InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Naraku's Desire ❯ Chapter 29 ( Chapter 29 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha.....I do however own Yanna and any other character that I create.....A/N: ~~...~~ denotes flashbacks, dreams, and nightmares; **...** denotes changes in scenery, * denotes special notes at the bottom of the chapter.




Chapter 29 ~ The Fight



“Kouga, you don’t understand. A lot has happened to her since the last time you saw her,” InuYasha said.

Kouga looked at him with a serious look on his face. He sat down in front of the fire and then glared at InuYasha.

“Then tell me, mutt-face. What has happened to her?” Kouga asked InuYasha.

InuYasha sat down across from Kouga so that the campfire was in between them. InuYasha then took one look at Yanna before he said anything to Kouga.

“It all started when she had returned to us after being with you. She seemed happy until Naraku kidnapped her and then turned her against us,” InuYasha said as he looked at Kouga.

Kouga didn’t move. He just sat there looking right at InuYasha. It was his turn to look over at Yanna. He noticed that she was sitting quite far from them. He then looked back at InuYasha.

“Continue,” was all Kouga said.

InuYasha nodded his head as he continued telling the tale of what had happened to Yanna.

“InuYanna and I were then forced to fight each other until Naraku killed her. I then took her to Sesshoumaru and he brought her back to life. And then you showed up here,” InuYasha finished.

Kouga sat there just staring at InuYasha. He couldn’t believe what he was just told. Kouga slowly turned and looked over at Yanna.

“What happened to Naraku?” Kouga asked while he was still looking at Yanna.

“We don’t know. He just disappeared when he had finally released her,” InuYasha said while looking at the ground.

Kouga couldn’t get what InuYasha had just told him about Yanna and Naraku out of his head. He got up and started walking into the forest. That was when InuYasha heard Kouga growling. He stopped when he had reached Yanna. Kouga then kneeled down beside her and touched her shoulder. Yanna didn’t look up at him.

“I will find a way to destroy Naraku for you, InuYanna,” Kouga said as he got up and then continued walking back into the forest.

InuYasha never knew that Kouga could be so caring, especially to his sister. He looked over at his sister and noticed that she was crying. He saw her shoulders shaking as her cries intensified. InuYasha then got up and walked over to her. He sat down next to her and then pulled her to him in a protective hug.

“What’s wrong, ‘Yanna?” InuYasha asked as he rocked her back and forth while trying to get her to stop crying.

Yanna looked up into her brother’s eyes with her own amber-gold eyes. She could see the worry in his eyes. She smiled at him as she wiped away the remaining tears from her eyes.

“I am just worried about what is going to happen next is all,” Yanna said as she pulled herself out of InuYasha’s embrace.

InuYasha looked at her and smiled. He knew exactly what she was talking about. He was also worried about what was going to happen to them next.

“Let’s not worry about that right now. Why don’t you go and lay down so that you can get some sleep,” InuYasha said as he helped Yanna to her feet.

Yanna nodded to InuYasha and walked over to the nearest tree. She looked up into it. She knew that she didn’t have the strength to be able to jump into it so Yanna just sat on the ground and leaned herself up against the tree trunk. Yanna then closed her eyes as she had finally let sleep overtake her body. InuYasha saw Yanna fall asleep. He could tell that she had something on her mind.

‘I’ll ask her in the morning about what she was thinking about,’ InuYasha thought to himself.

InuYasha then got up and walked over to Yanna. He leaned down and kissed her on the forehead.

“Goodnight, InuYanna,” he said as he jumped up into the tree that she was leaning against.

He landed on a branch that was only a few feet above Yanna. He also looked down at her as he settled himself down on the branch and leaned up against the trunk just like Yanna had done. Before InuYasha knew it, he had fallen asleep.

**Later that night**

InuYasha was awakened by Yanna whimpering in her sleep below him. So, he jumped down from his perch above her. He landed on the ground beside her quietly so he wouldn’t wake her up. InuYasha then sat down beside her and pulled her to him so he could calm her down. He then started to rock Yanna back and forth so she would calm down.

It took InuYasha about half an hour to get Yanna calmed down. Even though InuYasha had gotten her to calm down, he still continued to rock her back and forth. When InuYasha realized that Yanna was peacefully sleeping, he closed his eyes and once again he had let sleep overtake him as well.

**The next morning**

Yanna woke up when the sun’s rays had shone in her eyes. That was when she felt two strong arms wrapped around her waist. Yanna then looked over she shoulder and saw InuYasha asleep next to her. She couldn’t help but smile at him.

“InuYasha,” she said as she nudged his shoulder.

InuYasha just growled lightly and held her tighter. By now, Yanna’s face had turned red with anger.

“INUYASHA!!!” Yanna growled as loud as she could muster this early in the morning.

“What?” he asked drowsily.

Yanna then pointed at his arms around her waist. He looked down at her waist and then removed his arms right away.

“Sorry,” he whispered.

Once InuYasha had removed his arms from her waist, Yanna got up from the ground. She then started walking into the forest without looking back at InuYasha. When InuYasha realized where Yanna was going, he got to his feet real quick. He then walked over to her and grabbed her arm. InuYasha then spun Yanna around so she was facing him.

“Where do you think you are going, InuYanna?” he asked her.

“None of your business, InuYasha,” Yanna said as she pulled away form him and then started walking into the forest once again.

InuYasha couldn’t believe how Yanna was acting towards him. He knew he had to go after her. So, he gathered up their stuff and went after her. InuYasha followed her scent into the forest.

**Meanwhile at the village**

Kagome walked out of the hut. She saw Sango sitting under a tree petting Kirara. So, Kagome walked over to Sango and Kirara and sat down next to them.

“Hey, Sango,” Kagome said as she started petting Kirara also.

“Hey, Kagome,” Sango said back to her friend.

Kagome suddenly stopped petting Kirara as she started thinking about InuYasha and Yanna. Sango didn’t let this go unnoticed.

“Are you thinking about InuYasha and InuYanna, Kagome?” Sango asked.

“Yeah, I am, Sango. I just hope that Sesshoumaru had brought InuYanna back to life for InuYasha’s sake,” Kagome said worriedly.

Sango looked over at Kagome and said, “I’m sure he did, Kagome.”

Kagome just nodded and looked up at the sky.

**Back with Yanna**

Yanna knew that InuYasha would be following her. She really didn’t want to deal with him right now. So, she picked up the pace so she could put as much distance between herself and InuYasha. She was running at full speed when she ran into someone or something.

When Yanna ran into whoever or whatever it was, she flew backwards into a tree and landed on her back. Just then, the person, she ran into, started to walk towards her. When she saw the person coming towards her, Yanna started to back herself up until she had herself backed up against a tree.

“Who are you and what do you want with me?” Yanna asked as she pulled herself into a standing position while using the tree for balance.

“It’s me, Kouga, InuYanna,” Kouga said as he reached out to her.

Yanna looked at Kouga as he put out his hand for her to take. She looked at Kouga as she cautiously took his hand. She smiled at him as she took his hand in her own.

Once Yanna had taken Kouga’s hand, Kouga pulled her to him. He held her close to him as he hugged her. Yanna returned the hug. She felt so safe with Kouga. Just then, Kouga pulled away from Yanna and spoke.

“Who are you running from, InuYanna?” Kouga asked with a worried look in his eyes.

Yanna looked at him and then she looked at the ground before she answered him.

“I’m running away from InuYasha,” Yanna said, still looking at the ground.

Just then, Yanna felt Kouga’s hand touch her chin as he raised her head so she could look at him in the eyes. Yanna stared helplessly into Kouga’s icy blue orbs.

“Why are you running from mutt-face?” Kouga asked her.

Yanna just looked at Kouga. She could feel the tears filling her eyes. As the tears started to fall from her eyes, Yanna looked away from him.

Before Yanna could answer Kouga, InuYasha came upon them. He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Kouga pawing over his sister. InuYasha stormed up to Yanna and Kouga. When he reached them, InuYasha pulled Yanna away from Kouga. Once InuYasha had Yanna away from Kouga, he glared at Kouga.

“What do you think you are doing with her, wolf breath?” InuYasha seethed at Kouga as he pushed Yanna behind him from Kouga’s view.

Yanna struggled with InuYasha. She clawed at his hand on her wrist since it made her remember when Sesshoumaru had grabbed her the exact same way. She winced in pain as InuYasha’s grip tightened in her wrist. Kouga didn’t let this go unnoticed.

“I didn’t do anything to her. She ran into me, dog breath. So, why don’t you let her go,” Kouga growled at InuYasha.

InuYasha growled back at Kouga. He couldn’t believe that Kouga was telling him what to do with his own sister. That was when he felt Yanna clawing at his hand on her wrist that he was holding on to tightly.

“Let me go, InuYasha. You’re hurting me,” Yanna cried out.

InuYasha heard the hurt in Yanna’s voice. He turned around and saw the same hurt in her amber-gold eyes that was in her voice. He could also see the tears that were falling down her face.

“I’m sorry, InuYanna. I didn’t realize I was hurting you,” InuYasha whispered so that she could barely hear him as he released her wrist from his grip.

Yanna stepped away from InuYasha once he released her wrist. She was shocked that her twin brother would hurt her like that. Yanna slowly backed away from InuYasha and found herself backed up against the tree again.

“Now do you see what you’ve done, mutt-face. You have her scared of you,” Kouga said to InuYasha.

InuYasha growled at Kouga again when he said that. He charged at Kouga with his claws poised to kill anything they came in contact with. Kouga had just enough time to dodge InuYasha’s attack. Kouga jumped to his right as InuYasha attacked him. Kouga smirked at InuYasha as he started to attack InuYasha right back. Kouga made contact with InuYasha’s face with his right fist. Yanna continued to watch Kouga and InuYasha fight over her. InuYasha had gotten a few good hits in on Kouga. Kouga had also gotten a few good hits in on InuYasha as well.

Just then, Yanna couldn’t take anymore of them fighting over her. So, she jumped in between them. Kouga saw her as she got in between them so he was able to stop his attack on InuYasha. InuYasha, on the other hand, didn’t see Yanna and so he couldn’t stop himself in time. Before InuYasha knew it, he had hit Yanna square in the jaw. The force of the impact had sent her flying into a tree.

Yanna hit the tree with so much force that she was knocked unconscious instantly. InuYasha just stood there, awestricken, as Kouga ran over to Yanna’s side. InuYasha couldn’t believe that he had just hit Yanna. When he finally came out of his stupor, he started to make his way over to where Yanna had landed next to the tree. He stopped when he heard Kouga growling at him.

“You dare strike you own kin, you pathetic half-breed,” Kouga said as he held Yanna in his arms, safely.

“No, I didn’t mean to hit her. It was an accident,” InuYasha said softly.

“Well, you did. Now, I am taking her with me back to the wolf den so she won’t be afraid of you anymore,” Kouga said as he stood up with Yanna in his arms.

With that said, Kouga started walking towards the wolf den with Yanna. Kouga then stopped walking and turned back around to face InuYasha.

“Go back to Kagome, InuYasha. InuYanna will be safe with me, dog breath,” Kouga said as he turned back around and started walking towards the wolf den once more.

Once Kouga had disappeared into the forest with Yanna in his arms, InuYasha started walking in the other direction back towards Kaede’s village.

“I’m sorry, InuYanna,” InuYasha whispered as he continued to walk towards the village.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~there is chapter 29.....i hope that you all like it.....please read and review so that i know how i am doing in my writing.....cya all next chapter.....