InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko ❯ Knock Out ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The first thing she noticed was that her head was killing her. The second thing she noticed was that she was tied up. Her hands bound behind her and her ankles tied up in front of her. She cracked an eye open and blink them wearily.

Where in the hell am I? she asked herself. It looked like a small room, barely enough room to stand, and dark. Almost too dark for even her to see. As her headache started to subside, she noticed one more thing. Her coat and boots were gone. Damnit all she thought as she rolled onto her back, trying to slide her hands under her butt and over her legs.

Just as she started to get her hands over her butt, she heard footsteps. Hurriedly rolling up onto her knees she listened as they got closer. There was a clicking sound and a small door opened up. She backed away as a head popped through the door and grinned.

It was that asshole from last night. At least she thought it was last night. Could have been longer. He reached in with his good arm and grabbed her by the back of the neck dragged her out, and drpped her to the floor. She yelped in pain as the plop made her head throb.

"See! Here she is!" the youkai said.

Emiko growled softly and sat up on her knees to get a good look at who he was talking to. Her growl died in her throat as she looked up and saw Sesshomaru.

Damn my luck she thought as she glared up at him. His face was totally impassive as he looked down at her.

He nodded to the youkai and Jaken showed him out. Emiko gulped back the sinking feeling rising in her throat and slapped a brave look on her face.

"How nice to see you again Sesshomaru." she said with a smile. "I really love the way you escort guests."

"I wouldn't be taking this so lightly if I were you." He said in a cold voice.

Emiko shuddered slightly, fingers of fear tracing their way down her spine. He was serious. This wasn't a joke, and there was no easy way out this time. He'd make sure of it. So why agian would I try to save him???

Her brave looked dropped and she looked at him warily. "What do you want from me?" she asked softly.

He almost smiled at her tone. She was afraid. "I heard that you defeated Naraku. If you can do that, then it would be best if you were killed. Wouldn't be good to have you helping my brother kill me now would it?"

Emiko shuddered visibly at his tone. He really was going to kill her. No joking, she was as good as dead in his eyes. She'd been close to death before, but never had she been in such a situation.

"So, do you plan to kill me now?"

"Good question. I would like nothing more than to have you dead this instant, but it would probably hurt my brother more if her were witness to it." Yeah, I thought as much she said and sat back on her heels and smirked.

The blow came from no where. She wasn't expecting it and it sent her flying back against the wall, her head hitting it with a sick thud. She slid to the floor, her blood leaving a path on the wall behind her.

Sesshomaru flexed his hand. He hadn't intended to hit her, but that look on her face...no one mocks him and gets away with it. He looked down at her and saw she wasn't moving.

"Jaken!" he called his servant.

"Yes Lord" Jaken said as he entered the chamber.

"Check her, see if she's still alive." Jaken hesitated for a moment and Sesshomaru growled at him. He leaned over and poked Emiko, she didn't move. He held a hand in front of her nose and felt that she was still breathing. But she did have a bad head wound.

"She is alive." Jaken said stepping back from the girl on the floor.

Sesshomaru nodded. "Okay, take her to one of the cells. Then summon a witch to come and check on her. I don't want her to die from her head wound." He said and Jaken picked up Emiko's arms and dragged her out.

"Wouldn't be good for her to die like that. I want her friends to watch when I rip her heart out"