InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Misunderstanding ❯ The answer ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello guys!!!

I'm so sorry for the delay.

Go on with the show!

Disclaimer: Not Mine! *grr*

Misunderstanding

By Silvermoon maru

Chapter 6

"I know you are there" she could feel his gaze on her, like a tiger watching its prey. He had been doing it for a while.

"You can't kill me, you know that. Onigumo's heart that lives inside you yearns for me. Even after what you had become" she smirked at him eyeing suspiciously to the trees.

Finally he spoke, his voice cold. The baboon pelt covered all his features, disguising how much her words disgusted him.

"Undoubtedly, you are correct Kikyo. I can't destroy you while this heart still wants you, but she can try for me…"

The dead priestess looked where Naraku was pointing.

Behind her was a small girl; white long hair framed her pale expressionless face. Her eyes were dark and hollow, in her hands she hold a disk-shaped mirror.

She saw her own reflection on it and suddenly her dead souls started to leave her body absorbed by a magical void.

"What is this?" she grimaced in distress. Her hands crossed on her chest in an futile attempt to keep souls inside her.

"Kukuku… Let me introduce you to Kanna, she is one of my detachments. You two will get along very well" The baboon pelt disappeared in thin air.

The mirror was draining her too fast. She reached for her bow in her back and took one arrow. Her knees were getting weaker by the moment.

In a quick movement, she positioned the arrow and fired to reach … nothing.

Kanna had disappeared too.

Unable to support herself any longer, Kikyo fell to the ground.

"Damn you Naraku" they could had finish her off, but they didn't do it.

'What are you planning?' she narrowed her eyes into slits and crawled to sit at the base of a tree. She ordered her little servants to gather more souls for her; she was hardly able to move her clay body.

She felt heavy, that mirror took many of her souls. She didn't know why she never sensed Kanna's presence. This only meant one thing. Naraku's evil power was increasing.

*********

It was almost sunset time. A blur of yellow, orange, red and violet welcomed his golden gaze, only a few clouds decorated the sky.

Kagome had been asleep for about 3 days.

Kaede gave her a potion that combined with her dormant powers, somehow helped her to heal but kept her asleep. That had Inuyasha in a very bad mood; the uneasiness was driving him crazy. He had a lot of things to explain to her, but first of all, he wanted to know that she was better.

'I wish Kagome would wake up soon' but… how was he going to explain everything to her?

He sighed.

Two soul-snatchers flew outside the hut. The colorless snakes glided on the sky toward the woods.

Immediately, Inuyasha rose from the floor.

'Kikyo is close' he needed to talk to her; he wondered why was she around.

He gazed quickly at Kagome's sleeping form and bolted out of the room tossing aside the curtain. His sudden action startled everyone.

"Where are you going Inuyasha?" The little kitsune watched him with big eyes.

"I'll be back" without even send a glance at them and his brows knitted on his face, he left.

Miroku sighed

"He is impossible" the monk had lighted his attitude towards Inuyasha; the story he told them could have been true. He had been there for them, especially for Kagome, hundreds of times.

Sango, that was cleaning Hiraikotsu, walked closer to the monk.

"Houshi-sama, where do you think he is going in such a rush?" her eyes directed to the path that their friend took.

"For that question, lovely Sango, he is the only one that holds the answer" Discreetly, his hand moved towards the demon exterminator rear.

** SMACK **

Kaede turned to see the red handprint that Sango left decorating the monk's face.

"HENTAI!!" She was fuming at him, her face all flushed.

Kaede just shook her head and drove her attention to the woods. She could feel her sister's presence in the forest. Surely, Inuyasha went to meet her.

She shook her head again.

'That hanyou will never understand. He is too blind to see the true'

*******

Inuyasha caught Kikyo's scent. Soil, bones and clay. He noticed another scent too almost imperceptible, almost gone with the wind but he still recognized it. Naraku had been there. Apprehension of what he could find ahead enveloped the half dog-demon and he accelerated his pace.

"Kukuku… I told you before hanyou. You can't be everywhere" his laugh echoed from all directions and seemed to come from nowhere at the same time. Images of Kikyo shattered in pieces appeared in his mind.

"Don't bother looking for him, is gone" following the voice with his gaze, he found her. He felt a little relief then. She had a hard time trying to stay in a standing position, her eyes were half opened.

"What did he did to you?!" he snarled.

"He stole some of my souls with a mirror, I couldn't detect the little girl that held it, he said she was his detachment" her face a cold mask as always.

"Kanna" he muttered baring his fangs for a second.

"I'll make Naraku pay for everything he had done" there was a promise in her words.

Kikyo tried to walk but she tripped and Inuyasha caught her. He wrapped her in a protective embrace.

"I will not let you fight alone, I'll protect you from Naraku"

Once 50 years ago, they were in love to each other. Naraku broke them apart, turning them against each other.

"I don't need your protection" she snapped and pushed him to break the hug.

"I will finish him off myself, along with the Shikon no tama." her gaze locked with his, her voice deep " Until then, don't die Inuyasha, because I will come to claim your life. We will spend eternity together in hell" the last words were said in a whisper.

He was stunned, however, she was right, he had a debt with her. He lowered his gaze to his hands. His life for her life. That statement seemed less convincing that the other times he had thought about it. Wasn't he so sure anymore? He shoved away that thought and nodded to her.

"Also, you have to get rid of that girl…" he didn't like the tone that she used to refer to Kagome.

"… she is interfering. The threads of fate are too delicate to be playing with them"

His heart skipped a beat and he looked at her again, his eyes widen for a second.

"Fate" slowly, the word came out from his lips, repeating it to obtain all its meaning. The solution he was looking for crossed his mind. A small flame of realization lighted in the depths of his golden eyes.

"I'll send her back". Inuyasha had decided.

Kikyo noticed the determination in his voice; she smirked seductively and caressed his face.

"It is for the best".

*************

*BONK* @_@

Silvermoon: * rubs her head* hey! That hurts! ¬_¬

Inuyasha: *playing with Hiraikotsu* This is the less that you deserve.

Silvermoon: *looks innocent* why?

Inuyasha lifts Iron Fang, Silvermoon sweat drops nervously.

Silvermoon: Ok. Ok. I'm sorry!! I didn't like that scene either, but was necessary.

Kagome: SIT

*Inuyasha eats dust again*

Silvermoon: thank you, thank you

Kagome: I'm not done with you yet *glares menacingly*

Silvermoon: UH OH… *to the readers* Let me know know what do you think.

Want to kill me too?

All comments will be appreciated.

Ja ne