InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Misunderstanding ❯ What have you done? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi minna, this is my first Inuyasha's fanfic, please be nice to me and let me know what do you think… deal? ^_^; In my country, Inuyasha isn't as rude as I have read in other fics, but.. I'll do my best.

Ok go on with the story…

English is not my first language.

MISUNDERSTANDING

By silvermoon maru

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha and co.

The sun was getting ready to set, dressing the sky with a dimmed yellow, the clouds on the top were already turning violet . The peaceful atmosphere of the forest was abruptly interrupted by a very upset female voice.

-I'm going home Inuyasha and there is no way that you can stop me from doing it!!-

A furious Kagome walked to the well with an almost empty yellow backpack hanging on her shoulder, she was wearing her usual school out fit.

The young girl was aware that a fuming hanyou in a red out fit, was following her very close.

-I wouldn't be so sure if I were you Kagome, your place is here looking for the Shikon shards! -

They raised their voices until they were practically yelling at each other.

-I have to go to school!! I have tests to do!!- She said not trying to hide her frustration; she wished he wasn't so stubborn. She had a life at the other side, responsibilities, family and friends too.

"I don't give a damn about that 'school' thing of yours! Your job is detect the Shikon shards and help me to complete the jewel!" he shouted. She was so infuriating; but he was sure that helping her remember that, would bring some sense in her head.

She knew that he used to say that kind of things all the time. It angered her. He was so mean. They were supposed to be friends.

Right?

She spun frowning at him.

"Is that the only thing that I mean for you?" she asked him.

He was going to win this argument. Oh, sure he will.

He crossed his arms and lifted his chin, glancing at her with narrowed eyes. He looked so arrogant when he did it.

"Why else would I stand been with a weak human with such an awful scent who can't fire a single arrow in the proper way?" the mockery in his shout was evident.

"That's it! I'm leaving!" the pain his words caused gave her the strength to ran and reach her destination. Two steps from the bone-eater well she came into a halt and turned around to face him.

She knew Inuyasha wasn't bad, just thick-headed. Kagome didn't want to fight with him anymore and decided to do something to make peace. Even if she was Kikyo's reincarnation, it didn't mean she would be exactly like her. She was Kagome after all. Maybe if she tried to explain it to him, he would understand a bit.

Her voice was lower now.

-I'm sorry, but I'm not Kikyo and I can't do the same things that she did when she was alive in just a couple of da..-

He didn't let her finish.

"Of course you aren't Kikyo. She never ran from her responsibilities, she was powerful and skilled"

His words were like a slap in her face, she was trying to apologize, to be nice to him and this was what she got, just to be insulted and compared to a dead woman all the time. Her hands were closed with such strength that her knuckles were almost white. She lowered her gaze to the ground. All her body was trembling with contained and mixed emotions.

He asked for it, he knew it, she was mad at him but this time she was not going away with it.

-Don't you dare Kagome…! - He growled warning her. His feet moved one step ahead.

-I.nu..ya…sha- the word came out forced through her clenched teeth.

-YOU WILL REGRET IT!!- he just tried to scare her so she wouldn't use that damned word, but was useless. She was going to do it and jump through the well. He had to act fast, with his right hand he tried to reach her shoulder to prevent her to return to her era. He barely touched the fabric of her blouse when she lifted her face.

Gold and cinnamon clashed intensely.

It was said in a very low voice, but not less effective.

-Sit-

A sharp pain in Kagome's shoulder made her scream while she was pushed down violently by Inuyasha's weight. His claws dug deeply into her flesh as if they were razor blades. Her head hit with something hard and hundreds of lights and colors exploded in front of her eyes clouding her vision before everything went black.

********

The little kitsune and the lecherous monk went out from Kaede's hut looking for the stubborn hanyou into the forest that carried his name.

-That dog-breath must be giving Kagome a very hard time to go to her home- the little fox demon said.

-Certainly Shippo, Inuyasha loses his temper every time that Lady Kagome wants to go back- Miroku agreed, his expression as calm and serene as always, he had his golden staff in his hand. His blue robe blew gently with the breeze while he walked.

After a few minutes he knew they were close. He could hear them yelling to each other. Inuyasha didn't know how to treat a lady and that certainly bothered him a little. Despite his rambling hands, he had the manners of a proper gentleman.

-That dog is going to receive a big amount of sits- Shippo smirked amused with the idea. He was always chasing him and trying to kill him, and he never did anything to deserve that from the hanyou. Well, at least that's what he thought.

-I bet he will Shippo- Miroku smiled at him already picturing the scene in his mind.

They were reaching the Gshimboku tree when the clear part of the forest opened before them. There, standing in front of each other, were Kagome and Inuyasha some meters ahead.

-YOU WILL REGRET IT!- Inuyasha stretched out his claws to reach her and threw her to the ground with him. She screamed in pain. Inuyasha had hurt her.

Miroku and Shippo gasped as they watched the scene with wide eyes. Their bodies frozen in place.

-KAGOMEEEE!!!- Shippo's cry didn't wait. The little kit dashed forward.

Miroku was speechless.

'The hanyou attacked Lady Kagome' the words sank in him, it was hard to believe, he knew that deep inside Inuyasha really cared about her, but , in the other side, he still was half youkai, could he be so stubborn to have gone this far? Then the monk's blood boiled in fury. His staff fell to the ground and he ran to reach them.

*******

-stupid… girl… look what you did…-muttered as he raised his face slowly from her abdomen.

He was on top of her. Something warm and sticky ran in his right hand, was then when he noticed a scent that wasn't supposed to be around. Blood. He felt his heart sank. Kagome's blood.

He couldn't stand yet because of the spell. He looked at her face, her eyes were closed and she wasn't moving.

-Kagome..?- fearfully he called for her. There was no response. His heart hammering in his chest. He started panicking.

An incensed yell at his side startled him.

"What have you done to Lady Kagome?!"

*******

That's it for now, I hope you guys like it and don't forget to leave some REVIEWS to me =)

Ja nne