InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miroku's Lyric ❯ Session Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

He walked across the parking lot, his hands tucked into the pockets of his baggy jeans. He looked around for any signs of another person in the area, before heading over to one of the cars.

'Red Jag, Naraku's gonna love this,' he said to himself, running his fingers across the smooth surface of the car, his violet eyes flashing.

He pulled his hood over his head, ducking down and pulling out a small object from his pocket and sliding it into the keyhole, jingling it around before opening it, causing the car alarm to go off. He didn't run, but quickly jumped inside, picking up his crowbar and working it under the dashboard until a box ripped out. He threw the alarm out of the window, working the wires under the dashboard. Receiving the sound of the car engine, he pushed the stick shift, turning the wheel and exiting the car lot.

Sirens were heard from behind. "shit, the cops!"

He swerved left, completely ignoring the stop light, or the truck turning the corner at the same time…

*

*

*

Re: A drop of Golden Sun

*

*

*

He looked around. "Yes!"

He grabbed his clothes from the closet, quickly slipping them on. He pressed his ear against the door, listening for the sound of anyone outside. Smirking, he opened the door.

"Well, I see you're up early."

He jumped back, taken aback by her sudden appearance. Unfortunately, he hadn't caught his balance in time, and ended up hitting his head on the end of a nearby chair.

"What the hell are you doing here, bitch?!"

"Well first of all, my name's not "bitch", it's Kagome Higurashi, and I'm you're nurse."

"Don't tell me I have to get another one of those freaking shots!"

"Nope!" Kagome replied, "That's not for another hour, right now, breakfast." She rolled the cart into the room. He looked at her oddly.

"I don't eat hospital food," Inuyasha said sternly. She looked up from the cart, the smile still evident on her face. She sat on the side of his bed, lifting the clipboard off the rim and reading over it.

"Inuyasha, is it?"

"Got a problem with that?"

"Age?"

"…Nineteen."

"Date of birth?"

"November fifth, 1986."

"Blood type?"

He shrugged. "Don't know."

"That's okay," Kagome replied, "we can figure that out right now…" She pulled out something from her pocket. Inuyasha backed up. "What are you doing?!"

"I'm going to draw your blood so I can find out your blood-"

"Touch me with that and I'll break your arm."

***

"That was lovely Miroku!"

"Play us another one!"

"Maybe another day," Miroku said, setting down his guitar, "You two should be getting home, especially you Rin. You know your father doesn't like you hanging around with strangers."

"But you're not a stranger Miroku!" the little red-headed boy replied. Miroku patted the child on the head.

"I must go Shippo, it's lunch time," he replied, sending the two children off, "Now for a nice quiet lunch at my favorite restaurant… the hot dog stand."

He strapped the guitar to his back, picking up his belongings: a dirty hat full of coins, his trench coat, and a navy blue blanket that he had found draped over him when he had woken up. He looked at the tag. 'S.T.'

He noticed something glimmering on the quilt. He gently reached over to it and picked it up. It was a strand of deep brown hair, longer than his, and much cleaner. 'So it's a "her".'

He walked through the park, carrying his few possessions. 'Sakura? Sora? Shiori? Sayuri?'

He inspected the women passing by, looking at their hair compared to the strand in between his fingers. 'No… too curly… too straight… too long… too short… too light…'

Little did he know the woman he was looking for was right under his nose…

Literally…

"OOF!"

They both tumbled to the ground, Sango managing to land on the man in front of her. She lifted her head up from his chest, looking up into his deep violet eyes. "Oh! I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking were I was going and-"

"Are you *pant* alright?" he asked, his eyes never leaving hers. He inspected her for a moment, then noticed the name tag on her white lab coat.

S. Takahashi; M.D.

She inspected him for a moment. "You're… that guy from last night…"

"Then I guess you're 'S.T.'," he replied, "what does the 'S' stand for?"

"Um, Sango," she replied, "Yours?"

He passed her the blanket. "Miroku, Miroku Akamatsu."

Preview of Next Chapter:

Sango kneeled down in front of him. "I… had wanted to ask something Miroku. You don't seem like the type to be a drug addict, or too lazy to work…"

"Well, I'm glad you think that," he replied sarcastically.

"What I'm trying to ask is: Why are you out on the streets?"