InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko ❯ Help to Remember ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
They sat around the fire and ate ramen noodles. Emiko exclaimed that she loved them and ate 3 cups! They told her the little bit they knew about her, about the kwan dao that was given to her by her father. When they got to the part about who her parents are Emiko couldn't believe her ears.

"Wait a minute here! You are my parents? That's impossible!" she said in shock as she looked at Kagome and Inuyasha.

"You came through the well in the future to help us here!" Kagome said and Inuyasha nodded.

"That's right Emiko. You're also a great warrior," Shippou said and Emiko grinned at the Kitsune boy.

"I don't know about that Shippou, the thought of fighting. It kind of scares me. The only fighting I want to do is get that bastard who captured me," she said this softly and with venom. She didn't even notice the glances the others threw her way as she glared into the fire, picturing Sesshoumaru's slow and painful demise.

"What exactly happened to you?" Huyana asked from where he sat next to her. A pained look crossed her face and just as quickly it went away.

"Nothing you should concern yourself with Huyana. It's my problem, I'll fix it." She said. The others looked at Huyana worriedly as he paled at her tepid tone towards him.

"Emiko, don't you remember about Huyana?" Sango asked from the other side of Miroku, who was sitting on Emiko’s other side. Emiko looked around the houshi to see Sango.

"What about me and Huyana?"

"You were a couple silly," Shippou said from Emiko's lap. Emiko looked shocked and stared at Shippou then looked at Huyana.

“your also mates.” Inuyasha added with a glare to Huyana. Huyana looked at him, and a look on Inuyasha’s face said that they would talk later.

"Is that true?" she asked, and Huyana nodded. Emiko put a hand on his shoulder and smiled softly.

"I'm sorry Huyana. If I had remembered," Emiko trailed off. She felt like crud now, but couldn't remember anything of what they were telling her. The things they said, about her being a fighter, about her being fierce and almost fearless, well, they didn't sound like how she felt.

"Do you know why I have to kill Sesshoumaru?" she asked suddenly looking up at the others. They shook their heads no.

"He's the reason I can't remember, I'm almost sure of it. You said I was captured and brought to him. I only remember waking up with a lump on my head. Chances are he hit me or something. When I woke up and he was there. I told him I couldn't remember why I was there and he got mad at me. In his anger he," she trailed off again, not wanting to talk about it.

"He what, Emiko" Kagome asked, almost afraid of what Emiko was going to say.

"He violated me, and when he was done he left me for dead…" Emiko said softly and hugged her knees to her chest. Sango and Kagome gasped in shock and Inuyasha and Huyana growled.

"He did WHAT?? That bastard," Inuyasha yelled and hopped up to pace around the fire. Huyana and Miroku looked as upset as Inuyasha. Huyana laid a hand on Emiko's shoulder. She looked over at him and smiled slightly.

"I'm really sorry Huyana, sorry that this is going to affect us. I like you, I just don't know when I get my memory back if I'll love you the way I did. I don’t know if I can even be the same person." she looked sad as she said this and was hurt even more by his hurt look.

"I understand." he said and stared at the fire. Miroku looked down to the ground. He loved the way Emiko was…so wild, carefree, fun, and daring. He didn't even notice when Sango wrapped her arms around his shoulders. Emiko watched this and nodded satisfied. She was sure that Sango would help Miroku work though this.

Inuyasha prowled around the campsite muttering curses under his breath. Kagome watched him as he walked around, flinching every so often at his language. He suddenly turned and sat next to Emiko.

"You do know that Sesshoumaru is my brother, right?"

Emiko paled. "What do you mean...if you're my father...and he's your brother...then...what he did," she looked suddenly ill and her eyes teared up. Of all the vile things that bastard could have done, he did to a relation of his.

“He doesn’t know that you’re his niece though. And he must never know.” Inuyasha added.

Kagome noticed Emiko's pallor and tried to change the subject. "Emiko, how exactly did you get out?"

"Ah, I was helped by a lady. She was very nice, played a flute so that I could find the chambers she stayed in." Emiko held up her wrist where the bracelet the lady gave her was. "She gave me this, isn't it pretty?"

"Lady? What did she look like?" Inuyasha asked.

"Well, she was about my height, had long black hair just starting to gray. She had the darkest blue eyes." Emiko smiled as she remember the woman's kindness. "Why do you ask?"

Inuyasha looked at Emiko a bit oddly. "You just described my mother, but that's impossible. She's been dead for years!"

"Really? That's weird. She let me wash up and gave me this bracelet and these clothes to wear. I fell asleep and when I woke up we were in the woods. She told me to tell her son that she loves him and then disappeared." Emiko said all of this with a thoughtful expression on her face. If it was Inuyasha's mother then it was her grandmother that saved her. She said a silent prayer of thanks to the gods for the lady having saved her and looked over at Inuyasha.

"Sounds like her." he said as he looked at the bracelet on Emiko's wrist. "And this is something she always wore, she never took it off."

"So you think it was your mother," Kagome asked.

"Yeah, had to have been her," he said and looked thoughtful. "Did she say anything else?"

"Just to not let my life be led by revenge." Emiko shrugged and looked up at the sky. It was starting to get dark, and she had a bad feeling that something was going to happen. "We should prepare, if anything was going to happen, it would happen tonight."

Sango nodded. "Yes, that's a good idea," she said as she hugged Miroku who just looked into the flames of the fire.

"You need to prepare yourself Emiko, for if anyone comes tonight, they'll be coming for you," Kagome said. Emiko nodded and stood up.

"I know," she said softly as she looked at the kwan dao that was supposedly her weapon. It felt vaguely familiar in her hands as she stepped back from the others. As she swung it around to test the weight, she got a strange feeling of rightness come over her.

"I know how to use this," she said with a smile and looked down at her kwan dao. It was old but well taken care of. Now she wasn't afraid of what could happen. With this weapon and her friends to back her up, she was sure they could take anything that came their way.