InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Misky Dreams ❯ The Day I Drowned ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome walked through the forest a few meters ahead of Koga and Inuyasha with her hands behind her head. What a beautiful day it had turned out to be, the sun was shining, there was a small warm breeze that swept through the trees every few minutes, and every now and then Kagome would see little creatures running on the ground or jumping through the trees.

But one thing still haunted her thoughts; she could still see Kaori bursting into flames as she did in her dream. It was scary how Koga lost probably the only person in his life at the time that actually meant anything to him besides his wolves in a run of ten minutes.

`. . .I don't know what I'd do if I lost Inuyasha like that.' Kagome thought. Shivers when up her spine, she didn't even want to think about what it would be like to lose Inuyasha to death. . .it would be so horrible.

Behind the miko, Inuyasha kept his eyes on Koga. He was thinking about what he had heard Koga telling Kagome. He decided to let Koga know that he knew. "I heard you talking to Kagome this morning." The hanyou whispered.

Koga looked at Inuyasha in surprise. "You. . .did?"

"Yeah." Inuyasha looked over at the wolf youkai. "Sorry about what happened to your friend. I had no idea that's why you are so clingy."

Koga sweat-dropped. "You have no idea how to be nice do you mutt-face?"

"WHAT?! I tried didn't I?!" Inuyasha yelled, making Kagome turn around to look at the two.

"I wouldn't call that trying, asshole!" Koga yelled.

"Well excuse the HELL out of ME!" Inuyasha barked.

"Inuyasha, sit." Kagome growled under her breath. She watched as the hanyou's face met the dirt path. She then looked at Koga. What could she say? There was nothing she could do to make him fall to the ground. `Too bad.' She thought bitterly. `I think I need one for him.'

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Koga said as he cowered back a few steps.

"I'm wishing for a rosary set for you." Kagome answered as she turned on her heel and started to walk again.

"Kagome! Wait!" Inuyasha yelled from the ground. "You don't know where to go!"

"Going this way is fine enough until the two of you get your act together." Kagome yelled back at the hanyou.

Inuyasha stumbled to his feet, his ears twitching. He heard something. "Kagome stop!" h yelled. "Please, stop!"

Kagome stopped and looked back at the two. "What for?"

"Wait! No run!" Inuyasha heard the crashing of trees to one side of them. Something was coming.

"What? Inuyasha make up your mind!" Kagome yelled.

"Run Kagome!" Koga and Inuyasha yelled.

Too late, a large, black, snake-like creature with large bat wings and four legs with huge claws crashed out unto the path. It snatched Kagome up by the waist and flew off into the sky.

"Oh shit. . ." Kagome looked down. "HELP! Inuyasha!"

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled.

The forest was now almost completely out of view to Kagome. `Great. . .how am I going to get out of this one?' she thought to herself bitterly. She looked over at the head of the creature that had her. "HEY! What's the big idea?!" she screamed.

The creature answered by squeezing its claws into Kagome's side.

"Ah. . ." Kagome winced. `Thank Kami I got my backpack on.' She thought. `If I never I would have one of those claws down through my back. . .' Kagome's eyes widened. That was it. Her backpack. She had packed a large knife in with all of the food she had packed up.

`If I can only. . .reach it. . .' Kagome thought as she put her hands back over her head. She started to dig around into her backpack. She felt her finger glaze across something sharp. That was it! Slowly she hauled the large knife out of her backpack.

"You're going to let me go! NOW!" Kagome yelled as she drove the knife into the creatures foot.

The creature let out a long, painful cry and it dropped Kagome. "Ahhh!" Kagome screamed as she fell. She turned over in the air so that she could see the ground. She was going to land in a large pond. "THANK-YOU KAMI!" she yelled as she did a complete belly flop in the water.

Kagome floated there, face down in the water. . .motionless. All air that was in her lungs was forced out, causing her to lose all focus on where she was. She tried to breathe, but her body wouldn't let her, she couldn't even open her mouth. Kagome stared down into the darkness of the water, her eyes were making their own darkness as they started to close.

`I need to breathe. . .' Kagome thought as her mouth opened, allowing water to rush in. `I can't go on like this. . .air. . .I need air. . .'

When the water rushed into her mouth her body started to sink down into the darkness of the lake water. She slowly sucked the water in as she tried to breathe, soon after darkness took her over and everything left her mind.

~

"It dropped her just up here!" Inuyasha yelled back to Koga who was running just behind him.

"Well stop telling me about it! Run faster hanyou!" Koga yelled.

The two burst through the trees, they had come to a lake. "She landed here. . ." Koga said. He looked out towards the middle of the lake. The water had been stirred up and little ripples were swirling around as if something had sank. "Inuyasha! Look!"

Inuyasha had already seen it; he was already in the air. He dove headfirst down into the water. `Dammit, dammit, dammit. . .' he thought as he swam out towards the center of the lake.

There she was, slowly sinking towards the bottom. "Kagome!" Inuyasha cried. Air bubbles exploded from his mouth. He swam forward and grabbed Kagome around the waist and rose back to the surface.

"Bring her back to shore, baka!" Koga yelled.

Inuyasha swam back to shore and lay Kagome down, her face was very pale and her body was a little stiff. "Kagome. . ." Inuyasha patted the miko's cheek. "Kagome. . ."

"Your not going to get any response that way, baka!" Koga shouted. "Push down on her chest a couple times."

Inuyasha obeyed, then watched as Koga wrapped his lips around Kagome's and breathed into her mouth. They did this multiple times, but still no response came form the miko.

"Come on Kagome. . ." Inuyasha looked at the miko's face. All life was drained from it, which made the hanyou's stomach turn over.

"Having trouble little brother?"

Inuyasha and Koga looked behind them. Sesshoumaru stood there looking at them with a small smirk on his face. "Get away from here bastard!" Inuyasha screamed at his older half-brother.

"I don't see how be leaving will bring the miko back." Sesshoumaru looked at Kagome before kneeling down by his brother. He ran his fingers across Kagome's face. "She's dead. You realize that right?"

"No. . .no she can't be. . ." Inuyasha looked at his brother and snarled. "Liar."

"Inuyasha. . ." Koga bit his bottom lip.

"Don't you DARE agree with him!" Inuyasha pointed a finger at the wolf youkai. "She's not DEAD. Got that?!"

"Calm yourself, baka." Sesshoumaru stood up and took out his sword. "I don't do this for everybody. But you're my brother. . .so. . ." he swiped his sword across Kagome's body. A bright light surrounded her, when the light disappeared the miko's chest started to rise and fall. She was alive.

"Inuyasha. . ." Kagome's eyes opened and she held her hand up. "Inuyasha. . ."

"Kagome. . ." Inuyasha took Kagome's hand. "Sesshoumaru. . .Thank-. . ." he looked at where Sesshoumaru had been sitting. . .he was gone. . .

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chieko-san: Wow. . .that was so not what I had planned to write this chapter. But it turned out great. * Huggles Fluffy * Yay. . .

Sesshoumaru: <-<;;;;; Heeeeeelp. . . . . . . . . . . . . .