InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Brother...My Son ❯ Tough Subjects All Around ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kagome knew that her friends probably thought she had lost it,She looked out the window as the familliar houses were passed quickly with the speeding Azari in her own road raged induced world,she was in a trance only listening every once in a while when Kagome fed her directions on how to get to Kikyo's house. Kagome herself didn't know if she was sane any more,in her young life she had done so much,in the couple of hours that they were at the mall she had managed to make her self look like a crazy lesbian,insult the future lord of the west,make that same lord give his hamburger...err cheeseburger what ever to a little kitsune boy who stole the said cheese/hamburger and then keep the said theif kitsune. Kagome sighed what had she gotten her self into she was only seventeen raising a four year old spider monk/hanyou,and now she also had to raise a six year old kitsune,she turned around in her seat and look at the very energetic hanyou and youkai cubs that were bugging a less than willing elder dragon by using him as a demon playground poking and proding him where there chubby clawed fingers. She smiled even though her teenage years were spent and she would probably never have a love life it was worth it when she recieved those two fanged tooth grins from her sons.She turned back around and sat correctly in her seat when Azari poked.
"Are we getting any closer or do we have to stop for food and water?" Azari asked.
Kagome looked around and smiled sheepishly "We passed it" She said.
"You passed it" Azari said "What kinda co-captain are you?"
"One that was distracted by her two adorable pups" Kagome muttered.
"Where's the house?" Azari asked.
Kagome pointed a few houses behind them "There" She said.Azari looked to where she pointed and growled.
"Why didn't you say look for fluffy's car?" Azari asked.
"I forgot they would be there...besides I didn't know if you could tell which cars his" Kagome mumbled.
"Feh that bastards so arrogant he probably drives a limo to the bathroom" Azari said.
"If he's a bastard wouldn't that make you one too?" Shippo asked cheekily.
Azari growled at Shippo, "Shut it runt." she said as she looked out the rearview mirrow for Sesshoumaru's car.
"Hahaha got ya" Azari said as she fixed her mirror and took the car out of park and switched it to reverse,she slammed on the gas only stopping when she was next to Sesshomaru's car, she took it out of reverse and switched it to drive parking infront of Sesshomaru.
Kikyo got out the car first followed by a yelling Inuyasha. "Don't you know how to drive!" Inuyasha yelled at Azari.
"Oh pish posh no ones dead" Azari said as she climbed out of her car,everyone slowly exited their cars.Kikyo and the others left leaving Kagome,Souta,Shippo,Azari and Ryuho.They began walking when Shippo stopped.
Kagome turned around when she saw Shippo stop. "Shippo what's wrong?" Kagome asked him as she walked over to him.
"My shoes untied" Shippo said,as he attempted to tie his shoes.
"Here let me help you" Kagome said "If you all don't mind,can you take Souta on into the house you cant miss it,its the one with the japanese flag" She said,Azari was about to decline when Ryuho pulled her along finally having the chance to hold hands with his girlfriend even though hisother hand was busy holding on to a reluctant hanyou. Ryuho looked at all of the houses there was atleast five that had the japanese flag flying high deciding not to go back and ask Kagome knowing he would be stuck with the children while his mate-to-be pranced off with her friend he decided to use his nose instead.Azari followed Ryuho to Kagome's aunt house with a squriming Souta, Ryhou knocked on the door and Kikyo's mom answerd the door.
"Hi, you must be Aunt Kimi, Kagome told us to come in and wait inside for her, she'll be in any minute." Azari told Kimi.
"Aww and you must be Azari you look so much like your mother" Kimi said as she spotted Souta,she picked him up "Please come in" The two teenagers walked in and the door was shut behind them.
"Now lets tie that shoe" Kagome said as she picked Shippo up she heard him wince as she sat him on the hood of her aunts car.
"Shippo what's wrong are you okay?" Kagome asked him.
Shippo turned his head away from her. "I'm just a little sore." Shippo said.
Kagome pulled his shirt up and gasped. "Oh my Shippo" She said disgusted at all of the burns and bruises she saw,some looked infected.
"Are you going to take me back?" Shippo said "I wont go back there"
"Of course not honey, who did this to you?" Kagome asked him as Sango and the rest of them came over to see the wounds and what was taking them so long.
He pulled his shirt down "Not all parents love and adore their children" He spat out.
"I thought your parents were dead?" Sango said.
"They are" Shippo said "Dead to me" Kagome had tears in her eyes how could someone 's parents be so cruel, but then again her own father had raped her several times resulting in the birth of Souta.
"Don't cry" Shippo said choking back his own tears"I don't need pity, just take me home for I can run again"
"No your not going back your going to stay with me and Souta, now lets go inside and take care of your wounds." Kagome said picking him up and carrying him to the house.Shippo was shocked usually they would just take him to the police station or to his house where his parents put on a display that they were worried sick about him when really they were only worried about being turned in for neglect and child abuse.The others were also shocked but not as much as Shippo for they knew that Kagome was pure hearted thus stating her miko abilities. Kagome greeted her Aunt Kimi and told her about Shippo.
"Take him up to your old room and take care of him , I'll watch Souta while you do." Her aunt told her. Kagome thanked her and left leaving a growling hanyou behind.
"Someones jealous" Azari teased. Kagome took Shippo up to her old bedroom and and helped him out of his shirt and looked at the wounds some were so deep, that blood ozzed from them still. "I'm sorry Shippo this might hurt some."Kagome told him.He nodded letting her know that he understood,she raised her hand over his chest and closed her eyes moments later they shot open and her once brown orbs were replaced with ghostly white eyes. She concentrated her miko powers as to not purify him and cleansed his body of the wounds only leaving scars and the memories those scars held.She went into her old bathroom she shared with Kikyo and wet a rag with warm water to clean the dried blood.She returned to Shippo's side and began the process of cleaning his small chest being careful not to rub to hard to bring any pain incase he had any internal wounds which she planned on getting checked out when she took Souta and herself to the doctors for their yearly check up.Shippo loooked at Kagome she was the first person demon or human that had cared about him.
"Kagome can I take a nap? Im tired." Shippo asked her.
"Yeah I'll wake you when were ready to leave" Kagome said she tucked him into her old bed and kissed him on the cheek,she frowned when she saw his shirt it was worn and had holes in it "Tomarrow when we go to the mall I'll buy you some new clothes and toys"
"Thank you mama." he said before drifting off to sleep.
"Mama" Kagome repaeted "I just can't get tired of hearing that" she said before walking out she turned off the lights and walked down stairs.Kagome came back down to see an angry little hanyou glaring at her.
" Souta what's wrong?" she asked him.
Souta growled at her,making Kimi laugh "Jealousy all parents go through it" Kimi said "Siblings,cousins,strangers doesn't matter kids want more attention than other kids get"
"Thank god Im an only child" Kikyo said.
"Pish posh" Kimi said "You and Kagome use to battle for attention every second of the day"
Kikyo smiled. "Souta you know I love you but Shippo needs love as well and if you give him a chance I'm sure you two can be brothers." Kagome said as she bent down to Souta.
"Your my mom not his" Souta said.
"Yes but I want to take care of Shippo, don't you want an older brother, someone to look out for you and play with you?" she asked him.
"Yeah but I don't want to share you" Souta said "He can have Azari"
"Sorry kid Azari and I don't plan on having any kids for sometime." Ryhou said as he held his girlfriends hand.
"You don't have to share me" Kagome said "Theres enough room in my heart for you and Shippo..now will you give him a chance?"
"Fine but I get the left side" Souta said.
"Okay" Kagome giggled "Im sure Shippo won't mind having the right side"
Kagome talked to her aunt and friends about all the thing that she had learned and done, when she saw Souta was asleep she told them how Naraku had began to contact her. "Aunt Kimi he said that he's going to make you pay for interfearing."
"He must not remember who I am" Kimi said.
"Who are you?" Kagome asked but Kimi ignored her.
"Oh look at the time there" Kimi said "We better hurry if were going to go see Tsuki and then Im sure we'll end up going to Inutashio's if he and Izayo are not already there"
"Your coming?" Kikyo asked.
"Of course dear" Kimi said "They are my friends"
"Okay let me go wake Shippo" Kagome said standing only to see Shippo come down the stairs.
"Ready to go?" She asked him as she began to wake Souta. Kagome picked up Souta and took Shippo by the hand and walked out of the house with everyone else following behind her when they got to Azari's car Kagome looked at Ryhou. "Since I'm in a good mood, you can sit in front with Azari while I sit in the back with the boys."she told him.Ryuho didn't have to be told twice as he hopped in the front seat,Kagome laughed as she got in the back with her sons. She strapped them both in and buckled her own seat belt as Azari sped away with her aunt kimi and her friends in tow. Azari drove back to her home she wondered how Sesshoumaru and her mom were going to react to each other,the two hadn't seen each other since her dad decided to move.Kagome on the other hand was also worried about how Tsuki would react,to her bringing Shippo home. She said she wouldn't treat Kagome any different than her biological daughter but had Azari ever brung home stray youkai?Azari pulled up to the house parking in the garage, everyone exited the car and waited for the rest to park their cars. Once they were all out Azari took her house key out and unlocked the door. "Mom we're back." she said,
Tsuki came to greet them when she smelled a familliar scent. "I know that stench if isn't Kimi Higurashi" Tsuki said shocking everyone besides Kimi of course.Kimi stood her ground as the others backed away from the two elder females. Tsuki began circling her. "Look what the dog dragged in" Kimi bit out. Their battle faces fell and they giggled before hugging each other.
"I'm so glad to see you, how have you been?" Tsuki said. Sesshoumaru looked at his mother waiting for her to acknwledge him.
"Fine...If only Sakura was here we could be the three musketeers again" Kimi said.
"But-" Tsuki stopped herself when she smelt Kagome's scent along with a few new ones and a few old ones that she hadn't smelt in a long while.
"Sesshoumaru are you going to continue to hide or say hello to your mother?" Tsuki asked.
"The jigs up" He said with a smile that made Kagome's heart stop,the first time she saw him show any emotion besides when talking about Rin.Sesshoumaru walked over to his mother and hugged her. Kagome watched the two, Azari breathed a sigh of relief she thought the two would be yelling like they did.
"Now where is my step son" Tsuki said ending the hug,and sniffing out Inuyasha.
"Right here Tsuki" Inuyasha said as he walked towards her.
"Pish posh" Tsuki said "Call me mom, I don't like any other name its either mom or grandma for you kids"
Inuyasha smiled. "Ok mom." he said testing it on his tongue.
"Are you kids hungry?"Tsuki asked them then noticing a kitsune standing next to Kagome.
She bent down to Shippo's level "And who might you be love?" Tsuki asked.
"Shippo" He said.
"Wheres your mommy?" She asked.
He pointed to Kagome "Aww your a lucky one,she's a great mom"
Souta growled at what Shippo said. Kagome looked at Souta , "Souta you promised." Kagome said to him.
"Ah jealousy I see" Tsuki said "Souta you know that you can't stop your mom from loving some one besides you..if you did that then Azari wouldn't be your aunt,Ryuho wouldn't be your uncle,I wouldn't be your grandma,you wouldn't have any relatives at all..and that wouldn't be any fun..who would train you?..who would spoil you like I do?"
Souta looked up at Tsuki. "I'm sorry grandma." he said. "Well then can I tell you what Sesshoumaru did to my brother?" he asked ignoring the growl coming from said demon.
"Yes you may what did he do to Shippo?" Tsuki asked.
"Shippo was hungry and took Sesshoumaru's burger and Sesshoumaru grabbed Shippo and held him in the air I was afraid he was going to hurt him, if Mama hadn't stepped in. " Souta said and stuck his tongue out at Sesshoumaru.
"He what?" Tsuki roared.
"Then he tooked it away and made him cry" Souta added.
"It was my food, I was hungry ." Sesshoumaru said. "I gave it back to him." he added. looking at Souta.
"You shouldn't have tooken it from him in the first place" Tsuki said "Stealing is not the answer but taking food away from a starving child is morally wrong"
"This kids good" Inuyasha said staring at Souta with pride and adoration.
"Shut up Inuyasha." Sesshoumaru growled. "How was I to know he was straving, Inuyasha does the same thing." he said.
"Not from children" Inuyasha defended.
"So Rin is not a child?" Sesshomaru asked.
"Not a starving one" Inuyasha said.
"Speaking of Rin I have to get home, to help her" Sesshoumaru said,
"Who is Rin?" his mom asked him.
"Rin is my daughter." he told her.
"Your daughter" She said sadly "I've missed so much"
"I know." Sesshoumaru said. "But you're here now and you can meet her." he said.
"But your father..." She said never finishing her sentence.
"We live there to mother..he can't say anything about you being there and he wont" Sesshomaru said.
"Hai we'll go" Tsuki said. Tsuki rode with Kimi while the reast once again got in their cars and followed Sesshoumaru's car to their father's house.
"Sesshoumaru dad is going to kill you and so is mom." Inuyasha said to him.
"Inuyasha it's about time dad and mom settled things once and for all, and our other mom is not unkind or the jealous type." Sesshomaru said.
"Then why did they move?" Inuyasha asked,getting the attention of everyone else present in the car.
"At the time it was for your safety, dad didn't know if mom would want to kill you ,though she had the right by demon laws." Sesshomaru said.
"I don't get it" Inuyasha said "We lived together for awhile and she never tried to harm me"
"Dad just said it was for the best." Sesshoumaru said as they pulled up to the mansion.Azari's car pulled in next's to Sesshomaru's followed by Kimi's.
"Wow big home." Shippo said as he got out the back seat.
"Is dad home?" Azari asked.
"Hopefully not" Inuyasha said.
"Why are you so scared Inuyasha?" Sesshoumaru asked him.
"Why aren't you?" Inuyasha asked.
"Because mother and mom won't let dad get too out of hand." Sesshoumaruy told him as they walked to the house Sess taking out his house key.The others followed his lead and waited for the door to open.
"Im worried about mom and mother getting out of hand" Inuyasha muttered.Sesshoumaru unlocked the door followed by everyone else. And was nearly knocked over by a very excited little girl.
"Daddy, Daddy your home!" she said.The little girl looked about Shippo's age,she was an inu hanyou,that looked very much like Sesshomaru. She had silver hair with natural raven streaks,one ear was white while the other was black. She had one golden eye and one brown.When she smelled unfamilliar scents in the room she hid behind Sesshomaru's legs.
"Rin is very shy about the way she looks" Sesshomaru said "They pick on her at school"
"Aww.", Kagome said as she walked over to Rin. "Hey Rin you don't have to be shy around us, I think your beautiful I wished I had silver hair." she said to Rin. Rin moved from behind Sesshoumaru's legs and slowly apporached Kagome. "You're not going to make fun of me?" Rin asked her.
"Oh god no" Kagome said "Your too pretty to let mean words hurt you...when some one makes fun of you its because they're jealous...and if its a boy it means they like you"
"So is that why you said things about Kagome in the car Seshhoumaru?" Inuyasha said and hid behind Kikyo.
"Yay that means Rin will get a new mommy" Rin declared clapping her hands together making Souta and Shippo growl.
"Rin I would like you to meet my sons., Shippo, Souta come here." Kagome called them over Shippo and Souta looked at Rin.
"Hi." Rin said.
"Hi." Shippo said,Souta on the other hand didn't say anything.
"Souta say hi." Kagome said.
"You can't have her shes our mommy" Souta growled out.
"Thats not fair" Rin cried "Then you can't have my daddy"
"Mom Rin's not sharing" Souta cried.Kagome sighed she thought Souta would be more understanding after the talk they had earlier.
"I hate you" Rin cried.
"Your ugly" Souta yelled. Rin started crying, and Souta followed suit.
"Souta" Kagome said "Rin...." Sesshomaru growled at Souta,making Kagome turn on him.
"Don't growl at him, this is just all new to him!" She yelled at him.Kimi and Tsuki looked at each other.
"Enough!" the two women yelled.
Thats when Shippo started crying. "Stop it don't hit her" He cried out,memories from his parents drunken nights spent arguing and fighting and when they were not hitting each other they turned on him and beat him until they sobered up and he ran again.Kagome didn't know what to do three kids were crying and it was all her fault she didn't know who to console first.
Then she wondered what would her mom do. "Come here you guys." she said to the three crying little ones. Shippo, Rin and Souta all walked over to her still crying.
"Now don't you three want to be friends?" she asked them. The three looked at each other and nodded thier heads yes.
"Good, Souta , Rin apologize to each other." Kagome told them.
"I'm sorry Rin" Souta said.
"I'm sorry Souta." Rin said.
The two gave each other a friendly hug and Kagome turned on a still slightly crying Shippo. "Now whats wrong with you love?" She asked taking the kit into her arms.He didn't know if he should tell her but if he didn't she might get angry and repeat what his old mother use to do or worse she would take him back so he began his tale when the door opened and two more listeners entered the mansion.
"My mom and dad weren't always mean to me, they were the best parent's any kid could want, but then when dad got fired that was when the abuse began." Shippo said. Shippo continued his tale. " It started with my dad just hitting me but then things began to get worse." They had cut Shippo and his tale off long enough to move into a more comfortable room,where everyone could sit down and where tissues were available.Shippo's aura had flared out and he went from sad to angry as he continued.
"Dad started coming home drunk and mom started not coming home,everytime time they came in that door they smelled funny,like what they smell like in the spring time but it wasn't the same,they didn't smell like each other,mom smelled like alot of people,dad smelled like alcohol and a wolf demoness he always smelled like the same demoness" Shippo said.
Kagome held Shippo tighter to her as he continued, "Sometimes dad was so drunk that he would just fall asleep in the hallway, and mom would come in barely dressed. In the morning they would act as if nothing happend.Then one day I accidently broke mom's dish and she went off on me she began beating me, telling me I was worthless, she tore my shirt off and took her ciggerates and burned them in my back." As if to show them he wasn't lying he took off his shirt and stood his back facing them and they all looked at six identical circular burn marks etched into his scarred back.
Kagome felt puke rise in her throat and she gagged,finally the puke was replaced with a lump and she was passed tissues for the oncoming water works,Shippo sat back down not bothering to put his shirt back on as he continued talking. "Mom started bringing home her so called 'friends' when dad wasn't around, when I asked her why they were all guys and why they were always in her room she would say that they were her bosses and that she was making money so that we could eat,she never told me why I heard wierd noises coming from her room or why when they came out they smelled funny" Shippo said.
Inuyasha had tears in his eyes. "Then dad started beating me because my grades were dropping he had gotten a call from the school and they told him how I was failing some classes.When I got home as soon as i made it through the front door dad through me to the floor and began beating and kicking me."
Inuyasha rubbed furiously at his eyes who were at the moment betraying him,when Kikyo passed him some tissues. "Thats the first time I ran,I was six it was about a year ago,I was gone for three days and I got really hungry I started begging for food but no one seemed to care until this one old man took me in he gave me food and then he....he.....he ta...touc-" Shippo couldn't finish his sentence.
"Shh Shippo, it's okay you're safe now." Kagome said a she kissed his cheek.Shippo knew he wasn't safe,only when he was awake because the old man haunted his dreams and even when he was awake he seemed to be there infront of him coming closer and closer clad in nothing but his boxers.
"The man he touched ne between my legs and and kissed me, he tried to get me to go back to his bedroom, but i manged to bite him with my teet and ran home. When I got home I was actually happy to see my parents. My mom asked me where had I had been. She then sniffed me and, she slapped me across the face,"'You little bastard now you sleep with men?!"' she said to me.Thats when she had done the same thing the man had done but she made go in her bedroom she said she wouldn't have a fag for a son,I kept on running but I got caught and sent back every time, each time the punishment got worse until today I ran and I got caught but I didn't get sent back" By the end of Shippo's story everyone in the room was sickened or in tears.
"What a sad story" a lighter female voice said everyone turned around to see Inutashio and his wife Izayo. standing there Izayo in tears now. Shippo was enraged and quickly through his shirt on,he hadn't invited them to listen and he felt betrayed and dirty,dirty like the day with the old man and his mom.
"Mom, dad how long have you been here?"Inuyasha asked now standing up.
"A little while before the part about all of the bosses" Inutashio said,making Shippo growl.
Tsuki turned to her ex husband and his wife. Inuyasha did a double take. "Tsuki what are you doing here?" he asked.
"Visiting my sons and my grandaughter" Tsuki said.
Inutashio then looked at his two sons. "Why did you let her in this house!?" he bellowed not even noticing Azari was in the room.
"See this is why I said this was a bad idea Sesshoumaru." Inuyasha said. Azari was fed up with this she had just cried for almost an hour listening to the kitsunes story and then her father dare ask why her mother was in this house, she let out a ear piercing growl.
Inutashio turned to where he heard the growling. "Azari you're heere as well?" he said.
"What's wrong with you father didn't you just hear Shippos's story!" Azari yelled.
"What does that have to do with this?" Inutashio asked.
"This is neither the time or place for petty arguments." she growled. "People are hurting inside and out and here you are bitching about mom being here....when she never yelled at you for being with her....I came here to see you...I came here to see Inuyasha..I came here to see Rin..I even came here to see Izayo and you want to throw out mom...you try it and I'll disown you...placing more dishonor to you and the west"
Inuyasha looked at Sesshoumaru. "We will talk about this later."Inutashio said. looking at Tsuki.
Thats when Inutashio saw Kimi,Kagome,Kikyo,Ryuho,and Souta. "Sakura's daughter" He said with a smile as he walked towards Kagome "He look more and more like your mother every time I see you but you have changed" He then spotted Kikyo "You both have"
Kagome looked at him. "I'm sorry but I don't remeber you." Kagome said.
"I was friends with your mother and father" Inutashio said "Very fine people..you were young then barely knee high to a grasshopper"
"My father was not a good person" Kagome yelled her aura crackling.
Inutashio turned to Kagome's aunt. "She doesn't know does she?" he asked Kimi.
"Iie,neither of them know" Kimi said.
"This will take awhile" Inutashio said "Well for starters your not human....."