InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko ❯ Family Fued and Celebrations ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Miroku was on first watch. Sango and kagome along with Shippo slept with Kilala in her full form, with Hiraikotsu and Kagome's bow and arrows close by. Emiko and Huyana were resting their eyes on the opposite side of the fire, and Inuyasha was in the tree like usual. The sun was barley setting, and eve though Inuyasha wanted to go to Keade's village where it's safer, they made camp early.

Night was falling when Emiko's sleep became uneasy. She was starting to turn a lot and was making grunts as if she were in pain. She had awoken Huyana, who was looking up at the moon filled night. He got up as Emiko transformed. Once she did, she woke up along with Shippo and Inuyasha.

"Dam," Inuyasha cursed, "how is she supposed to fight like this?!"

"With all the power she's got, just like I want." came a cold voice. The voice was rather familiar to Emiko, and it stuck fear in her heart. The owner of the voice came into view. It was Sesshomaru, and he brought friends.

"Kill who ever you wish, but leave the hanyou's and the young kit to me." he commanded to the 2 youkai behind him. As they stepped from behind him, the gang saw that they looked just like the ones from before. Sango, Kagome, and Shippo mounted Kilala, and took to the air. One of the youkai went after them while the other went for Huyana, Miroku, and Inuyasha. Emiko had pounced at Sesshomaru, who easily dodged and sent her flying into a tree. When she was down, Sesshomaru waited until the right moment when he shot straight through the boy’s battle, and knocked Inuyasha clean through a tree, and halfway through the one behind it. Sesshomaru used his demonic speed to appear suddenly in front of Inuyasha, and went to punch his hanyou brother dead in the face. As Sesshomaru's fist came forward to hit him however, it had slammed into something quite unexpected. Sesshomaru's fist was put in immediate pain when it had slammed into Emiko's large canine fang instead of Inuyasha's head. Emiko has put her mouth in front of Sesshomaru's deadly blow, causing his wrist to shatter, and fist to break, but he ignored it. She stood protectively over Inuyasha.

"You will come no where near my father Sesshomaru!!!" She yelled in a dog language, one only that a full dog would understand.

"Your father?" Sesshomaru said with the least bit of emotion. Emiko growled, baring her large fangs at Sesshomaru, before lunging.

The battle was horrible. There were growls, yelps, and snarls everywhere you looked and turned. Sesshomaru got the better of Emiko and had grabbed her tail. When she turned to bite him, he jumped away and grabbed Tetsuiga (sp??).

"HOW CAN YOU WEILD THE SWORD?!?" Emiko yelled. With Tetsuiga in Sesshomaru's claws, they were all as good as dead!

"A little experiment I like to call Rin." Sesshomaru said smoothly. He unsheathed Tetsuiga, and held the tattered thing over Inuyasha's head.

"NO!!!!!!" Emiko yelled. She made a mad dash for Sesshomaru and used all of her strength to knock him all the way back to the campsite with her tail. Tetsuiga was planted firmly in the ground by where Emiko and Huyana were resting earlier that night, and where her kwan dao was sticking in the ground also. When Emiko had reached the site, there was no one in sight. A silver blur dashed by Emiko and as instinct, she clamped her jaws on it, and a now swordless Sesshomaru stood in behind her. He was about to use his light whip on her, when Hiraikotsu shattered it.

An arrow soon came flying towards him. He dodged it easily, but was blasted back by the arrows after waves. Emiko squeezed her teeth and one of the swords began to crack for a second before it shattered. She began to break the other sword, but she only got to break the stealth, because Sesshomaru came back and sliced Emiko in 2 places: over her eye and deep into the muscle in her shoulder. She yelped in pain and the remains of the 2 stealth’s and swords fell from her mouth. Sango threw Hiraikotsu again, and cut off about less than half of Sesshomaru's hair. Emiko was going to hit Sesshomaru while he was temporarily distracted, but she was getting oddly weak. The cut on her shoulder was poisoned. Tensaiga, Tetsuiga, and Emiko's kwan dao were all faced down in the ground, and Emiko's blood was absorbed into the blades. They began to pulse, and everyone stopped and looked to the sky.

Out of the distance, looking as if he came out the moon, was Seinshubushi. He was in his great dog form...pure whit...a crescent moon on his head...and red eyes. He stopped before the scene, threw his head back, and let out a howl that filled the night. Inuyasha awoke to the sound of his fathers call, and began to run towards it. The large dog walked over to Emiko, his feet not touching the ground, and ran his tongue over her wounds. They healed almost instantly.

'Sesshomaru, what are you doing?' the dog asked disappointedly. Sesshomaru said nothing. 'This way of life will lead to your demise one day. You will be turned to your true form by someone of your own strength, and forced to live eternally with no power but your own skill, depending on others for survival.'

"That will never be!!" Sesshomaru yelled.

'Beware of the small crescent Sesshomaru. The only thing to save you is change.' Were Seinshubushi’s last words before he vanished. The 2 brother's and Emiko looked to their weapons, and all noticed that Emiko's kwan dao now sported white fur where the red scarf used to be. Sesshomaru walked over to the weapons and pulled out Tensaiga.

"We are finished here. You may keep your sword Inuyasha. A weakling like you needs someway to survive." He turned and left, and everyone stared after him.

2 Years Later

With Naraku and Sesshomaru out of the picture, everyone's been living a happy life. But one day, there was a change in the winds. Most forgot about it when Emiko announced that there will be a new member to there little group, and Huyana couldn't be happier.

"Emiko, are you sure?" Kagome asked, after she just gave Emiko a death hug with strength that impressed even Inuyasha.

"Yes. It's a girl." Emiko said

"How do you know if it doesn’t have a scent yet?" Huyana asked

"Kigai told me." Emiko said with a smile, before shutting her mouth and saying no more. She leaned back on Huyana, with her hand over her stomach. Now that she thought about it, 9 months was a long time!