InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko ❯ Confirming and Bonding ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Emiko's arm was throbbing with pain and she was sure that the wound had opened up again. Rather than tell her two companions about it she trudged on until she reached the corner to Kagome's house. There she looked up and saw that they sky was starting to lighten up some. With a sigh she started up the steps to the little shrine at the top.

Kagome watched worriedly as Emiko moved slowly up the stairs. "Is she going to be all right?"

Inuyasha nodded. "In a little bit she should be just fine" he said and looked at Kagome. "Why don't you go and get some rest, I'll watch her" he said and leapt up the stairs to catch up to Emiko who had made it to the top and was leaning against the side of the shrine with her eyes closed. Kagome nodded and went into the house.

Emiko opened one eye and watched Inuyasha coming up the stairs. Ah dam!, I really screwed up but good this time Mama She thought Daddy is going to kill me when I get home. He told me not to say anything. She sighed sadly and looked at Inuyasha as he got to the top and stood before her.

She turned her head to the East where the sun was just starting to rise above the horizon. With a slight groan she shoved her way away from the wall and walked to where the light from the sun would hit her as it rose.

He stood behind her silently as she stared at the golden orb rising over the horizon. With a soft gasp she closed her eyes and everything came crashing back into place. Her senses and her apperence were back as they normally were. She murmured a small prayer to the memory of her mother and opened her eyes to look at Inuyasha.

"I have to leave now you know" she said and crossed her arms across her chest as if hugging herself.

"Why? Because I know you're my child?" he asked

"That, and because if you know too much of the future it could possibly change decisions that you make. One of them may alter my existence, or wipe out my existence entirely. I will never have excisted, and no one will even have any memory of me." (confusing?)

He looked at her slightly puzzled. "Okay, let's put it this way," she said "if I said to you that on a certain date someone would get hurt, would you try to stop it?"

He snorted, "Of course"

She shook her head, "What if something happened because of the injury, say someone admitted their feelings while they thought they were dying. Would you rather have that not happen?" she asked sadly. "It's just safer for all parties if you don't know what's going to happen, and I can't trust myself not to say something." She looked over at him.

"I don't want you to leave" he said

Now it was her turn to snort at him. "Like you could stop me" she said.

"Ha, I could if I wanted to."

"No, you couldn't" she argued

"Yeah, I could. I trained you, remember?"

"So...that's 400 years from this time. Your a lot better then"

"But I could still stop you if I wanted"

She growled, "Can't you understand, it's not a good idea for me to be here anymore!" she said louder than she intended

"You said you were sent here by both of you parents right, and as one of your parents, don't I have the right to say that I want you to stay until you finish whatever it is you were sent here for?"

"ARG!! When did you decide to act logical!!" she yelled at him.

"Ha! So you HAVE to stay!" he crowed.

"IF I decided to stay it's only because my father would kill me if I didn't do what Mama asked me to!" She growled and turned around to go down to Kagome's house.

"Where are you going?" He asked as he followed her down.

"Where does it look like I'm going?" she said as she hopped up into the tree by Kagome's window and peeked in. Kagome was fast asleep. figures, when I want a hot shower she's sleeping. Ah well, I won't bug her right now She thought and hopped from the tree to land on the roof.

Inuyasha just sat on the branch outside Kagome's window and settled himself in to rest until Kagome woke up. Up on the roof, Emiko was laying on her back in an area shaded by the tree and decided she might as well get some rest too.

She woke up as a sunbeam hit her in the eye, meaning she was no longer in the shade. ugh she thought with a groan as she sat up and opened her eyes. She blinked her eyes wearily as she looked around. Inuyasha was still dozing in the tree by Kagome's window. Emiko stood up, stretched and walked to the edge of the roof and looked down.

Oh good, no one below she said as she took a step back from the edge. With a hop she flipped herself of the roof and landed on the lawn by the back door. And the crowd goes wild!! A perfect dismount! she thought and started laughing as she let herself into the house.

The house was quiet as she walked to the kitchen and started rummaging through the fridge for something to eat. Guess Kagome's still sleeping she thought as she closed the fridge and rummaged through the cupboards. Finding some instant ramen she put the kettle on the stove to heat up as she sat at the table and laid her head down to wait for the water to boil.

Hearing a noise behind her she turned around quick to see it was only a bleary eyed Kagome. "Ah, awake are you?" Emiko asked

"Yeah, not that I want to be." Kagome muttered and took a seat next to Emiko at the table. Just then the kettle started to whistle.

"Want some tea?" Emiko asked

"Yeah sure"

Emiko got up and took out a cup for Kagome and made her some tea, then added the hot water to her ramen cup and sat down at the table with Kagome.

"Inuyasha still sleeping?" Emiko asked as she started to eat her ramen.

"As far as I know." She said. "Are you okay now?"

"Oh yeah, I'm fine, just tired as all hell" she said with a smile and sipped the broth from her cup and got up to toss it out.

"I'm going to take a shower. Um...do you have anything I could possibly wear until I can wash this out?" she asked pointing down at her blood covered top and pants.

"Oh, I think I can find something. I don't have anything in black though, is that okay?"

"No black?!" Emiko asked shocked. "Well, I really have no choice then." And they started up the stairs to see what Kagome had for clothes.

As they rummaged through her closet, Inuyasha decided to make his entrance in the usual way: through the window.

"What are you doing?" he asked in his usual grouchy tone.

"Looking for something for Emiko to wear until her clothes are washed Kagome said.

"I wouldn't even bother washing those" Inuyasha said with a frown "you're not likely to get the blood out of those"

Emiko looked at her clothes with a frown. "Damn, you're probably right. Ah well, I'll just have to go buy some new clothes."

Kagome found a dress and a hat from the closet. "No black, but dark blue is close right?"

"Good enough" Emiko said and grabbed the dress and went to take her shower. A second later Emiko popped her head out. "Kagome, could you throw me my bag please?"

Kagome tossed Emiko her bag, and turned back to her desk as she heard the shower running. She sighed and sat at her desk and stared out the window. After about 7 or 8 minuets of silence, Kagome turned and looked at Inuyasha who was looking at one of her textbooks.

"Inuyasha, did she say anything to you?" Kagome asked

He shook his head and looked at her. "She wanted to go back, she said something about being afraid of changing too much and that she might not exist if we knew too much," he said this with a frown.

"She's leaving then?"

"Nope, I told her she's just going to have to be more careful. Besides she said her father is probably going to kill her if she goes back early," he said with an amused tone.

Kagome giggled. "If you're anything like you are now then I can see why she wouldn't be in a hurry to go back."

Just then the door to the bathroom opened and Emiko popped her head out with a towel wrapped around it. "He's WORSE!!" she said and shut the door again.

"Hey!!" Inuyasha yelled and Kagome started laughing.

"Hey what!?" Emiko said as she came out of the bathroom wearing a midnight blue summer dress with white flowers on it. She dropped her bag on the bed and sat down next to it and rummaged in it until she pulled out a brush.

"I'm worse?" he said with a snort "I doubt it"

Emiko grunted and muttered "You would" and started to work the knots out of her hair.

"Now that dress doesn't look too bad" Kagome said with a smile, "You should try to wear color more often"

Emiko just snorted in response. "I'm going shopping, you want to come?"

"Yeah sure" Kagome said.

"Well, you better take a shower then cause I'm leaving soon" Emiko said.

"Okay" Kagome said with a frown "Hell if you're not alike" as she glared at Inuyasha and Emiko and pulled an outfit from her dresser and went to shower.

"What'd she mean by that?" Emiko asked as she grabbed a ribbon from her bag and started to tie her hair back in a low ponytail.

"Ah, I do that to her sometimes. 'Hurry up, let's go' kinda thing" he said a little sheepishly.

"Ooooh...figures" she said and picking up the hat went to stand in front of the mirror. "Gods! This dress makes me look like a teenager!!" she cried as she put the hat on her head. "I look like I should be going on a class trip" she muttered sat down and Kagome's desk to thumb through her math text.

"I don't think it's that bad" Inuyasha said "It's not as bad looking as what you usually wear"

"What do you mean by that?" she asked with a glare

"Well, I can't believe that you get away with wearing that. Do I know you dress like that?" he asked

Emiko laughed. "I haven't seen father in ages. We don't keep in touch too much anymore."

"Why?"

"Ah, long boring story" Emiko muttered as Kagome came out of the bathroom wearing a pair of jeans and a white T-shirt that had her name airburshed on it.

Inuyasha opened his mouth to say something and Emiko interrupted him before he could say anything.

"You ready?" she asked

"Yeah" Kagome said with a small yawn.

"Okay, um...what are we going to do about him" Emiko asked and pointed at Inuyasha.

"He can stay here"

"I'm going with you!" He said

"Inuyasha! You can't come with us, look at what you're wearing!"

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" he shouted and the fight was on.

Emiko rolled her eyes as she pulled a small purse out of her bag and counted the money she had in there. Good thing I went to a money-changer she thought as she watched the fight escalate until it ended with Kagome yelling "SIT!!"

Bam! Inuyasha went down face first into the floor and Kagome grabbed Emiko's hand and dragged her out of the house.

"Woah, that was a little harsh" Emiko said trying not to laugh as she and Kagome started around the corner to walk towards the shopping center.

"Yeah well, he just doesn't listen."

"Maybe it's cause he just wants to keep you safe"

Kagome snorted. "Yeah, he can't find the jewel shards without me."

"Is that what you think?" Emiko asked and pushed open the door to a store.

Kagome mulled on that while Emiko walked around the store. Then she started to look around the store herself. Emiko brought an outfit over to Kagome and held it up.

"What do you think" Emiko asked. It was a pair of leather pants and matching top.

"Err...for you or me?" she asked warily. Emiko laughed.

"For me of course!" and went to go try it on.

Kagome sat on a seat outside the dressing room and Emiko walked out. The pants were low riding, starting about 4 inches below her navel. The top was a like a leather vest, but the back was all laced up, and it displayed clevelage in the front.

"Well, is it me?" She asked with a twirl.

"Miroku will have a cow if he sees you in that!" Kagome said then covered her mouth with her hands.

Emiko just laughed. "You think he'll like it?" at Kagome's nod Emiko whipped out her purse and told the lady she'd take it and to just ring up the tags cause she was wearing it out of here.

As Emiko paid for that, Kagome brought over a leather hat "Here, this will look better than that hat."

"Yeah, let me pay for that too" and within moments the two girls left the store with Kagome's dress and hat in a bag.

As they walked down the street something in a store window caught Emiko's eye. "Woah!! A weapons store!" and she dragged Kagome in to look at all the weapons. After about a half hour they walked out with 10 throwing stars, a small dager, and a fan (that Emiko exclaimed was the best and HAD to have it).

"Hey! You want lunch?" Emiko asked and Kagome nodded then shook her head.

"We better get back, Inuyasha's going to yell at us for being gone so long" Emiko just rolled her eyes and they walked back to the house.