InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Other Life ❯ The meeting ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Finally. This is actually going to be the chapter where Kagome will meet Inu. This has been the chapter I've been waiting for and I'm the one writing it. And just to warn all you Kikyou lovers, I am not a big fan of hers, so she's not exactly going to be made out to be as a nice person. Okay, with that being said, let's shut my babbling mouth and move on with the story.

Kagome sat in one of the corners of the small ship with her knees drawn up and her head resting in them. She had been like that ever since she had woken up. The crew that had been brave enough to talk to her hadn't gotten a reply. She didn't talk to anybody. All she did was sit there and do… nothing.

But her thoughts were far being about just nothing. I can't meet Inuyasha again! I don't think I could control myself if I ever saw him again. Kagome snorted to herself. He probably won't even remember me even f I did see him. But I would remember him. No matter how many times I've tried, I still can't forget him. And every time I think of him, I think of her.

Kagome's face became angry as she thought of her first and only meeting with Inuyasha. Those had been the worst two weeks of her life. She had really thought she had found a friend in Inuyasha. But then to do what he had done to her was not what Kagome would call friendly. He may have been nice to her in the beginning, but he showed his true colors as time had gone on.

Oh get it over it Kag. What's done is done. He probably didn't give it a second thought, so you shouldn't either. Kagome sighed. No more. From now on, he's going to be out of my thoughts. With that resolve in mind, Kagome silently lifted her head up, and blinked a few times before gaining her surroundings. The room she was in seemed to be the captain's quarters. The room was small and simple, yet elegant at the same time. The bed looked like it was king size with only a few dressers scattered here and there. The dressers had diamonds as the handles and the mirrors design looked like it was made out of gold. Even though the room was simple, it definitely screamed money.

From a distance, Kagome heard the door open softly then close. Before Kagome could see who had just entered the room, they spoke.

"We'll be arriving pretty soon, and Sesshomaru wanted you to look at least decent when you meet Inuyasha. So he so generously offered to lend you this." An object was thrown on top of the bed, but Kagome didn't turn to see what it was. She had a feeling she already knew. The visitor didn't wait to receive a reply because he already knew he wouldn't get one.

As soon as the door shut, Kagome looked at the old dress lying there. She had been right. The dress they had oh so generously supplied her with was one of her dear step mom's. Not that they knew that. That particular dress hadn't been used in years, but was Kagome's favorite. This was the dress that her real mother had left behind to be given to Kagome when she got old enough to wear it. But she had never got that chance since her step mom took a liking to it. Kagome had known even then that she would tire of it eventually and that when she did Kagome would be there to keep it for herself. When that day had happened, and her step mom had thrown it in the garbage, Kagome had taken it out and stored it away for herself. Kagome was surprised enough that she was actually seeing again that all she did was stare at it for the first few seconds.

The dress was a simple cotton dress with worn sleeves and different colored patches to cover up the holes. To some, it would have looked ugly, but to Kagome it was the prettiest dress on earth. And Kagome wasn't going to ruin it anymore than it already was by wearing it. So she scooped up the dress into the crook of her arm and waited until the ship docked.

~*~

Kouga knocked on the door to Kagome's room to alert her that someone was about to come in just in case she was changing before twisting the knob and walking through the door. But instead of the ugly dress Sesshomaru had found while waiting for them, Kagome was wearing the same rags she had been in when she had been put onto the ship. All Kouga did was stare at her for a couple minutes before grinning.

"I really can't wait for Inuyasha to meet you. I really can't." Chuckling, he grabbed Kagome's stiff upper arm and dragged her out of the room and towards the side of the ship.

Kagome carefully walked down the metal stairs and into the waiting boat where Sesshomaru just lifted an eyebrow at her attire but didn't say a word about it. Kagome refused to look up at him as she sat down.

The boat gently cut through the water as it came closer and closer to the shore. As the boat slowed down, Kagome lifted her head up to see a small furry cat sitting at the edge of the docks. The cat was stone still and just sat there staring straight ahead. It didn't take long to figure out what she was looking at.

Sesshomaru was staring at the cat in the same manner before ignoring it. Kagome looked at the little cat again, but it had disappeared. Well then. That was weird. Wonder what that cute cat was staring at Sesshomaru for?

Kagome glanced at Sesshomaru before shrugging to herself. It wasn't her problem anyway. If the guy wanted her to know, which she doubted he would, then he would tell her. Otherwise, she might as well just leave it alone.

As Kagome was let out of the boat, a bubble of excitement began to grow. Here she was, plain Jane extraordinaire, going to be getting the star treatment even if it was for a jerk that wouldn't remember her. Who cared? She was actually going to be living at a place where she would hopefully be treated like an equal.

Kagome looked out the window at the different sites and all the different people rushing to get to someplace or another. Kagome secretly smiled to herself as the car drove by at a normal pace. Now this is the type of driving I could get used to. The car was actually going at a normal speed and not trying to crash into other drivers.

Fifteen minutes later, the car pulled up into the driveway that Kagome assumed was where she would be living temporarily. The car stopped and waited for the tall black gates to open up and let them in. The house was pretty amazing by Kagome's standards. Actually it was more like a place fit for a king. The place sort of resembled a castle with a lot of different statues stacked on top of it.

The car drove forward as the black gates slowly opened. Kagome didn't say a word mostly because she was speechless and because she was afraid that if she said anything this fairy tale would stop, and she would wake up in her room on the cold ground.

A chauffeur came around to the car and opened up the door for Kagome. Kagome just sat in her seat staring straight ahead. Sesshomaru however was not going to let her just sit there and wait until she was ready to get out. He grabbed the arm that was holding onto the old dress and dragged her out of the car. Kagome didn't bother to struggle.

As the limo drove off to be put away, three more limos drove up where all of them were to park side by side. As the doors were opened, girls that looked to be around Kagome's age got out.

The first girl that got had long raven hair and what looked to be magenta eyes that seemed a little angry at the moment. The bangs she wore were a little disorderly around her eyes hiding them from view when she turned her head a particular way. She wore all black with only a purple band tied in her hair to keep it in a ponytail.

Another girl who had a few feathers in her hair to hold in place got out next. She wore a loose fitting outfit with different designs that Kagome assumed was supposed to look like something. Kagome wasn't even going to guess what it might be.

The last girl who got out made Kagome's hands clench. This was the same girl who had ruined her life. This was the girl who had made her out to be a liar and cheat. Kagome would never forget her name. Kikyou. Judging by the look of her, she was as pretty as ever. But her eyes were as cold and lifeless as Kagome remembered them to be. Those eyes took away some of the beauty she had.

Kagome looked away from Kikyou and took a deep breath. The only way she was going to get through this was if she just didn't think about what had happened. That was the only way she wouldn't end up killing Kikyou for what she had done to her.

Sesshomaru dragged Kagome to the front of the house and in a quiet voice asked all of the girls to follow him. He didn't wait to see if they would obey because he already knew that they would.

As the party entered the main hallway, Kagome gaped. The place was so darn big that you could fit Kagome's old home on there with plenty of room to spare. Sesshomaru didn't pay attention to Kagome's open mouth but did hurry her along to whatever the destination he was going for. They passed by various amounts of paintings done by some of the world's best painters. A lot of them were abstract paintings but were still beautiful nonetheless.

Sesshomaru abruptly stopped and turned around to face the three other girls.

"If you are wondering what you are doing here then listen up because I will say this once and only once. One of you will be marrying my little… brother and will become the next mistress of this place. So do your best in trying to charm him because you are going to need to use all of the charms you possess." Without waiting for someone to say anything, Sesshomaru dragged Kagome into a smaller room where he pushed her inside where Kagome fell over her two clumsy feet and fell to the ground. Sesshomaru waited until the rest of the girls had gone in before shutting the door close.

Kagome just sat there, staring at the door before rising to her feet and looking for a chair to sit down into. She didn't find any since the other three girls had taken the three chairs that were there. Kagome sighed. Guess I'll stand.

Kagome went over to the wall and leaned against it waiting for the prince himself to come.

~*~

"Inuyasha? The ladies are here to meet you. Lord Sesshomaru wants you to come down and meet them."

Inuyasha snorted to himself. And just why in the world would he want to go and meet a bunch of crybabies? All the women his brother got for him were the same. They would pretend to like him and everything just because his brother told them. But Inuyasha had a sneaking suspicion it also had a lot to do with his money. Well it didn't matter. He would just scare them off like he did all the others. No biggie.

Inuyasha grabbed one of the many red shirts on the floor lying next to his bed, and put it on. Inuyasha paused, as he was about to grab one of his older pair of slacks. Why not start the shocking now? Maybe he could get rid of some of them if they saw how he was dressed.

Inuyasha dropped the pants out of his hand and smiled to himself. Of course, if they did run out screaming because of his magnificent body, that was all right with Inuyasha. Inuyasha opened his bedroom door and shut it, making his way toward the spiraling staircase located at the other side of the house.

~*~

"Who the hell you callin' a dirty farm girl you big ugly cow!?"

Kagome had fire in her eyes as she watched Kikyou give her another smirk. "Why you m'dear. I was only remarking on your attire is all. It just seems that you would be a dirt poor farm girl with the way you're dressed."

Kagome closed her eyes and took a calming breath. Opening them again, she gave Kikyou a cold stare. "Don't talk about my attire. If you would actually eat only one meal a day, then that outfit your wearing wouldn't look like it's about to tear apart at any given moment."

Kikyou's smile became even deadlier. "I think you need to get your eyes checked. I happen to have a nice figure that most women would die for. My mother made sure I would even if I don't remember her anymore. Obviously your mother is dead to actually have you go out in public the way you do and not care."

Kagome looked at Kikyou for a second before turning away. In an icy cold voice, Kagome said over her shoulder, "Talk about my mother like that again Kikyou and you'll regret it." Kagome ignored the stares of the other two girls and calmly sat down onto the floor.

There was clapping in the distance and Kagome assumed that it must be either Inuyasha or a guard. At the moment she didn't care. She had to calm herself down to make sure that she didn't kill Kikyou right then and there. She closed her eyes and began to breathe in and out while at the same moment trying to listen to the voice that was talking.

"Very good Kikyou. It seems you haven't changed by much I see. But next time you want to pick on a servant, do so in your own spare time. Not in mine." Kagome's eyes flared open again and she turned toward the doorway where the voice had come from. And then she saw him.

It seemed the guy hadn't changed at all. Maybe a little more difference in height, but that was it. His hair was still the same silvery color that it had been before. Kagome didn't have to touch it to know that it would be softer than it had been three years ago. The eyes were a golden color that still managed to surprise Kagome to this day. And there was the same old hated smirk on his pretty face. Maybe his body was built a little better too, but otherwise he was the same old jerk Kagome remembered. The same old Inuyasha.

Kagome rose to her feet and looked at Inuyasha for the first time in three years. "Who the heck are you calling a servant?"

Those beautiful golden eyes swung to Kagome before dismissing her. "I'm going to assume you're new, so I'll only tell you this only once: stay out of my way."

Kagome walked over to Inuyasha and stared him straight in the eye. "And I'm only going to say this once. Never misjudge me. It just may be your downfall."

Inuyasha smirked at Kagome before pushing her down to the floor and turning toward the exit. "We'll see about that wench. We'll just see about that."

Kagome watched the other three girls walk out of the door before getting an evil glint in her eye. You just declared war Inuyasha. And just to warn you, nobodybeats me at my own game.

Kagome followed the rest of the girls as she began to form a plan in he mind. Inuyasha led them into the dining room where he jumped on one of the chairs and sat back onto it, looking at each girl as she entered the room. So you can guess his surprise when he saw Kagome entered the room last.

Inuyasha looked at Kagome before shaking his head. "You have guts coming in here wench. I'll give you that much. But if you don't mind, I have to talk with each of these… ladies before I go back upstairs and sleep."

Kagome gave him a brilliant smile. "Aren't you supposed to be searching for your future bride with one of these girls?" Kagome pointed to the girls standing in a single line.

"What's it to you?"

Kagome gave Inuyasha a small chuckle. "Because I happen to be one of those lucky girls. Or unlucky in my case."

Inuyasha stared at Kagome before the chair he was leaning in fell backward with him in it. No one went to go see of he was okay. They didn't need to, judging by the way he was laughing himself to death.

Kagome's smile didn't falter. "It's true you know. And don't worry Inuyasha. I won't be stealing any swords."

The laughing was abruptly cut off. Inuyasha got up from the floor with a glare at Kagome that would have made any bully proud. "Who are you?"

Kagome looked at Inuyasha innocently, but hugging the fact to herself that he was about to remember her in the next five seconds. "You forgot already? I was sure that your girlfriend, Kikyou, would have reminded you. Guess I was wrong."

"Just answer the damn question!"

"It's Kagome Inuyasha. My name is Kagome Higurashi."

Inuyasha stood there for a second before his eyes widened. "You. It's you. You were the one who mad my life miserable. You're the thief!"

Kagome's features hardened. "I'm not a thief Inuyasha. Kikyou is."

A/N: I don't know if I like this chapter. I may have to re-do it. But if you do, tell me and I may not. Man that was a lot of typing. Okay, review. Always review.