InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Angel ❯ Is this the end or the beginning? ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Taisho sighed as he was placed in a chair thanks to Kata and Izayoi. They held him by both his arms making sure that he didn't go into another blood rage and seek out Sesshomaru again. Once he was in the chair Kata and Izayoi let him go pausing for a moment to insure that he wouldn't leave it. Once they were satisfied only when they went to their own seats.
 
It was quite in the dinning room. Sango and Miroku had say what Kagome had done to Sesshomaru and saw why Taisho went into a rage. They were unsure what to think of Kagome now for she was willing to hurt their friend like she did. Though they knew about inu mating, they knew that biting so hard that the fangs penetrate the skin. They shuddered just imaging the pain that Sesshomaru must have felt.
 
“What's going to happen to Sesshomaru now?” asked Sango with sadness in her voice. Sesshomaru was hurt and she couldn't do a thing to help him. Miroku nodded in agreement. It was weird how no one knew that Kagura was no longer there. Kata sighed.
 
“As have you've seen Sesshomaru was unwilling to submit to Kagome. Even though Sesshomaru should know better…” Kata trailed off when Taisho snapped him head her way as gave her a menacing glare for her statement. Kata cleared her throat preparing herself to finish her sentence. “Kagome is truly the one at fault here and I don't blame anyone if they are angry at my daughter.”
 
“I'm not angry, I'm furious!” roared Taisho while Izayoi grabbed a hold of his arm to calm him down but he wouldn't have it. “You should have let me struck her down! I am a fool to let you convince me to left my pup alone with that…that wench!” Taisho yelled out. Gasped were heard around the table and Kata narrowed her eyes in rage. At Taisho's statement Kata shot up and slammed her fist on the table making it break from the impact.
 
“I dare you call my daughter a wench. You don't understand enough what is around you to call her such a name.” shouted Kata. Taisho stood up as well.
 
“I assured you I see enough to see fit that your daughter is one.” Taisho fired back. Kata bowed her head to calm down from her rage. She was the Lady here and it would be no good to get blinded by anger from this mutt. Taisho seeing that she bowed her head thought he won when she raised her head once again but this time she was as calm as ever.
 
“Do you, Taisho? Do you? Do you see how hard Kagome tries to help Sesshomaru? Do you see how hard Kagome has it trying to train to take over for me? Do you see how hard Kagome works to try and make things work for them? Or how she protects Sesshomaru from women that want him for themselves? Kagome has been trying very hard to make sure Sesshomaru is safe, well protected, feed, and comfortable in this place. Sesshomaru still had a lot to learn about this place and I see Kagome teaching Sesshomaru more and more every day to help him to understand. Kagome is trying very hard to make this work even though she is too learning as she goes for this is the first ever mating between an angel and a dog demon. Being the one dominate is hard for Kagome. She is trying to understand things so she can help keep Sesshomaru safe and provided for. It is her duty to do so but it must be hard not knowing the limits, the boundaries between them. If this is right or wrong, and is this best or isn't. We don't know what to expect and neither does Kagome. She is trying her hardest though and you can't blame her for that.” Kata spoke in a nice soft and calm voice. Taisho's anger had slowly decreased at her words. She was right. This is new to everyone especially for Kagome and Sesshomaru. Thankfully Sesshomaru and Kagome spent a lot of time together but not on this subject and some things you can not be taught but had to experience it.
 
“Thank you, mother, for defending me but I must disagree.” said Kagome from the doorway.
 
“But Kagome it is true.” Kata insisted but Kagome shook her head.
 
“That maybe so but as far as I see Sesshomaru does not think that as his beast doesn't fully recognizes me. Being the dominate it is my duty to provide and take care of my mate. I have failed in doing so as Sesshomaru has shown me.” Kagome said to them and turned towards Taisho. “Taisho father of Sesshomaru, you wish to kill me, do you not?” asked Kagome. Taisho began to stutter and refused to look at her. Kagome was like a daughter to him but seeing what she did to his pup he felt so much rage that he said those words because of it.
 
“I do not. I said those words from anger and anger alone.” finally said Taisho and Kagome smiled at him.
 
“I forgive you for I know you mean no ill will to me. If I had seen my son like that I would kill the person who was causing it no matter who it was. I understand.” Kagome forgave him and he nodded. “Now for the real reason I am here.” Kagome told them getting serious. Kagome walked over and sat in a seat next to her mother before she began.
 
“You all understand that Sesshomaru has not woken up by now?” asked Kagome and watched as they all nodded. “I fear that something is gravely wrong with Sesshomaru. I suspect some one is poisoning him. How I don't know but something is wrong.” Kagome told them. Taisho nodded his head.
 
“I agree Sesshomaru would never took this long to recover.” Taisho said.
 
“How do we go about this?” asked Miroku finally saying something. He had been quite lately and only took observing the scene around him.
 
“With Taisho's permission I would like a healer to exam him with in me presences of course. Then if there is something wrong with him I am willing to drop all that I'm going to stay by Sesshomaru's side until someone is found. I am sorry to say that if this continues I am going to have to limit Sesshomaru's freedom as much as possible to ensure that he is safe.” Kagome told them. After she said the last part she moved her eyes around the table to see if there would be and abjections to her choices. Thankfully there were none.
 
“I agree but telling Sesshomaru is another. Sesshomaru loves to be outside and roam the castle.” said Izayoi with pain in her voice.
 
“I agree also and it pains me to do so. I know also that he loves to be outside and about.” Taisho said with sadness in his eyes. It was a cruel decision but it had to be done none the less.
 
“I know of this but-” Kagome stopped abruptly causing the others to stare at her.
 
“What's wrong Kagome?” asked a worried Sango when she saw her friend's eyes go wide with fear held in them. Kagome didn't answer her as she shot up from her chair and flew out of the room. The people that were left behind looked at each other before quickly following Kagome. Then Taisho snapped in action when he felt Sesshomaru weaken through their father and son bond. Something wrong was happing to Sesshomaru. With that Taisho like Kagome bolted out the door leaving the others to follow them.
 
Kagome flew as fast as she could to get to the room that she left Sesshomaru in to recover. Someone has broken through my barrier. thought Kagome in fear. Someone was with her Sesshomaru, someone that no doubly was there to kill him. Kagome flew on as she began to go into a rage. Her eyes glowed a soft blue to show everyone else as how angered she was.
 
Kagome got to the room in no time and saw the door was ajar. Kagome not lost to her rage completely peak through the door. Then she lost all control at what she saw. The door flow open and cracked the wall behind it as the door smashed against it. The people in the room snapped their heads to the person that interrupted them. They smirked at who it was. It was perfect. They could get Sesshomaru and Kagome all in one day. Their master would be pleased greatly.
 
“How dare you?!” roared Kagome as she stepped forward. “I should have known! I was always suspicion with you Kagura but how could you Kikyo. Don't you love Inuyasha anymore? How could you betray his family?” Kagome said to the both of them. Kikyo and Kagura smirked at Kagome.
 
“I don't care for that half-breed. He could die in hell for all I care.” Kikyo told Kagome only fueling the rage that Kagome could barely keep at bay.
 
“You're the ones poisoning Sesshomaru aren't you?” questioned Kagome. The smiles on their facing told Kagome everything. These bitched are going to pay. thought Kagome angrily.
 
“How clever of you? Too bad that you're too late!” Kagura yelled out as she opened her fan. “Dance of Blades!” Kagura shouted out releasing her attack. Kagome easily dodged it and took that time to attack them. Kagome had beaten them down and hard. So soon that before the others came to the scene Kikyo and Kagura was on their last limbs. Kagome got ready of the final blow that would end their lives but Kagome was stopped by a weak and painful voice that called out to her.
 
“Kagome…” called out Sesshomaru weakly from the bed. He didn't know what was going on. He remembered refusing to listen to Kagome then pain on his neck. He had called out to father but his father turned his back on him. He must have lost conscious because after that he couldn't remember anything. Now here he was hearing loud noises waking him up. He was weaker then when he lost unconsciousness. That made Sesshomaru feel vulnerable, something he hadn't felt since he was a pup.
 
Seeing Kagome stop Kagura took this chance to make their escape. She opened op her fan and used the dance of blades to make a large hole in the wall behind them. Before Kagome or the others could react Kagura pulled out a feather from her hair and using a gust of wind Kagura and Kikyo went out of the castle back towards their mater.
 
Kagome looked on at them angrily. How dare they escape from her?! Not after what they did to Sesshomaru. They are going to pay thought Kagome as she clenched her fists. But with a sigh to calm her nerves Kagome unclenched her fists. Sesshomaru came first, always. Once Kagura and Kikyo were out of sight Kagome went over to Sesshomaru.
 
He was weak, very weak. Amazingly throughout this whole thing he still remained on the same bed she had placed him on earlier. His breathes were ragged and irregular as he tried to get oxygen into his lungs, his eyes were barely open as there were in slits, and he was tense like he was expecting an attack from someone. Kagome felt so guilty for leaving him all alone as she took his hand into hers.
 
“I'm here Sesshomaru.” Kagome told him. She gave a light squeeze to reassure him. Behind his nearly closed eyes his unfocused pupils looked over to where he had heard Kagome voice. Sesshomaru tried to see her but it was no use, his eyes would focus one second and unfocused the next. All he could do was lightly squeeze back and closed his eyes again.
 
“Kagome…I feel so…weak.” Sesshomaru told her in a whisper. Kagome nodded her head though Sesshomaru didn't see it.
 
“I know. Don't worry Sesshomaru. We have a healer on the way to help you and you'll be back to normal in no time.” informed Kagome trying her best to keep Sesshomaru as calm as possible. It seemed to work as Sesshomaru nodded his head and started drifting back to sleep.
 
Kagome sighed in relief as she watched Sesshomaru sleeping peacefully. She then turned to the others. They were shock was the understatement. Since they got there they have not moved from the doorway.
 
“Mother?” Kagome called out. She watched as her mother shook her head trying to come out of her dream world and back to reality.
 
“Yes, dear. What is it? Is something wrong with Sesshomaru?” asked Kata. Kagome nodded her head.
 
“He is very weak mother. I want you to have the healer set up a room for Sesshomaru. I will be there shortly.” told Kagome. Kata nodded and left the room to inform the healer of his new arrival.
 
Kagome picked up Sesshomaru and began to leave the room with the others behind her. She looked down at her mate. He looked so peaceful just sleeping there in her arms; not a care in the world. That is far from the truth as the days continue. Things were getting harder and the dangers to Sesshomaru and herself were starting to show themselves more every day. It doesn't matter. Kagome told herself. She removed her glaze from Sesshomaru and looked at the seemingly endless hallway. It didn't matter if more threats were arising for she and she alone would protect Sesshomaru even if it cost her, her life. Right now though she had to get Sesshomaru to their healer and she had a lot of things to ask her mother.
 
Kagome came into the healers' wing and went through a door that was prepared for Sesshomaru. Kagome didn't have time to even glance at him before the healers and nurses took Sesshomaru out of her arms and pushed her out of the room. She was mad that they would do that; making her wait out here while Sesshomaru could be dieing in there. This is the perfect time to speak to her mother about some things.
 
Kagome didn't have to go far as her mother was a couple of feet away from her. “Mother?” Kagome called out to her mother. Kata turned to her daughter looking at her with concern.
 
“What is it Kagome? Is something wrong with Sesshomaru?” asked her mother but Kagome shook her head.
 
“No, not really.” said Kagome. Kata stepped up to her daughter seeing that something was bothering her.
 
“Then what is it dear?” Kata asked worried about her daughter and mate.
 
“Something has been happing between Sesshomaru and me.” Kagome started out. Before she could start the rest her mother quickly interrupted her.
 
“What is Kagome? Are the two of you fighting?” questioned her mother but again Kagome shook her head no.
 
“No it's not that but something strange is happing to us. I have done things I shouldn't be able to; like speaking a different language. During the battle that we had I understood what Sesshomaru said in the inu language that only inus could understand. I don't understand. It happened again when Sesshomaru didn't submit to me. When he did it was in the inu language and I understood it. How am I doing this mother?” asked Kagome desperately. Kata put her hand to her face and rubbed her chin in thought of how something like that could happen but the only thing she could come up with was because Sesshomaru was a powerful dog demon. This mating between Kagome and him is the first so it didn't really surprise Kata that changes or strange events would happen.
 
Kata looked on as Kagome started to pace the hall in her wait for Sesshomaru. It was strange that something like this would happen to them but they are the first of their kind. The only thing they can do is wait and see the out come of this mating. For now though Kagome was just concern about Sesshomaru's health at the moment.
 
Kagome sighed in relief. Sesshomaru was going to be fine, the healer had said so. It would seem that Kagome was right in thinking that Sesshomaru had been poisoned some way. Kikyo and Kagura had been putting poisons in Sesshomaru's food. Being a wind witch and a miko they easily hid anything that would detect the poison before it was too late. Thankfully the healer said that they had caught the poison in time and now it was all up to Sesshomaru to heal. It wasn't too bad now that Sesshomaru was having help from his youkai blood again. That was how the poison worked. It was made solely from demons such as Sesshomaru. The poison would slowly eat away the body from inside out and while doing this restraining the youkai blood so that the damage wouldn't be undone. Kagome had questioned why Sesshomaru didn't feel any pain as the poison slowly ate away his body. The healer had the answer. He said that the poison works quickly and the first thing it attacks is the nerves of the body. So when the poison went to work the host that held the poison within didn't feel anything but the sense of being tired and unable to heal as fast as one person would.
 
Kagome stopped thinking about the past as her glaze fell onto Sesshomaru as he rests in the bed in front of her. They were in the room that the healer prepared for them. After checking out Sesshomaru and giving him the medicine he needed to help fight off the poison, the healer insisted that Sesshomaru were to remain here. Kagome protested to this for she didn't want Sesshomaru so out in the open where anyone had accesses to him. That didn't stop the healer though; he demanded that Sesshomaru to remain here in case he turned for the worse or something goes wrong. With the life and safety of Sesshomaru on the line Kagome ended her argument and stayed by his side even after the healer left to check other people out. That had been three hours ago.
 
It was getting dark out now and Sesshomaru had yet to waken. Kagome was starting to get worried. Her worry was so great that she didn't notice the honey golden eyes that appear from Sesshomaru. Kagome still would have continued to not notice if it wasn't for the groan that came from the bed in from of her. Kagome looked up at the noise and saw that Sesshomaru was indeed awake and was now staring at her. Kagome smiled at him with happiness and relief.
 
“Sesshomaru…” she tenderly called out his name as she lend forward and gently cupped his face. Sesshomaru smile back at Kagome. It wasn't big or anything but Kagome would take it. Without him noticing he had lend into her hand as she stroked his check with her thumb.
 
“How are you feeling, Sesshomaru?” asked Kagome. Sesshomaru brought up his right hand and clasped it around Kagome's.
 
“I feel tired but I am fine. Kagome please inform me, what was wrong with me? Why my wounds wouldn't heal right?” he asked Kagome. Kagome smiled sadly.
 
“Kagura and Kikyo did this to you.” Kagome said and Sesshomaru's eyes widened in slight shock. They were behind this? It was them? They tried to kill him. “They put poison in you food and drink. They went to great lengths to make sure that none of us could detect it. Even if that is so, I ask for your forgiveness.” Kagome told him and Sesshomaru looked at her in disbelief.
 
“Why? You even said it yourself that Kikyo and Kagura went to great lengths to hide it.” Sesshomaru tried to reassure her that it wasn't her fault.
 
“It doesn't matter! I'm supposed to protect you! I should have been able to see it! But I didn't and it almost cost you your life. I failed you.” Kagome told him with a sad voice. Sesshomaru shook his head no.
 
“Do not blame yourself. I know the risks to this mating and I know that you didn't fail me. You were there to protect me from Kagura and Kikyo. You were able to get me help and from the looks of things I will be healed in a matter of a day or so. You are not at fault for this.” Sesshomaru told her but she only half listened.
 
“Even if you think so, I don't. But I will forgive myself even if I don't think I deserve it. I'll do it for your sake.” Kagome said to him and he nodded. “I still want to ask for forgiveness from you for I have wounded you far more than I thought. I had hurt you more than I would have liked. I don't know what came over me when I did that. Please forgive me.” Kagome said pleading for forgiveness. Sesshomaru didn't understand at first until he moved and felt a jolt of pain coming from his shoulder and neck area. Bringing up an arm Sesshomaru tenderly touched the area and winced on contact. He remembered now. Kagome had bit into the conjunction that his shoulder and neck met. Sesshomaru knew why Kagome did this; to make him submit to her. He remembers the pain that went with it too. But in the end he had submitted to Kagome, now he and his beast were hers. All what was needed now was the mating and he would be hers.
 
“Do not worry. Anyone could have done it. It is the only way for an inu demon to submit be it male or female. You don't need to ask for forgiveness for there is nothing to be sorry for.” Sesshomaru reinsured her.
 
Sesshomaru…thank you… thought Kagome and she sat by Sesshomaru through the rest of the day and night.