InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moving Up in the World ❯ Boys will be boys ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey. Nice to see you! This chapter is a weenie bit shorter, but you can't expect them all to be 17 pages can you? This chapter is humor (at least I think so) and plot development. I may have gone a wittle to crazy on bits…but I thought about changing them and I just could not do it so this is just gonna be it. Don't worry you guys Miroku and Kouga will both become the upstanding gentlemen that they are soon. This is the last flirtatious monk chapter and Kouga will go through changes soon enough. If you think this chapter is more ooc than usual, you are probably right. I will steer the craziness back on track next chapter. And don't become used to these quick updates…they won't last forever I'm telling you! Is there anything else I wanna say…I don't think so…check my profile for thanks and info on updates as well as occasional Q&A. I change my profile nearly everyday. Enjoy!

P.S. again you won't understand the title till the end…but I couldn't think of anything else

P.S.S I love you all!

Rin awoke to the chirping of birds. She rolled over and suddenly realized that she wasn't in the park. She scratched her head and thought to herself that she would never get used to waking up in this place. She could still smell the wet cardboard of her previous `home'. She just couldn't get over how dramatic the difference was.

She got up and shuffled to her bathroom. She couldn't believe *she* had a bathroom. She remembered when she would go to Kohaku's restaurant and he would allow her to use the bathroom there, other times she had to take a `bath' in the sinks at the gas station. She looked at herself in the mirror and noticed that she even *looked* better. She had lost that gaunt look that was from poor sleep. She had filled out and her curves had become actual curves. Her hair had sheen and her complexion was warm. Wow, she was so surprised at the transformation.

She ripped off her flannel pajamas and hopped into the large standing shower. Ah the steam felt so good. She had expensive soaps and shampoos that she had never dreamed of using. She lathered up and soaked in the relaxing heat of the shower. After a while she got out and toweled of in the fluffy towels. She had used toilet paper and dirty sheets as towels before, but never even an actual towel before coming here. Well, that's wrong she supposed she could have been dried with a towel as an infant. She stopped her train of thought as tears tugged at the corner of her eyes. She walked back into her bedroom and dropped her towel. She stretched and-

"Hey Rin- Ah!" Inuyasha opened the door and to his horror saw Rin.

"EEEEEE!" Rin squealed as she found the towel and ran over and bashed him over the head. "BAKA!"

"JESUS! IT"S NOT MY FAULT YOU WANDER ABOUT NAKED!" he shouted at her with a blush. She pulled her towel tighter and pouted. "Sheesh, it's not as if I saw anything…" he said in his own trademark pouty voice.

"Well…what did you want?" she asked embarrassed to the core.

"I…just wanted to come wake you up. I was gonna leave for work…" he said as he rubbed the bump that was forming on his skull.

"Huh…What for?" she said and then turned to the clock. It said 9:24. "O my god! I slept in!" she began panicking.

"Relax, The Ice Prince isn't upset. He left and said I should bring you in. You had a big day that's all." He said huffily.

"He isn't angry?" she asked.

"Nope, and you can trust me I have seen him angry." Inuyasha smiled wryly.

"All right. Can you give me a minute to dress?" Rin asked him.

"Sure, it's not as if I want to go to work or anything." He said offhandedly.

"Okay thanks Inuyasha, I will be down in a flash!" she said while she ran to her closet.

"Feh." He said as he closed the door.

Rin ransacked her closet and came up with a pale green blouse and a little short gray pleated skirt. That would have to do she supposed. She grabbed some of the first shoes she found, which to her chagrin happened to be one of the larger heeled black pumps that Izayoi insisted she had. Rin ran into the bathroom and brushed her hair, threw on some mascara, and ran out of her room. She went down the stairs two at a time and jogged into the living room. Inuyasha was sitting on the couch watching TV.

"That was quick." He said sarcastically.

"I'm ready." She said breathlessly.

"Fine, fine, I can't believe you are so eager to go work for that frigid bastard." Inuyasha said as he pulled himself out of the deep chair and started towards the door.

"Hey!" she called after him.

"It's not like it is a lie, or even an exaggeration." Inuyasha said while walking to the garage.

"Sesshoumaru has been nothing but nice to me. I owe him my life." Rin said and immediately felt like déjà vu. She felt like she had said that before…weird.

"I don't get that…how did he meet you anyway." He said as he entered the garage and walked towards the silver Lexus that had been Sesshoumaru's. Rin immediately noticed that it had a few dings here and there and the interior was no longer immaculate, as it had been when it was Sesshoumaru's

"Well… he rescued me." She said warily.

"From what?" Inuyasha asked as he turned the ignition.

"Um…a bad situation…" she squeaked.

"Fine, fine. I won't get into it." Inuyasha backed out of the long driveway. Rin noticed that he did so a little to fast and recklessly. "Why did he rescue *you* though? I mean he has never done anything like this before." Inuyasha pondered aloud.

"Hm…I do not know. He hasn't?" she asked.

"Feh. Nothing even nears this. I doubt he would save drowning kittens as cold as he is." Rin bowed her head and Inuyasha turned the radio on. His preference was Lincoln Park.

They sat in silence the rest of the ride and as he pulled up to the entrance he pulled right out into oncoming traffic. Rin held on for dear life. But to her relief the only damage done was to her ears. The drivers were all still blaring their horns. Inuyasha was busy flipping them off and he bumped into the sign that marked his spot `Executive CEO'. Rin let out a sigh.

"We are here." He said as he got out and slammed the door closed.

"I was worried that we would never get here with that kind of driving!" she shouted and gave him another blow to the head.

"Ouch, knock that off, it still hurts from when I saw you naked." He said completely oblivious.

"Eeek!" she squealed and hit him a third time. "Do you enjoy mortifying me?" she said livid.

"Damn, all you wenches are the same." He said rubbing his head. Rin reached the door and only went around twice, she just couldn't help it.

"Myoga, I'm sorry." She said as she approached the tiny man and held out a wildflower she had found outside.

"Oh…it was nothing…you shouldn't have." He said in his tiny gruff voice. Rin caught up with Inuyasha and hopped into the elevator.

"Hey you jerk!" Shippo shouted at Inuyasha.

"Me?" Inuyasha asked cluelessly.

"Yeah you!" the fox boy pointed at Inuyasha's chest to imply that he would hurt him, it was funny to see the boy who was at least half a foot shorter pinning Inuyasha against the wall.

"Wha-? What did I do?" Inuyasha asked.

"You hurt Kagome!" Shippo shouted.

"I did not!" Inuyasha fiercely defended himself.

"Yuh-huh. You met with that Kikyo person. That makes Kagome sad! So don't do it again!" Shippo continued, but the doors slid open and Inuyasha got out.

"I will do what I want you little brat!" he stomped off and Rin slipped out. She made her way to Sesshoumaru's door but was stopped by Yura.

"Hey, Sesshoumaru is meeting with someone important now. You best go off somewhere for a while." She said snottily. Rin didn't know where to go so she slipped into Inuyasha's door.

"Rin?" Miroku asked. "You look simply radiant today." He said as he took her hand. Rin blushed and tried to take her hand back.

"Monk you better back off before I smash your brains in!" Sango yelled as she entered the room. Her angry voice gave Rin the willies. Miroku backed off instantly. "Rin what may I do for you?" she said in the sweetest voice. It creeped Rin out how quickly she changed.

"Oh…just wasting some time." She said casually.

"Rin…what are you doing here?" Inuyasha said as he stomped in the room.

"Sesshoumaru is in a meeting." She said.

"Hah…probably doing the nasty with Kagura." Inuyasha said haughtily.

"Who is Kagura?" Rin asked. Did he really do that with someone? It made her feel queasy for some reason.

"Some bitch he hired for her looks." He said gruffly.

"Inuyasha, you know he fired her right before Rin came." Miroku said mischievously.

"What? You think he is gonna have sex with Rin now?" Inuyasha said questioningly. Rin went redder than a beet.

"Hey! You two knock it off NOW!" Sango practically screamed. "Can't you two dolts see that you are making Rin uncomfortable?"

"Oh…Rin there is nothing to be ashamed about. The naked body and what man and woman can do together is the most beautiful thing on earth. Isn't that right Sango my dear?" Miroku said in his sage voice. Rin went redder at the word `naked' and Sango went red at her name.

"Good morning!" a refreshed looking Kagome greeted them. "What's going on now?" she said after seeing Rin and Sango's red faces.

"Nothing at all. Just a bunch of fools." Inuyasha said.

"Inuyasha is that a bump on your head? How did you get it?" Kagome said in a concerned tone. Rin immediately began praying to Buddha that what she feared would happen wouldn't take place.

"*Rin* hit me." He said accusingly.

"No way. Rin did you?" Kagome turned to her.

"Um…well yes." Rin said quietly.

"What on earth for?" Kagome asked. Rin froze.

"I saw her naked." Inuyasha said expecting to receive more coddling from Kagome.

"WHAT!" yelled everyone besides Rin and Inuyasha.

"I can't. believe. you. Did. that! You. Hentai!" Kagome said while beating the crap out of Inuyasha.

"OW! It's not as if I wanted to! I didn't even see anything!" he rubbed his poor scalp. Kagome marched into her office.

"What a lucky man you are," Miroku said.

"ARGH! YOU BIG LECHER!" Sango screamed and followed Kagome.

"I'm leaving you two perverts too." Rin said and took her and her blush out into the anteroom.

Miroku---------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

"Great, now we have been called, hentai, lecher, and pervert in one ten minute period." Miroku said folding his arms.

"Wrong buddy, I was called hentai, *you* were called lecher and then we *both* were called perverted." Inuyasha said folding his arms as well.

"So, was Rin good looking?" Miroku asked.

"I said I didn't see anything you sicko!" Inuyasha shouted and left to go get something to eat.

"Hm. Maybe I should try to be a little less…promiscuous." Miroku said aloud to himself.

Sesshoumaru----------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

Sesshoumaru had been listening to Lady Kaedae yammer on about this and that for over an hour. He was pretty sure she was very senile, however she had a LOT invested in the company, so he was forced to listen to her stories and delusions.

While she talked he started to wonder where Rin was. She had slept in this morning and he had decided to allow her to do so. He had told Inuyasha to bring her. He had warned Inuyasha about harming Rin. She should have been here by now. And Yura should have allowed her in since Kaedae would not likely know the difference. He decided to page her.

Rin------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------

Rin had been poking about in the anteroom when suddenly she felt something start vibrating in her pocket. She found it and saw that it was the thing Sesshoumaru had given her. It was the one that meant he wanted her. So she marched proudly towards the door.

"Where do you think you are going?" Yura asked.

"I am going to Sesshoumaru's office." Rin said haughtily.

"I *told* you he is busy." Yura drawled.

"Well my beeper *told* me that he *needed* me." Rin said in her best impersonation of Yura.

"Humph. At least my hair is prettier!" Yura called out to the girl. Rin only shut the door in response.

Rin walked into Sesshoumaru's lobby only to notice Jakken was there.

"Stupid gangly girl! You should have been here earlier!" Jakken teased.

"Stuff it Jakken." Rin said and pushed quietly into Sesshoumaru's office. She peered in and saw that an old woman with an *eye patch* was talking vehemently to Sesshoumaru, who in turn, looked bored.

"Ah, Rin. Perhaps you would like to meet Lady Kaedae, a very important board member of the Western Oni Corporation." He said in what Rin thought was a sarcastic tone.

"Hello Lady Kaedae." Rin said happily as she moved to shake the old woman's hand.

"Oh, what a pretty girl!" Kaedae said to Rin. "Sesshoumaru you have such a lovely wife! I think I might just contribute some more money to the company since you will be starting a family soon." Kaedae said while patting Rin's stomach.

"Oh n-" Rin stopped as she caught a look from Sesshoumaru. She realized that she was expected to play the charade and get the old lady to add more money. "Oh yes, me and Sesshy can't wait to have children." She said sugary. Sesshoumaru went pale.

"How did you two lovebirds meet?" Kaedae drawled strangely. Rin realized that she was a couple slices short of a loaf.

"We…met in a…park." Rin said. At least it was almost true, Rin consoled herself.

"That's so sweet!" Kaedae started laughing." You two make an adorable pair you know, your children will be simply lovely." Kaedae yammered.

"Thank you ever so much, it means so much to me and Sesshy dear that you think so!" Rin put on a grand act and gushed. Sesshoumaru bit his lip at `Sesshy', he couldn't believe Rin had said that.

"You know what? I like you girl. Keep up the good work Sesshy. I will contribute another couple of Millions for your future family!" Kaedae said and then got up and swaggered to the door.

"Bye lady Kaedae!" Rin said as the door closed behind her.

"Sesshy?" Sesshoumaru questioned Rin.

"Oh…hehehe." She blushed.

Narraku--------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------

Narraku sat in the darkened room. He had his head bowed and an evil grin on his face.

"Send her in." he barked.

"Ah, Narraku." Kagura purred as she entered and bowed before him.

"I have been hearing some rumors about you." He growled.

"Oh, like what?" she said.

"Like that you were fired!" he shouted.

"Oh…that." She said softly.

"You useless wench. How are you supposed to get to Sesshoumaru if you can't even keep a job?" Narraku growled.

"I shall get him, worry not!" she said confidently.

"Yes, I have a plan. Now get out. I will summon you when I need you." He said in his sinister voice.

"Yes master." She said as she backed out of the room. Narraku sat in the silence for a while. Then he turned towards the doorway.

"Kikyo." He said in a whisper.

"Yes, *Onigumo*," she said viciously. He laughed.

"How does project Shikon fare?" he said lowly.

"I have them all wrapped around my little finger, that is, except for that wretched girl! I shall have to get rid of that little Kagome." She said in a very menacing voice. Narraku laughed.

"I believe I can help you out there."

Rin------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------

Kaedae had left and Rin was sitting at her desk shuffling papers.

"Rin, today I am going to the realtor's." Sesshoumaru said emotionlessly.

"The real eaters? So what is a fake eater?" she asked puzzled.

"No, a *realator*" he said pronouncing realtor. "Is a person who sells property, such as houses or apartments." He explained coolly.

"Oh…why are you going there?" she asked.

"I am going to buy my own apartment." He said looking right into her eyes. She could feel the heat of his gaze.

"Oh…ok. Can I go?" she asked excitedly.

"It is your job to go." He replied as he watched her excitement.

"Awesome!" she pumped her fists. "When do we go?" she asked.

"Ten minutes." He said nonchalantly.

"Yes!" she started grabbing her stuff.

Sesshoumaru----------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

They were pulling into the driveway of the most expensive and well-known realtors in the city. He parked and got out. Rin was practically jumping up and down. He was greeted at the front desk with an awed look as the young man ran to get the manager. He smirked as he realized how imposing he could be.

"May I help you sir?" asked the older looking man.

"I wish to purchase some property." Sesshoumaru said coldly.

"Oh, well then we will see that you are taken care of by our top realtor." The older man led the way to an expansive office with a pudgy man behind it.

"Hello, my name is Sam Jenkins, I will be helping you make your purchase this afternoon." He said positively glowing at the possibility of this huge sale.

"Sesshoumaru Takahashi." Sesshoumaru said icily.

"Yes Mr. Takahashi, and who might this be? The future Mrs.?" He looked at Rin and winked.

"No. She is my assistant." Sesshoumaru said in his most imposing voice. Rin plopped down in one of the two chairs in front of the desk. Sesshoumaru did the same.

"Yes…of course, my apologies…" Sam said nervously. "Well, so what is your price range," Sam asked hoping to move on.

"None." Sesshoumaru said.

"Oh…I see." You could practically see the joy radiating off of him.

"How many bedrooms?" Sam questioned.

"Two, at least." Sesshoumaru stated.

"Baths?"

"At least two."

"Any other particulars?" Sam smiled hugely.

"I would like a penthouse in the city." Sesshoumaru said gruffly.

"Ah! Mr. Takahashi I think I may just have what you are looking for!" Sam said as he typed wildly into the computer. "I have a four bedroom, four and a half bath, two story penthouse on the top of the Marriott. So there will even be room service." He said jovially.

"The price?" Sesshoumaru asked.

"Um…a *mere* three and a half million is all…" Sam stuttered nervously. "It is really simply divine…"

"I will take it." Sesshoumaru said.

"What!" Sam looked like someone had told him that his real father was a donkey named daisy.

"I said I will take it." Sesshoumaru repeated dangerously.

"Okay…You don't even want to look at it?"

"No. What is the down payment?" Sesshoumaru asked. Rin's mouth was an `o'.

"500,000 dollars." Sam said astonished.

"Here." Sesshoumaru filled out a check and handed it to Sam. "When is it mine?"

"Uh…tomorrow." Sam said staring at the check.

"Good, Am I finished?" he said coldly.

"Um…I believe so…" Sam whispered.

"Fine. Rin are you ready?" he turned to Rin.

"Uh…Of course Sesshoumaru-sama…" Rin said in disbelief. The got up and were escorted out and handed the keys by an extremely happy Sam. They got outside and Rin started her questioning.

"So you have an apartment now?" she said trying to open the conversation casually.

"Yes." He stated shortly while entering the car.

"You didn't want to see it?"

"No, If it is displeasing I will change it and if it is truly horrible I will come back and have that man's head." He said while pulling out.

"Oh…I see. Sounds like a really nice place…"

"I suppose." Sesshoumaru knew there was a purpose behind all these innocent questions.

"You are moving out of your father's house then?"

"Yes." He said.

"And so you will be living *alone*?" she prodded. Sesshoumaru inwardly smiled at her cleverness.

"Well, maybe." He said intentionally leaving the bit that she wanted out.

"Maybe?" she sounded a bit desperate.

"Well I suppose if you do not wish to move in as well, I shall be alone." He gave her what she wanted. She looked surprised and happy.

"Oh… well as your personal assistant it would be my duty…as well as not having my own place and not wanting to impose on your family…" Rin failed her attempt to seem nonchalant.

"Yes…" he ended her frantic attempt. The conversation ended in companionable silence. Rin didn't hum. Sesshoumaru assumed it was because she was thinking on her new living arrangement.

Inutaisho------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------

Inutaisho had been busily eating ramen with Inuyasha when he heard the garage door open and close. He knew what that meant, Sesshoumaru was home as well as Rin. He gave Inuyasha a look.

"What?" Inuyasha said with his mouth full.

"Your brother is home, and I don't want any foolish comments." Inutaisho told him in a playfully stern voice.

"What makes you think I would do that?" Inuyasha pouted.

"Besides the fact you always do? I think your brother has some big news for us." Inutaisho teased his younger boy.

"What? That he got Rin knocked up and they had to elope?" Inuyasha said crudely.

"Inuyasha! That was very uncouth!" Izayoi said while leaning on the counter.

"Unco- what?" Inuyasha looked up at her.

"Crude." She replied.

"What is crude? Inuyasha no doubt." Sesshoumaru said while taking of his jacket. Rin followed behind him. Sesshoumaru immediately noticed Rin and Inuyasha's eyes met and they both blushed and looked away.

"Hey!" Inuyasha said half-heartedly since it was him and all.

"Inuyasha, what did you do to Rin?" Sesshoumaru said defensively.

"Me do to her? More like her do to me! She hit me like 3 times!" he said angrily. Rin sighed because fate (A/N: a.k.a. me!) wasn't kind enough to bring this up.

"And *what* might I ask, did you do to make her do that?" Sesshoumaru said in a deadly tone.

"Uh…heh…nothing." Inuyasha nearly squeaked as he realized that the truth would certainly not help his cause.

"Rin?" Sesshoumaru turned to her and said her name in his `god' voice.

"Um…it really wasn't a big deal…" she said softly as she rubbed the back of her head and smiled innocently.

"You will tell this Sesshoumaru now." he stated slowly.

"Um…well Inuyasha walked in and saw me…" she paused and he glared at her. "Naked" she said barely audible.

"WHAT!" Sesshoumaru turned to Inuyasha with death in his eyes.

"I didn't see anything!" Inuyasha shouted before running away as fast as he could. Luckily, Sesshoumaru did not follow him, he merely slammed his fist down on the table, breaking it in half.

"Oh…my." Izayoi whispered.

"Um…it was an accident Sesshoumaru-sama?" Rin pleaded.

"Feh." (A/N: couldn't resist!) Sesshoumaru said and exited the room silently.

"Um…" Rin said as she looked at the devastated table and then to the two exasperated people in the room.

"Boys will be boys I guess…" Izayoi said with her best effort to lighten the mood.

"I guess…" Inutaisho said and then he broke out laughing. He was soon joined by the women as well.

A few oh so special reviewers! (make long detailed responses to get on here baby)

Tsume Yamagata~ Sess/Rin is really the most understated couple! (okay I guess couples like Jakken/Inuyasha are definitely more understated but you understand) they need to be celebrated and stuff! I love them so much!

Owlman114- Sheesh…you really are critical (which I LUV) I really enjoy your reviews.

Vegita-dias~ two puuurfect reviews! Thank you for all the lovely compliments! Especially the inspiration bit. I never even thought I could be even mildly inspirational. Nonetheless by an incredibly wonderful writer such as yourself! So it is an honor to think I can even help you out a bit! Can't wait till you review!

I'm sure there were more I wanted to do but I am lazy so just know I love you.

Next time on Moving Up in the World: Will Rin get Sesshoumaru to quit pouting? How will Inutaisho and Izayoi take the news? How about Sessy's new apartment? And…dum dum dum… what about Narraku and project Shikon? Find out on the next Moving Up in the World!

Love,

KitKat07