InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Misunderstanding ❯ Kanna's mirror ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I know many of you want to kill me for the last chapter, but remember that this is an Inu/Kag fic. They'll work everything out eventually. (I hope) hehehe

Thanks again for your reviews and let's go on with the show.

Disclaimer: Keh! (lawyers staring at me) ok, ok.. Inuyasha is not mine.

Misunderstanding

By Silvermoon maru

Chapter 7

"I'll send her back". Inuyasha had decided.

Kikyo noticed the determination in his voice; she smirked seductively and caressed his face.

"It is for the best".

*******

Kirara awoke from her peaceful slumber on the wooden floor; a soft growl rose from its throat and faced the door. Flames enveloped its body just lo let an increased version on the fire cat demon appeared.

Sango pushed aside her chair and looked at her friend; she followed the demon gaze but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Of course, things are never what they seem to be.

"I sense an evil aura approaching" Kaede said.

Miroku frowned and grabbed his golden staff, the rings on the top tinkled in protest.

"Oh no! Now that Inuyasha is not here!" Shippou wailed. His turquoise eyes widely open. He gazed from the monk to the exterminator, then to Kirara who was baring its fangs to finally stop on Kaede who made him a signal to be quiet.

"Shippou, Kirara, stay here with Kaede and Kagome, we are going to check" Sango took Hiraikotsu and followed Miroku leaving the rest in the hut.

Outside, the silence engulfed them for a moment. They stood with their back to each other, glaring suspiciously to their surroundings.

A strong wind started blowing. Sango had her boomerang ready to be thrown and Miroku hold the bead rosary in case he needed to unfold his cursed hand to use kazanaa.

A shadow came from the woods in front of him. As it approached, he could see that was a demoness, her red eyes and the fan on her hand made her unmistakable.

-Kagura- the monk eyes narrowed and gleamed in recognition. He knew that she was a tough opponent. By the corner of his eye, saw Sango approaching and standing next to him.

Miroku pulled the rosary.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" Kagura mocked at him, moving her index in a negative way.

Before he could unwrap kazanaa, many poisoned wasps showed up.

"Unless you want to die poisoned" she grinned silently daring him to unfold it.

The tension was increasing. They had one weapon less.

Sango dashed forward ready to attack.

"Hiraikotsu!!" she leaped high before she threw the boomerang from her hands to the wind demoness.

As an answer, she lifted her fan and opened it calling the wind. It spun around her at a great speed. Kagura stood in its center.

Hiraikotsu hit the barrier and it sent the boomerang away a few meters.

"No!" cried Sango clenching her hands into fists and glaring fiercely at her.

"Now is my turn" Kagura lifted her fan for the second time. Her eyes had an evil glint.

Miroku looked at Sango, she was a few meters ahead, between him and the demoness. Without her boomerang, she was an easy target.

"WIND BLADES"

*******

Kaede was worried. Inuyasha had not come back and they surely needed him to fight.

Shippou was trembling, battling with himself to gather enough courage to fight if it was necessary. He caught Kagura's scent; Miroku and Sango would have a hard time.

Kirara kept growling to the entrance, the kitsune thought that if they could defeat Kagura, he would not have to worry about anything attacking the hut. Right?

He saw a flash of white appeared and disappeared by the corner of his eye.

"We are not alone," Kaede stated and sat on her meditation position, she took an ofuda and prayed to prepare it.

The white figure appeared again closer to them, as a reflex, Shippou used his sacred fire but his attack reflected in a mirror held by the opponent.

The magic pushed the little demon and the old miko backwards; they hit against a wood table and fell to the ground unconscious. Kirara charged at her but it pushed the cat demon away with the energy surrounding her. Its same force was applied to Kirara who fell next to the others.

"Too easy" Kanna said. Her face was a void of any emotion. She scanned the place searching for something, finally her gaze rested on the room where Kagome slept.

*******

Sharp half moons of air were thrown at them.

"SANGO!" Miroku ran to the exterminator and placed her behind him. His golden staff swirled in his hands creating a shield. Two can play the same game.

The wind blades were sent in other directions.

"Thank you Hoishi" Sango said in a soft voice.

"Anything for a beautiful lady" he winked at her.

'Always the charmer' she thought. Even in the middle of a battle, he behaved like that. A nice warm feeling rose inside her chest.

"Do you think it is it?" Kagura snorted amused.

Sango and Miroku gave her a puzzled expression. The monk turned his head to look behind both of them. A youkai centipede was heading at them. Sango looked at it too. If they move, the wind blades would kill them.

********

Kagome

Someone was calling her, dragging her out of the peaceful darkness that surrounded her. She wasn't aware of it until that voice broke into her mind.

Kagome wake up

It sounded like a girl but she didn't recognize it yet.

Slowly, she came back to consciousness. At first, everything was dim and blurry. She pushed herself up to a sitting position and rubbed her eyes. The room became clear, she was a little disoriented but recognized the place.

"Kagome, you are awake" she found the owner of the voice and became alert.

Kanna, one of Naraku's detachments was there alone with her. Once she tried to take Kagome's soul, an experience that she did not wish to repeat.

Her hand searched for her bow or something that she could use as a weapon.

Inuyasha's voice drew her attention to the mirror. The moment when he attacked her was been played on it like in a TV. She winced when both fell to the ground. She looked at her arm, her shoulder was a little sore but the wound was closed and almost totally cured.

Naraku knew about that event too; eh?

She looked at Kanna wondering what she was going to do to her. Kill her? Where was everybody? Wasn't Inuyasha coming to save her? Maybe not, she thought sadly, but she really needed help.

"No one is coming"

Kagome looked surprised at the girl. She answered as if she had read her mind. Was she so obvious?

She gasped when she saw the mirror again. Her blood froze in her veins; a cold sensation enveloped her body.

There was Inuyasha in the woods.

His arms encircling Kikyo.

A painful knot formed in Kagome's throat, she felt the urge to cry. Inuyasha still loved Kikyo, how could she be so dense?

She watched stunned their conversation. They talked about Naraku and about her. Kagome held her breath when it was Inuyasha's time to speak.

Just one phrase came out from his mouth.

"I'll send her back"

And her heart shattered.

The Kikyo in the mirror smirked.

Kanna left the girl, she had accomplished her mission.

********

Keeping his staff spinning in his left hand, he pulled the exterminator close to him with his right arm and threw both of them to the ground. He let go of the staff and a sharp pain shot from his left arm. Ignoring it, he closed the embrace around her and rolled together away from the two attacks.

The centipede hissed in pain when some of the wind blades hit it.

Sango had a heavy weight on her. She opened her eyes and stared for a moment in to purple orbs. Their faces too close, their noses almost touching. The intimacy of their position made them blush and without think it twice, an embarrassed Sango pushed Miroku aside, scared to reveal too much if he could read her soul.

His landing was not too soft.

"Ow!" the monk moaned rubbing his arm.

"You are hurt," noticed. She quickly grabbed Hiraikotsu that was near their new location and was about to attack the youkai.

"AAAAH!" a battle cry followed by a long line of fire spread from the entrance of the forest killing the youkai.

"We were having so much fun," Kagura complained.

Inuyasha rose Tetsugaiga ready to fight her.

She took the feather of her hair and it increased its size.

"Don't run away! Fight me Kagura!" he shouted ferociously at her.

"Another time hanyou" she grinned at him and the little Kanna appeared on her side. She gave her a questioning look and the girl nodded.

Inuyasha watched them flew away.

Sango helped Miroku to get up.

"What was Kanna doing here?" she looked that the feather was gone.

"She wasn't in the fight" the monk turned in the direction of the hut, nobody had come out since the battle was over.

"Kagome" Inuyasha breathed and ran to check on her, his chest tightened in anticipation.

********

Silvermoon : Oh my! Oh my! Tell me if you liked it.

Please guys I need reviews!!

If you are wondering why I'm not been attacked by the cast, *points to a corner of the room where all the cast is tied and glaring at her* they didn't let me concentrate. ^_^;