InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Best Friend's Wedding ❯ Miroku's Mind ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SO: (sighs)
KO: what now?

SO: y do u always write the better chapters? >.<

KO: u always say that! Ur sooo the better author!
SO: look at my vocabulary compared to yours!

KO: well that has nothing to do with it!
SO: but if I had ur level of vocabulary I wouldn't have 2 look through a thesaurus!

KO: O.O u do that?
SO: no…but I might have 2 1 day…(sighs)

 

KO: okay! Anyhow! Finally with that discussion over, hey! My first AN thingey here! so exciting! I get worked up over the smallest things! And I finally finished a chapter I worked forever on! :D ok…so getting back on track, basically a repeat on chapter 1, with a different POV. Itz only the first 2 chapters tho. The rest are completely different. Ok, enough said, here's chapter 2! Wow, always wanted 2 say that!

 

Disclaimer: all I'm going to say is see chapter 1…

 

o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O

 

Chapter Two

Miroku's Mind

 

Koharu will be my wife shortly. She is beautiful, kind and loves me more than life. I enjoy my time with her very much, as we are the dream couple. The sitting in a ski-chalet by the fire in mid-winter type. I am so content, and so internally calm. To this, I owe my greatest friend, Sango Taijiya.

 

Let me explain Sango has been my best friend since she was born. I'd say sine "we" were born, but I am a year older than she is. We were never that close in elementary school, though I made gestures of friendship such as putting spiders in her dark hair. For some reason, she did not welcome me with open arms after that. In fact, she struck me with a yellow plastic boomerang.

 

I was rather scrawny and intelligent which repelled the girls all the more. The day I turned six was the day I began martial arts of all sorts, though I came to excel in kendo. Father's gold kendo stick had ever intrigued me.

 

By the age of eight, I trained four days a week. Then came the first kind words Sango spoke to me. "You are quite skilled," she said, nervously twirling her shoulder-length chestnut hair. "I respect you."

 

From that point on, we were friends. But middle school is where our iron bond formed. She was in grade seven, I in eight. Often we would discuss our troubles, dreams, but above all, Sango would talk of her crush, a boy in her grade named Onigumo. I abhorred him, though I listened dutifully to San's lovesick tales.

 

Her love for Onigumo posed as a problem for us, though. Onigumo was the boyfriend of a beautiful girl in my grade named Kikyo. Although beautiful, Kikyo has a heart of ice, and was very jealous.

 

One English period, I was reading in the shade of a mighty tree. Actually, I was not reading. I was watching Sango's class run laps. Sango was walking to the sinks with her other best friend Yura and her love interest, Onigumo. I know not what led up to it, but the next thing I know Onigumo was attempting to kiss San.

 

Before even I could react, Yura had pushed him off. Kikyo was watching angrily from the other side of the sinks. I grew afraid for Sango, because though she was strong, even she could not handle Kikyo and her gang of high school kids.

 

As I suspected, they attacked her after school…but she was not without me. She fought valiantly, but in the end, she lost consciousness, and the fight was mine to take. One fighter remained, so I got cocky…and because of it, I was stabbed through my hand. On my scream, Sango stirred, and sent a high-flying kick at the fighter's head.

 

Sango treated the hole in my hand, and it was then I acknowledged an odd feeling within my soul. I loved Sango Taijiya. Because of that, only San was ever allowed to treat my wound, and even now I wear the bandage she made. It angers my dear Koharu, but she has come to accept it.

 

In high school, my first year was spent solemnly; I was without my best friend. I made new friends, but my lunch breaks were always spent with San-chan. Once she came to high school, we were far closer than any couple. Because we were not together, we couldn't break up. She was incredibly happy and cheerful.

 

Until her father died.

 

She stayed at home for weeks, ignoring my calls, cards and emails. Those weeks were awful for me…I loved Mr. Taijiya too. Sango didn't even appear at his funeral. She refused to believe he was dead.

 

I got so lonely; I broke up with my girlfriend. That only made me lonelier, and I lost Kagome. When I couldn't stand it anymore, I did what I had to do. Clambered up Sango's drainpipe and inch my way along the narrow rain gutters.

 

I peered in the window and saw Sango lying face down on her bed, dark hair neatly reaching the bottom of her breasts. I knew she was crying. I inhaled and rapped lightly on the windowpane. "San," I called quietly. She slowly lifted herself onto her elbows and turned her head.

 

"Miro," she said skeptically, helping me through her window. She sobbed long and hard into me. And I knew it wasn't easy. So I told her, "San, I know it isn't easy, and in time it will get better. For now, you can grieve, but to honor your father; smile again." And she did. Granted, it was small, weak and fleeting, but it was there. I gave a relieved smile. "Scare me like that again and I'll have to resort to more extreme measures," I joked.

 

Being as quick as she was, she shot back a teasing, "Like what?"

 

I knew what I had to say. "I…I'll be forced to kiss you," I began shaky, but finished strongly. Sango let out a sardonic laugh. She'd never been kissed before.

 

"Yeah, like that would…" I didn't want to hear more, so I shut her up. I placed my hand on her cheek and kissed her lightly upon the lips.

 

"That was nice," I commented dumbly. "I mean, for your first time," I was babbling like an idiot and chose to stop. It was good. Really good.

 

"You've kissed a lot of girls, you player," she pushed my head away affectionately. I cringed. I'm misunderstood in that area. It only happened once.

 

No one really gets it.

 

I got accepted to Tokyo U, but I was having second thoughts about going. For the rest of grade twelve I pondered. It wasn't until the first day of university I knew I was going.

 

That year, I partied, studied hard, got hangovers and lost touch with Sango. I made some good friends… Sesshomaru Youkai, Bankotsu Ohama and Ariian Brisgar. I also went through about thirty girls; now who could say that?

 

The next year, I was walking on the campus and I saw a familiar girl with waist-length chestnut hair clutching books. A huge grin spread over my features as I cried out in ecstasy, "SANGO!" the next thing I knew, we were crying and hugging each other.

 

Later in the year, I noticed Sango looking sad. I knew why, she was lonely, and as I was over my crush on her, I decided to introduce her to one of my friends.

 

"Hey, Ohama. I think I have a girl for you," I offered.

 

"Pah, another one of your crossdressers," he laughed.

 

"No, Sango Taijiya." And that's how Sango met Ohama.

 

A few months later, my friends were all occupied with their significant others. Sango noticed this and set me up with her gorgeous friend, Koharu.

 

Koharu had short black hair in a pixie cut and adorable freckles. After our first date, I knew she was perfect. Sweet, an introvert, but not to shy, gently and motherly. We went on a walk to the lakeshore, and then to dinner in a classy restaurant I could hardly afford. I didn't even kiss her, but it was the best date I ever had.

 

Two years later, we were still dating. Koharu was as sweet and supportive as ever. I loved her more than anything, and would give up my happiness for hers. I was finally content.

 

One night, I took Koharu back to the lakeside where we went on our first date. I pressed my lips firmly on hers and lost myself in her dark eyes. I didn't ask her anything, but instead said, "Marry me." Her eyes welled up with joy, and she kissed me. I smiled, "Is that a yes?"

 

It was Sango's third year and my fourth. A few days after I proposed to Koharu, I walked up to Sango and requested to speak with her.

 

"San," I said, but Sango was preoccupied with her outfits.

 

"How does this look, Miro," she asked, not wanting an answer. "I think I may go with the blue…"

 

"Sango," I repeated.

 

"But then again, the pink tank is nice too, what do you think…" I grew sick of waiting for Sango to stop talking.

 

"Sango, I'm engaged," and Sango shut up. She looked at me wide-eyed, almost shocked. "Is that okay with you?" I asked quietly. Suddenly her eyes became full and she smiled.

 

"Of course!" Sango hugged me tightly. I was both thrilled and relieved when San was happy for me, but I felt something else as well. Disappointed…but how could that be?

 

Anyhow, it was the grad party, and I was dancing with Koharu, and I saw Sango being led into a room by Ohama. I grinned, knowing he was going to propose. I hoped that now, Sango would be happy. San accepted, and I knew everything would end up okay.

 

It was one of our last days together, and we were sitting together in out room. She was sprawled out on her single bed in a small white tank, fanning herself with a thick book. I decided then to ask San an important question. "San, would you like to be a bride's maid? You have been my best friend for years…"

 

I'd never seen San so happy. "Of course," she replied hoarsely, tears in her eyes. "Will you be our best man, Miro? I owe my happiness to you. You did introduce us."

 

"Is that all…" I smiled faintly, and the next thing I knew, I had Sango in the powerful circle of my arms, and she pressed her lips against mine. I was startled, but returned the kiss. There is no shame in kissing your best friend, especially if you happen to be in love with your fiancée.

 

Soon, Koharu and I will be joined in marriage, and I owe it all to my best friend, Sango Taijiya.

 

o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O

 

SO: well u kinda ended that abruptly…

KO: well what can u do! I was lazy!

SO: oh well…

KO: well anyway, next chapter really starts the whole thing, the plot I mean. So really think of all this as a prologue, or whatever. Just R&R! :D I always wanted 2 say that 2!!