InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko ❯ Family Tree ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kagome was right, Inuyasha was totally pissed. He sat on the couch and flipped through the channels. When the girls walked in he gave Kagome a death glare and scowled at Emiko.

"What the HELL are you wearing!?!" he yelled at the top of his lungs.

"Clothes" Emiko said with a smirk and went upstairs with her bag. For some reason, him screaming at her about her clothes gave her sweet memories...like she said, she hasn't seen her father in ages.

"Those aren't proper clothes!" He said following up after her. "Those pants are too tight, that shirt shows to much, those heels on those boots are too high, and what is THAT!?" he said poking her in the shoulderblade.

"These pants aren't too tight, they're comfortable and I can move easier than in a kimono. The shirt isn't supposed to have a back to it, and it is sopposed to be that low in the front. These boots have a comfortable sized heel on them, since they are basicly heeled combat boots. And that is a tattoo" she answered calmly as she opened up her bag and put the 10 throwing stars and the dager in it.

"A tattoo!?" Inuyasha asked and Emiko turned to look at him as she put her fan on Kagome's desk.

"Yeah, a tattoo. What about it? It's not like it's tasteless or anything. It's just a small Wolf."

Inuyasha just glared at her. "You shouldn't dress like that, it gives people the wrong impression."

"OH? And what impression is that?" she asked.

"Heh, like you don't know!"

Emiko just rolled her eyes. "Fine, I'll change my shirt, but the pants are NOT coming off." And she stormed into the bathroom with a huff. Thank the gods that my undershirt is dry now she thought as she took the clothes she had washed out off the bar and folded them up. She changed from her new shirt into her black tank-top undershirt and left the bathroom carrying her other clothes.

Kagome had been sitting at her desk watching all this with interest. At least he doesn't act like that with only me now she thought with a small smile and watched him silently fume out of the corner of her eye.

"Well, I promised you lunch" Emiko said "and since we had to come home because a CERTAIN (ahem) person would get upset at us, I'll go and make something." And with that she put her clothes on the floor near her bag and walked out with a huff.

"Hey! That shirt is just as bad as the one you took off!" Inuyasha yelled. Emiko decided to ignore that and went to the kitchen to fix them something to eat.

Kagome started to laugh as she looked at Inuyasha's disgruntled face. "Your so protective of her now, when two days ago you hated her!"

Inuyasha looked at Kagome funny. "I never hated her, just the way she always acted so stubborn. Besides, she's my daughter, I'm supposed to be concerned."

Kagome stopped laughing for a second. "Yes Inuyasha, but there's being concerned, and there's being annoyingly over-protective. And if you hadn't noticed, she's full grown now Inuyasha. She doesn't really need you telling her how to dress or how to act. In fact, she's probably older than you are right now."

Inuyasha snorted. "Still, I'm not sure how to act about all this" he said. "And how can you be so calm. She's your daughter too!" he said and pointed a finger at Kagome.

Kagome went pale. "No way! She didn't say that did she!?" she asked

"Err...no, but she when she did tell me to take a guess she was looking at you. And she is the same size as you..." he stuttered to a stop.

"That doesn't mean anything" she said slowly. She wanted to have kids with Inuyasha, but he kept on acting like she was a chore.

Kagome suddenly stood up. "I'm going to ask her!" she said and ran downstairs to talk to Emiko. She came to a halt at the kitchen door as Emiko was singing along with a song on the radio (is that Avril Lavigne she's singing along to? Kagome thought), and had pulled out the fork and was making stir fried vegetables.

"Hey, I didn't know you knew Avril's newest song!" Kagome said as she walked into the kitchen.

"Oh yeah, by now, it's pretty old in my time. But I still love the song." and Emiko reached over to shut the radio off. "these should be done shortly if you want to take out some dishes?" Just then Inuyasha walked into the kitchen.

"Did you ask her?" he asked Kagome

"Not yet" Kagome asked as she got plates and chopsticks.

"Ask me what?" Emiko asked warily as she turned off the fire and split the meal between the three dishes.

"Who's your mother?" Kagome blurted out.

"Ah, that bugging you two eh?" Emiko said with a laugh. "Well, worry no more, my mother was the Lady Kagome," and she sat down and started to eat her meal.

"You're MY daughter?" Kagome asked as she sat down heavily in her chair. Emiko just grinned and continued to eat.

"Yep, you and daddy (Here she pointed at Inuyasha) decided that you loved each other and got hitched after you finished your schooling (of course). I was born some 5 years later or something like that. Now don't ask me anything else cause I'm not telling" and with that Emiko continued to eat while Kagome and Inuyasha looked at each other then at Emiko.

"Hey, you guys going to eat? It'll get cold if you don't!" Emiko said.

"Yeah sure"

"Um, okay"

Emiko finished her lunch and went to the sink to wash her dishes. "Okay, I'm going to take off for a bit, you two can talk about me all you want now" and with a small wave she grabbed her shoes from next to the door and took off.

They both looked at the now empty doorway and back at each other and blushed.

"You don't really think" Kagome started

"Well, I know what I think, but I don't know what you think. Maybe she's right, maybe we should talk about it" he said.

Kagome blushed and put their dishes into the sink. "Well, I do care for you Inuyasha" she said and Inuyasha grinned.

"Really? Well...I care about you too"

"Really? You don't act it much" she said

"Well, I didn't know how you felt" he said

Kagome just smiled warmly at him and leaned forward and...

CLICK

They both looked up and saw Emiko standing there with a camera. "HA! I must have the BEST timing! This will be a great photo!!!!!" she crowed and ran out of the house. Kagome and Inuyasha looked at each other for a sec and took off after Emiko who was running around the yard laughing.

Both Inuyasha and Kagome were chasing Emiko all around, but she was MUCH fatser than she looked. She jumped up in the tree, then on top of Kagome's roof. She then turned to poke fun at the 2, but noticed that Inuyasha was an inch from diving on her. With that, she jumped into the backyard, where Kagome was waiting. Kagome tickled the girl until she fell to her knees. Then was on the ground yelling for her to stop. Emiko rolled away just to be pinned to the ground by Inuyasha. "Promise you'll NEVER do that agian!!" Inuyasha said in a playfully warning tone. "Promise!" Kagome warned, threatining to tickle her more.

"Ok, ok!! just no more tickling!"

They were now all sitting in Kagome's room. Kagome trying hard to study, Inuyasha dozing in the corner and Emiko listening to a Walkman and doodling on a blank piece of notebook paper.

"That's it!" Kagome said suddenly surprising Inuyasha out of his nap. Emiko was still oblivious thanks to her Walkman being on fullblast so she couldn't hear a blessed thing.

"What's it?" Inuyasha asked while he was watching Emiko curiously. She was sitting on the floor singing along with Linkin Park (yeah in English again) while sketching.

Kagome walked over to Emiko and pulled the earphones out of her ears. "We're leaving Emiko" Emiko just looked up shocked for a second and nodded.

"What were you listening to?" Inuyasha asked

"Linkin Park" Emiko answered as she dropped the notebook on Kagome's desk and put the pencil back in the cup. Kagome was gathering up stuff to put in her bag. Emiko reached into her bag and pulled out the package containing the kimono she made and put it aside. Also she pulled out her leather jacket and put that and the gloves on.

Kagome stood from her bag and hefted it up on her back. "Okay all set?" Emiko nodded, and stood up.

"I'm leaving the kimono here for you Kagome" Emiko said as they started down the stairs. Kagome looked at Emiko slightly shocked.

"Why? You worked hard on that and only wore it once!"