InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miroku's Lyric ❯ Session Ten ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

9/25/04


Finally saw the last episode of Inuyasha. Still upset that the anime's over. I even remember the first time I had seen it, trying to catch YYH before I fell asleep when I saw it on the TV guide WAY back two years ago. I believe the first thing I said when it went off was: "What the freak is going on? Why did that guy have cat ears?" It took a few episodes before I finally got the gist of it, and then, eventually, become obsessed.


(And I mean, I was OBSESSED. My train of thought back then consisted of the following: Inuyasha. School. Inuyasha. Computer. Inuyasha. Money. Inuyasha. Sex. Inuyasha, etc. You get the gist.)


Then I meet these memorable characters: Inuyasha. Kagome. Shippo. Sesshoumaru. Rin. Miroku. Sango. Shippo. Kagura. Kikyo. Kouga. Aw hell, everyone. My favorite male characters are Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru, my fav females are Sango and Kagura (Whom, I'll probably fit into this fanfiction somewhere, just in loving memory of her).


Then I got into fanfiction, and that's when shit hit the fan...


-


-


-


-



Memoirs of Inuyasha...


I never really knew by father. I was raised by mother alone, since her so-called parents had disowned her because she had me young, fifteen to be exact. And my father had been a married man at the time- in a loveless marriage- but married all the same. She tried with all her strength to take care of me by herself, but I knew she wasn't strong enough, I saw her getting weaker everyday, and felt guilty for it.


My father died when I was nine, in a car crash, and I don't even remember what he looks like. I remember my mother sitting in front of the TV, I had just sat down next to her and I heard her sobbing next to me, it was the first time I had saw her cry. She had looked like she had just... given up.


Then, one day, she had woken up and thought it just wasn't worth getting up anymore...


I don't blame her at all.


_


_


Session Ten- Eternal Solitude


-


-



He'd known the warehouse. He'd been coming there almost everyday for almost ten years. He'd grown used to the darkness from lack of lighting, the ever present smell of gasoline, the either extreme heat or extreme cold, never comfortable temperature. It was what most would call his 'home'.


He cringed as he shifted his weight to his other foot, cursing at himself for getting himself into the predicament. His arms were strung above his head, the rusty chains digging into his skin, another chain tight around his neck. If his legs had given way any time within the two days he was bound, he would've hung himself. His eyes darted across the warehouse, trying to ignore the burning sensation from the gashes on his back.


"You still stand, Inuyasha," Naraku stated from the shadows, "I guess I underestimated you."


He didn't respond. The dark-haired man came out of the shadows, smirking victoriously. "You know the punishment for treason, Inuyasha. You are not to communicate with anyone other than those in the gang. Why you would risk your life for some candy striper? I had raised you since you were but a boy, scavenging the streets for food."


"Go to hell, Naraku," Inuyasha replied, "I'm through pushing your bullshit."


"That's a bold thing to say, considering the position you're in," Naraku sneered, picking up a small object off a nearby table, its humming ringing in his ears, "The saw was always your favorite, right?"


"They will turn on you Inuyasha..."


He bit back a scream as the razor hit his skin.


"They will not stay with you..."


'I'm sorry, Inuyasha. I'm wasn't strong enough to take care of you...'


"...They will not love you..."


'Mommy... mommy, please... don't leave me here alone...'


"But there is one thing you will always have..."


'If you don't believe me when I said I was your friend... then shoot me.'


"Your. Eternal. Solitude."


'Kagome...'


He gave a yelp as his body hit the cold floor. He cringed, his back burning and his legs refusing to move. A set of deep red eyes met his. "Had enough?"


Naraku cursed harshly, wiping away the spit from his face. "Have it your way. You know what the only way out of this gang is..."


He didn't even have time to scream as the knife went through his stomach.


-

-


'Eyes are lopsided. Body is way out of proportion. Too many eraser marks. Why do I even bother?'


Kohaku balled up the sketch and threw it aside, giving an irritated sigh as he browsed through his sketchbook, looking through his old drawings. 'Funny, when I first drawn them they're the Mona Lisa, then six weeks later they're garbage.'


He tossed the sketchbook to the side, leaning against the side of the house, looking out into the backyard. Sango wouldn't be home for several hours, Miroku was god-knows-where. He lay back on the porch, staring up at its ceiling, his papers spread out around him. "Alone once again..."


He felt at his left wrist, picking at the sweatband that covered it, his brows furrowing. He took off the sweat band, examining his wrist. 'Never again...'


"Ah, Kohaku?"


He sat up. "What? Where are you?"


"In the tree..."


He sighed, pushing himself up. Stepping off the porch, he eyed the older man suspiciously. Miroku looked at him with a slightly immature look to him, sitting almost weightlessly against the branch. He gave a lopsided grin. "I'm stuck."


Kohaku gave him a slight 'are-you-on-drugs' look. "You're kidding... right?"


"Nope," was his up front answer, "I sat in some tree sap and now I'm glued to the tree." Miroku removed the guitar from his back, passing it down to the younger boy. He pulled at his trench coat, trying to pry it off the sticky branch, nearly falling off in the process. He inspected the portion of the coat -most of which he had lost to the tree- frowning at the rip.


"You know," Kohaku stated, knocking the older out of his stupor, "for a guy whose lived off the streets, you don't seem to be able to take care of yourself."


"There are some things man cannot overcome, no matter how much expierience," Miroku replied, making his way down the tree, "sap is one of them."


Kohaku rolled his eyes, hiding his smile behind the guitar. Miroku brushed off his clothes, finally landing on the ground.


"Here," Kohaku said, passing the instrument towards him, turning away uninterestedly. "Well, what are you waiting for-"


Miroku was looking intently at his left wrist, which had been left uncovered when he took off the sweatband. The long pink and red scars stuck out from tanned skin, three going horizonally, and one long one going diagonally, half of which was covered by his long sleeve.


Kohaku panicked, shoving the guitar into the man's arms, jerking back his arm and shoving his hand into his pocket. Miroku remained silent.


The younger walked back to his sketches silently, gathering up his papers, feeling the older's eyes on him. Feeling his heart beating inside his chest, he slid open the shoji, his back turned away from the older man. As he prepared to close the shoji behind him, he heard Miroku behind him.


"It hurts that badly, doesn't?"


Kohaku was still for a moment before closing the shoji behind him. 'More than you will ever know...'



-

-



Kagome cursed herself mentally, looking down at her notebook. 'Damned homework.'


Her eyes wandered around the hospital cafeteria, slowly drifting away from the work before her, looking out the window. 'Inuyasha, where are you? It's been three days...' She closed her eyes, imagining his face, his eyes, his hair. 'He had hesitated when he pointed the gun at me. He seemed... lost.'


"Are you still thinking about him?"


She snapped out of her stupor, looking at the woman across from her. "Hey Sango," she replied, "and yes."


Sango gave her a sympathetic look. "He'll be alright, Kagome. If he's as strong as you say he is, he can take care of himself."


"I know, but..." she hesitated for a moment, "He's in a gang, Sango. I know he wants to leave, but... you know the only way to get out of most gangs is to die."


"Kagome, I-" Sango stopped, her eyes widening, turning towards the window, "Kagome. Look."


Kagome eyed her cautiously, slowly turning towards the window. She screamed, jumping up and heading towards the exit. She came back to the other side of the window. "Inuyasha? Inuyasha!"


Kagome ran to him, leaning down and grabbing at his shoulders violently, tears threatening to spill. Several deep gashes scarred his back, still bleeding heavily, his face and body were bruised and swollen from what seemed to be several beatings.


She felt him shaking as he tried to tilt his head up. He hunched over to the side, his body shaking as he started coughing violently, blood dripping down his chin.


"Inuyasha?"


He looked up at her with desperate eyes. "'Gome..."


His voice was hoarse. She inspected him worriedly. "Inuyasha... what's wrong?"


He hesitantly moved his hand away, his stomach covered in blood. She gasped, tears coming freely down the sides of her face. He collapsed in her arms, his own arms and legs finally giving way after days of abuse. She held him tightly, rocking slightly. He gave a light smile to her before falling into unconsciousness. 'As long as I can be with her... I'm happy.'


-


-


-


-


-



*shoji- Japanese sliding door


NOTE: I got an e-mail the other day (a fairly long one in fact). They had basically asked me straight out: "Why is there so much Inu/Kag if this is a Mir/San story?"


Unlike my other, finished works, everything and everyone is going to have a purpose. Every character has something that ties them to one another, whether they have a lot of interactions or not. I have all this Inu/Kag here to get it out the way, the next chapter is probably going to be the last chapter with real Inu/Kag in it for a while, they won't come back until somewhere after the climax, because they help with the resolution of the story.


Miroku and Sango, was before, is now, and always will be, the main pairing. The two just have this more profound relationship than the main pairing, which hints are dropped every step of the way. Their relationship is kicked to the side way to much, and the characters are so versatile, the two harmonize very easily.


Preview of Next Chapter:


Inuyasha is slowly recovering, and both Inuyasha and Kagome are forced to come to terms with each other as outside forces threaten to pull them apart.


Sango must rexamine her relationship with Kuranosuke as her and Miroku become closer. Meanwhile Miroku must overcome conflicts of his own...


-

-


Ja ne!