InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ New Life ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 

Year: 1535
Month: February
 
 
Golden eyes narrowed as he watched Bokuseno. The girl had gone within the tree. He had heard of only one being that Bokuseno had taken into himself. That had been when he had been no more than a boy. He could not remember the man's name but the scroll at his palace told the story.
The man had remained with Bokuseno for years. Then one day, he was released and left Japan. He had never returned. He knew the male had been an Inu youkai. The only name that remained of the man was Higaurashi.
Moving from the tree, he turned back to the camp. He had watched their arrival. He had watched them settle. Then suddenly it was as if they were no longer there. Even their scent had been erased. He knew the miko had to be the reason behind this. Her powers must have grown to great proportions to even counter his own advanced senses. He was most definitely angry now. The anger had been building the moment he had returned to their group to follow.
He had arrived back to the group's location the night of the battle between he and Inuyasha. He saw only Inuyasha, the kitsune, the fire cat and the human monk were in the camp. Finding the scent of the females, he followed it to a nearby hot spring. The Slayer, the now alive undead priestess and the miko were sitting in the spring. It appears they were finishing. He found it odd when the miko remained though.
As he settled against a tree, he watched her. Her movement was slow and calculating. It was the movements of a warrior. A growl almost broke through as his eyes narrowed when he heard the faint buzzing. Not even moments afterwards, he watched her turn swiftly. He watched her eyes narrow. In seconds, he watched her eyes become violet. There was something about them that made his beast rise from his slumber. It wanted to dominate her and make her submit. There was nothing lustful about it. His beast could feel the power and strength within the woman.
Locking his beast away, he focused back on the woman. She had dropped her head. It was as though she were getting ready to attack. At that moment, Inuyasha arrived. With the group being in his lands, he could follow them without the half breed alerting them to his presence. Watching her stand, he viewed the scars on her body. Turning, he moved deeper into the trees.
As the group settled for the night, his golden eyes narrowed on the female. She was still awake. They had apparently traveled hard that day. Even the half breed had fallen asleep. He watched her close her eyes and her body relax. He could feel her aura stretch out across him. Immediately, he hid his power from her senses. He could feel the darkness within it, as if she were searching for something or someone.
Suddenly, her power vanished. It was there and then it was gone. Narrowing his eyes, he flexed his claws.
Her eyes opened and she looked around. After a couple of moments, her eyes closed. He turned away. There was no use in staying. They were asleep. Moving into the trees, his golden eyes looked to the sky. His ward was awaiting him at his fortress. No doubt she would be terrorizing his retainer. Moving farther away he settled against a tree.
Towards morning, he felt a sudden surge of darkness encase the land. Standing, he moved swiftly to where he could feel the center of the darkness. He found himself moving back to where the half breed's group was. Before he could get close enough, he felt something beginning to burn his skin. Looking down dispassionately, he saw his skin sizzling. Narrowing his eyes, he looked ahead and continued moving forward.
As he got closer, he heard a low raspy voice speak. It was unlike anything he had heard before. Sniffing lightly, a dark look appeared in his eyes. His beast began to become alert. He smelled a youkai and yet it smelled like no youkai he had ever met. The half breed dare sneaks a youkai into his domain. He would slaughter the half breed, gladly. Once he was through with the half breed, the youkai would die by his hand.
It was sudden that the scent was gone. It was no longer there. Moving forward, he watched the group rising and moving off. They were headed in the direction of Bokuseno. His curiosity arose. What purpose did they have with the tree? As he followed the group, he could see the humans and the half breed staring at the miko. Focusing on the woman, he watched her movements. There was something about her movements that reminded him of a warrior. That was foolish though.
As the group stopped for camp that night, he saw nothing out of the ordinary and so instead turned away, orbing in a bright ball of white light to his fortress. As he arrived, his guards rushed to his presence.
Ignoring them, he entered. No doubt his ward would already be asleep as well as his retainer. Settling in his study, he began to go through some scrolls that he had been neglecting for some days. Of course, he had been watching the half breed's pack. His cold gaze moved through the writings. Foolish Lords. They were demanding his appearance at a war conference.
“Sesshomaru.” Lifting his head, his eyes grew even colder.
“Mother.” The woman settled on her knees before the table. “Why have you come?”
He watched his mother smirk, her eyes glinting darkly. “I have come with a warning.” He eyed his mother with no patience. She huffed. “Such impatience. The Kamis have been stirred. A creature has been born unto our land without their consent. It is a curse between the darkness, a youkai and purity. The high Kamis wish to end its life. As I am their vessel, I choose you to carry out this task.”
He raised a brow. “You think to order this Sesshomaru around?” Her eyes glinted hard.
“I do as Lady of the West.” He rose.
“You are dismissed Lady Mother.”
She rose, fury in her eyes. “I will leave but you will do as I say.” She turned and left.
As morning dawned, he returned to his previous curiosity. He watched them. As night fell, he watched them. Everything seemed far too normal for them. It was then that he watched the miko stand. He moved, following her deeper into the trees. The foolish girl. Leaving the protection of her pack. Perhaps he would need to teach her a lesson. Moving to go off after her, he suddenly lost the scent of her companions. A soft growl came through. The girl was a nuisance. If not for the fact that she was needed to destroy the half breed the group sought, he would have long ago killed her.
He was now in his current predicament. Before he could intervene, she had reached Bokuseno and had disappeared into the tree. His eyes narrowed as he flexed his claws. He couldn't even go after the half breed to vent his rage.
This Sesshomaru was not pleased. Knowing that she would return to her group in three days, he turned to go back to his fortress. When he returned, she would not be able to step aside from a battle with him. He would force her.