InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Misky Dreams ❯ Attacked ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Ok, you know what I don't own; this won't be going up any more in any of the future chapters.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Gone. That's what Sango had told Kagome in answer to her question. "He left the day you went back to your time. We haven't seen him since. But we've heard story of people seeing him all over the place moping around by himself. . .when they see him he's never with anyone."

That did it, now as Kagome lay under a blanket on the floor in Sango's and Miroku's hut next to Shippo she decided that the next day she would go looking for the hanyou. She wouldn't be able to search for long at first though, in two days she would have to go back to her time for her mom funeral.

The thought of the funeral and the death of her mother made the miko sigh heavily. After their grandpa had died she and Sota had been scarred for life. Life without their grandpa running around the house nagging at them about this and that, you know, the little things, was so different. They both hated it.

But now that their mom is dead Sota had practically no one. `If I take him away from the shrine to New York he was be all alone all over again. . .' Kagome thought as she remembered Sota telling her about his girlfriend and friends. `But if I come back here to live with Sota. . .I'll have to leave Hojo.'

Hojo. That was another issue she would have to deal with. Kagome was petrified that if she found Inuyasha her old feelings for him would return all over again. . . `Old feelings.' Kagome thought, knowing that wasn't true. Through all the things she went through and did with Hojo, he was always second in her heart behind Inuyasha. Kagome knew she still loved the hanyou, and she was fighting with herself to stop having that feeling. She was going to marry Hojo, not Inuyasha.

Again she started to think of calling off the marriage and coming home with Sota, leaving Hojo with all his riches. She might be able to tell Inuyasha how she felt if she did that. `Who am I kidding?' Kagome thought as her eyes danced around Sango's hut. `If I leave Hojo for Inuyasha it'll be for a lost cause, all Inuyasha loved about me was that I reminded him of Kikyo and that I was the `shard detector'.'

With the jewel in mind Kagome reached down her kimono and took out the jewel and looked at it. A wish was still yet to be made on it. `Maybe I should give it to Inuyasha when I find him. . .' Kagome thought. `He'll be happy then. . .he'll be able to wish Kikyo back. . .or become a full youkai if he still wants that. . .'

The thought of seeing the hanyou again started to eat away at Kagome's soul making all thought of sleep drift away from her. `I have to go and start looking now.' She thought as she stood up and grabbed her bow and arrows off a chair. `I can't take this anymore.'

Before leaving the hut Kagome grabbed one of Miroku's old hooded cloaks and wrapped it around herself and put the hood up. She wanted to be as unnoticed as she could while leaving the village. She took one last look back at Shippo before slipping out into the night.

~*~*~

Exhausted, Kagome leaned her shoulder against a tree. She had been walking for a while, and she was a good distance away from the village. "I got to keep going. . ." she said as she forced herself to take more steps into the darkness of the forest.

She heard a twig snap behind her. Turned around she came face to face with a dozen sets of red eyes and fangs dripping with venom. They were wolves, but not the normal kind she was used to seeing. She had heard Kaede telling stories about these kinds, they were known as Viper Wolves, and if the stories were true, Kagome knew she was in real trouble.

Slowly Kagome armed her bow with two arrows and started to back away from the wolves. ". . .leave me alone. . ." she let out a little cry as she fired the arrows at the wolves. When they struck the arrows exploded into a bright purple light, but it only took out the two wolves they hit.

The rest of the wolves made a great leap on Kagome, biting her legs and arms, spreading the poison from their fangs into her body. `I can't die. . .' Kagome thought as pain shot through her body. `. . .I can't leave Sota. . .'

"Back off you flea bags!" a voice rang.

Kagome felt the wolves being ripped off her. When she opened her eyes all she saw was a blur of red and white ripping through the wolf's bodies, it was Inuyasha.

After all the wolves were dead the hanyou started to walk away. Kagome dragged herself across the ground a little. "S-stop!" she screamed.

Inuyasha turned around and looked at her. "Listen lady I only did that because those damned wolves tried to kill me too the other day. You'll have to suffer out the poison on your own." He turned around and started to walk away again.

Kagome's eyes trembled, she felt numb all over; the poison was starting to take effect. With a small grunt she took her hood down. "Inuyasha! SIT BOY!" she screamed, her voice echoed throughout the forest. She watched as Inuyasha's face was drove down into the dirt. Satisfied, she rested her head on the ground and closed her eyes.

She listened to the hanyou stand up; she felt his eyes on her. She wanted to open her eyes and look at him, but she felt so weak. As she started to slip into the darkness of her own pain she felt a set of strong arms pick her up. That was it; she had to look at him.

With great pain, and with the last ounce of strength she felt she had left, Kagome opened her eyes. Inuyasha was looking at her; his golden eyes were fogged over. Was he sad? Angry? She couldn't tell, it was one of those looks that Inuyasha always got that puzzled her.

Kagome groaned and rose up her hand to one of Inuyasha's ears, she gave it one small stroke before she passed out.