InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Other Life ❯ A little bit of revenge ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I think my computer hates me. You want to know why? See, I would have had this chapter up a lot sooner, but guess what happens when I'm about to finish? Out of the blue, my computer erases the whole chapter. Don't know why. Don't know how. I do know it did it just like that. It erases the whole twelve pages I had already typed up. And what do I have to do? I have to start from the damn beginning!!!

So, when you guys finally get this, do not yell at me for taking to long because it's not my fault! Okay, here's the next chapter. I can't believe I have to re-write this. I'm not going to cry. I'm not going to cry. I have to just keep chanting that and I'll be fine. TWELVE FREAKIN' PAGES GONE! TWELVE!

Kagome walked down the spiraling staircase and out the main doors. Ignoring the curious looks she was getting from the passing servants, she quickly opened them and walked outside. Kagome didn't care that Inuyasha had told her to leave. As far as she was concerned, he couldn't eliminate her just because he was hurt over something that was not her fault. If and when he eliminated her, he had to do it because he wasn't interested.

Shifting the two items in her right arm to her left, Kagome quickly walked over to the garden in the back of the house, hoping to find Sango. If she was going to leave, then she was going to make sure that when she did, Inuyasha remembered her even when she was gone. And Sango was going to help her accomplish that.

Not finding her in the garden, Kagome went back towards the front of the house and turned her gaze to the lake. Not seeing her there either, Kagome quickly began to become frustrated. Doing a one-eighty, Kagome made her way back toward the house and her room.

This time she was lucky. The faint sounds of off-tune humming could be identified as none other than Sango's. Smiling happily to herself, Kagome slowly walked to the door and gradually let her self inside.

Kagome smirked as she silently listened to Sango's off-key voice. Not wanting to alert her of her presence yet, Kagome stayed in the shadows and just watched her friend sing.

After a minute or so, Sango took a deep breath and tried to reach a very high note. Kagome winced. Deciding that that was all the torture her ears could take for a day, she loudly cleared her throat to get Sango's attention.

Sango whirled around guiltily. Seeing Kagome, a faint blush rose to her cheeks as she asked, "Just how long have you been standing their Kagome?"

Kagome smiled, and said teasingly, "Long enough to know that you shouldn't take up a career in singing."

Sango's blush became even more apparent at Kagome's comment. Defensively, she said, "Well you shouldn't have been spying on me. Then you wouldn't have heard my bad singing."

Kagome lightly giggled. "Sorry. I just couldn't resist."

Sango shrugged and went over to the window near her bed. Not turning around, she asked, "So why are you still here?"

Kagome frowned. "Well last time I checked, Sango, I still lived here."

Sango shook her head. "No, I mean why are you still in the palace, and not in the city looking for a job?"

Kagome smiled to herself cheerfully. "Because, as far as I'm concerned, Inuyasha can't throw me out without a good reason. Just because he thinks I stole those items, doesn't mean I actually did. If he's going to kick me out, then has to do it because he's not interested in me."

Sango walked away from the window and said lightly, "So is that what you'll tell him when he finds out you're still here? That you didn't leave when he told you to?"

Kagome frowned. "How do you know that Inuyasha told me to leave?"

Sango said dryly, "Well it wasn't that hard, Kagome, seeing how Inuyasha wasn't trying to keep his voice low. I'm pretty sure the whole house knows by know."

Kagome fought back the tears that wanted to escape when she thought of the pain Inuyasha made her feel with his distrust. Summoning up a breath, Kagome ignored the emotion inside of her and just nodded.

Sango frowned guiltily as she noticed the glassy look her eyes had taken. "I'm sorry Kagome. We won't speak of it anymore." Cheerfully, she asked, "So why did you come back?"

Kagome smiled. "I already told you remember? Inuyasha can't kick me out unless he's not interested in me." Kagome's smile became sly. "Not to mention that when I see him again, I want to make sure that he won't ever forget me. And that's what you're going to help me with."

Sango grinned. "I am, am I?"

Kagome nodded her head again. "Yes you are. Now, here's what I was thinking…."

~*~

Inuyasha had gone to his tree after he had told Kagome to get out. He had come to the tree only because he didn't want think about what had just happened. He just wanted to be left alone so he could relax.

A twig snapped under the pressure of someone's feet, which alerted Inuyasha to his or her presence. Inuyasha silently groaned to himself as the smell of none other that Miroku got closer to him.

Inuyasha opened one eye lazily as Miroku came into his line of vision. But instead of speaking, Miroku walked calmly over to the tree Inuyasha was in, and leaned against it. Miroku stayed in that position for a long time before Inuyasha couldn't take the silence anymore.

"What do you want Miroku?"

Miroku replied nonchalantly, "What makes you think I want anything Inuyasha? I can't just come out here to look at the scenery like you are? I have to want something?"

Inuyasha snorted, not believing for a minute what Miroku was saying. "Miroku, what do you want? Just spit it out."

Miroku took a deep breath and said, "Sesshoamru wanted me to tell you that you're going to have a date with Kagura tonight and not to mess it up. Tomorrow will be Kikyou, and the day after that will be Sango. Don't mess those up either." Under his breath he muttered, "But mess up Lady Sango's all you like. I sure as heck wouldn't mind."

Inuyasha heard what Miroku had said, and replied deviously, "Don't worry Miroku. I'll especially make sure that I don't mess up none of my dates. Especially Sango's."

Miroku made a sound that resembled someone being choked. Inuyasha grinned, before saying, "Now what did you really wan to tell me? I know it's not my dear brother's message."

Miroku didn't answer, but just kept looking at the scenery. Inuyasha sighed, giving up for a moment. If the guy didn't want to talk, then he wasn't going to push him into it seeing as he didn't want to talk either.

Miroku, on the other hand, knew exactly what he wanted to say. He just didn't know how to say it. Oh sure, he could just tell him and hope that Inuyasha won't care. Who are you kidding Miroku? The only reason you're not saying anything is because you're not sure what Inuyasha's reaction will be. Either he'll try and kill me, or he won't believe me. Hopefully, he'll do neither.

Deciding that there was no other way around it, Miroku decided to just say it and hope for the best. In a hushed voice, he said, "Kagomedidn'tstealthering."

Miroku quickly got off of the tree and hastily made is way back to the palace. But he hadn't taken so much as two steps when Inuyasha's voice stopped him. "I'm pretty sure you won't mind repeating that, now would you Miroku?"

Taking a deep breath, Miroku whirled around and said falsely, "Of course not Inuyasha. I said that Kagome didn't steal my ring. In fact, she had nothing to do with the hours of planning that went into my brilliant plan for Sango!"

Inuyasha jumped out of the tree with a scowl on his face, his arms crossed over his chest, and said again, "You wouldn't mind repeating that, now would you Miroku?"

Miroku shifted uncomfortably. Not looking Inuyasha in the eye, he repeated, "Kagome didn't steal the ring. She actually had nothing to do with it. I was the one who stole my ring, Inuyasha. Not Kagome."

One of Inuyasha's eyebrows rose. "You mind explaining to me how the hell you could even steal your own ring?"

Miroku laughed nervously. "Well, funny thing that. See, I didn't exactly steal my ring seeing as it is mine."

Inuyasha dropped the cool attitude and glared at Miroku. "You better stop talking in riddles, before I beat you to a bloody pulp!"

Miroku sighed. "Alright Inuyasha. See, I had originally come up with a plan to get to know Lady Sango better. She's the only female I know that doesn't put at least twenty feet between us whenever I'm near her. All she does is just make sure that she's never in front of me." Miroku's voice was miserable as he said, "And lately, I just wanted to get to know her. But she never comes close enough so I can talk to her. Or touch her."

Inuyasha smirked, his anger at the moment forgotten. "And this surprises you?"

Miroku shook his head. "Actually, it doesn't."

Inuyasha's smirk grew wider. "It shouldn't. Now, continue on with your sad, sad tale."

Miroku nodded. "Very well. You see, what my plan had been was that I would take my ring, place it on Sango's bedroom, and then pretend that my beloved ring had gone missing. That's when I would have somehow found a way to have Sango's room searched and bingo! There the ring would be. It wouldn't have seemed to weird if I had wanted to stay close to her to make sure she didn't steal any of my stuff. But, as you already know, that wasn't how it all turned out."

Inuyasha had been amazed throughout the whole story that Miroku would go to such lengths for a woman. Then again, it should surprise him too much seeing as this was Miroku. The one thing Inuyasha could never be surprised about when it came to women was what his friend would do for them.

Seeing that Inuyasha was actually listening to him, and not trying to beat him into he ground, Miroku continued. "I don't know what happened, but instead of Sango finding the ring, Kagome found it instead." With a big grin, Miroku stopped his story. "So as you can see Inuyasha, Kagome didn't steal my ring. As weird as this may sound, I stole my ring."

Inuyasha scoffed as Miroku finished. "Do you really expect me to believe that? How dumb do I look Miroku?"

Miroku shrugged. "Don't yell at me for telling the truth Inuyasha. If you don't want to believe me, then that's your mistake."

Inuyasha snorted. "Sure you're telling the truth. And the sky will be a lovely shade of green tomorrow."

Miroku sighed. The reaction he was getting was the reaction he had been expecting when he had searched to find Inuyasha and tell him of Kagome's innocence. Though he had sort of expected him to try and beat him up, his disbelief was just about the same thing. Miroku turned away from Inuyasha and made his way toward the tree again. Leaning against it once more, Miroku said, "You really are blind Inuyasha. You don't trust anyone, though I guess I can't blame you. If I was shunned and ridiculed for most of my childhood, I guess I would have grown up to be somewhat like you." Miroku's sigh was sad. "It's just to bad that your distrust of all people will make you lose the greatest thing you could possibly have."

Inuyasha's face clouded over as it always did when someone mentioned his past. Growling, he said, "Don't even start on that Miroku. You didn't have a childhood like me. No one could possibly know what I went through all those years. All the pain I suffered."

Miroku had a small smile on his lips as he replied, "Don't you start on that Inuyasha. You should fell grateful that you had a mother to comfort you. Others don't have that. The only kind of comfort they can get is themselves."

Inuyasha looked away from Miroku's back and snarled, "How would you know?"

Miroku shifted slightly against the tree. Some pieces of bark fell down, but went unnoticed by either boy. "I wouldn't." Miroku got up from the tree and slowly walked away from Inuyasha and to the palace. "But Kagome would."

Inuyasha was too surprised to answer as he watched his longtime friend walk away. Puzzlement wormed its way into his mind as he wondered what Miroku had meant. Why would Kagome know he had felt? The wench had lived in a nice home with a nice mother. How the hell would she, of all people, know how he had felt?

After a while of trying to decide what Miroku had meant, Inuyasha finally gave up and pushed the nagging comment to the back of his mind. He wasn't going to waste his thoughts thinking about her when it didn't really matter.

Inuyasha jumped back into his tree and, despite all the thoughts racing in his mind, willed him self to go to sleep and forget about everything and everyone.

~*~

Kagura stood in the mirror and patted down her hair for the last time before she twirled around to see if everything was in place. Her sliver kimono sparkled as it caught some of the suns rays of light. For the last hour, Kagura had been getting ready for her date with Inuyasha.

She knew that she wasn't supposed to be getting excited about this date, but then again, why not? I mean it wasn't like most people could say that they had been on a date with a prince, even if the guy in general was a half-demon prince. He was still a prince.

As she looked at her hair again for the tenth time that night, the reason why she was even here came into her mind. Or to be more exact, who had made her come here came to her mind.

As a mental vision of Naraku appeared, Kagura's previous excitement was squashed down by the anger that rose up within her. Kagura hated the thought of working for him, but more importantly was the grotesque fact that she was even related to him.

When Kagura had gone to live with her uncle years ago, she had foolishly thought that she could handle him like she had done with all of her foster parents before the foster agency had found out she had a living relative.

Kagura laughed bitterly to herself. He quickly squished that notion, now didn't he Kagura?

Naraku had made it apparent from the beginning that she was his to do with as he pleased. So when Kagura had tried to rebel against him, Naraku would just leave her alone a few hours in the `torture chamber', as Kagura liked to call it. Five minutes in there could have even made the toughest person turn into a saint. For Kagura, though, it took a while before she could contain her rebellious nature.

She had quickly learned to hate her new uncle, but also fear him. As she got older, she became more willing to do the things he wanted her to do. She became less rebellious, and more obedient.

When she had became seventeen, he had sent her out to do his dirty work. It still never ceased to amaze Kagura to this day what Naraku would do just to get his way. Kagura shuddered as she thought of all the lost lives that had been lost because of Naraku.

And there will be many more after this whole contest is over, Kagura reflected. It shouldn't matter seeing as soon as Kikyou is queen here, Naraku will let me go.

Ever since Kagura could remember since staying with Naraku, was that she had always wanted to leave Naraku. But she never could since Naraku was her legal guardian. Kagura would do anything to gain her freedom. And Naraku, that bastard, knew it too.

Kagura wasn't opposed to people getting hurt to gain her freedom. If some lives had to be sacrificed to accomplish her goal, then so be it.

Kagura snapped out of the past and back into the future as a servant told her Inuyasha was waiting in the limo down below. Putting on her most cheerful smile, Kagura turned from the mirror for the last time and made her way toward the door and to Inuyasha.

~*~

As Kagome listened to the door being shut and the footsteps that walked past, she knew that Kagura was getting ready to leave for her date with Inuyasha. Though Kagome was unwilling to admit it, the thought of Inuyasha with somebody else besides herself, hurt so much.

She knew, or thought she knew, that Inuyasha didn't return the same feelings she did. If he had of, then he wouldn't have been so quick to condemn her when Miroku's ring had Kikyou's necklace had been found on her side of the room.

With a sigh, Kagome decided to forget about the past and move onto the future.

Sango had been staring at Kagome ever since she had spaced out. When she returned back down to good old reality, Sango could tell seeing as her eyes didn't have the same glassy eye looked they had taken on when she had went into her memories.

Softly, she asked, "Are you really sure you want to do this Kagome?"

Kagome nodded her head, determination etched in her features. Hoping to lighten the mood, Kagome said jokingly, "You make it sound like I'm going to ruin her life, though that idea does have merit to it."

Sango ignored Kagome's lame attempt at a joke and said seriously, "You do know that she's going to hate you more than she has ever hated anyone right? That once you start this there's no going back?"

Kagome's features turned from determination to amusement. "I'm pretty sure Kikyou doesn't need any excuse for hating me. She can find a reason on he own, without my help."

Sango sighed. "Okay Kagome. I just want to make sure that you know what you're getting yourself into. Kikyou can make your life a living hell if she wanted to."

Kagome grinned. "I know that Sango. But I can make her life a living hell also if she ever decides to mess with me." Kagome reached across her bed and patted Sango's hand comfortingly. "Relax. Just you watch. It'll all work out."

Sango still had her doubts, but she wasn't going to waste any more time by speaking them. Instead, she shrugged and went over to her wardrobe to pick out something for Kagome to wear.

When Kagome realized what Sango was doing, she quickly objected. "I don't need to get dressed up for this Sango. I'm just going next door. You don't have to pick something out for me to wear."

Sango smiled. "I know. But if Inuyasha finds out you're here when your not supposed to be, you'll be out of here so fast, you won't have time to take a breath to explain what you're trying to do." Sango turned back to her closet and pulled out a couple of dresses and a pair of dark wool slacks. The she got out a coat, a hat with some gloves, and finally a black and white ribbon for her hair. Turning to Kagome with a blinding smile, she said, "I want you to have all of this stuff. The coats are for you to keep warm and so are the slacks. The rest is for whenever you want to wear them."

Kagome stared at all of the stuff on the bed and then at her friend's face. "Thank you," she whispered. No one had really given Kagome anything of value except for her mother and that really didn't count seeing as when she got it, her step mom had already ruined it.

Sango smiled sheepishly. "Anytime. I'm your friend. You can ask me for anything."

Kagome nodded her understanding.

A shut of the door next door had Kagome remembering why she was even there. Taking a deep breath, Kagome got of the bed and walked over to the door. Sango gave her a thumb's up sign, which boosted Kagome's courage a little more.

Kagome opened the door and quietly walked over to Kikyou's room. Putting her ear against the door, Kagome quietly went inside, hoping that she wouldn't be noticed.

When she was able to get inside without someone crying an alarm, Kagome let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding. Leaning against the door still, Kagome looked around until she spotted them.

Two security cameras were scanning the room slowly, back and forth. One was right above the door Kagome was leaning on, and the other was carefully concealed in the shadows near the door to the showers.

Quietly, Kagome scanned the room for the one person she came to see. It wasn't that hard to see her since she was standing near the window, looking outside.

Kikyou didn't know of Kagome's presence yet. Kagome was soon to rectify that. In a quiet voice, she said, "Enjoying the view Kikyou?"

Kikyou didn't turn around at the sound for Kagome's voice. Instead, she said, "I was. Until you came here and ruined it."

This time Kikyou turned to face Kagome. Kagome was taken back at the hatred she saw in Kikyou's eyes. She knew that Kikyou hated her, but she didn't know she hated her that much.

Seeing the hatred made Kagome suddenly doubt the wise ness of the decision she was about to make. Here she was, alone with a girl who could easily do her harm if she wanted. No one would know about it until it was to late.

You've gotten this far Kagome. Don't chicken out on me now. Say what you have to say and the get out of there.

Kagome nodded. Before she could speak again, however, Kikyou beat her to it. "I see your still in the palace."

Kagome smirked. "Yes, I am. But only for a minute. I just came by to ask you, why?"

Kikyou's smile was bitter. "You want to know why I hate you so much? Why I can't stand to see your face without wanting to try and ruin your life? Okay, I'll tell you."

Kikyou walked over to her bed and pulled the Shikon No Tama off of the bedpost. Quietly, she said, "Before you had came and destroyed my life with Inuyasha, I had actually be happy. Inuyasha and I had been planning to get married and I would have been the new Queen of the Western Lands. But then you cam along and ruined everything."

Kagome shook her head. "I ruined nothing Kikyou."

Kikyou glared at Kagome, but didn't make a retort. "It seems from the very first time Inuyasha has met you, he's been infatuated. I don't know what it is about you, but he's always liked you. Before I knew it, Inuyasha was spending more time with a girl no better than a servant, than he was with me. I couldn't let that happen though. I had to break you up somehow."

Kagome smiled bitterly. "So that's when you chose to steal Tetsuiga."

Kikyou's voice was cold. "Correct. Inuyasha didn't need that damn sword. He had more money than he could ever spend in a lifetime. I decided to myself that it wouldn't matter if I sold the sword, blamed it on you for it's absence, and in the end I would get the money I needed to pay off some of my father's debts off. It was the perfect plan. So perfect, in fact, that I realized I didn't love Inuyasha like I thought I did. You, Kagome, had turned what love I had for him into hate. Inuyasha betrayed me by liking you."

Kagome was angry at the end of Kikyou's tale. "Are you telling me that the only reason you made Inuyasha hate me was because of jealously and money?"

Kikyou smirked. "Yes I am Kagome. Inuyasha doesn't deserve happiness. If anyone deserves anything, it's me. Not some half wit little girl and especially not some stupid half-demon."

Kagome looked at Kikyou in disgust. "You know what Kikyou? I really hope that when this thing is over, you don't get anything you want. Inuyasha does deserve happiness even if he is a half-demon." Kagome stopped at what she just said penetrated through the angry fog in her mind.

Calmly, she asked, "Did you just say, half-demon?"

Kikyou knew that Kagome didn't know about Inuyasha's true nature, so she was looking forward to being the first one to telling her about it. However, the calmness in Kagome's voice had not been what Kikyou had been planning. "Yes, you heard me right. Inuyasha is a half-demon."

Kagome stared at Kikyou for a few seconds before she smiled. "Well I guess that would explain why he doesn't act like normal people."

"And how do normal people act, Kagome?" a voice asked from the doorway.

Kagome turned around to see none other than Inuyasha himself glaring at her. "You want to know Inuyasha? Okay, I'll tell you. Normal people don't believe the first thing a lying conniving girlfriend says, normal people give other people a second chance to un-do mistakes that happened in the past, and normal people don't jump around on there hands and feet to get to one place or another."

Inuyasha flushed a light red before asking coldly, "Why are you still here and not at the city looking for a job? In case you forgot, I told you to get out of here because I was eliminating you."

Kagome smiled sweetly at him. "I didn't forget Inuyasha. But see, the way I figure it is that you can't eliminate me because of something you think I did. You have to do it because you're not interested in me as one of your potential brides."

Inuyasha looked at her like she had just announced that she was able to fly. "Are you telling me that you're not leaving because of some stupid idea that you made up in your mind?"

Kagome glared at Inuyasha. "Don't start with me Inuyasha. The only reason I came here was because I wanted to know why Kikyou hated me so damn much."

"I can answer that one for you seeing how I hate you too." As soon as the words had left his mouth, Inuyasha instantly regretted them as he saw the stricken look come across Kagome's face.

In a hollow voice, Kagome said, "So you hate me? I guess that's to be expected since Kikyou made sure that you would."

Inuyasha didn't like hurting Kagome, but he was afraid that she would reject him just like all the others. "Don't start on that. I already know that you want to put the blame on Kikyou."

Kagome stared at Inuyasha while saying, "I don't have to. It's all on tape for you to see."

This time Kikyou interrupted. "You're lying again Kagome. There turned off right now. I was dressing before you barged in and I didn't want any perverted men looking at me."

Kagome turned to Kikyou with anger in her eyes, "But that's where you're wrong. Sango is up there as we speak recording everything that has gone on in this room since I entered it."

There was a flash of panic before Kikyou quickly concealed it. "You're bluffing."

"Actually, she's not." Sango walked in with an irritated look on her face. Kagome wondered why until she saw Miroku come in with a cherry red handprint on his left cheek.

"I was in there listening to every word of confession you made Kikyou. If you don't believe me then," she took out the tape she had been hiding behind her back, "watch this."

Inuyasha glanced at the panic in Kikyou's eyes before looking back at Sango. He shook his head. "No need. I already know."

Kagome looked at Inuyasha. "What do you mean you already know?"

Inuyasha grinned. "Well in case you didn't notice, my date with Kagura didn't go so well so we came home early. I heard voices and with my demonic hearing, I could hear everything you guys were saying."

Kikyou turned paler and paler at each word that came out of Inuyasha's mouth. If what he said was true, then…. Kikyou gulped.

Inuyasha turned his gaze onto Kikyou. "So you think I'm an idiot huh?"

Kikyou didn't answer but instead tried to escape out of the room. Nobody bothered to try and stop her. Kagome watched all of this in amazement before coming up to Inuyasha until they were both almost touching noses. Quickly, she whipped off the hat on Inuyasha's head and looked at the two doggy ears that were resting there.

Inuyasha grew angry at Kagome's examination of him. He tried to push her away, but Kagome wasn't budging. All of a sudden, she squealed and began to squeeze them between her fingers.

"There so cute!"

Kagome rubbed the soft fur of Inuyasha's ears and was surprised to hear the low purring sound. All the others watched on with amusement.

"I guess we probably should leave," Sango commented.

Miroku grinned. "I think you are right, Lay Sango. Let us be going." Before Sango could act, Miroku had put his hands on her butt and began rubbing.

Sango turned red, screamed "Hentai!", and gave him a big slap.

A/N: Okay so her ya go. All my twelve pages back where they belong. I feel so happy. Oh, and I know how there was supposed to be some eliminating in this chap. but I couldn't find a place for it. So definitely next chapter. Until then toddles and review!