InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Brother...My Son ❯ Mikos and lullabies ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kagome spent her first day in her grandma's new home unpacking and getting use to her new surroundings. To Kagome's surprise it wasn't as awkward as she thought it would be living in her mom's old room. Souta's room was Kimi's old room which was a good thing because the two rooms had connecting doors the only bad thing about living in the shrine was the fact that she missed her friends and family and that the steps were killer. Kagome went into Souta's room and picked him up, she was going to take him downstairs and into the kitchen to get something to eat. her grandfather wasn't home at the moment. Kagome came down the steps and walked into the kitchen and fixed herself something to eat while Souta sat in his highchair. Kaede came into the kitchen and smiled at the kodax moment Kagome and Souta and made.
"I have heard ye wishes for a computer with thee internet access" Kaede said.
"Yes mam" Kagome said.
"Do you know what we are child?" Kaede asked.
"Japanese" Kagome guessed.
"Yes my child but we are also mikos" Kaede said "You,me,Kimi,Kikyo and your mother and soon Souta will develop powers as a monk even your grandfather has some powers"
"That is why I can create the pink orb" Kagome thought.
"But what does this have to do with me wanting a computer" Kagome asked.
"Once you complete your training that will be your reward and then you may begin to teach young Souta" Kaede said.
Kagome's face lit up that was enough to get her working on her training. "Really thank you grandma, but how can Souta be a monk when he's half demon?" she asked her as she looked at Souta who was looking more and more like Naraku.
"Like you have spoken my child he is only half demon we will train his human half in the ways of the monk and his demon side in the ways of a demon" Kaede said.
"I see well I just hope he doen't take after Naraku." she said as she drank her water.
"With guidance my child and a mother like you he will turn out fine" Kaede said.
"Thank you for the support grandma I won't let you down" She told her. Kaede smiled at her."Grandma do you mind watching him while I take a shower?" Kagome asked her.
"Not at all child, its been awhile since I have gotten the pleasure of watching a child" Kaede said.
Kagome kissed Souta on the cheek and went upstairs, she loved Souta but sometimes she needed a break, like anyone else. Kagome went into the bathroom and turned the shower on while she got her towel and her bath supplies. She took her clothes off and stepped into the shower, and began cleaning herself. Kaede in the meantime played with her little greatgrand son. "You are such a precious boy, and your father will never harm you or your mom." she promised him. Souta seemed to understand what she was saying, and gave her a toothless grin. "I feel it in these old bones your gonna be a strong one and I won't have to worry over you or your mother so much you will protect your mother and yourself both" Kaede said more to assure her self then to inform Souta.
As Kagome was showering she had a flash of the first time Naraku had raped her, she began breathing heavy, She beagn to shake, it felt like he was there. She swore she could smell the colonge he wore. She turned off the water, and got out the shower and wrapped a towel around her and went back into her room. She sat on the bed and cried. "I thought if I moved I could forget about him ,Aunt Kimi was right it's better that I stay here and escape Tokyo for awhile until I can cope with what happened" Kagome said.
Kaede walked up the steps with Souta and put him in his crib before going in Kagome's room. "Kagome what's wrong?" she asked her. Kagome wiped the tears from her eyes. "I thought that if I left Tokyo I would be able to forget about what Naraku did to me, but I can't!, sometimes at night I have dreams of him, like he is in this room, and I know Aunt Kimi said that a demon knows when it's child is born, I'm just so scared." She told her grandma. Kaede hugged her, "Come we will train to help you cope with this." she said.
"Will it really help Grandma Kaede?" Kagome asked.
"Yes my child" Kaede said.
"What about Souta?" Kagome asked.
"Souta will be fine he's playing in his crib, if you want we can take one of the baby montiors outside with us." kaede told her. Kagome picked up the montior and turned it on she checked on Souta before going down the stairs with her grandma.
"Where are we trainging?" Kagome asked.
"In the dojo" Kaede answered.
"What are we doing?" Kagome asked.
"We're going to work on your concertration." she told her. "Why that?" Kagome asked her as they walked in the dojo. "You will not become a powerful miko if you cannot get what Naraku did to you out of your mind. I know it won't be easy but you can't keep letting him control your life." Kaede said as she sat down on one of the mats, kagome did as her grandma and sat down. "Now close your eyes." She told Kagome.Kagome closed her eyes "Now what?" She asked.
"Think of nothing" Kaede said.Kagome did as she was told, and to her surprise her mind was blank, she began to breathe in and out taking in the surrounding noises, she could smell fresh cut grass. she felt like she was being lifted into the air.
"Kagome open your eyes and you shall see how powerful you are" Kaede said, and as Kagome opened her eyes she looked down and Kaede smiled at her she was floating.
"Eeep!, Kagome screeche losing her conteration and fell landing on her butt. "Oof, well that was scary, wow I can't believe I did that I feel better already Granny."
"Todays traing is over you have already master atleast a weeks worth of work" Kaede said and as if on cue Souta began crying and Kagome took off for the house. Kaede smiled as Kagome took off, Kagome was going to be ok, from now on, and with her help the nightmares will stop. Kaede had warned her daugter a long time ago not to get involved with Naraku, but her daughter wouldn't listen to her. Sakura was young and in love, there was nothing her mom could say to stop her. So Kaede gave up and had hoped her daughter would come to her senses on her own, alas she didn't and now Kagome was paying for it.Don't get her wrong mind you she loved Sakura and Kagome and Souta just as much but when you love somebody you don't have to like them at times or their choices.Kaede sighed, she was getting to old for this, she had to get dinner ready so she walked back to the house and went into the kitchen and started dinner. Kagome was in the nursey with Souta singing to him.
"Golden slumber kiss your eyes,Smiles await you when you rise.Sleep,pretty baby,Do not cry,And I'll sing you a lullaby. Care you know not,Therefore sleep,While I o'er you watch do keep.Sleep,pretty darling,Do not cry,And I will sing a lullaby." Kagome sang her voice getting louder to soothe her upset child.