him to see Keade giving her a thumbs up. She smiled weakly.

“Stupid wench can’t even remember her own name.” He muttered while shaking his head.

The smiles, to say it nicely, was gone.

“What. Did. You. Call. Me?” She said dangerously low.

“I said, Supid. Wench. Can’t. Even. Remember. Her. Own. Name.” He said mimicking her, not at all afraid of her tone. Well, this was kind of new. No one, no one besides Sango, Miroku, and a few select people (her Mother and her Brother), even dared jock around with her like that, not that she was sure he was joking.
All of them were too paranoid. Like she would fire them, or have them beheaded or something because they joked around with her.

And instead of being insulted, she was oddly refreshed, but she was NOT going to just sit there and take it in, “Well, I guess ya better get used to it ‘cause your gonna have to chauffer me around all day.”

With that she stood up and got a good look at him. He had the total makings of a skater, though she new better than yto trust first impressions.

He had the black Vans, the baggy jeans, the red muscle shirt, covered by a black over shirt. The black wristbands, and to top it all off, the backward Black Baseball Hat.

And he looked at her, his immediate thought, “total prep.” But a prep, probably wouldn’t have said something like that to him. Ya she was pretty pretty, but all preps were the same three at his school. Best not get your hopes up too far.

“So, I’m supposing classes start at some point in the day?” Kagome asked, trying to break the awkward silence that had developed.

“Oh, yeah. Yeah, we should probably get to the first one… let’s see.” He pulled out her schedule out a folder that the office had given him.

“Uh… you have, 2A Helmer. Good. Me too, it’s a pretty small school, so finding your way around can’t be too hard, even for you.” He muttered the last part as they were walking out of the Office.

“I’ll let that one slide.” Kagome, I mean “Kikome,” said as she gave him a very very scary glare sideways.

“I bet you will.” He said smirking as she continued to walk by his side.

“What is ‘2A Helmer’?” She asked as they continued to take turns and twists and staircases.

“A classroom.” He answered.

“I figured. But what kind of classroom is it?”

“It’s like any other class room.”

“I know that. But what’s in the classroom?”

“A teacher, some students and desks.”
She was not getting anywhere with this guy. Maybe she wasn’t being clear enough for him, or maybe he was just trying to annoy her. She took the latter one.

“What does the teacher teach in 2A?” She tried again.

“A subject.”

“Thanks! Wow! I didn’t know that! Thank you for clearing that up for me!” She cried sarcastically while throwing her hands in the air.

“Your welcome.”

“I dislike you.”

“I know.”

Finally they arrived at the classroom, and she practically jumped inside.

“Yes. I’m the transfer student. I’m a crazed maniac, who would like to have her seat!”

That’s probably what she should have said, since that’s what she was feeling, but instead, once she got inside, she smiled at the teacher, who smiled back, who then turned to the class room and said,

“Class, this, I believe is the new student… Um…” The teacher gave her a questioning glance.

‘Shciutchzba! If only I had paid attention to that know-all arrogant jerk man eating flesh-’ her thoughts were cut off suddenly by a voice.

“Kikome.”

Kagome turned around to see the arrogant person himself.

“That is your name right? Kikome, I thought it would be more on the lines of Moronila or Dorkasha.”

“Wow1 Did you think of those all by yourself, or did they use that insult in Barney’s adventures Season Two?” Kagome shot back sarcastically.

“And, yes, I’m sorry for being rude, that is my name. Kikome.” She gave a smile at the teacher.

“Well, I’m Mr.Helmer, and I see that you alredy have a guide, so I guess all that’s left is for us to find you a seat.”
He looked around the classroom for an open seat. He seemed to have found one because he turned back to her and said,

“Ah, there’s one right back there. It’s between Kikyo, and your guide.” He said, helping her get a better idea of where to go by pointing.

“Thank you.” Was what she said, while Inuyasha snickered at the way she walked, while inside, the last thing she wanted to say at the moment was “thank you.”

‘Ya, thanks for pointing me in the direction of my turmoil, oh, an dthank you Inuyasha for making me feel so welcome by laughing at me because I’m in heels. In case your pee-wee sized brain probably hasn’t figured this out yet, but I don’t wear high heels often, and when I do wear them, it shows. And as for the rest of you, thank you for staring at me like I’m an alien life form from Mars, another sign of greeting from Oz.’

None of this, she decided to voice aloud. It’ll be hard enough getting through the day in high heels with her guide who turned out to be her worst nightmare, and that’s on a good day.

‘I never thought I’d think this, but I’m starting miss that boardroom, with the Contracts.’ And with that she took her seat in between Kikyo and Inuyasha.

….

The first part of class wasn’t so bad, I mean, if you didn’t mind being stared out, had spit wads thrown at you, having the girl next to you glare hole through your jacket, not be able to listen to the teacher because you were so distracted and have a boy named Inuyasha laugh at you and occasionally flick spit wads off you.

Mind you, the ones throwing the spit wads were the cheerleader girls in the front, who pointed at you and laughed.



Half an hour left, only half an hour left.

______________________________________________

so.. tell me what you think!

and plz r&r!

in the next chappie, the classroom night mare will finally end, only to have another begin, then it comes to lunch time...