InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Machine ❯ Discrimination Nation ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Midnight Machine

Chapter 4

(enjoy)


*recap*
"Inuyasha... my name's Inuyasha. You?"

"Kagome... Say, what's with the hair? It's silver, you would think that you were a-" She stared at him in shock as his hat fell off when he tilted his head sideways. "You're a... a..."

"Fu*k." He said hurridley as he shoved his hat back on to cover his ears.

"A demon." She finished while taking a defensive stance.

*on with the fic*

"What? Are you gonna shun me too? It wouldn't be the first time, and sure a hell isn't gonna be the last!* Inuyasha shouted angrily.

Kagome just glared at him," All my life, I've fought against your type... and now! You're in my HOME!"

"Well, you know what? My life hasn't been PEACHES either. Do you have any idea what it's like being a Hanyou!!!!????? A half breed?!!!???? Shunned by Humans because of my Youkai heritage, and Hated by Youkai because of my Human Blood!!!??? Forced to live in a stupid Camp becuase the Demons would kill me if I was out in the real World. You know what! I thought for once, just for once, that someone woldn't HATE me because of my Blood, but maybe because of my personality... what really makes you YOU! But obviously, in our society... that CAN'T and WON'T happen!!!!!!!" It seemed as if Inuyasha was pouring out his very soul to her, like he was telling her everything he wanted to tell the world... right here, right now.

But after his speech, he turned around and slammed the door behind him after he left her house.

Kagome dropped down to the floor. All her life, she had fought the Demons, they were the enemy. And really, who could blame her? She was Human, they killed her poeple and stuck the survivors in Camps, to live like Robots... in Captivity. She never knew there was such a thing as a Hanyou. it's not that she didn't like him... but the times... she was the Commmander of the Human Army of Ekoshi Goddammit! What was she supposed to do?

Discriminating, because of heritage, origin... she always hated it... but she honestly never met a Youkai who didn't try to put her people in captivity... She was raised to believe that all Youkai were bad...

But then she got to thinking, about what Inuyasha had said... His life.... it must have been Hell. The Youkai would despise him and want to rid him of their race, while the Humans would shun him and spit on him because he was part Demon. He didn't fit anywhere... Half man, half Demon.

She felt like crap. All the other times she letout her rage against the Demons, they never made her feel like this. She was supposed to hate them, and vice versa. But what about him... maybe, he was right? Maybe, just maybe, it's not your heritage that matters.... it's you. And, in Martin Luther King's words, "That we may one Day live in a Nation, where we will NOT be judged by the color of our skin (origin in this case), but by the content of our character."

She looked up, she felt like a moron. This wasn't her. This was Kikyo... she would give him, and the Demons a chance, a chance to prove her wrong about them. Only the other Humans wouldn't take the time of day to get to know one. But she would, she would.

And she felt like an idiot for not doing so... it owuld take time, and effort to get rid of the Prejidice that she was taught, but she would try to see...

With that thoguht she stood up and went in search for the Hanyou to find him sitting high in a tree, the Goshinki Tree (not the one by her house in the show).

She looked up at him.

He just turned his back to her and yelled, "GO AWAY!"

She said to him, "Please... please come down," he leapt to the ground and stated,

"What? Come back to tell me how worthless I am?"

"Look, There's something you should know about me.. I'm Kagome... Princess Kagome of Ekoshi. I'm the Commander of the Human Army," his eyes widened in shock, "Look, I'm sorry... you're right. Even if Humans win this war, when we take over, if we ever do, we'll probably just do the same thing to the Youkai race. The only way, we can EVER get past this, is by letting go of our differences... and learn to accept. I'm really sorry, but you have to see that i was brought up in an enviornment where we fight the Demon Race. But now, I see your right, no one should be judged by their Race, but by "the content of their character". And I was wondering.... if you could find it in your heart... to give me another chance?" She held out her hand as he stared at her, for four long minutes, as if searching her soul for deceit.

He couldn't believe it... Princess Kagome... the leader of one of the last Human military forces... wanted to make peace...with him? She admitted that she was wrong... He never, NEVER, expected her to say that. Never... but maybe, maybe he could give her a chance...a chance to prove him wrong about people...

And as he grasped her hand, they both knew... that a chance was all they needed.


************************************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~*****************************

tell me what you think!

please R&R!

Sobao