InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Misky Dreams ❯ Waterfall Surprise ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Come on!" Kagome yelled. "I want to see that place! Inuyasha!"

"Kagome! For the love of Kami! You were DEAD!" Inuyasha yelled at the miko. "Doesn't that mean anything to you!? You were DEAD!"

Kagome snarled. "I was dead when I was born! So that's twice!"

"What?" Inuyasha's ears twitched. "When you were born?"

"Never mind!" Kagome threw her hands into the air and sat down on a rock, she looked out at the lake, the moons light was reflecting off it. [A.N: Truth be told, I know someone who was dead when they were born. Freaky hey?]

"Kagome. . ." Inuyasha sat down next to her. "I was so scared when I found you out in that lake. And I was even more terrified when Sesshoumaru told me you were dead. I thought for sure I had to go on in life without you forever. It felt like that day you left all over again."

"I can see why you don't want to go on. But you have to understand." Kagome sighed. "I want to see this place. You told me it reminded you of me. . .I wanted to see what this place is like for it to put me in your mind."

"You really want to go on?" Inuyasha asked.

Kagome nodded. "Yes. I do."

"So we're going on then I take it?" Koga asked from behind.

"I would still like to stay put. . ." Inuyasha said.

"Ok. . .Inuyasha I can't see how I'm going to win this." Kagome sighed. "So. . .how about we stay here for a day or so. . .just to keep you satisfied."

"Your hell-bent on getting to go there aren't you?" Inuyasha asked Kagome as he gave her a fond smile.

Kagome put her hand behind her back and straightened up. "What ever made you think that?"

"I wonder." Inuyasha smirked. "Alright. We'll stay here for a day I guess. If you are well enough to argue with me your well enough to go on."

"Good. So now that that is taken care of. . .I'm going for a walk." Kagome spun around and walked away.

"Your nuts. . .I swear." Koga said to Inuyasha. "Hanyou she was dead forty minutes ago!"

"Sesshoumaru brought Rin back to life and she was up and around quicker than what Kagome was." Inuyasha said as he rested his head back on a rock.

"Your talking like you didn't even care!" Koga yelled.

Koga never had time to blink, Inuyasha jumped up and grabbed the wolf youkai by the throat and had him held up in the air. "You have some nerve. . .saying that to my face. Actually you have some nerve saying that at all. I do care. . .and if Sesshoumaru never brought her back I probably would have killed him then and there. You have no idea what Kagome means to me!"

"Pu-pu-put. . .put me down. . ." Koga choked. "I-Inuyasha. . .I can't breathe!"

Inuyasha let out a `keh' and dropped Koga on his ass. "I don't know why I never killed you when I first met you." He then layback down and closed his eyes. "Don't bother me no more tonight or I'll have to throw you out in the lake."

Koga grumbled and lay down two meters away from the hanyou and closed his eyes. He had enough of this. With these constant chills going up his spine, he drifted off to sleep.

~*~

"What's that sound." Kagome looked around, the forest was lit up by the moonlight. "It sounds like running water. . .and its coming from. . .over there." She started to walk towards a bunch of trees. "I wonder. . ." she tripped over a branch and stumbled into the trees she was trying to climb through.

Kagome moved the branch blocking her view to one side. Just as she had expected, a waterfall. She looked closer, there was a naked girl standing under the falling water, she was stringing her hands back through her hair, and her eyes were closed.

"Hello there. . ." Kagome called out.

The girl sank down into the water, her crimson eyes opened. -Who are you? What are you doing here?- a voice came into Kagome's head. The girl had spoke to her, but her mouth. . .it didn't open. . .

". . .excuse me?" Kagome asked. She recognized this girl. . .but she couldn't believe it, Kaori was dead. . .right? "Are you. . .are you Kaori?"

-Who wants to know?- the girls voice echoed through Kagome's head.

"My name is Kagome. . .the reason why I know you is because I saw you in a dream last night. . ." Kagome said.

-Then how'd you know my name? I must talk in dreams people have about me.- the girl smiled and climbed out of the water and started to put on her armor.

"Before I continue on with what I was about to say. . .how can you. . .um. . ."

-Speak to you through thought? I learned how to do it on my own. . .I say I mastered it when I was seventeen.- Kaori stood up and hauled her kimono on over her armor. -So, what's a girl like you doing out around here all by yourself?-

"Well. . .that's what I was about to get to." Kagome said. "I am traveling with two guys. A hanyou named Inuyasha. . ."

-Oh I've heard of him.- Kaori smiled. -I'm sorry, continue.-

". . .and the other guy is a wolf youkai. . .his name is Koga."

Kaori blinked. -What? You know Koga?-

"He's the one who told me what your name was. . ." Kagome said.

-I haven't seen him since I was fourteen.- Kaori said crossing her arms. -How's he doing?-

"Um. . .pretty bad right now. . .aside from him and Inuyasha fighting all the time he is constantly thinking about you. . .he thinks your dead." Kagome said.

-Yes. I know.- Kaori made a movement with her mouth which looked like a sigh. -Those damn dragons. They were so close in getting me that they got my hair ribbon.-

"Can you tell me your side of the story?" Kagome asked.

-Yes. If you really want to know. . .I'll tell you.- Kaori sat down. -After I left the village I ran into those dragons, they started picking on me and trying to burn my cloths. And since I'm a Shadow Youkai I used my powers to try and blind them, but it backfired on me. I could sense that they were going to try and fry me so I ran and my ribbon got hooked in a tree. I ripped it out and ran off, and not being able to see I got lost. Once I got my sight back I was so far away I couldn't find my way. . .and I never did-

"Well I got to bring you back. . .Koga will be thrilled to see your alive!" Kagome said as she grabbed Kaori's arm and hauled her to her feet.

-I can't. . .I'm scared of what he might say.- Kaori said, her mouth forming a whining shape.

"Maybe this will help you. . ." Kagome cleared her throat. "He cried, Kaori. When he was telling my what happened he cried."

-Really?- Kaori sighed. -Ok Kagome. . .I'll go. . .but. . .I can't just walk up to him and say hi!-

"He's asleep. We can work with that right?" Kagome said with a smirk.

Kaori nodded and returned Kagome's smirk. -I like you. . .your sneaky.-