InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Naraku's Desire ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha.....I do however own Yanna and any other character that I create.....A/N: ~~...~~ denotes flashbacks, dreams, and nightmares; **...** denotes changes in scenery, * denotes special notes at the bottom of the chapter.



Chapter 1 ~ Yanna’s Transformation And A Brotherly Visit


Yanna was a normal fourteen year old girl or so everyone thought. She has lived in Tokyo with her stepfather since she was ten. Her stepfather was a police officer when they lived in Kyoto but he was injured in a shootout one night and nearly lost his life. Cordell* knew that he had to find a job that would keep him alive a little longer for Yanna’s sake. So, Cordell found a job at a local courthouse in Tokyo.

Cordell had bought a nice house when they moved to Tokyo four years earlier. It was brown with white trim. The yard was big enough so that Yanna had plenty of room to run around when she was younger. The inside of the house was nice and cozy. The living room wasn’t all that big but it was big enough for the two of them. The kitchen was just off the left side of the living room. There was a short hallway that led to a closet and bathroom. The stairs were just located inside the front door and led upstairs to the bedrooms and another bathroom.

Cordell is a middle-aged man with brown hair that was starting to turn gray because of Yanna. He stood about six feet tall. He also had brown eyes with a hint of green in them.

Yanna had brown hair with white-blonde highlights. Her eyes were lavender with gold flecks in them. She stood a little over five feet tall.

Yanna’s stepfather always knew that she was special. Yanna always knew that her stepfather was hiding something from her. Cordell had “acquired” Yanna when she was four years old from a woman by the name of Anise. Anise had told Cordell about Yanna’s background and made him promise not to tell Yanna about it until the time was right.

On the day that Yanna turned fifteen, her dad noticed some changes in her. Changes like her hair turning a silvery-white, her fingernails turning into claws, her eyes turning from brown to an amber-gold color, and the dog-like ears on the top of her head. There was one other change that had happened to her and that was that she now had fangs. Cordell also noticed that Yanna’s attitude towards everyone and everything around her was changing as well. Yanna also had noticed that her senses were more heightened just like a dog’s senses.

With all the changes happening to Yanna, Cordell noticed that she didn’t want to go to school. Cordell could understand where Yanna was coming from about not wanting to go to school. She really didn’t want the kids to pick on her about the way she looked. She also needed some time to get used to her new looks. So, Cordell decided to let Yanna stay home. With that decided, Yanna gave her stepfather a kiss and a hug and went back to bed. Cordell then left for work.

Later that day when Cordell got home from work, he noticed that there was someone waiting outside the front door of their house. He had never seen this person before. Cordell then cautiously walked up to the door and spoke to the stranger.

“Who are you and what do you want?” Cordell asked the stranger suspiciously.

The stranger just looked at the man before him as he replied, “I am looking for InuYanna or Yanna as you know her by. I am her older brother, Sesshoumaru.”

Cordell nodded to Sesshoumaru and opened the door so the two of them could go inside. Cordell also knew that this day would come sooner or later. He just hoped that Yanna would be able to accept who and what she truly was. Once inside, Cordell motioned for Sesshoumaru to have a seat on the couch while he went upstairs to get Yanna.

Sesshoumaru walked over to the couch and sat down. He was a little unsure about everything. He wasn’t sure if Yanna would remember him or where she had come from. Sesshoumaru was still mad at their father for taking Yanna away from him. He had promised Yanna when she was younger that he would always protect her no matter what happened to her. He was bent on keeping his promise to her.

When Cordell left the living room, he went upstairs to Yanna’s room. Yanna’s room was exactly the way a teenage girl’s room should be. She had posters of her favorite singers and bands up on her bedroom walls. She also had a queen-size bed with the headboard up against the wall across from the window. There was also a dresser next to her bedroom door. Yanna also had a full-length mirror on the other side of her door. Up against the wall across from the door, there was a desk with a computer on it so that Yanna could do her homework, play games, and surf the internet.

As Cordell walked into Yanna’s room, he found her sound asleep in her bed. He walked over to her bed and shook her shoulder lightly, just enough to wake her up. Yanna slowly woke up and looked up at her dad. She was glad to see him. Yanna smiled up at him as she sat up in bed.

“Hi, dad,” she said as she wiped the sleep from her eyes.

“It’s time to get up, Yanna, and have dinner,” Cordell said before he walked out of her room and headed back downstairs.

With that said, Yanna got up and followed her stepfather back downstairs. Once they were downstairs, Yanna noticed that there was someone sitting in the living room.

She then turned to her stepfather and asked, “Who is he?”

“He is here to see you, Yanna,” Cordell said not looking at her.

As soon as her stepfather said that, Yanna walked into the living room as Cordell walked into the kitchen to start fixing dinner. In the living room, there was a couch made of some type of blue fabric. There was also a chair that her stepfather never wanted to part with. There were windows on either side of the front door. Up against the wall across from the stairs was a 65” big screen television with a nice looking surround sound system with a built-in DVD player. There was also a bookcase beside the TV with tons of DVDs of various titles.

When Yanna walked into the living room, she noticed a man dressed in a white kimono with pointy ears and two purple stripes on either side of his face and crescent moon on his forehead. He also had silvery-white hair just like her. As she walked further into the living room, the stranger turned and faced her. He took one look at her and nodded his head for her to sit down on the couch beside him.

“Who are you?” she asked with a hint of worry and fear in her voice.

Sesshoumaru had picked up on the scared and worry tone in her voice. He didn’t want to scare her off on their first meeting. He turned and looked at her with a stoic expression that he always wore on his face.

“My name is Sesshoumaru,” he said in a polite and soothing tone.

She looked at him and then asked, “What do you want?”

Sesshoumaru just looked at her. He could tell that she couldn’t remember or didn’t know the truth behind why she looks the way she does. Sesshoumaru had to admit that the older human male had done a really good job at raising her but it was time for her to be with her own kind and fulfill her destiny.

“I have been searching for you, InuYanna. You look just like my younger half-brother. You are also about the same age as he is,” Sesshoumaru told Yanna.

Yanna just looked at Sesshoumaru with a funny look on her face. She knew that he was hiding something from her. There was one thing that she had learned when her stepfather was a cop and that was being able to tell when someone wasn’t telling the whole story.

“Why have you been searching for me, Sesshoumaru? What is so special about me?” Yanna asked, hoping to get more answers.

“I am afraid that now is not the time for me to reveal that information to you. You will find out soon enough,” Sesshoumaru said as he smiled at her once more.

Yanna was about to ask what he meant by that but she was interrupted when her stepfather walked back into the living room to let her know that dinner was ready. She needed to know more about what was happening to her. She didn’t want to feel like an outcast in a world that would probably hate her. She also knew that her friends would turn their backs on her when they would find out what she looked like.

“How is everything going?” Cordell asked them.

Yanna took the chance and looked up at her stepfather. She could tell that he knew what was going to happen to her on this day. She could also tell that he knew more about what her life was like before she came and lived with him.

“Everything is going okay I guess,” she replied with a hint of sadness in her voice.

Again Sesshoumaru was the only one that picked up on the sad tone in her voice. He didn’t want to take her away from the life she had gotten to used to but he really had no choice. The thing was that he wasn’t ready to take her away just yet. She needed to get used to all the changes that she had just undergone that morning.

“I am glad. I just wanted to let you know that dinner is ready and waiting for you in the kitchen, Yanna,” Cordell said as he turned towards the stairs.

“Thanks dad,” Yanna said.

With that said, Cordell went upstairs to his room so that Yanna could have some privacy with Sesshoumaru. He knew that Sesshoumaru was there to take Yanna back with him. He wouldn’t stand in the way either. Cordell knew that Yanna didn’t belong with him.

Just then, Sesshoumaru got up from the couch. He started walking towards the front door when he stopped and turned back around to face Yanna.

“I will see you again in a year, InuYanna. Remain safe until then,” Sesshoumaru said as he turned and left the house.

Yanna just sat on the couch for a few minutes so that she could let everything sink into her head. There was so much that she had to comprehend. She finally got up off the couch and walked into the kitchen and ate the food that was sitting on the kitchen table for her. Once she was done eating, Yanna went back upstairs to her stepfather’s room. There were a few things that she wanted to talk to her stepfather about. She had so many questions running through her mind at the moment that she didn’t know which way was up or down.

When she reached the top of the stairs, Yanna slowly made her way to her stepfather’s door. She knocked on the door as she waited for an answer. When her dad told her to come into the room, Yanna opened the door and walked in. In her stepfather’s room, there was a king-size bed on one side of the room, up against the wall. There was a dresser across from the bed with a 32” television sitting in top of it. She walked over to the side of the bed and sat down. She didn’t know where to begin.

“Dad, how long have you known about me being different from everyone else?” Yanna asked her stepfather who was reading a book.

Cordell just looked at Yanna. He knew that question was one that was a long time coming. He was surprised that she had never asked him that question before. Cordell put his book down and looked up at Yanna. He could tell that she was serious about wanting to know about her past but he had agreed not to tell her until the time was right and right now wasn’t the time or place.

“I have known since the first time that you came into my life. I didn’t care what you were or what you looked like. All I cared about was that I could raise you as my own and I would have to say that I have done a really good job at it,” Cordell said back to Yanna with a smile on his face.

Yanna looked up at her dad and smiled back at him. She knew that he was telling the truth. Yanna also knew the loved her no matter what she looked like and for that she was grateful. Yanna knew that Cordell would always be there is she needed him.

“Thanks dad,” Yanna said as she gave her stepfather a hug.

They continued to talk for another couple of hours. Yanna had so many questions. Most of the questions her stepfather couldn’t answer and she understood that he didn’t have the answers to those questions. After they were done talking, Yanna got up to walk to her room and go to bed.

“Good night, dad,” Yanna said as she walked out of her stepfather’s room and to her own so that she could go to bed.

Once Yanna reached her room, she went to her window and sat on the window sill. She knew that the next year was going to be hard for her but she was always up for new challenges and this was no different. When she was done looking at the stars, Yanna closed her curtains and climbed into bed and fell asleep dreaming about the stars.

~~Begin Yanna's Dream~~

Yanna was sitting in her room, looking out her window at the stars. She was so into looking at the stars that she didn’t even notice that her father had entered her room.

“What are you looking at, little one?” InuTaishou asked his daughter.

“The stars, daddy,” Yanna said. “There are so many of them.”

InuTaishou walked over to her window and looked out at the stars. He smiled when he saw what she was talking about.

“Yes, InuYanna, there are a lot of them. Do see that bright one right there?” InuTaishou asked Yanna as he pointed to the brightest star in the sky.

Yanna nodded her head as she answered, “Yes, I do. What’s so special about it?”

InuTaishou chuckled softly. He could tell that she was going to be a stargazer when she got older.

“Just remember to follow that one and you will always find your way home. Now it is time for you to get some sleep, little one,” he said as he guided her back over to her bed.

Yanna didn’t fight with her father as he walked her back over to her bed. She climbed back into bed and soon fell asleep.

~~End Yanna’s Dream~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~*Cordell is the name of Yanna's stepfather.....Please read and review to let me know how I am doing and whether or not I should continue with the story.... see ya all soon with the next chapter