InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko ❯ Mama And Daddy ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
She walked along until she found a very tall tree, she leaned her Kwan Dao against it's trunk and hopped up to the first branch and hopped along the branches until she reached the top of the tree. Then she sat there and watched the sun finish setting holding onto her "compact" as the sky turned dark.

Well, Mama, I've proven myself as a good fighter. Thanks again Daddy for the training and she thought back to the years her father had taught her how to fight. Daddy is a strong fighter here too she thought and smiled sadly. Suddenly a voice hollered up at her from the base of the tree.

"Emiko! Kagome is making noodles! Would you come down to have some?!" it was Miroku and Emiko smiled and jumped down a few branches before leaping from the tree to land in front of him.

"Sure thing!" she smiled and taking up her Kwan Dao held onto Miroku's arm and followed him back to the others.

"So, there you are girl" Inuyasha said as they came into the clearing and she raised an eyebrow. Inuyasha was slurping down instant cup-a-ramen noodles.

"Yeah, here I am" and she took a seat next to Kagome who handed her a cup of ramen noodles.

"Thank you Kagome" she murmured and started to eat the noodles. "Ah! I haven't had ramen in AGES!" she said happily as she drank the broth from the cup.

"So, you said your father taught you how to fight" Inuyasha said to Emiko and she looked at him a bit warily.

"Yes, What about it?" she asked

"Are you planning on telling us who your father is?" he asked

"I guess I can tell you something about him" she said and tried to figure out a tactful way to tell them without giving too much away.

"My father is the Great Demon Lord of the Western Lands" she said with a smile. There, lets see how they handle that she thought then was in for a shock.

"Sesshomaru is your father!?" he roared and jumped over to fire to swipe at her.

"Urk!!" she cried and jumped out of the path of the blow that could possibly have taken her head off. "I didn't say THAT!!" she cried and stood up in a defensive stance.

"You just said..." he started with a growl.

"That I am the daughter of the great lord of the Western Lands, yes, I did say that but I DIDN'T say it was Sesshomaru!" she growled at him. There was a pause, then Emiko said in utter disbelif "YOU WOULD TRY TO KILL YOUR OWN NEICE YOU JACKASS!?!"

"AH HAH! so you are Sesshomaru's heir!" Inuyasha said in a triumphant voice.

"no you dipshit! but when I see her, I'll be sure to tell her of her loving uncle!" she said sarcasticlly.

Kagome finally grasped at what Emiko was saying. "You mean there is a new Lord of the Western lands?" she asked, pretending the 2 hanyous didn't just fight, and Emiko nodded while keeping a close eye on Inuyasha.

"Right, Sesshomaru isn't the great lord for long" Emiko says and sits back down and trades glares with Inuyasha.

"Humph. I think you're lying you bitch" he growled and was rewarded with a look of death from Kagome.

"Inuyasha, you're forgetting one important thing" Emiko said "I'm 3/4 youkai. Sesshomaru has no need or like for humans so he couldn't be my father." And she smirked as he digested that little factoid.

"Your mother is human then" Miroku said and Emiko nodded.

"Yes." Emiko confermed.

"So, if your mother is human, and your father is demon, then why do you have a tail?" asked Shippo inoccently.

"I was concived on the night of the full moon. And everyone knows that quarter youkai's turn full on the full moon, so I think that made my youkai blood a bit stronger than my human. I take after my daddy a lot, mama used to say. Of course I'd like to think that I take after her kind ways too," and she smiled sadly.

"Is your mother dead?" Shippo asked

"Yes, she died...oh...300 years ago or so. I stopped counting after 200 years." And she sighed.

"It must still bother you then, if you're still wearing black" Kagome said in a small voice.

"Yeah, I promised mama that I would come back here and daddy helped me. I never gave up mourning for her and neither did daddy. He's okay now, but for a good 100 years he was a wreck" she smiled sadly and yawned. "Anything else?" she asked Inuyasha

"No" he said shortly and got up to leave.

After he left, Emiko looked at Kagome sadly. "He doesn't like me much does he?" she asked.

"He's kinda short with people, you have to learn to see around it. His own mother was human you see, so maybe your story reminds him of that."

"Yeah, maybe that's it. Ah well, I'm going to rest some" and she turned to Miroku and smiled.

"If you want me, I'll be in that tree you found me in" she said with a smile and went running into the forest.

"Inuyasha should be nicer to her" Miroku said and Kagome nodded sadly.

"They are much alike" she murmured. "But if Sesshomaru isn't her father...then who is?"

Inuyasha sat up in a nearby tree and listened to Kagome and Miroku talk about Emiko and him. Good question, if Sesshomaru isn't her father and her father is the lord of the Western Lands, then WHO is her father. He shook his head at the thought then thought back on her behavior. She couldn't possibly be...my child? If she is...then who is her mother? Kagome? But she's 3/4 youkai...but she was affected by the moon... His brow furrowed as he mulled over those thoughts, while in a tree not too far from where he was...

"Damn, I almost let them know who they are to me! I have to be more careful" Emiko murmured to herself as she made herself comfortable on a tree branch and settled in to sleep.

As the sun started to rise Emiko stood on the branch of the tree and counted the days past since the last quarter moon. Shit, it's tonight she thought and with a small yawn she hopped out of the tree and slowly walked back to where the others were camped.

As she arrived she saw Kagome and Inuyasha bickering about Kagome having to go home again.

"You've only been here two days! Why do you have to go back so soon!?"

"Because I have a math pre-exam to take! How many times do I have to explain to you how important this is?"

"Um...excuse me Kagome, did you say you are going back today?" Emiko asked.

Inuyasha growled at her and Kagome answered "Yes, I have to go back, are you coming with me?" she asked

"Yeah, I think I will" Emiko said. Inuyasha glared at her.

"Now what?!" Emiko yelled at him, "I'm getting sick of your attitude, you don't like me? Fine! I don't care what you think of me now, cause it doesn't matter! SO JUST BACK OFF!!!" She hurriedly snapped her mouth shut and stalked off towards the path back to the village.

"Woah, you pissed her off" Miroku said from behind Inuyasha and hurried after Emiko.

Emiko walked down the path steaming because of Inuyasha's attitude. That ass! Mother was right, he is NOTHING like how I know him to be. "I should never have come here" she muttered under her voice as Miroku caught up to her.

"Don't say that Emiko" He said and smiled at her. She smiled back halfheartedly and hugged him.

"Thank you Miroku, you're a good friend" and she kissed his cheek and walked on towards the village.