InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Machine ❯ How to Use a "Key" ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Midnight Madness

Chapter 3

I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters (or other Stars), and I do not own songs that other people have written, and therefore I shall not take credit and here by be accused of plagerism by the law...

Sobao


They led the Prisoners into the Daylight, something they hadn't seen in quite a while.

"It burns!!!!!!!!!" Sango cried out as a joke. Kagome started to smile, something that she had thought would be lost for a long long long long long time.

"My retna!" She also wailed. Both of them went into a fit of hysterics before being rudely pushed into a town. When someone would come in and look at the surroundings they would see a "nice" little town... with barbed wire all around it. The guards led the group of people into the town while pointing out certain things, like the Grocery Store, the Hital, ect.

When Kagome was walking she noticed one perticular person that stood out, he had eyes, the color of amber... They showed no fear, only anger, but if you looked deeply you could see pain...

A guard decided that that would be the perfect moment to stop and jerk her in the direction of her new "home". He handed her a key, with a glare and then left with the rest of the group...

When she looked around she noticed someting strange, the technology the atmosphere the shape of the homes, everything was low tech. I mean when was the last time they used barb wire fences? The 20 first century????? And what was with the houses...

She took the key and stared blankly at it for about five minutes... Now what the Heck was she supposesd to do with this peice of scrap metal. She brought it closer to her face as she stared at it, trying to figure out it's purpose.

The next series of events seemed to happen in slow motion. As a towtruck passed by carrying 8 "cars", the chain snapped, causing the cars to roll of the ramp with incredible speed. They started their deadly course towards the young girl examining her key.

She quickly looked up intime to see the cars and as her footing came into position to jump out of the way, a hand made it's way around her waist and pulled her out of the way.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!!????" A voice yelled from behind her.

"What are you talking about?" Kagome asked.

"YOU COULD HAVE BEEN..." The voice stopped as the person realized their positions. They were on top of a building, his hand around her waist and her back pressed against his chest.

"Well, I'm getting down now." The girl said as she tore away from his grasp.

"And how are you going to do that? Fly?" A sarcastic voice said from behind her.

And she jumped, jumped (DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!) 2 stories down, but she was a Miko, and has been trained in the Arts of Higamaki so in other words, she was fine.

"Something like it." She answered fro the ground.

"Hold it." The man was suddenely in front of her. She looked up to see amber eyes, the same eyes she had seen before... A man with long silver hair, stunning eyes, and tan skin was standing in front of her. He was well built it seemed and he was wearing baggy blue pants and a red muscle thing.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"Who are you, wench?" Oh, he probably shouldn't have added that side note. She instantly brought shoved him away and said, "Never, I mean NEVER call me that."

"What's your problem?" He asked running up to catch her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that people here LIKED to be insulted!" She said with a forced smile.

"Jeez, woman chill." She stared at him blankly. Chill? What the heck was that supposed to mean?

"Chill...?"

"Ya, chill. Calm down, take it easy, lean back, enjoy life, smell the-"

"Okay, okay. Chill."

"So... what were you doin' over there?" He said as he pointed over to her "house".

"Trying to get into my new "home", but all they gave me was this peice of metal." Syhe took out the key and showed him the metal. To her surprise he started to laugh.

"And what is so hilarious? Care to share?"

"It's just, that this is a key."

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" She started to laugh so hard her sides were splitting open, until she saw the look on his face, Oops. He was serious.

"Look, I know what a key looks like, and that," she pointed towards the "key", "is NOT a key."

"Come here. Look." She hesitantly followed.

"See, it fits inhere like this, and," *click*" there ya go. It's like 'Abara Cadabara' without the magic."

Kagome just looked at him like he was nuts.

"Oi. You gotta probelem?"

"Well, that's a little old school, I mean real Old School." She said while taking the key from him and walking into her newfound shelter.

"What the heck is that suppose to mean?" He said while following her into the room. It was small, very small. Small, dusty, and dark.

Kagome started to have a coughing fit.

"Where's the light switch?" He asked while covering his mouth with his arm.

"The what?" She asked while blindly roaming around.

"The light- oh never mind!" He said as he turned on a light.

"Who ar you anyways?" She asked while peering at the figure.

"Inuyasha... my name's Inuyasha. You?"

"Kagome... Say, what's with the hair? It's silver, you would think that you were a-" She stared at him in shock as his hat fell off when he tilted his head sideways. "You're a... a..."

"Fu*k." He said hurridley as he shoved his hat back on to cover his ears.

"A demon." She finished while taking a defensive stance.

********************************************************** *******************

_*_*_*_*_()_*_*_*_*_

Please Read and reveiw! Like always!

How will Kagome react? How will Inuyasha take it? Who knows, except me... MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sobao