InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko ❯ The Girl From the Future ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The girl hopped out of the well and stood on the lip of the well and looked around. She was dressed in a black outfit (tight fitting shirt and pants), a black backpack on her back and a silver belt. She had long white hair, a long fluffy white tail, and white ears that were turning this way and that to pick up any signs of life. The smells that came to her were days old. Nope, no one around. Guess I'll go and poke around until she comes back. The girl hopped off the well and took off to check out the area.

Later that day...

"I've got to go home Inuyasha! I have to study for a math test!" Kagome shouted.

"The shards are more important than any stupid 'test'" he growled back at her.

"Listen, I'll say "it" if you don't stop it and let me go! It's only for a day or two! Honestly! You can come back and get me in two days." She glared at him, he glared back. He growled at her and she growled back.

"Hrmph! Fine! I'll see you then" and he took off like a shot into the woods.

"Stupid Inuyasha not understanding how important these tests are" and she hopped into the well.

What she found at the top was surely a suprise. A girl dressed all in black was waiting for her at the top.

"Ah! You made it!" she said and hugged a shocked Kagome.

"What, who....WHO ARE YOU?!" she shouted at the girl and glared at her.

"Ah damnit! I forgot you wouldn't know me!" said the girl and banged her forehead.

"You're darn right I don't know you...even if you do look like...someone I know" she muttered and looked closely at the girls long hair and ears, and was slighty thrown off by the tail.

She's not evil, I can sense that, but...she feels familiar "Are you related to... Inuyasha..or Sesshomaru by any chance??" Kagome blurted then immediately wished she hadn't said anything.

The girl just smiled. "I can't say now, but I did want to meet him. I'm supposed to help him and Kagome to find the rest of the shards. You are Kagome right?" at her nod Emiko continued "I can only go back 400 years through the well...but I figured maybe...if I went with you I could meet him?" she pleaded to Kagome.

Kagome rubbed her forehead. "I have tests tomorrow so I won't go back until the day after. I suppose you can wait until then?" The girl looked sad then perked up with a smile.

"Sure! And maybe I can help you study, and tell you about myself some." and they walked into the kitchen.

Kagome showed the girl up to her room and the girl sat on the floor and looked around.

"So talk" Kagome said as she unpacked her bag.

"Well, my name is Emiko, My mom is dead, hence the mourning clothes, my dad...well...he's not around much. I'm 385 years old and I've come back here at my mothers request to help you and Inuyasha find the shards." She ended with a sad smile as the thought of her mother made her sad, then she looked at Kagome and perked right up.

"Okay...that's weird...do I know you're mother?" Kagome asked.

"uh...I can't say right now" Emiko said, "I'm sorry, there are just some things you shouldn't know. If I told you now, it could possibly mess things up in the future."

Kagome sighed, life is just too weird now she thought. "Okay, now you said you could help me with my math?"

Emiko grinned. "Yep! Math was my strong subject in school, my mom hated it though" and she blushed a little at that little slip.

Kagome gave her an odd look and they bent over her text book and Emiko explained the math problems to Kagome to make them easier to understand.

The next day...

"Yay! I know I aced it!" Kagome yelled as she skipped into the room with a happy grin on her face.

Emiko was lounging on Kagome's bed, her fluffy tail twitching every now and then, and looked up from the magazine she was reading. "I knew you could! That's how it was done for me so I could understand it." and she sat up and her ears turned. She looked out the window and spotted Inuyasha sitting in the tree outside.

Kagome noticed Inuyasha at the same time and let him in the window.

"What are you doing here Inuyasha!" Kagome said with a slight smile "I said tomorrow I'd go back with you."

Inuyasha just looked at Kagome for a second and looked at Emiko. "Who are you?" he growled.

"I'm here to go back with you and Kagome and help you find the rest of the shards, the name's Emiko." She stated and matched his glare with one of her own.

Inuyasha growled at the girl and Kagome stepped between them. "It's okay Inuyasha, I've been talking to Emiko here and I think she may be able to help us"

He imediately grumbled and sat on the bed and glared at Emiko. "You smell familiar, but I can't place it. Have we met?"

"Not yet we haven't" she answered cryptically and laughed.

When she laughed she looked a little like my mother...but with my hair and ears...and her eyes weren't gold but a dark blue...Bah, weird stuff he thought.

"Well, did you take your test" He asked Kagome and she smiled.

"Yep! And I'm almost positive I aced because of Emiko helping me!"

Emiko scratched the back of her head "Naw, you just needed it explained to you, I'm sure you will do good on the rest of your tests now." and she chuckled.

Inuyasha growled "Whatever, with another person helping it should go faster then" he grumbled "So can we go now" he asked

Kagome grumbled and started to repack the back she had just unpacked. "Fine, I'll go back with you, but next time I come back it'll be for 4 days...without you bugging me!" she said and went downstairs to grab some food to stuff into her bag.

Emiko looked at Inuyasha and raised an eyebrow, picked up her bag and followed Kagome downstairs. Inuyasha, grumbling all the way, followed downstairs after them.

As Emiko leaned against the counter watching Kagome stuff tons of instant ramen noodles into her bad, Inuyasha stalked around the room impatiently.

"All done!" Kagome said

"Bout damn time" Inuyasha muttered and Kagome glared at him.

Emiko watched the exchange with barely hid amusement and followed behind them as they bickered back and forth. As they aproached the well she got a little nervous...I sure hope I actually go back, she thought, cause Father is counting on me.

Inuyasha watched Emiko's wary expression and smirked. "You afraid?" he asked and she glared at him. "None of your damn business" she said with a growl and hopped up onto the side of the well.

"Well, lets go then" Kagome said as she held Emiko's hand and they all jumped down the well.