InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko ❯ The Slip Up ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
At the well the usual argument continues...

"For the last time Inuyasha, we're leaving!" Kagome said as she stomped her foot in irritation.

"All you care about is your tests, what about the shards!" he countered.

"Is this what happens all the time?" Emiko asked Miroku as they watched the couple argue.

"Pretty much" he murmured and she giggled.

"Okay, we're going now Inuyasha" Kagome was saying and Emiko took that to be her cue.

"Bye bye Miroku, we'll be back in four days." And she hugged the shocked priest. She smiled at his shocked expression and walked over to where Inuyasha was arguing with Kagome.

"Okay kids, here's the game plan. We're going back Inuyasha, whether you like it or not. However I think we can agree on a couple of things. If there is an attack, you can come and get us right Kagome?" she looked to Kagome who nodded. "Or if you hear about a shard being near here. Unless one of those two things happen, please don't expect us back in that time. Now, is everyone agreed?"

Kagome nodded and Inuyasha looked about to argue when Kagome growled at him.

"Don't say another word Inuyasha or I'll say 'IT' and I mean it!" she said in a low voice.

He snorted. "Fine" and he turned to leave.

"Thank you Inuyasha" Emiko said and smiled at him. As Kagome hopped up to the well she smiled at Miroku and waved and they hopped down into the well.

Inuyasha turned and looked down the well for a second and sniffed. Damn it, Emiko's going through her change right now, no wonder she wanted to go to the future so bad With the barest of glances at Miroku (who was heading back to the village with a bemused look on his face) he hopped up into the tree to ponder over this new piece of info.

As Kagome and Emiko climbed from the well and headed down from the shrine to Kagome's house the sun sunk below the horizon. Emiko gasped with the shock that always happens at this moon. No more good hearing, eyesight is normal, sense of smell is diminished. Ugh, the only good thing is that now I can mingle like a "normal" girl now she thought and followed Kagome up the stairs to the house.

"Emiko!" Kagome gasped as she saw that she didn't look like a dog-demon girl anymore.

"Yea yea yea, I know." She muttered and sat on the steps.

"You do look familiar like that" Kagome said and peered into Emiko's face.

"Oh, like who?" she asked hoping that Kagome wouldn't figure it out.

Kagome shook her head. "I can't place it. Wait, I thought you turned to full youkai on the full moon? "

"Yes, I do. But I turn human on the night of the new moon too. Suck, dosn't it?" said Emiko, with a sort of downhearted but amused tone.

"I on, it smells like dinner is ready" Kagome responded, and the two girls headed into the house.

After the introductions and dinner Kagome and Emiko went back up to her room. Kagome immediately started to unpack her back and Emiko went to take a shower. As Emiko came from the bathroom wrapped in a towel with another around her head, Kagome was sitting down to study.

"Kagome, I want to go out for a bit" Emiko said

"Go out? Where?"

"To that new club near here"

"Ah, okay I guess. What time will you be back"

"Before sunrise. I have to be able to see the sunrise" she murmured as she brushed out her now black hair. She reached into her bag and pulled out her snugg black pants and top that she had worn when she first got here. "Don't worry about me, I'll be okay." She said as she went into the bathroom to slip into her outfit.

"Okay, I'll leave the window unlocked, come in that way" Kagome said as she came back out te bathroom, and Emiko nodded as she tied her hair up into a ponytail on top of her head.

"Will do, see you later Kagome" she said and with a wave was gone. She whistled as she trotted down the stairs to the street and made a turn around a corner and was gone.

"I don't feel good about this" Kagome muttered then remembered that Emiko could take care of her self so went back to studying. She looked up as she heard a familiar scraping at the window and went to let Inuyasha in.

"Inuyasha! What are you doing here?" she asked and he looked around the room.

"Where's Emiko?" he asked

"She went out to a new club" Kagome said, "Why?" she asked worriedly.

"I dunno, I just have a bad feeling" he muttered and scowled at her.

"Really, me too...I wonder why" Kagome said.

"I have a really good idea as to why we may both have a bad feeling, but I have to talk to Emiko first. When did she leave?"

"About 30 minutes ago. She said she'd be back before the sunrise. She's human tonight you know."

"Yeah, I could smell it when you were leaving...it's weird how she turns human tonight, and full youkai on the full moon" he said with a snort and sat on her bed.

"She looks so familiar" Kagome said softly, "I can't for the life of me think where thought" she said.

"Well, I'm going to find her, you coming?" he asked as he paced around the room. Yes, something was wrong, he could feel it.

"Yeah, I'll go" she said and went downstairs to tell her mother that she was leaving.

Emiko walked along the street when she heard someone behind her, and coming towards her fast. Without looking around she suddenly turned a corner and took off running.

Just my damn luck to get mugged on the one night a month that I couldn't handle it she thought as she rounded another corner and leaned against the wall and wheezed. Suddenly someone running turned the corner and she took off again. Damnit! I can't keep running like this she thought and as she rounded another corner crashed headlong into what felt like a brickwall.

The "brickwall" grabbed her arms and chuckled in a sinister way. "Now then, what have we here?" he said and Emiko started to struggle to get away.

"Let me go you asshole!" she yelled and tried to kick him as she pulled backwards. Her kicks didn't phase the guy who had ahold of her. Suddenly someone else appeared behind her.

"Ah, you got her then!" the other guy Oh goody, big creep and little creep Emiko thought as she rolled her eyes and struggled to escape.

"Okay girlie, if you just be nice to us, maybe we'll let you go without killing you" the big creep said.

"Yeah," the little creep chimed in and Emiko struggled harder to escape.

"Let me GO!" she said as she threw herself backwards using all her weight. She shocked Big Creep enough so that he let go and as she fell back she brought her foot up and kicked him a good one. With a satisfied smirk she watched him go down and she scrambled to get up.

"Oh no you don't Girlie" Little Creep said and he grabbed her by her hair before grabbing her hands too, and forced her down on her knees facing away from him. He leaned over and she gasped at the evil glint in his eye.

L-let me go!" she stammered and tried to sound brave.

"Oh no, you won't get off easy now" he said and took a knife out of his pocket. "You're awful cute, let's see how you look under those clothes" and he slashed at the front of her shirt. She moved sideways away from the knife and instead of hitting her clothes it slashed across her arm opening a deep gash. As he brought back his knife to slash at her throat, until a voice yelled for him to leave her alone.

Emiko was bleeding heavily and was feeling dizzy as she looked up and thought she saw..."daddy?" she whispered as she lost consciousness. Inuyasha just barely heard that and he drew his Tetsusaiga and charged after the creeps. In true bully style the Little Creep ran off leaving the Big Creep lying unconscious on the ground. Inuyasha decided he wasn't worth the effort and looked down at Emiko.

"Kagome! Come here, quick" he said as he scooped up Emiko. She looks like my mother he thought with a little bit of shock and brought Emiko under a light so that they might get a better look at her arm.

"Oh!" Kagome said as she wrapped the gash up with her kerchief. Emiko moaned from the pain and blinked her eyes open.

"Ugh, I hate people" she groaned and tried to sit up. "Blech! I feel like hell. Thank you Inuyasha for helping me" she said softly and bowed her head.

"Yeah well, I don't like seeing my family hurt...especially my daughter" he said and her head snapped up in shock.

"You know?" she said softly and he nodded.

"Well, suspected really, but you just confirmed it. So, who is your mother?" he asked wanting to know but not wanting to know.

Emiko sighed and looked at a very curious Kagome. "Take a wild guess" she said and stood up slowly. "I have to get back to the shrine, I have to see the sunrise" she said and holding her arm turned back around the corner and headed back to the shrine.

"You shouldn't be walking" Inuyasha said.

"Hey, take Kagome back to the shrine, I'll be along shortly" Emiko said sadly and putting her head down continued to walk to the shrine.

"No way Emiko" Kagome said, "We'll walk home with you" Emiko only nodded in response and they walked back to the shrine to see the sunrise.