InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miroku's Lyric ❯ Session Eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 .

.


Memoir of Kagome,


Do you ever wait for that moment, that moment where you finally grow up? When you're a child, you're always told "when you older, you'll understand."


I'm older, but I still don't understand...


...But that doesn't stop me from growing up.


.

.

.

.

.


Session Eight- Circumstance


.

.

.

.


She had never heard the city so quiet.


"You shouldn't have come," Inuyasha said softly, "you shouldn't have tried to find me."


Her eyes widened, looking back from him to the eye of the gun. He stared back at her, or more like through her as his finger hesitated to move to the trigger.


"Leave. Now."


She stood up defiantly. "Not without you."


"Godammit Kagome!" he yelled, "if you don't get the fuck out of here now they'll kill the both of us!"


"Inuyasha," she whispered, "if you don't believe what I said to you that day, on the rooftop..."


Kagome stood defiantly, pressing the gun against her neck, her eyes never leaving his. The other gang members watched from the shadows, knowing if their leader found out, they'd both die.


"If you don't believe me when I said I was your friend... then shoot me."


He took a step back, utterly suprised by her words. "Kagome... don't do this..."


"I'm not doing anything," she replied softly, "just you." Kagome remained standing before him, her arms folded across her chest. She watched him intently, waiting for him.


A gun shot was heard.


Both their eyes widened. Shards of glass fell behind the girl, pieces of window now just behind her feet. "Inuyasha..." she whispered, her voice coming out dry.


He threw the gun against the wall, listening to the echo as the weapon hit brick in aggravation. Everyone turned as the sound of police sirens rang in the distance, growing louder by the second.


"Leave. Now," he said sternly, his voice cold. She could only stare as he backed away, before turning and running back into the shadows.


'Inuyasha.'


.

.


***


.

.


"Well," Sango looked up, "we're here. It's not the Taj Mahal, but it's home."


Miroku smiled. "It's a home, that's all that matters."


She slid open the door. "Kohaku should be home from school soon. Make yourself at home." She dissappeared up the stairs.


He looked around, remaining in the doorway. 'Why was she so casual to let me stay? I feel... so out of place.' She'd been so nice to him, befriending him, taking care of him. He looked down at his clothes. Most of his clothing had become several shades darker than when he had got them, and were thread bare. 'But... it still feels like home...'



He was knocked out of his stupor by a loud knock on the door.


Miroku opened the door, only to be all but shoved against the wall, the visitor making his way into the house. Suddenly, the young man stopped, turning around. "Who are you?"


"I'm Miroku. May I ask who you are?"


He looked at the man in the doorway suspiciously. "Kuranosuke, Sango's boyfriend."


The two inspected each other, Kuranosuke speaking first. "You're her... friend? Relative...?"


"Friend...and tenant...?" Miroku replied cautiously.


"For how long?"


"Five minutes."


Kuranosuke scanned over him again, with an purposely unhidden look of disbelief, appearing ready to jump to the phone and call the police, thinking he was either crazy or some kind of serial killer.


"Kuranosuke?" Both men turned towards the stairway. Sango stood at the head of the stairs, her hair falling down her shoulders, her labcoat replaced with a casual sweater and jeans.


Kuranosuke spoke first. "Sango, we need to talk."




*** ---~~~




"Are you crazy? He could be some kind of murderer!"


She sat patiently at the kitchen table, her nails tapping against the table, one hand tucked under her chin in a bored manner, as the young man in front of continued to babble and lecture her, sticking her hand out in a yapping motion every time he turned around.


"Kuranosuke," she said calmly, "he is one of my patients and he is in need of assistance."


"That's what the shelter is for, Sango," her boyfriend replied in an annoyingly fatherly tone. She shook her head, crossing her arms over her chest.


"You know that the city doesn't care about the homeless. You haven't seen that place, the people there are threated like crap. House pets have better living condition. All the city cares about are the rich people who can give them money!"


"You exaggerate, Sango," he replied, "he's a bum. He's brought everything that's happened to him upon himself because he doesn't work for anything-"


"And you do?" She stood up, her eyes narrowing slightly. He wouldn't understand, he'd always been finacially secure in his father's money, his version of work being signing contracts and checks. He'd never know what it was like to work two jobs and still be penniless, to ever have his hands blister from a hard days' work.


He was silent for a moment, staring at her. He sighed, gently stroking her cheek. "I missed you."




***---~~~




He leaned back against the wall, his eyes half closed in an almost meditating state. Kohaku had long since come home, his textbooks and papers already scattered across the coffee table. Miroku could've sworn he could've heard the boy curse under his breath when he told him who was also here.


He turned his head towards the kitchen door as the two came out. Kuranosuke eyes him once again, as if remembering his face in case he had to describe it to the police. Sango looked over her shoulder towards Miroku, but he turned away at the last minute, going back into his medditation as her boyfriend gave her a kiss on the forehead, and went off.


Kohaku looked up. "He apologized again, didn't he?"


Sango nodded. "He still doesn't understand," she responded, then turned to Miroku, "I apologize for anything he might've done to offend you. Kuranosuke's just... like that."


Miroku looked up, shaking his head and giving a small smile."It's alright, really."


She looked at him questionably. 'Really...?'


.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


Preview of Next chapter:


I'm trying something new in the next chapter, it's going to show a deeper relationshop between two of the characters, and into the mind of one of thing. Think of it as a larger version of the memoirs at the beginning of the chapter. And I PROMISE it WILL be here in no more than two weeks. (If I don't get sick AGAIN)



PS: For you Kagura lovers, there's a one-shot made by be and my cousin, who goes under the name Frozen Angst that actually has a somewhat happy ending to Kagura's demise, and probably the best thing I've ever written, so I'm really proud of it. The one-shot is called Gifts. Summary: He watched as Kagura died in front of him. Now, months later, he must deal with the last gift from her.


Lil'Lyn713