InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Misunderstanding ❯ The Trap ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

HIIIII!!! I’m back again with another chapter!! The last one was the less reviewed chapter of the whole story… that was sad, I know its my fault for taking too long. I hope you like this one better.

Thank you very much to my loyal readers.

Disclaimer: I wish I owned Inuyasha, but unless I find Aladin’s magic lamp. I can keep dreaming. While that happens… its not mine.

Misunderstanding

By Silvermoon maru

 

Chapter 10

 

The tall half-demon was leaning on the window frame. The sunset gave to his silver hair a bronze glow that surrounded him like a halo. His figure was dark in contrast to the light outside. His head lowered hiding his visage.

Kagome’s heart thumped faster.

“Kagome” he said her name and lifted his gaze from the floor to meet her eyes. He could tell that she was trembling. The young miko wasn’t bursting in happiness because she wasn’t sure he was real. In any moment, he would fade from her life again. Like the flame of a candle blown by the wind. He would disappear.

Astonishment was clear on her features as she walked forward to reach him.

“What… are you doing here?” she asked shyly. Kagome was not sure she should ask it, maybe she must just had to be grateful for seeing him again.

He raised his hand to touch her shocked face and caressed her cheek. The tender contact almost made her jump. Her eyes widened in surprise. Well, at least now she was sure he was real.

“I came for you” his voice a low growl, his eyes a darker shade of amber. A slight blush tinted her face. Before she managed to make a coherent sentence, he spoke again.

“You have to come back with me Kagome,” the involved plead, the way he said her name made her heart flutter. Oh God, how much she loved him, she could have melted right there if it wasn’t because she would stop watching him. However, an issue was still not clear. She took his hand and gently pushed it to a side.

“What about Kikyo? I thought.. you.. and her …” she trailed off not knowing how to continue. Inuyasha cut her stammering with a voice softer than silk.

“Forget about her. You are more beautiful and powerful than her”

Was Inuyasha praising her? Telling she was better that his dear white priestess? She had lost her mind for sure. After all those times he told her how great and better than her, Kikyo was. What could have possibly happen to make him change his mind?

The young miko became aware of how close he was to her. Their noses were almost touching. Therefore, she backed away one step to regain her composure.

There was a cold undertone in his words referring to Kikyo. She eyed at him suspiciously.

“You are acting weird. Somehow, it doesn’t feel right. First, you yelled all those things to me and now… you are acting so nice and caring.” she backed another step and looked for his Shikon shard, there was something different about it too. Darker.

However, the usual pink glow was there. It didn’t seem out of the ordinary.

Her brows furrowed and she tried to retreat again but stopped by his hands holding her arms.

“Don’t you trust me Kagome? Don’t you want to come back to us?” his eyes looking intently at her, waiting for her answer.

Of course, she wanted, there was nothing else she wished most than go back to the Sengoku Jidai. The last few days it had been the only thing plaguing her mind. Kagome knew she trusted him too, but for some strange reason she could not say it. This too nice and caring Inuyasha was starting to freak her out.

Inuyasha was hiding something from her. She could read it in his eyes. Secrets were something she disliked. One more time, he closed the distance between them. Kagome felt uneasy, nervous. She could feel him reading her soul through her eyes. Embarrassed, she closed them tight and said the only thing that could save her from such an awkward situation.

“Sit”

That was her response; she didn’t know why she did it. Just felt as if it was the wisest thing to say to break the moment and come back to the old times. Kagome did not know how wrong she was until then. What really happened was completely different as what she expected.

No thump on the floor, nor an angry hanyou, no bad words, no shouting.

She looked in horror that in front of her stood the half-demon with his head tilted to a side and looking confused at her.

The bead collar was in its place around his neck, but there was no magic on it. He followed her gaze to the wooden item on him.

She shook her head slowly in denial. It was impossible. Kaede said no one except her could undo that spell. Unless…

“Who are you?” she breathed the words and backed away. The fear was rising in her body as a cold shiver ran through her spine.

The hanyou lips curved in a smirk as he realized his mistake. A strange glint shined in the depth of his golden eyes.

“Very smart.” he closed his eyes for a moment as he chuckled. His tone was darker now.

This was not Inuyasha.

******

He couldn’t stop thinking about her now. The graceful, slender line of her throat. Her musical laughter. The fire in her eyes when she was determined to do something.

Inuyasha crossed the forest in amazing speed focusing on Kagome . He only noticed a blur of greens and oranges at his sides. Soon he would see her again.

He didn’t know yet what to tell her. Maybe she hated him by now. He had seen it before, how love could turn into hate so easily. If the story was repeating itself it would not surprise him that ‘that’ part of the story would repeat too.

Somehow, imagining Kagome looking at him with hatred made his heart sank.

He tossed away the idea. Shortly, he would find out.

He felt like a fool.

Since Kikyo came back to life, he just thought once in giving her soul back to Kagome. He had asked Kikyo that day when she was clinging from the cliff. He told her to go back to Kagome and the betrayed expression in her eyes, the pain she felt were enough to take that idea out of his mind.

Well, as long as Kagome stayed in this time both of them would be fine… right? When Kikyo takes him to hell, Kagome will not need to stay close to her and could go back safely to her time. Nothing else would attract her soul like a magnet. This meant no more danger for her.

The hanyou rubbed his face with his hands. This was so confusing. He couldn’t be sure of how accurate were his predictions.

Suddenly, a glint of metal made him shift his direction. He barely avoided the strike addressed to him. He followed the retreating large metal chain fixing his gaze on its wielder.

The young boy stared back at him with narrowed, glazed eyes. He wore a tight black suit, traditional clothes from the exterminators’ village. Inuyasha recognized him as Sango’s brother.

Kohaku.

He was under Naraku’s commands. One more reason why they had to finish him off. Sango had spilled too much tears for that bastard’s fault.

The boy threw something at his feet; it exploded in a cloud of dust, blinding him. He had to be careful; he didn’t want to hurt Kohaku. His sensitive ears twitched locating any sound, any sign of movement. A whistling in the wind warned him to move to his left. Kohaku’s sickle appeared right after it.

Inuyasha pulled out Tessaiga; the rusty sword transformed doubling its size and shinned with its own light. It was a splendid weapon. Tessaiga was to protect humans, but it knew that Inuyasha didn’t mean any harm to the boy.

The half- demon jumped to a high branch but soon the large chain encircled his feet pulling him to the ground.

“Oi!”

Things seemed like Kagome would have to wait a little longer.

*******

 

“You are always amazing me Kagome.” he stared out of the window, his voice overlapping with another one, graver.

“Naraku” she said but he didn’t hear her.

“And.. this world of yours…” he paused searching for the words to describe his point of view.

“.. has lots of potential”.

“No! I’ll not let you do anything here!” she yelled at him. This had to be a joke, a nightmare. Yes, it was a nightmare. Naraku was standing in front of her with Inuyasha’s appearance. He had fooled her. Could anything possibly be worse?

“Sister, are you ok?” Souta was standing at the entrance, his dark hair a little messy and his face showed his concern for his older sibling. At the look of the hanyou, his eyes shined in adoration for his hero.

“Inuyasha! You came to visit us!” he wailed happily ready to run to him. The anguish in Kagome’s voice restrained him.

“Souta, don’t come any closer!” she had to warn him. She looked from the boy to the impostor hanyou. An evil glare welcomed her.

“Mmhh… interesting. Seems that Sango is not the only one with a younger brother,” he told her secretly. She felt her blood froze frightened at the thought of Souta following the same path than Kohaku. But that feeling was soon replaced with anger. She struggled in his grasp and freed a hand. She grabbed the first thing she could; her alarm clock and punched him in the skull with it.

It hurt her to hit Inuyasha’s face even if he was being impersonated.

“What’s going on?” the alarmed kid was confused by Kagome’s actions. Her sister was hitting his hero. Inuyasha was always protecting her, why was she acting so mean with him.

“Souta run! Get out of here!” she yelled at him as she fought to get free.

His grip tightened on her arm bruising the perfect skin. She bit back a cry and hit him more. Inuyasha’s impostor drew his brows together annoyed. He had lost his patience. This stupid little girl would learn to show him respect.

In a matter of seconds, Kagome felt herself lifted from the floor and flying to the other side of the room, until her vanity stopped her. A loud crash sounded in the room as the fancy mirror shattered in a hundred little silver fragments. Kagome shrieked as fell on the horizontal surface of the wood desk smashing it in pieces, hurting her ribs. Then she slipped to the floor landing on the carpet with a muffled thud.

The false Inuyasha held a satisfactory grin.

*******

The breeze was cooler now. The rustle of dried leaves and swinging branches held a mystical purpose. It was something persons like Kaede and Miroku could easily interpret. Persons dedicated to the study of the spiritual world, priestess and monks.

“Hoishi, You have been quite absorbed since Kagome left” Sango looked concerned at the monk. He was sitting in lotus position meditating. The exterminator wouldn’t had bothered him if it wasn’t because his brows were furrowed almost all the time. Something was worrying him.

He opened his purple eyes and looked at her. She was bent in front of him.

“There are bad omens since a few days ago, but today they seemed to increase considerably” he got up, pushing his robes straight with his hands.

“In English please” Sango wanted to know ’exactly’ what was bothering him. She didn’t like to beat around the bush.

She was wearing her usual kimono, the green skirt with the flowers top. Her hair fell graceful around her shoulders. She was very attractive.

Miroku stared at her for a second, then aimed his sight at the point where Inuyasha disappeared in the forest.

“I feel like we are missing something very important. Something that is right in front of us” he breathed deeply, choosing his words and looking for a way to explain her what was in his mind.

“Kagura ran away the day he attacked us, as soon as Inuyasha arrived. Kanna didn’t took Kagome’s souls when she had the chance. It would have been too easy for Naraku to end with her life in the hut. It would have hurt Inuyasha deeply instead of just sent her away, she is a threaten to him” Both were silent for a while, Sango joined him in his speculations.

The monk was right it was strange. Kagome has dormant powers, very powerful miko powers. Maybe he couldn’t kill her with Kanna. He had tried it once. However, sending her away always kept a chance for her to come back. Unless she went to a place she couldn’t come back.

Sango and Miroku gasped in realization.

“Naraku knows about the well” they looked in horror at each other and fled to reach their hanyou friend.

“He planned Inuyasha and Kagome’s fight. He must know everything.” Sango ran next to the monk. Her condition better that his, but both sprinted as fast as they could to find him in case he needed them.

They didn’t know what to expect, they only knew that is wasn’t good.

*******

 

“How could you?” Souta was panting. What he was looking could not be possible. But it didn’t mattered anymore, he was angry.. and scared. His gaze fixed in the crumbled body of his sister, crimson droplets of blood were scattered in the remains of the wooden pieces of the furniture.

The little boy charged at him, his reaction similar as when Shippou attacked the real Inuyasha when he thought he had killed Kagome. The impostor hanyou dismissed him with a backhanded blow, sending him back to the door. Souta laid unconscious.

“Stupid boy” his shape shifted slowly. His eyes changed from amber to scarlet, his silver hair curled in a dark brown falling in a loose ponytail, the triangle ears and the claws disappeared, and his haori was gray. Naraku looked down at the girl. His hand searched for something into his shirt. A kugutsu, a wooden marionette with a shard tied.. He had asked Kagura to put it into the well to keep open the strange passage. Also to change the direction of the wind to hide his scent from the hanyou.

When Kagome looked at his shard, he just put an illusion on it to trick her. Everything was perfect.

He took the young girl on his arms. Her eyes opened slightly.

“Bas..tard. Inu… ya sha.. will..” her voice was weak.

“Will what? Come for you? Save you? He doesn’t care about you. He only have eyes for Kikyo.” he laughed at her.

“It’s time for you to accept it Kagome. This time no one is coming. You are alone.” He waved his hand and the window glasses exploded.

He stepped with her out of the frame, a magic mist on his feet carrying them to the well house.

Her lips were a thin line. She wanted to tell him that he was wrong. That Inuyasha would come for her, to rescue her because he really cared. The bitter taste of the truth filled her soul accompanied by an image of Kikyo.

Her body hurt too much to struggle and she wanted to get as far as possible from her time. She was endangering her family by staying there. She would wait to be at the other side to do something. Of course, she didn’t count with the possibility of falling unconscious.

 

*******

Silvermoon maru: I guess my chapters are getting longer… Please let me know what do you think, I love reviews, they motivate an author to write. =)

Any question or comment is gladly accepted…