InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Misunderstanding ❯ Naraku's plan ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gomen! I'm so sorry for keep you waiting for so long. Please I hope you enjoy the chapter. Thanks a lot to all those who kept reviewing even when I hadn't updated for so long. Thank you very much!! That's why I will finish soon this story.
English is not my first language.
"talking"
'thinking'
-flashbacks-
Disclaimer: I don't!! I wish I do… but no, sorry. Inuyasha is not mine.
Misunderstanding
Chapter 12
A bloodthirsty animal, aggressive by nature, its cold stare had fire of violence and death in their depths. Hiding in the shadows with quiet and agile movements prepared for the attack.
A madness of carnage possessed him when it comes to prove his strength and power over its enemies turning them into preys.
The baboon.
That's why he chose it as his cover. Naraku has the same intentions toward his enemies to make them suffer, break their souls before destroying their bodies without any regret.
However there was an enemy he couldn't kill. It was Kikyo, once the white priestess, now a moving corpse with strong spiritual powers; she had dared to laugh at him.
He ran his hand on the face of the sleeping girl in front of him, the reincarnation of Kikyo. Kagura and Kanna dressed her with the white and red out fit, her hair styled like her previous life.
The part of Onigumo still residing in Naraku felt content with her proximity.
'So alike, so powerful… so innocent' an overwhelming desire to corrupt her soul, to break her, filled him.
Onigumo wanted to destroy Kikyo's soul, see the face of the oh-so-calm-and-cold priestess filled with confusion and despair.
Naraku, in other hand, wanted to annihilate her. A maniac grin appeared on his face before he stormed out of the room after calling Kanna to follow him.
oooovovovovovovoooOooovovovovovovoooooo
Hiraikotsu crossed the air without mercy tumbling trees as they stood on its path. Subsequently it came back to be caught by its very exhausted possessor.
That was the 34th time she threw it. She was panting and her arms ached. Sweat permeated her light tanned skin.
"Exhausting yourself until you drop dead of fatigue won't bring them back. You should rest, dear Sango"
There was a note of concern in his voice she didn't miss, somehow that brightened her sour mood.
She stared at the huge weapon in her hands, her mind processing how long she had been training so lost in her thoughts.
"If you continue with this, I'm afraid there will be no forest left soon" he pointed out.
The destruction was remarkable, for the first time in the whole afternoon she took a moment to look what she had done. Lots of trees lied crumbled on the ground, the taijiya gasped, guilt and embarrassment made her blush from head to toe.
"Now we don't have to worry about picking wood for the rest of out lives" Shippou gazed at the trees with amazed wide eyes. His childish tone fitted well with the innocence of his statement earning amused chuckles from Miroku and Sango at his wonder.
The demon exterminator sighed deeply releasing some tension and turned to the monk. By just looking in her eyes he knew what she was passing through. All of them shared the feeling.
Why he hadn't come back with her? Their minds showed them thousands of different scenarios, mostly tragic, as they always were when you worry.
"What if.. It was too.. " Before she said 'late', Miroku interrupted her.
"Don't say it! We must trust Inuyasha until he comes back, we won't give up hope" he lowered his head directing his gaze the purple beads rosary sealing his kazaana, his voice was almost a whisper.
"Because 'hope' is all we have left" a small smile appeared on his lips as his amethyst gaze locked with hers. The intensity in his eyes and something in the way he talked made her shiver.
Her heartbeat increased wildly as she stared at him. His hair moved slightly with the wind, same as his robes.
Someone had to be strong and had a lot of courage to live like him, always smiling and joking despite the curse. His singular behavior was his own particular way to deal with his fate. Miroku was a loyal friend with a good heart. His lips moved saying something; she had to break the spell to listen to his words.
"Maybe we can comfort each other as we wait, I know of really good methods for release the tension" his hand approached suspiciously to her rear. Hiraikotsu landed unceremoniously on his head. The taijiya glared at his fallen form menacingly and fuming tossed the weapon over her shoulder while heading to Kaede's hut.
'He'll always be a letch'
"Come on Shippou!" the little kit hurried behind her, scared of angry her even more.
Miroku's face held a secret grin as he watched the taijiya walk away muttering all sort of colorful phrases against him.
oooovovovovovovoooOooovovovovovovoooooo
The sand fall of the clock seemed to speed up its pace. He was running out of time, every minute could be a moment more of torture for her. He had failed Kagome again; it appeared to be what he did best.
Inuyasha sat on the ground, his back leaning on the wooden wall of the well and his legs folded indian style as he always used to sit. His golden orbs stared to the dirty floor; however, his mind was in other place, thinking a way to pass through to the Sengoku Jidai.
He gritted his teeth, Naraku had put a trap for him. His fist connected the ground, small rocks pricked his skin as a frustrated growl erupted in his chest. He was so stupid to fell directly into his trap; his concern for Kikyo and Kagome had made him weak.
"Damn it!" Rage busted in his chest at his helplessness.
'I must be missing something' He narrowed his eyes with determination shining in the golden depths.
He scrunched his nose; the whole place reeked of Naraku and Kagome's scents. It seemed stronger behind the well, could be where that bastard stepped before he left.
He approached that area and the shikon shards hanging from his neck shone a pink light. The hanyou was confused by it but somehow; he knew they were encouraging him to look some more.
He scanned his surroundings.
Soil, wood, wall, stairs and... His sight landed on a small bundle. It looked like a piece of dirty cloth, his hand reached for it and his eyes narrowed into slits when he unfolded its contents.
He looked at the kugutsu in his hand, obviously a gift from Naraku. Without a second thought he threw it to the air and tore it to shreds with his claws before it reached the floor, finally disappearing in a cloud of rags and slivers.
Inuyasha turned to the well decided to try again, confident that this time the portal would open. He fell into the black tunnel and released his breath when the blue magic enveloped him.
He was right.
'Kagome, I'm coming for you'
oooovovovovovovoooOooovovovovovovoooooo
Innocent eyes watched Inuyasha from outside the well's house. A relieved sigh broke from his lips as the half demon successfully disappeared in the well. He knew his sister would be fine, he would make everything ok again.
Souta regretted the way he accused Inuyasha, but he didn't know the other was an impostor. He made a resolution.
"I'll apologize to him when he brings her back".
A loud meow attracted his attention. Buyo, the old fat cat was playing with something hidden by the stairs. Curiosity took the best of him and he took the object in his small hand, turning it to better examination.
"What is this?"
oooovovovovovovoooOooovovovovovovoooooo
She was surrounded by darkness. A soft light flickered in front of her and she decided to follow it. Everything else was pitch black.
Her feet moved forward, slow and cautious at first but as close she got to the light, her pace increased only to stop abruptly when she reached what she thought was an exit.
It was a mirror.
"Kagome, come in" a soft voice called from inside of it.
"Kagome come into the mirror" its soft masculine voice was hypnotic and pushed her to obey. The girl crossed its shiny surface easily as it had never been there in the first place.
The setting sun send its dying rays upon the mountains, their flawless image reflected on the lake below them.
A familiar presence prickled her senses attracting her attention. Before she could speak her mouth opened and a voice that wasn't hers came out.
"I know you are there Inuyasha"
It was Kikyo's.
The skulking hanyou came out from the trees, his face younger than she remembered, his eyes more suspicious too, but underneath they were also more innocent.
"How.. "
"I noticed you since I get into the woods, every day until I get back to village"
"Keh" he averted his face frowning, after a moment he glanced at her with the corner of his eyes and his features softened leaving them in a comfortable silence.
"Inuyasha! Inuyasha!" She tried to call his attention but he couldn't hear her, she couldn't even hear her own voice. Kagome felt helpless and the landscape shifted in front of her.
A wide selection of copper and bronzes bathed her surroundings. The floor wooden floor seemed unstable under her feet; it wobbled as she tried to get her feet to a small pier. There was he again, in front of her, well, in front of Kikyo. The miko outfit she was wearing told her.
She was trapped in her memories of him.
Her step faltered as she came out from the small boat on the lake, before she hit the ground, strong arms held her just to pull her in a tight embrace.
While Kikyo memory was warm, Kagome couldn't help to feel like she was being encased in ice.
She could feel his closeness, the unspoken feelings inside his chest, his body pressed against her, even when it wasn't really her.
'I don't want to see this'
It only reminded her that she didn't belonged here, that she was someone else's reincarnation.
"What would be of you when they get together at the end?"
Despair was filling the young girl, this wasn't her place. She shouldn't be watching this. The scenery changed again…
Kagome was standing in the forest; the sun drifted warmly between the highs branches of the trees. A few meters ahead, she recognized the couple standing so close to each other. She watched again how Inuyasha and Kikyo kissed, this time he wasn't unconscious but smiling softly, his golden eyes looked at the miko with love and passion. The woman in his arms was very much alive, her skin soft and her lips full.
Jealousy was a treacherous thing.
"You are nothing to him; he just used you as a tool. Kikyo is the owner of his heart and the owner of your soul."
-"Face it girl! Inuyasha really doesn't care about you; the only reason he is with you is because you look like me. You are just an impostor, a mere copy of me. He will always come to me, no matter what I do to hurt him. His life is mine…"- Kikyo's words still rang clearly in her head.
"Hate Inuyasha for he has betrayed you, he had pushed aside your feelings and laughed at your face"
-"I'll send her back". Inuyasha had decided.
Kikyo noticed the determination in his voice; she smirked seductively and caressed his face.
"It is for the best".- The conversation she saw in Kanna's mirror, the one that made her run away from him.
"Kill Kikyo, feel the pain she is giving you by taking what you hadworkedso hardfor"
-"Go back to your time, I don't want to see you again!"- Inuyasha's harsh words in Kaede's hut.
'As long as Kikyo lives, you'll be no more than her shadow, her reincarnation, the copy even in the eyes of Inuyasha'
The turmoil of feelings, pain, jealousy, rage, sadness; made the conscious part of her mind to retreat in confusion.
"Hate them…"
'I…'
"Hate them…"
'I hate… '
The voice inside her continued torturing her while its dark mist made its way into her soul, wrapping it, taking hold of her.
"Loathe them, they deserve it. Despise them, they are the cause of all your pain"
Kikyo turned to look at her and smiled mockingly before her eyes turned back to her lover. Inuyasha looked at Kagome too, pulled the beads' necklace over his head and threw it at her feet, a disgusted expression on his face.
Kagome fell on her knees and let the comforting darkness envelop her.
"Hate them to erase your sadness”
As her dream consciousness vanished, blackness enveloped her again.
Naraku smiled triumphantly as the shard finally got imbedded in the sleeping girl's neck.
Even this girl, the miko able to purify the shards, had a speck of darkness in her heart, thanks to Inuyasha and the tainted shard he was able to take hold of her soul and control her body.
"It is time for you to awake, I have some plans for you" Naraku held his hand out for her. The girl dressed in the traditional miko outfit, her hair fixed as Kikyo's used to, took his help and lifted herself from the mattress.
He smirked darkly; Kagome's eyes were glazed and hollow. His will, her will.
oooovovovovovovoooOooovovovovovovoooooo
I know it's a little shorter than usual but I didn't wanted to wait more time posting it. You know what I'm going to say now… Don't you?
Pls review!!
Review!
Next chapter is half way done, I seemed to fix the link between chapters, there are just 2 more left.