InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Devotion ❯ What You Have To DO ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
these things are annoying.

There’s nothing more I love than going to my e-mail and finding reviews or messages in my inbox so talk to me.

><><><><><><><>&l t;><><><><><><><><><& gt;<><><><><><><><><> <><><><><

What You Have to Do

In front of her, Rin spotted Korryu and Souten heading back to Sesshoumaru’s castle. So she decided it must be getting late and it was time for her to turn in also. Of course Korryu was a very large dragon and she knew that she’d probably arrive a little bit later than they would.

“Ah-Un, home,” she whispered to the two-headed demon. It immediately followed her order and turned slightly towards the castle.

The girl had had much to think about while on her night ride. After much contemplation and deep thought Rin came to the conclusion that she would love Sesshoumaru no matter what his feelings were for her. Even though, it might hurt a great deal if he didn’t feel the same. She also knew that she would have to leave if that were the case. It would just be too painful to see him day after day. Then that brought up the question of where she would go. She had hoped that Souten wouldn’t mind if she went back to Laimei Valley with her and there shouldn’t be a problem with that, so the girl was planning on asking tonight. But, she had to tell him, regardless.

She put Ah-Un back where she had found him after petting him and giving him a cinnamon stick. Then she went back to the courtyard to find Korryu.

“Korryu?” she called out. In the dark it was harder for her to see.

“Over here!”

When she had stumbled over to his general vicinity by following his voice he came into view.

“Have you seen Souten? I need to talk to her.”

“I think she said she was going to the baths.”

“Thanks. And how are you?”

“I’m just glad that Souten lets me stretch my wings every night.”

“She holds you in higher regard than that. Well, I better get going. See ya!”

“It was nice to see you too Rin,” he called over his shoulder. Rin stopped and flashed him her signature smile before continuing on her way.

From there she made her way to her room to get a change of clothes. A bath would work wonders. Especially since she hadn’t had a real bath with warm water in months. She was on her way to the baths before she remembered that she still hadn’t picked up her sword.

When she stepped into the dining room she saw her lord sitting there with a bowl of water and washcloth, cleaning himself. Blood covered his hands and his mouth. His clothes were made of the finest material, resistant to any stains and the blood rolled off of them.

“My Lord!” Rin gasped, concern evident in her tone.

“It’s not my blood.”

“What happened? Are you alright?”

“I’m fine. Now let me be.” He wasn’t in the mood right now. The blood on him mixed with her scent of wildflowers. It was starting to make him sick.

“Not until I know that you’re okay,” she said, approaching him. She took the washcloth and water from him and began cleaning the blood off of him, looking for cuts or gashes.

“I’m fine. Rin, stop!” Having her this close was intoxicating. Every time she ran the cool cloth across his skin was torture. She did as she was told and removed her hands, putting the cloth back in the water.

“I’m sorry, m’lord,” she said as she rose from his side. He made no move to stop her so she turned to walk away, this time remembering to grab the sword before slipping out to the hall. She walked slowly to the baths, crying silently. She had only been trying to help. Why wouldn’t he let her help? They had been together for near eleven years now. She had thought that she’d meant something to him. ‘Maybe…he doesn’t need me,’ she thought right before opening the door to the baths.

><><><><><><><> ;<><><><><><><><><>&l t;><><><><><><><><><& gt;<><><><><

“Oh InuYasha, stop sulking and come down here!” Kagome beckoned to the half-demon up in the tree above her.

“Nothin’ doin’!

“Sit!” she said and InuYasha collided with the ground. “I didn’t want to do that, but you’re just so stubborn.”

“Yeah right,” he cried.

“What was that?” she warned.

“I was trying to say that there aren’t enough demons around here. Being so close to the Western Lands and all.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean that most demons stay just outside of the Western Lands. So they’d be where we are now but I haven’t smelled hardly enough.”

“And that’s a bad thing?”

“It ain’t natural. It means that someone’s killing them off or they’ve fled.”

“What do you think could scare them away?”

“I have a good idea.”

><><><><><><>& lt;><><><><><><><><>< ><><><><><><><><><> ;<><><><><><

“Yo!” the crimson-eyed girl greeted Rin happily.

“Yo, yourself.”
“What’s with you?” she shot back, slightly annoyed. If she hadn’t seen the light reflect off of her friend’s cheek, revealing a glistening tear, she might have stayed peeved. “What happened?”

“Nothing. Absolutely nothing,” the human-girl sighed as she sunk into the bath across from her friend.

“Did that low down, filthy dog, hurt you? I’ll kill him!” She said as she started to rise out of the water. Wounding her in self-defense was one thing. But she just wouldn’t tolerate it if he had done something to Rin.

“Sit back down! He didn’t hurt me! If you just hold on, I’ll tell you what happened.”
The demon-girl sat back down while Rin closed her eyes and sighed, trying to regain her thoughts. Then she proceeded to tell her friend about lunch with Sesshoumaru and eventually made her way to more recent events. When she was finished she ran her wet fingers through her hair nervously as she waited for Souten to respond.

“Hmm…” she said with her left index finger just inside the corner of her mouth. “So what are you gonna do?”

“I was hoping that you could tell me that. He’s just different here, but still, it’s more than I can take. I was going to ask if I could go to Laimei Valley with you. That reminds me, Lord Sesshoumaru says you’re ‘overstaying your welcome’”.

“That idiot. But if he’s really bothering you that much, I wouldn’t mind going back to Laimei Valley. Besides, the only reason I’ve been here so long is to piss him off.”

“Thank you.”

“But, if we’re going to leave, we’d better leave while it’s late. I don’t feel much like leaving now because I’m tired. But I’m up for tomorrow.”

“That’s fine, I suppose.”

“So, all you need to do is feign ignorance for a day. You can do that, right?”

“Yeah…I guess.”

“This might be a little bit more of a problem than I thought,” Souten sighed in exasperation.

><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><>< ;><><><><><><><><><&g t;<><><><><><

Author’s Note: We’re off for Louisiana! Last one for a while. Sorry the ending was rushed.