InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Misunderstanding ❯ A hanyou's concern ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This chapter is like a "bridge" for what's coming next. I hope you like it.

Disclaimer: Inuyasha is mine!! well, in my dreams… Inuyasha and co. don't belong to me.

Misunderstanding

By Silvermoon maru

Chapter 5

"Poor hanyou, he will be left alone because he can't make up his mind"

But he couldn't run away from the battle inside him or from Naraku's words.

"You can't be everywhere Inuyasha". There was a warning involved in his tone and was carried by the wind only for the half- demon ears.

*********

Eternal sadness. Her expression had never changed, it had prevailed even after dead, but now it was spiced with a touch of bitter hatred.

Chocolate eyes once alive, now just seeking for revenge. Her dark hair fell softly on her back and over her shoulders contrasting with the abnormal whiteness of her skin.

She walked slowly into the woods, still weak for the connection of souls with that girl.

That girl.

Kagome.

The one that was changing Inuyasha's heart, what she should have done if Inuyasha hadn't betrayed her.

Bitterness swept through her body. That girl was an intruder, a reincarnation of herself. She stole her souls, her life; and the most important, she was taking Inuyasha away from her and with him, her vengeance.

Kikyo wanted all that back.

Even if she was made of soil and bones, her spiritual power was strong. She snorted. Kagome's power was barely developed and untrained. She found amusing what happened to her reincarnation.

"That girl doesn't belong here," Kikyo hissed.

The soul-snatchers floated around the dead miko, frequently some of them would go to get some souls for their mistress. Kikyo was tired and sat at a branch on a tree, her barrier making her invisible to the world. She just needed to rest for a few days to get all her strength back.

"…He will always come to me, no matter what I do to hurt him. His life is mine and at the end, he will come to hell with me…"

*******

The door opened with a loud screech from the old wood. Inuyasha made his way inside the hut with his face enclosed in a distant expression.

Kaede, Sango, Shippou and Miroku got up from their seats as he came in.

"What took you so long" Sango and Kaede observed at Miroku and did not missed the anger and worry of his voice.

"Naraku was in the woods" Inuyasha replied, he never looked at him, he just passed by them and entered the room where the sleeping bag was already extended.

Reluctantly, he let her go laying her carefully on it. The paleness of her skin worried him, her usual rosy lips were now almost white.

Immediately, the old miko sent everybody out of the room to take care of Kagome. A curtain closed behind her assuring some privacy.

Outside, the rest of the party sank in a deep silence; the tension was so thick that a knife could cut it.

Finally, tired of the entire confusing situation, Sango broke the quietness.

"Now you have to tell me what's going on here, what happened to Kagome?" she stared questioningly at the three guys.

Miroku decided to speak. "Inuyasha lost his temper when Lady Kagome was trying to go through the well again but this time he just went too far". His tone wasn't as serene as usual and Shippou glared accusingly at Inuyasha.

"It was an accident," his voice sounded defeated but he tried to defend himself " I tried to stop her by grabbing her shoulder but she used that damned spell…" His left hand clenched involuntarily on the bead necklace, " …and I fell…" He didn't feel like saying anything else, he lowered his head and some silver bangs fell over his face hiding the shame on his eyes. The hanyou leaned on a wall and crossed his arms in his haori.

'So, this is all a product of Inuyasha's stubborness' the exterminator was angry at her conclusions but she decided that was not a good moment to fight. She could see how sorry he felt for what he did.

"An accident?" Miroku asked in disbelief interrupting her thoughts.

"Accidents don't involve threatens Inuyasha! Shippou and I heard when you told her that she would regret it, and then you simply charged at her. And you say it was an accident?"

Sango opened her mouth dumb struck.

"I KNOW HOW IT LOOKED LIKE BUT YOU KNOW THAT I WOULD NEVER HURT KAGOME ON PURPOSE. " He sighed heavily and closed his eyes.

" I know it was my fault but it was an A C C I D E N T." He added weakly.

Shippou pulled his sleeve in a comforting gesture. The half dog demon opened his eyes and a sad smile crept on his lips. At least someone believed him now.

"You said that Naraku was on the woods, did he attacked you?" Sango tried to change the subject.

"He just wanted to annoy me" it was a short reply before he walked out of the house.

"Seems to me that he accomplished his mission " Miroku said.

*******

It was already dark outside; Inuyasha laid on the roof looking at the stars, lost in his thoughts. He could hear Sango and Kaede taking care of Kagome, tending her wound and trying to break down the fever.

'Would she want to see me again?' she had asked him for a reason and he didn't have one.

'She also thinks that I attacked her' his ears flatted on his head. He had to tell her the truth.

He leapt to the ground and went back inside the small house. He knew it was late because Shippou, Kirara and Miroku were resting, while the women were with Kagome.

He tossed aside the curtain and entered the room.

"How is she?" Inuyasha kneeled on Kagome's side.

"The fever is almost gone, but she is still very weak for the blood loss" Sango couldn't stop herself of direct a glance to his claws; she had seen him destroy numerous of enemies with them. A shiver passed through her spine.

"You two go to sleep, I'll take care of her" he took the damp cloth from Kagome's forehead and sank it in the cold water of a small pot set on the floor, he squeezed it of the excess of liquid and placed it on her forehead again.

"It's not necessary Inuyasha. Really, I can do it" the demon exterminator tried to take him away from her. It was obvious to the hanyou.

"You don't have to worry Sango, I promise I'll not hurt her again" he stared at the sleeping girl.

Sango blushed embarrassed of her implications.

" I.. I'm sorry, you are right" she walked out following Kaede.

They were alone now.

Merely Inuyasha and Kagome.

The light of a candle barely illuminating the room, its flame shone unsteadily creating haunting shadows around them.

He stared silently at her, remembering how many times they had fought together. So many times, she had left and came back. Even when they just met, she came back to fight with him the hair demoness.

He admired then her braveness and courage.

When did he start caring for her? He didn't know. He didn't want to admit it yet.

"Kagome…" he whispered her name, he liked the way it sounded; the way his lips caressed each letter.

The Kagome that always smile. The stubborn Kagome that always argue with him was silent now.

The girl that appeared through the well and freed him from his seal, whose souls brought Kikyo back to life, was laying barely alive thanks to him.

"Story tends to repeat itself…"

If what Naraku said was true, it meant that he was leading Kagome to a dead end. She was in danger.

"That girl's life is influenced by Kikyo´s fate. Must be the same ending for the story"

He had a lot of thinking to do; it would be a very long night.

*******

Silvermoon: *sweat drops anime style* he, he, he … too crappy? -_-;

*BONK* @_@

Inuyasha: hey! Why was that for?! *glares at Sango* ¬_¬

Sango: *raising Hiraikotsu again* For being such a baka!

Inuyasha: *pointing at Silvermoon* It's HER fault! She is the one writing this fic.

*both glare at her*

Silvermoon: *trembling* Uh.. Oh.. Time to go…*start running* ( to the readers) please remember to leave a REVIEW!!