InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Thoughts Before You ❯ Maybe I'll be sorry when your gone ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yeah I know, it took me a very long time to update, but I have found my inspiration once more and I sorta have more time now.
 
My thoughts before you
 
Maybe I'll be sorry when you're gone
 
"You're fine would you shut up?"
 
This girl was really getting on Kouga's nerves. "You hit me with your car then expect me to shut up! I don't think so lady."

She twitched lightly, her shoulder length blonde hair had been pulled back into a quick pony tale and her dark brown eyes were glaring just as fiercely back into Kouga's. "Look number one, my car was the one that was totaled, number two it wasn't your car I gave the slight fender bender to."
 
"Slight fender bender?" Kouga stopped his shouting and grabbed his sore neck, "The whole car door is dented in and I have a broken arm."
 
"Is this a way of telling me you want me to sign your cast?"
 
"NO!"
 
She sighed, "Look my insurance company is going to cover this because my father pays out the a-hole for it. There isn't anything to worry about."
 
"How am I supposed to work?"
 
... "You could go to the soup kitchen?" she offered.
 
"How am I supposed to drive? I drive a standard truck."
 
... "Take a taxi?"
 
"I'm going to the soup kitchen remember, how am I supposed to pay for a taxi?"
 
"Sounds like a personal problem to me." She shrugged. Despite Kouga's ramblings and shouting the wreck hadn't been too bad. Her car was totaled but Ginta's Jetta hadn't come out that bad. It was still drivable. Kouga was the only one out of his buddies that was injured, and again little miss thing over there, came out worse in the field of injuries. There was a large bump on her head, a huge gash down her cheek, and a few ribs were bruised from her seatbelt. Kouga had even been willing to over look the problem with his arm until she copped an attitude and threw a fit about them pulling out in front of her.
 
After the cops came it had been decided as 50% negligent on each part. The girl and Kouga had to go to the hospital while his friends were aloud to go home, as he sat in the hospital bed next to Hemi Unruh's he didn't have anything else to do but complain about her and her driving.
 
"You two are free to go." said the doctor. "Your ride is here Miss Unruh, as for you Kouga do you have a next of kin you could call?"
 
Kouga paused, "Shit!"
 
"Hey would you calm down, we are in a hospital." she enjoyed irritating him. She pulled a jacked on over her shoulders carefully. "Where do you live?"
 
"Evanston Wyoming."

"Great so do I we'll give you a ride."
 
Kouga didn't like the sound of this. "No."
 
She shrugged, "Fine, call someone and have them drive an hour and a half to come get you then head strait home. Too bad you won't have me for company any longer."
 
Kouga snorted "yeah too bad." he shook his head and was about to call Kagome when he remembered something, they didn't have a house phone and he couldn't remember the number to her cell phone, he had it on speed dial to his phone and that was crushed in the wreck. "Actually." he paused, biting his lip, this was going to hurt, he could tell. "I do need a ride. I just remembered."

"Come on Wyoming." she rolled her eyes and headed towards the entrance of the hospital.
 
Kouga followed her reluctantly, his pride could only take so much in one day and she sure was going to try and take it through the ringers for this one. As he watched her slender yet tall frame walk before him he realized that she must be even younger than he, only 18 or 19, probably still in high school. She had long legs, she could be a good hurdler if he trained her up a bit, that was exactly what the team needed.

"Stop looking at my ass."
 
"I wasn't." he bit back, almost running into her when she stopped abruptly next to a Chrysler SRT with suicide doors. "Wait this is yours? You were driving a beater last time I checked who in your family owns this?"
 
She looked at the silver paint and patted it before turning to him. "My fathers, he wanted to get me one like it but I told him I wanted to buy my own car. That car that I destroyed was my last piece of independence from him."
 
 
~*~
 
"Hello?" Inuyasha pushed open the door, Ky was held securely in his arms. "Kagome?"

Something wasn't right here, it was well after dark and there were no noise coming from within in the house yet the door was unlocked and that wasn't something you did in an apartment complex like this.

Taking a few walks around the house he had decided that no one was there, that and he was amazed that if he took large steps he could walk down the hall in six strides but that was beside the point. He was just about to leave when Kagome came back in looking panicked.

"I hope you don't leave the door open like that all the time not while my son is in-"
 
"Oh Inuyasha, would you shut up?" she asked sitting down on the kitchen chair. "Kouga hasn't come home yet and he has been gone for ages, I have no idea where he is, or what could have happened and his phone is turned off."

Inuyasha paused, he hadn't expected this. "Umm?" what was he supposed to say "I'm sure everything is just find, you are after all his fiancé right? Wouldn't you be the first person they contacted if something happened?"
 
She nodded softly but wasn't sure that was exactly true. "I hope your right Inuyasha." It was then that she noticed Ky was standing next to Inuyasha looking up to her with large eyes. "Where is daddy?"

Kagome bit her own lip and patted his black head. "He went to a hockey game and is just late getting back."

"Butthead."

Kagome chuckled "Who taught you to talk like that?"

"You."
 
She forced a smile and looked at Inuyasha, "I'll take him you can go back to your hotel room. It's fine"
 
Inuyasha stretched and went to the couch where he said down; he unbuttoned the top button on his shirt and turned on the TV. "Yeah right."
 
Kagome was glad that he was staying, he had a way of understanding that she didn't want to be alone and if something did happen, god forbid, she didn't want to break down in front of Ky.
 
~*~
"Hey what movie is good?" Miroku looked at the clerk and smiled sweetly at the raven haired beauty. He had always had a soft spot for girls with dark hair and she was no exception. She was curvy, cute, and soft looking. Hopefully she would be his company for the night.
 
She glanced up from her computer and stared at Miroku. This was what you got for working at a movie store during the closing shift, all the out of towners coming in and hitting on you. That was probably the reason why Sango always got this shift, she was the only one who could fend them off.
 
"A lot of people have been renting Hard Candy. I want to see it." she said casually as she began to check in movies.
 
"And what did you think about it?" oh yeah, she was playing right in to Miroku's hands. He leaned casually against the booth and smiled sexily at her.

She looked up and met his eyes. "Its about a man who is out on the prowl for a weak and innocent girl to satisfy his manly needs briefly, but she is smart and has a plan for him. What's not to like about the prey getting the hunter?" Miroku paused, wait what? He held his eyes with her for a moment and realized that it had been a shut down in the worst way. "You are here with Inuyasha aren't you?"
 
Again Miroku was taken by surprise; he had expected a country bumpkin. "How did you know?"
 
"You are pacing around here with those leather shoes and suite. This is Wyoming people don't do that." she grinned sheepishly "And the fact that you have a New York City key chain did help me figure it out."
 
Miroku looked down at the strap to his keys that hung out of his pocket fondly; it was the first thing he bought when he moved to the big apple years ago. "So you know Inuyasha do you?"
 
Sango nodded and went back to checking in movies and putting them in a box she would soon take out to restock the shelves. "Are you his lawyer?"

Miroku nodded casually. "That I am. You seem to know a lot more than you're letting on."
 
She shrugged. "I don't know what you're talking about."
 
He didn't seem to by it and Sango could tell so she ducked her head more. "See I know you know why I'm down here, but I don't know if you know for what reason."
 
She shrugged, "Why are you down here?"

"Come to dinner and I'll tell you."

"Kiss my what?" she bit her lip, her mouth was going to get her fired one day but she didn't care he was a cocky bastard and needed to know that.
 
Miroku chuckled, "I'll see you tomorrow night."

Sango looked up smugly. "No you won't, even if I wanted to accompany you to dinner while you were on the prowl for something to please you, which I don't, I work."

"Thanks, now I'll know where to find you. We can watch Hard Candy on that monitor of yours." he saluted her and left.
 
~*~
 
"Hey what the hell?"
 
Inuyasha had been watching TV with Kagome when the two fell asleep waiting for Kouga to come home, now all he could register was his shirt collar being lifted along with his body. He had been having a very nice dream about food when he was rudely awakened by a fist. Once his eyes registered what was going on he could see Kouga lifting him up and throwing him off the couch towards the door. "Get out!" he shouted, throwing his coat after him.

"What is your problem?" Inuyasha hit the ground but was up instantly.

"The problem with me is my problem with you! Now get out."

Kagome was awake now; she sat up and looked between Kouga and Inuyasha. Had she really fallen asleep? "Kouga!" she pleaded as she got up between them, her eyes landed on his broken arm. "Oh my gosh! What happened?"

Inuyasha shoved Kagome out of the way and went strait for Kouga's neck, "Look you bastard I have done nothing but be nice around you but you know what your really starting to tick me off."

"Inuyasha!" Kagome shoved him away from Kouga. "Just go ok?"

Inuyasha looked around the room, seething with anger. He was about to give them both a what for when Ky started to pull on his pant leg. "Leave my mom and dad alone!" he shouted before sinking his toddler teeth into his leg.

"Ow!" he jerked away from Ky. "This is messed up. I am leaving."

Kagome sighed when Inuyasha left, she was about to hug Kouga when he walked away from her. "I need to get out of here." he said as he went into their bedroom to grab some clothes and a duffle bag.

Kagome was stunned into silence, but Kouga had enough to say for the both of them. "Give me a call when you get your head screwed on strait." he bit out at her. "I'm not going to put up with this anymore. I have loved you for as long as I can remember, all through high school I thought, 'Kagome will realize what a jerk Inuyasha is and everything will be ok' even after her left you alone and pregnant you didn't hate him! Now that he's back your practically throwing yourself at him. I'm sick of this shit."

Kagome didn't say anything; all she could do was staring at him. Kouga had been his safety net and he was just staring at her. "Silence says more than words Kagome."
 
With that he started to walk towards the door when Ky stopped him. "Don't go dad!" he bawled "I don't want you to. Moms sorry I know she is. Don't leave me!"

He bent down. "I'll be back Ky." he said kindly. "Mommy just needs to away from me for a while, and I need to be away from her too. I'll be at the fire station if you want to see me ok?"

Ky didn't say anything, he just watched, much like Kagome, as Kouga left them.

Ky then turned on her, "You made daddy leave. I hate you!"
 
Everyone was turning on her weren't they? She watched as the little boy stormed off to his room, tears rolling down his cheeks. She couldn't chase him, she couldn't even tell him to quit it as he slammed his door several times to make sure she heard. Kagome felt like she was dead inside, her barley managed to answer the phone when it rang.

"Kagome? Is that you? Its Sango, Inuyasha's Lawyer is here."
 
 
~*~
 
K everyone should read this if you are into Rurouni Kenshin, it's a little excerpt from my next fic.
 
"I see you are still preaching the ways of a peaceful government."
 
Kenshin stopped in mid-stride to glance towards the scarred fellow, the two locked eyes in a gaze that said so much I could barley register any thing else.
 
"The chaos of the revolution is over, our time in the war is over, now its time to instruct those who are the generation after us that blood shed is not the answer."
 
The man whom I had never seen before, but came to hate so much almost instantly stood and approached us. His walk was slow and deliberate and for some odd reason with every step closer to us he took I began to feel chills run down my spine. I'll never admit to it, even when I'm cold and grey, but when Kenshin stood between us I had never felt more relived.
 
If I weren't more scared of him I'd wipe that stupid smirk he was giving me right off his face. "Remember Kenshin, you may have been able to avoid your man killing tendencies but you won't be able to now. Blood will run through the streets once more, every generation has their liberation. Its time they have theirs."
 
In an instant he was gone and it felt like the blood in my veins was pumping again and I could breathe once more. "Kenshin?" I couldn't believe how strong I thought I had been, back when my life was simple, but now I've realized it was all in my mind. I'm nothing compared to him. "What did he mean? Fight your man killing tendencies? Blood through the streets?"
 
Kenshin turned around and faced me, but he wouldn't meet my eyes, "I told you what I am, but I haven't told you how I became that way. There was a time that seems father away than it actually was when the balance of Japan's peace was still unstable. A man named Shishio stood between the innocent citizens and the hell that was about to be brought forth. It's been so long since I stood there, ready to give my life to stop him and allow the leader of the people to grow and mature to take my place as its protector, that was back when I had a shred of humanity left."