InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mood Swings ❯ A Poorly Worded Confession ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. Inuyasha & co. belong to the illustrious Rumiko Takahashi.  I do not profit from these fics.
 
Chapter 5 - A Poorly Worded Confession (Blue)
 
Inuyasha had returned without a word like always and they'd continued on their journey like nothing at all had occurred, all except Kagome that is. She was having too much fun. Her hanyou friend had missed out on his half-brother's little romantic gesture but she sure hadn't and now the miko was entertaining herself by making Sesshoumaru insane.
 
He didn't know what to think or how to act. The ring clearly glowed blue, meaning Kagome was bored or distracted. After all his worries over whether the ring was accurate or not, he'd finally been assured that it did in fact work, so why was she acting so strangely?
 
It was like she was trying to torture him. She'd walk slightly ahead of him like usual for a while, but then all of a sudden she'd slow her pace until she was at his side. Feeling her so close had him dying to reach out and touch her and, as if she could read his mind, just when he was about to give in and do it her hand would brush against his. When he turned to look at her, however, she seemed absolutely oblivious and soon after her pace would pick up again, leaving him to stare at her back in confusion.
 
As if that weren't enough, it seemed that she had an extra sway in her step and his eyes were locked on her hips as they moved. He had to fight to keep from tilting his head from side to side along with her motions, the swish of her short skirt tempting him to bend slightly just to see if he could get a peek underneath. It was impossible for him to maintain his composure and sooner or later the hanyou was bound to notice.
 
Kagome was surprised she was getting away with it. Shippo had to be right about Sesshoumaru being interested in her, because if anyone else teased him like she was, especially for as long as she was, surely he would have skinned them alive. Besides being obviously frustrated, the taiyoukai didn't seem to mind the contact between them at all. He might actually like it, a thought that sent her mind reeling.
 
If Sesshoumaru liked it when she touched him… well, she could only begin to imagine all the upsides that could have for her. He was a gorgeous hunk of hot demon and she'd had more than a few impure thoughts about the body under all that silk. They'd been innocent enough at the time, or as innocent as sweaty naked thoughts could be, but now that they were suddenly possible they all came rushing back, sending her mind rolling directly into the gutter.
 
Now she had to find out. Would he allow her to touch him, to really touch him rather than just a passing brush? The fact that he'd allowed her to play with him for so long, along with his romantic gesture and everything else, definitely seemed to point in the yes direction so she decided to go for it.
 
Knowing Inuyasha wasn't paying the slightest bit of attention to her, the miko slowed her pace again, falling into step with the demon in question. She could feel the instability in his usually calm and controlled aura growing by the second, and this time when she knew he was about to explode instead of brushing her hand against his, she gently grasped it. She'd half expected him to pull away but he surprised her when he clasped her hand, interlocking their fingers.
 
Finally he had her, the sneaky miko! Now she couldn't get away! Sesshoumaru glanced to the side, seeing her looking up at him in confusion, and he smirked at her, pulling her hand to his lips to press a light kiss to her knuckles. His smirk widened at the awed look on her face and he lowered their connected hands as if nothing at all had happened.
 
He didn't want to end their connection. The feeling of holding her hand was incredible and he wasn't ready to lose it. He'd never been one for physical contact before, avoiding it at all costs even, but now he suddenly was very aware of what he'd been missing out on. If just their hands touching was this good he couldn't help but wonder how much better it would be to hold her in his arms, how much more pleasurable it would be to have her body pressed to his.
 
Neither of them was very aware of their surroundings, both just walking along at a lazy pace while their minds ran circles around them. They were each so far into their own world that they didn't notice how everyone else in their group stopped. They missed it as Inuyasha turned slowly, a dangerous look in his eye. They didn't have a clue they had an audience until the hanyou yelled, making Kagome jump and quickly yank her hand away from the taiyoukai's.
 
“What in the hell, Kagome? Holding his hand? Did I seriously just see you holding his hand?” Inuyasha hollered while stalking closer to where a stunned Kagome stood like a deer in headlights.
 
“Huh? What?” she asked, stalling for time while searching for some kind of explanation, anything to get her out of this situation.
 
He didn't give her time to think of one as he whirled on his half brother. “And you! You better keep your hands offa' her!”
 
Sesshoumaru snarled threateningly. He didn't appreciate Inuyasha's tone and especially didn't like the hanyou's interruption of their moment. What upset him even more though was how she'd pulled away from him as if he'd burned her. Did she not want the hanyou to see? If that was the case, then did she still have some kind of feelings for Inuyasha?
 
He didn't like the emotions flowing through him right then, not even a little bit. He was the great and mighty Lord of the Western Lands. He did not stoop to such lows a jealousy. What had this girl done to him that she could make him feel such things, and so powerfully as well?
 
Sesshoumaru's lack of response to his anger, besides a snarl, pissed Inuyasha off further and he took another aggressive step towards his older brother, his hand on his sword. Just as the taiyoukai was about to draw his sword in response, Kagome spoke.
 
“Inuyasha, where were you last night? Who were you with?” she asked in an all too calm voice.
 
“Well, I… I was… What the hell does that have to do with anything?” he sputtered, the wind knocked out of his sails at her unexpected question.
 
When it became obvious he had no intention of actually answering her, she nodded. “That's what I thought. Now what in the hell makes you think you have any say in what I do or who I do it with? You really think I don't know where you were? I know you were with Kikyo. You chose her. You can't have us both. You chose her and when you did you gave up all rights to be upset about anything I do! If I want to hold Sesshoumaru's hand I will. If I want to do something more with him, I will. It has absolutely nothing to do with you. It's none of your business!”
 
Her voice rose as her anger grew, saying things to the hanyou she'd longed to say for quite a while now. Once she'd finished her mini-rant, the miko turned to Sesshoumaru, her voice much calmer as she spoke to him.
 
“I'm sorry. I really don't know what's going on between you and me right now, but I should never have pulled away like that. I didn't mean anything by it. He startled me. I hope it didn't give you the wrong idea and I'll understand if you're angry or don't want anything to do with me anymore. It's just… it was nice, holding your hand I mean. It was nice and I'm sorry I ruined it.”
 
Sesshoumaru moved to look into her eyes and as soon as he turned his back to Inuyasha, the hanyou took another step forward, only to be cut off by a very dangerous looking Sango and her bone boomerang. “Like she said, none of your business. I suggest you back off,” she said in a very authoritative tone. She wasn't going to let Inuyasha screw things up for Kagome any more than he already had.
 
The taiyoukai cupped her cheek gently and a small genuine smile showed on his face, only for her eyes. “This Sesshoumaru agrees it was nice, very nice indeed. You worry too much. You have ruined nothing.” His thumb traced her cheekbone and he wished very badly that they were alone instead of surrounded by prying eyes. “Nothing can be done that would make this Sesshoumaru's interest in you fade. Believe me, I have tried.”
 
Kagome's eye twitched as Sango sighed and Miroku ran his hand down his face. “You've tried, have you?”
 
Inuyasha let out a bitter laugh and turned to walk away, calling back over his shoulder, “Oh, you fucked up big time, brother. You fucked up good.”