InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Other Life ❯ Decisions, Decisions, Decisions ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I want to thank all the people who reviewed so far or who have read this story. It makes me happy to know that I can actually write something that people like. ^__^ And just to warn you, the next chapter make take a little while to be posted seeing as I have writer's block and do not know how I'm going to start the thing. So if I'm a little slow in posting, you know why.

Inuyasha glared in contempt as Kagome gave him a cold stare. It seemed that Kagome wasn't going to look away anytime soon, so Inuyasha wasn't going to back down either. The glaring contest lasted a few minutes before Kagome eyes widened and she broke eye contact and looked away.

Inuyasha laughed. " Ah ha! You did do it. You're so guilty that you had to look away. I knew you stole it. I just knew it!"

Kagome shook her head. "Actually Inuyasha, I looked away because I didn't want to keep looking at you in your underwear. It's very disturbing to have a staring contest and then realize that the other person isn't wearing pants."

Inuyasha looked down as his shorts and grinned at her. "What? You don't like it?" Inuyasha turned to the other girls and looked at the girl with the disorderly bangs. "How about you wench?"

The girl smiled at Inuyasha. "Of course Inuyasha. It's so you. You should go out in public like that more often."

Inuyasha gave the girl a cautious glance. "And you're agreeing with me wench because…?"

The girl glared at Inuyasha. "All right Inuyasha I am tired of hearing you say that word over and over and over again."

Inuyasha eyes became confused. "What word?"

The girl stared at him before exploding. "Don't play stupid Inuyasha! You know exactly the word I'm talking about! Wench!"

Inuyasha smirked at her. "You know I happen to like that word. I use it very often."

The girl sighed. "I know. And since you haven't bothered to ask, my name is Sango."

Inuyasha just stared at her. "I wasn't going to ask you your name wench. I really could care less what your name is or who you are or anything about you for that matter."

Sango smiled sweetly at Inuyasha. "Then what am I doing here?"

Inuyasha grinned at Sango, as he went to go and sit down in one of the many chairs at the dining table. "Good question."

Sango turned away and was heading toward the exit when she bumped into a hard male body. Looking up at the guy who was smiling down at her, Sango blinked once before backing up. "I'm sorry. I guess I wasn't looking where I was going."

The man smiled at her and took her hands into his. "I'm the one who should be apologizing my fair lady. It seems that I may be going blind not to have noticed you walking out of the door. Please forgive me."

Sango looked at the strange new guy before giving him a small smile. "Okay. Well, if you'll excuse me then I really must be going."

The guy's grin grew even wider. Grasping her hands a little harder than necessary the guy said in a serious voice, "You really shouldn't leave so soon. Stay a while. Relax. Enjoy yourself." As the guy was talking, Sango failed to notice that one of his hands had left hers and was inching its way toward her bottom.

As the hand made its way toward its destination, Sango froze as the hand began to rub up and down on her backside. It only took a second for Sango to react before her hands were yanked out of his grasp and she had slapped him across his cheek where a now cherry red handprint was glowing. Sango was fuming.

"I can't believe you just did that you pervert!"

The guy's left eye began to twitch. "I guess this would be a bad time to ask you to bear my child, huh?"

Sango began to twitch. "You better get away from me before I get angry."

"But aren't you already-"

Inuyasha's laughter cut him off. "Will you ever learn Miroku? Girls do not like it when you put your hand on their butts. So you can get over yourself about them not being offended. They always will."

Miroku just shook his head. "I really don't care. I still have the hope that one day a girl will not be offended by my worthy actions."

Inuyasha shook his head. "Well I guess you'll remain single for the rest of your life."

Miroku pretended to have a hurt look on his face. "Inuyasha. How could you say something like that? You have to have faith in me like my dear Sango does. Right Sango," Miroku asked, as his hand moved closer to her butt. But Miroku never got far enough o actually to her bottom before Sango realized what he was about to do. Sango's only answer was to turn red and hit Miroku over the head again with her hand. This time she succeeded in making him fall down with a dreamy look on his face.

"Very amusing children, but I would prefer if you could take this outside where I may have some peace and quiet." Sesshomaru was standing outside of the doorway, leaning his shoulder against the frame.

Inuyasha's humor vanished as soon as his brother made his appearance. In a sneering tone, Inuyasha asked, "What's the matter? We too loud for you?"

Sesshomaru stared coolly back at Inuyasha for a few minutes without answering him. Then, he left the doorframe and walked over to Inuyasha, his footsteps echoing off the marble floor. In a quiet voice, Sesshomaru said, "Don't toy with me brother. I want you and your future brides to get out of the house before I really get angry." Sesshomaru didn't wait to see if Inuyasha would obey, but simply turned back around and left as quietly as he had come.

Miroku had to physically hold Inuyasha back as he tried to go after his arrogant brother. "Let me at him Miroku! I'll punch out the arrogance from that cocky bastard!"

In a calm voice, Miroku replied, "And what good what that do Inuyasha? I'll tell you what. Nothing. Just ignore him like you always do and eventually you'll forget about him."

Inuyasha glared at Miroku before pushing his hands away from his shoulder angrily. Turning towards the exit, Inuyasha walked past everyone without saying a word. Miroku watched him leave and shook his head.

Kagome just stood in the corner gaping at what had just occurred. "What just happened?"

Miroku turned to Kagome before looking back at the door where Inuyasha had disappeared through. "You'll get used to it if you begin to know him long enough."

This answer wasn't good enough for Kagome. "Do they do this all the time then?"

Miroku didn't say anything to her. Instead, he slowly nodded his head up and down. Sighing, Miroku turned toward the girls that were still staring at the door all except for Kikyou.

Kikyou was standing there with a smug smile on her face that sent a shiver down Miroku's back. Judging from the smile that she was aiming at him, Miroku had a feeling she knew something that the rest of them didn't. And Kikyou didn't exactly look like she was in a hurry to share her bit of news anytime soon. She just stood there with her arms crossed, looking relaxed.

Miroku sighed to himself before grinning and making his way toward Sango again who had moved as far away from him as possible.

Kagome grinned to herself. This may not be as bad as I had thought. If Inuyasha does this often then I may not have to even talk to him. Of course, you never really get what you want especially if you really want it (A/N: Does that even make sense? It doesn't to me but I'm going to put it anyway).

Inuyasha walked right back in with only a pair of swim trucks on and sunglasses resting right over on his head a few minutes later. In a gruff voice, he said, "Come on."

Kagome, Kikyou, Sango and the other girl Kagome had found out to be named Kagura, all just looked at Inuyasha.

Kikyou was the first one to speak. "Where are you going Inuyasha?" This was said in a detached voice that Kagome suspected was supposed to be disturbing and was.

Inuyasha didn't smile as he turned toward his ex-girlfriend. Painful memories entered Inuyasha's mind, as he looked Kikyou over slowly, not missing a single inch of her body. Memories of the two when they were so happy together, and when Inuyasha had been an idiot to think that he had been in love with her flooded his mind. Inuyasha shook his head and stared at Kikyou with anger in his eyes.

"Just follow me Kikyou. You'll see." Inuyasha watched as Kikyou went up to him and smiled slowly at him.

"I hope you don't let what happened with Kouga ruin my chances with you Inuyasha. I told you it was a very big misunderstanding. Hopefully you can forgive me in your own time." Kikyou walked past Inuyasha and smiled to herself since she knew that she had at least gotten to him to think about it.

Kagome was the only one who was paying attention to Kikyou to see her smile. She frowned as she watched Kikyou walk over to one of the various chairs and sat down. As Kagome kept watching her, she began to get a bad feeling inside of her gut. Note to self: Keep eye on Kikyou.

Inuyasha looked away from Kikyou and looked at the rest of the girls. In a miserable tone, Inuyasha said, "It seems that my brother really does hate me. He wants me to go swimming with a bunch of cows."

Kagome smirked to herself. "Well while you're at it Inuyasha, maybe you can get me a milkshake."

Inuyasha looked at Kagome and said in an amused tone, "I really don't think I could make milk come out of you Kagome. You're to damn skinny."

Kagome shrugged. "That's fine with me. But I bet you could get some milk out of the Queen of Cows," Kagome said, and pointed over to where Kikyou was sitting. "You could probably get enough to feed a whole nation."

Kikyou didn't acknowledge that she had heard Kagome's insult, but instead just sat there staring at Inuyasha.

Inuyasha's humor dropped as soon as she had mentioned Kikyou. "Don't talk about Kikyou like that. Or I can send you packing no sooner than you could blink."

Before Kagome could make a remark over that comment, someone cleared their throat from the doorway ending what was soon to be a heated argument.

Kagome turned to the doorway expecting to see Sesshomaru but instead saw one of the ugliest people she had ever seen. The man was short and bald and skin that was sort of scaly. His eyes were beady and looked like they were black. To Kagome, she had never seen an uglier toad like person.

In a snobbish voice, the toad like man said, "My name is Jaken. I serve Lord Sesshomaru and only Lord Sesshomaru. Lord Sesshomaru has requested that all of the ladies except for Kagome be escorted to a room. Miss Kagome will be shown to her room later on today after she has spent the rest of the day with Lord Inuyasha." The man looked around the room with his creepy eyes.

It soon occurred to Kagome that he might have been looking for her so she lightly waved her hand at the man. "Are you looking for Kagome? If so, I'm her."

Kagome could practically see the change in the man as he looked over her clothing with disgust. In a rude voice he asked, "Are you sure that you are Lady Kagome? Not a new servant that I hadn't been notified about?"

Kagome stared at the man with shock before going red in the face. Glaring at the man, Kagome said in a sweet tone, "If I win this whole bride thing, I'm going to make sure that you're the first one to go."

Jaken's whole face turned cherry red before he lifted his nose in the air and walked out of the room. However, he didn't get very far before Inuyasha snapped out of his horror of spending the rest of the evening with the `thief', and told Jaken to halt. Of course, Inuyasha must not have been listening to what Jaken had said earlier about only serving Lord Sesshomaru, so it was no surprise when Jaken kept on walking. Inuyasha had to physically grab the little man and pick him up to make him stop and even then the toad like creature tried to get away.

Angrily, Inuyasha shook Jaken until the teeth that Jaken still had left began to rattle. Frantically, Jaken kicked Inuyasha in the shin and told him to let him down.

Glowering at the ugly man, Inuyasha said to him in his angriest voice, "I'm not spending an entire evening with a thief! I may come home and find out that my money's missing or something similar to that."

Kagome gasped and yelled, "I'm not a thief you complete jack ass! Kikyou is! She stole the damn sword, not me! How many times do I have to tell you that?"

Inuyasha ignored Kagome's screeching and said in a quiet voice that nobody else could here accept him and Jaken, "I'm not going to be alone with that wench. I don't care what my brother says." Inuyasha dropped Jaken who made an ungraceful landing on his back before he scrambled off the floor and went to go and find Sesshomaru.

A few seconds later, another butler came and told the girls to follow him. Kagura, Kikyou, Sango, and even Kagome went up the long spiral staircase and followed the butler to the end of the hallway, which was near Inuyasha's room.

"Miss Kikyou and Kagura will be sharing a room together at the right and Miss Sango and Kagome will be sharing a room together at the left. Your belongings are already in the rooms, as you will find out. If there is anything else you may need, then just say so and it will be taken care of." With a low bow, the butler disappeared down the hallway.

Kikyou had wasted no time in going in to check out her new room while Kagura was a little slower in walking into the room and shutting the door.

Kagome looked warily at the older girl standing next to her before walking into the room she was supposed to share with her.

As Kagome entered the room, she gaped at the beautiful surroundings. The room was huge. On Kagome's left was a window that took up the whole wall. Plain white silk curtains surrounded the window. Two beds were in the room where both of them were only a few feet separated them. There were too many drawers for Kagome's taste that she had no intention of ever using that many. The carpet felt so soft on Kagome's feet that she took a moment to savor the feeling of softness between her toes.

Sango didn't so much as bat an eyelash as she entered the room. All she did was go to the bed nearest to the window and sit down on it. "This bed is mine. You can have the one over by the door."

Kagome didn't argue with her as she went to go and sit down. Sango tuned around and was in the process of looking through her wardrobe before she sighed. Turning around to Kagome, she said, "I'm going to get this off my chest and say this now. I have no idea what's going on between you and Inuyasha, but hopefully that won't stop us from hopefully becoming friends."

Kagome stared at the older girl for a few seconds before giving her a warm smile. "I'm the one who should have been worried. I was afraid that all the girls here would shun me because I don't exactly look like royalty." Kagome did a light twirl that made Sango laugh. Kagome stopped and gave Sango a warm smile. "But I'm glad that I even made one friend."

Sango grinned at Kagome. "Well, now that that's taken care of, let's get better acquainted. You want to tell me about yourself?"

Kagome's grin faltered slightly before she began to pick at the pale pink bed sheets on her bed. She was afraid that this may happen and her fears had come true. Kagome really liked Sango and she was afraid that if she did tell her of her past, the older girl would only be filled with disgust. But who was she to judge her? For all she knew, the exact opposite would happen.

Kagome mentally shrugged before looking at Sango again. "Well once I tell you, hopefully you won't be too disgusted that you won't want to be my friend anymore."

Sango gave Kagome a weird look before putting down the dark purple dress she had in her hand onto her bed and walked over to where Kagome was sitting. "Is it that bad?"

Kagome nodded and sighed. "Yeah. But I won't horrify you with the details. I don't exactly remember all of this when it happened, but it seems that when I was just a little girl, my mother couldn't take care of me anymore. I don't know why since my step mom would never tell me."

Kagome's smile was bitter as she remembered all of the encounters with her new `mother'. "My new mom wanted the perfect daughter. Sadly, I wasn't her. My life was actually pretty good until I had met Inuyasha. She really didn't beat me as often, and when she did it was because I deserved it." Kagome watched Sango's expression turn to horror as soon as the word `beaten' had left her mouth.

Kagome sighed. "But to make a long story short, Inuyasha and I had become really great friends when he was in town for a couple montgs, until one day one of Inuyasha's family heirlooms went missing. It was a sword. That sword had belonged in his family for ages. When it was discovered missing, naturally Kikyou blamed me. And you want to know what's funny? Inuyasha believed her." Kagome paused as she pushed down the anger she felt every time she relived that moment of betrayal form Inuyasha.

Taking a deep breath, Kagome continued. "I personally think the only way she got him to believer her was by saying pointing out how poor I was and how desperate I would be since the sword was worth millions of dollars. The seed of doubt had already been planted and by then Inuyasha was thoroughly convinced that I had done it. Well, my mom was told of the crime and since I was only twelve at that time, and therefore underage, she was the one who was going to have to pay all that money back just for the sword. That was most likely why my mom beat me practically every day form then on. She never forgave me for that."

Sango stared at Kagome for what seemed like an eternity before she took Kagome's hands in hers and squeezed them. Kagome realized with relief that Sango had understood and wasn't going to start condemning her for something that hadn't been her fault.

Sango stood up and walked back over to her side of the room. Over her shoulder, she said, "Well I'm just glad you didn't turn out bitter because of all the things that you've been through. If you had, most likely my time spent here would have been made a living hell."

Kagome giggled and went over to help Sango unpack the rest of her clothes.

A/N: I mostly said everything I wanted to in the first a/n, so I don't have anything to say now. Oh wait! Yes I do! REVIEW!